About West Bengal 12th 2020
West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education (WBCHSE) conducts 12th class exams which are also known as WB HS exams. has released the date sheet of West Bengal board 12th on the official website of the board. Health & Physical Education, Visual Arts, Music and Vocational Subjects, are held for two hours and all other papers are held for a duration of 3 hours and 15 minutes (15 minutes given to read the question paper before beginning to write the exam).
Latest: West Bengal 12th result 2020 Declared! Check result here.
- Students who have passed 11th class and studying in a school affiliated by WBCHSE can apply for WB 12th exams 2020.
- The Exams were commenced on March 12, 2020.
- Students should go through the syllabus to prepare for West Bengal board 12th 2020 exams.
- Also, solve previous year's question papers to practise with various questions.
- The result, which is declared online, will be provisional and the board issues the original West Bengal 12th mark sheet to the test takers soon after.
West Bengal 12th 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||West Bengal Board 12th Examination|
|Short Exam Name||West Bengal 12th|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Languages||Bengali, English +7 More|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 9 Minutes|
West Bengal 12th 2020 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
17 Jul, 2020
Result | Mode: Online
21 Mar, 2020
Exam - Commercial Law and Preliminaries of Auditing, Philosophy, Sociology | Mode: Offline
19 Mar, 2020
Exam - Computer Science, Modern Computer Application, Environmental Studies, Health & Physical Education, Music, Visual Arts | Mode: Offline
18 Mar, 2020
Exam - Mathematics, Psychology, Anthropology, Agronomy, History | Mode: Offline
17 Mar, 2020
Exam - Health Care, Automobile, Organised Retailing, Security, IT and ITDS -Vocational Subjects | Mode: Offline
16 Mar, 2020
Exam - Biological science, Business studies, Political science | Mode: Offline
14 Mar, 2020
Exam - English (B), Bengali (B), Hindi (B), Nepali (B), Alternative English | Mode: Offline
12 Mar, 2020
Exam - Bengali (A), English (A), Hindi (A), Nepali (A), Urdu, Santhali, Odia, Telugu, Gujarati, Punjabi | Mode: Offline
West Bengal 12th 2020 Eligibility Criteria
To appear for West Bengal 12th exam, students have to fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Students enrolled in class 12 of an institution affiliated to WBCHSE must clear all dues of the current academic year apart from obtaining a minimum 70% attendance in class XI and XII separately.
- They must submit the filled examination form along with specified documents and exam fee, and their applications must be accepted by the board.
West Bengal 12th 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application : Offline
Mode of Payment : Other
- Candidates studying in class 12 of West Bengal board affiliated institution must submit the examination form to the school before the due date.
- They can collect the form of West Bengal board 12th examination from their respective schools after which they have to fill it and pay the examination fee.
- They have to submit the application along with the required documents as specified by the Board.
West Bengal 12th 2020 Syllabus
The law of partnership
The law relating to negotiable instruments
The law of insurance
Preliminaries of auditing
New branches of auditing
Vouching of transactions
Cost of materials - II
Cost of labour
Methods of remuneration
Basic -concept of overhead
Income from house property
Income from capital gains
Income from other sources
History of sanskrit literature
Amplification from prose/verse
Translation from Bengali or English or Hindi into Sanskrit
Short paragraph writing
- A student can prepare a timetable which includes sufficient time for all subjects in their syllabus and also an extra hour for self-evaluation.
- The timetable must have short breaks in between to make the study time less monotonous.
- Candidates should also solve sample papers and previous years’ WB Board 12th question papers.
- While studying for West Bengal board 12th, one should make short notes which they can get back to while revising. This will save them from the trouble of going through the entire textbook all over again.
- Group study with friends is another effective method. This way, students can compare and analyse their preparation level for the exam.
Details regarding the exam pattern for West Bengal HS 2020 exam has been given below:
|Arabic, Bengali (A and B), Hindi (A and B), English (A and B), Alternative English, Nepali (A and B), Odia, Persian, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, French, Gujarati, Accountancy, Business Studies, Economics, Mathematics, Agronomy, Anthropology, Commercial Law and Preliminaries of Auditing, Costing and Taxation, Education, Environment Studies, History, Journalism and Mass Communication, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology||80|
|Biological Science, Chemistry, Physics, Modern Computer Application, Computer Science, Geography, Nutrition, Psychology, Statistics|
|Health and Physical Education||40||60 (Practical)||100|
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit Card
- School ID Card
West Bengal 12th result has been declared online on July 17, 2020. Students can check the same using their roll number and registration number. The result of West Bengal class 12 comprises details about student's performance in the exam including there name, roll number, marks obtained in different subjects, total marks, division, and qualifying status. After the provisional result of WB 12th is declared online, students have to visit their schools in person and collect their original mark sheets.
Steps to check WB HS result 2020:
- Visit the official website: wbresults.nic.in.
- Click on the link of 12th class result.
- Enter the details as asked and submit the details.
- The result will display on the screen.
- Take a screenshot or printout of the same and keep it safe.
Qualifying Marks Trend
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: When will the WBSE 12th exams 2020 be held?
West Bengal Board conducted the Class 12 exams from March 12 to March 21, 2020. The remaining exams will be held in July 2020.
Question: When will the WBSE 12th result be out?
WBSE has declared the 12th result on July 17, 2020.
Question: When will the compartment exams of WBSE be held?
WBSE conducts the 12th compartment exams in the month of August 2020.
Questions related to West Bengal 12th
i laminated my 12th marksheet and certificate. but i am worried now. can i face any problem in future? for this? if i face any problem then what to do?
No, there is no problem in laminating 12th marksheet. It doesn't matter in any institute whether your document is laminated or not. There is nothing to worry about it. So you can focus on other things which have to do in your academics.
All the best.
i completed class 12th from west Bengal board. can i laminate the marksheet and certificate? some suggest to keep them without laminate because college and universities stamps on them. but i want to keep them safe. please suggest me what to do?
is adamas university kolkata offers paramedical courses(dialysis)? if not which are the best college for paramedical in kolkata?
Here some paramedical colleges in Kolkata..
Calcutta Institute of Nursing and Paramedical Science | Best Nursing Institute in Kolkata, West Bengal
MK Paramedical College
Behala Institute of Allied Health Sciences
NSHM Knowledge Campus
Best of luck!!
i am hs student of west Bengal board. government declared that the Pending exam will be held on 2,6,8 jul. but please give me your opinion, will the exam really held or not? if not then what procedure they give marksheet?
How is new haringhata campus of MAKAUT (WBUT) university west Bengal? Is studying there from 2020 for recently new appointed job orientated BSc and BBA specialized courses like data science really worth it or its a worst choice? If its worst choice than suggest some another options? please reply..
The main campus of MAKAUT is newly set up so all the infrastructure are made with modern technology. Placements at MAKAUT are very decent. The majority of students are placed in various MNCs. If your base is strong then there are high chances of getting a job in a good reputed company.