About GSEB SSC 2020
Gujarat Secondary and Higher Education Board (GSEB) conducts the Secondary School Certificate (SSC) exams. Students who have passed the 9th standard from a school affiliated to the Gujarat Board to be eligible to appear for the Gujarat SSC exam 2020. Every year, approximately 11 lakh students appear in the Gujarat board 10th exams.
- GSEB SSC date sheet was released on December 31, 2019 in online mode.
- Students will be able to collect the admit card from their respective schools from February 2020.
- Gujarat Board SSC 2020 exams will be conducted from March 5 to 17, 2020.
- GSEB SSC exams are organised in offline mode. Students should refer the prescribed syllabus to prapre better for the exams.
- Gujarat Board (GSEB) will declare GSEB SSC 2020 result in the 3rd week of May 2020. Last year, the result was announced on May 21, 2019 in the online mode.
- The marks obtained by students in GSEB SSC 2020 exam help them choose an academic stream in 11th class.
GSEB SSC 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Gujarat Board Secondary School Certificate Examination|
|Short Exam Name||GSEB SSC|
|Conducting Body||Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Languages||English, Gujarati +5 More|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
GSEB SSC 2020 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
17 Mar, 2020
Exam - Second language - Hindi/Sindhi/Sanskrit/Farsi/Arabic/Urdu | Mode: Offline
16 Mar, 2020
Exam - English (Second language) | Mode: Offline
14 Mar, 2020
Exam - Gujarati (Second language) | Mode: Offline
13 Mar, 2020
Exam - Social science | Mode: Offline
11 Mar, 2020
Exam - Mathematics | Mode: Offline
07 Mar, 2020
Exam - Science & technology | Mode: Offline
05 Mar, 2020
Exam - First language - Gujarati/Hindi/Marathi/English/Urdu/Sindhi/Tamil/Telugu/Odia | Mode: Offline
GSEB SSC 2020 Eligibility Criteria
- Students must have cleared their class 9 from the Gujarat Board of Secondary Education or any other recognized board of education to be eligible to appear for GSEB SSC 2020.
- The minimum required attendance stipulated by the Board for Gujarat Board 10th must also be fulfilled.
GSEB SSC 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application : Offline
Mode of Payment : Other
Students who are appearing for GSEB SSC 2020 were required to fill the application form to appear for the exam. The GSEB SSC application forms should be filled and submitted by candidates’ respective schools in the month of November.
Private students must contact GSEB or any affiliated school. They are required to fill the GSEB 10th examination form and pay the requisite fee. Once cleared, these candidates are issued the admit card of the Gujarat Board 10th exam.
GSEB SSC 2020 Preparation Tips
Follow the tips given below to excel in GSEB 10th exam.
Prepare a timetable to devote enough time for preparing each subject prior to the exam.
Spare more time for the subjects that you find difficult.
Make notes of important points in a separate notebook as this will enable you to do your revision with ease. Using the highlighter to highlight the important words is also a good idea.
Solve previous years’ question papers and try to complete them in the stipulated time.
GSEB SSC 2020 Exam Pattern
- Students have to score a minimum of 33 percent to pass GSEB SSC 2020.
- The Gujarat board class 10 exam is held for three hours.
- Students must know the exam pattern as it gives them an idea about marking scheme, a number of questions and types of questions asked in the exam.
- Candidates have to appear for the following subjects in the GSEB SSC 2020-First language ( Gujarati, Hindi, Marathi, Urdu, Sindhi, English, Tamil, Telugu and Odiya), Social Science, Science and Technology, Mathematics, Second language (Gujarati, English, Hindi, Sindhi, Sanskrit, Farsi, Arabic and Urdu).
For better preparation, it is suggested to solve the GSEB SSC question papers and sample papers after completing the syllabus. These papers help in understanding the pattern and syllabus in a better way. The more you solve GSEB SSC question paper, the better will be your concepts.
GSEB SSC 2020 Admit Card
- The admit card for Gujarat Board SSC exam will be made available in February 2020.
- The admit card is an important document and candidates must carry the hall ticket to their exam centre.
- The GSEB SSC admit card 2020 contains information, such as candidates’ name, roll no., exam schedule, school name, signature, photo etc.
- The GSEB SSC 2020 admit card will be provided to candidates’ by their respective schools.
- Candidates must check the details mentioned on the Gujarat Board 10th admit card and on finding any discrepancy, they should contact the school authorities to rectify the same.
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
- School ID
Gujarat Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Board, Gandhinagar (GSEB) will declare the GSEB SSC result in the third week of May 2020. Last year, the result was announced online on May 21, 2019 at 7 am. Students have to enter their roll number to check GSEB SSC result 2020. Approximately, 11 lakh students will appear for the exam.
Steps to check and download Gujarat class 10th result:
- Click on the GSEB SSC 2020 result link on the official website
- Enter roll number. The result will be displayed
- Download and take a printout of the result
- Keep it safe for future references
Qualifying Marks Trend
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: Can I apply directly for GSEB SSC 2020 exams?
No, students can apply only through their respective schools for Gujarat board 10th exams.
Question: Where can I check GSEB 10th practical exam dates?
Students can get their individual practical exam dates from the respective school authority.
Question: Can I prepare for GSEB SSC exams in two months?
It is very hard to prepare for Gujarat board 10th exams in two months only but not impossible. If any student prepares with strong determination and proper guidance then he/she can ace the exams.
Question: Can I appear for GSEB 10th exams at any other exam centre?
No, you will have to appear for Gujarat SSC exam at the allotted exam centres only.
Question: How many students will appear for GSEB SSC 2020 exams?
Around 11 lakh students will appear for Gujarat board 10th class 2020 exams.
Questions related to GSEB SSC
I am fail in 12th hsc gseb exam and I get 95% in next year attempt so at the time of admission some percentage are cut by them in merit
your improvement marks will be considered. there might be some issue as your percentage varies in high range. if you have any doubt then ask to the concerned authority. there won't be any cut if you have scored it efficiently and hard work.
ask for reason if there is any cut. show your documents to prove your original merit.
Hope it helps!
when will the hall ticket of gseb ssc 2020 be released
Still the halltickets are not yet given.Tentatively 20 days before the hall tickets will be released. You can visit the official website :
Go to it and enter your details.
Hope this is useful
what is age criteria to be eligible for 10 th standard board exams in GSEB gujarat board
According to my research, there is no age limit mentioned in the eligibility criteria for answering the SSC board exams conducted by GSEB or Gujarat Board. However, the students must have passed class 9th and the minimum attendence should be fulfilled in the class 10th academic year.