About CBSE Class 10th 2020
CBSE Board 10th Exams 2020- Central Board of Secondary Education conducts class 10th board examination for regular students in the month of February-March every year. Students who have enrolled in class X of a school affiliated with CBSE board are eligible to appear in CBSE class 10th board exam. The exams of CBSE 10th class 2020 started on February 15 and ended on March 18, 2020. Around 16 lakh students are curious to check the CBSE 10th result 2020 which will be released after conducting the remaining exams. Here are the highlights of the CBSE 10th exams 2020:
Latest- Revised CBSE 10th date sheet 2020 for Northeast Delhi Students released. CBSE 10th class nation-wide exams have been over.
- The practical exams were conducted from January 1 to February 7, 2020.
- CBSE Class 10th exams 2020 conducted in the morning session from 10.30 am to 12.30 pm.
- CBSE admit cards 2020 for regular students were released on January 17, 2020, and for private students on January 21, 2020.
- Private candidates can download the admit card by entering the requisite details.
- Students should go through CBSE class 10 syllabus 2020 to know about the subject-wise syllabus and download them.
- The application process is held through schools for regular students while private students can register online for CBSE 10th exams 2020.
- Students should practise with CBSE class 10 question papers 2020 to analyze their preparation level.
CBSE Class 10th 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Central Board of Secondary Education Class 10th Examination|
|Short Exam Name||CBSE Class 10th|
|Conducting Body||Central Board of Secondary Education|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Languages||Arabic, Assamese +16 More|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
CBSE Class 10th 2020 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
01 Jul, 2020
Exam - Social science for northeast delhi students | Mode: Offline
02 Jul, 2020
Exam - Science for northeast delhi students | Mode: Offline
10 Jul, 2020
Exam - Hindi for northeast delhi students | Mode: Offline
15 Jul, 2020
Exam - English for northeast delhi students | Mode: Offline
Past Dates and Events
18 Mar, 2020
Exam - Social science | Mode: Offline
14 Mar, 2020
Exam - Painting | Mode: Offline
12 Mar, 2020
Exam - Mathematics basic & standard | Mode: Offline
07 Mar, 2020
Exam - Sanskrit | Mode: Offline
06 Mar, 2020
Exam - Elementary of business | Mode: Offline
04 Mar, 2020
Exam - Science theory, Science w/o practical | Mode: Offline
02 Mar, 2020
Exam - Hind music mel.ins, Hind music vocal, Carnatic music vocal, Car. Music (mel ins), Hind music.per.ins | Mode: Offline
29 Feb, 2020
Exam - Hindi course a & b | Mode: Offline
28 Feb, 2020
Exam - Elementary book-K & accy | Mode: Offline
26 Feb, 2020
Exam - English communication, English language & literature | Mode: Offline
24 Feb, 2020
Exam - Urdu course-a, Urdu course-b, Punjabi, Bengali, Tamil, Telugu, Sindhi, Marathi, Gujarati, Manipuri, Odia, Malayalam, Assamese, Tibetan, Russian, Persian, Nepali, Limboo, Lepcha, Telugu - Telangana, Bodo, Tangkhul, Bhutia, Spanish, Kashmiri, Mizo, Bahasa M | Mode: Offline
22 Feb, 2020
Exam - Kannada, Arabic, French, Gurung, German, Japanese | Mode: Offline
20 Feb, 2020
Exam - Info technology, Marketing & sales | Mode: Offline
17 Feb, 2020
Exam - Home science, National cadet corps, E-publishing and e- office | Mode: Offline
15 Feb, 2020
Exam - Dynamics of retailing, Security, Automobile tech, Introduction to fin.markets, Intro to tourism, Beauty & wellness, Basic agriculture Food production, Front office operation, Banking & insurance, Marketing & sales, Health care services, Apparel, Media, Mu | Mode: Offline
01 Jan, 2020 - 07 Feb, 2020
Exam - Practical Exams | Mode: Offline
21 Jan, 2020
Admit Card - Admit Card for Private students | Mode: Online
17 Jan, 2020
Admit Card - Admit Card for Regular students | Mode: Offline
01 Oct, 2019 - 15 Oct, 2019
Late Fee Application - Private candidates | Mode: Online
26 Aug, 2019 - 30 Sep, 2019
Application - Private candidates | Mode: Online
CBSE Class 10th 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Regular students must have cleared their class 9 from a recognized board of education and studied their 10th class from an institution affiliated to CBSE. They must also obtain the required percentage of attendance in class 10 and submit the examination form with the requisite fee before the deadline. Only those applications which are accepted by the board will be allowed to sit for the CBSE Class 10 exams 2020.
CBSE 10th Exams 2020 eligibility for private candidates
- Candidates failed class 10 from the state board exam.
- Wards of teachers serving in educational institutions affiliated to CBSE.
- Female students who are bonafide residents of the NCT of Delhi who satisfy the following conditions: They have privately pursued the prescribed course of study; they are unable to join class X affiliated to the board; physically handicapped students who produce sufficient evidence of having difficulty in attending classes in a normal school or institution.
CBSE Class 10th 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application : Offline
Regular students of school preparing to appear for CBSE 10th exams 2020 were required to fill the examination form as instructed by the authorities of their respective schools.
Private candidates should submit the application form along with prescribed fee and three copies of passport-sized photographs to apply for CBSE 10th exams 2020. The application form will have to be submitted to the regional officer of CBSE of the state/UT they are residing in.
Points mentioned below need to be kept in mind while filling in the details in examination form:
- Regular students who were unable to clear class IX from a recognized board will not be allowed to appear for CBSE Class 10th as private candidates.
- Private candidates will not be allowed to appear for a subject that is not taught in CBSE affiliated institution.
CBSE Class 10th 2020 Syllabus
Coordinate geometry,Number systems
Statistics and probabilty
Chemical substances-nature and behaviour
World of living
Effect of current
India and the contemporary world – ii
Contemporary india – ii
Democratic politics - II
Understanding economic development
Carnatic music (vocal) theory
Carnatic music (vocal) practical
Carnatic music melodic instrument - theory
Carnatic music melodic instrument - practical
Carnatic music - percussion theory
Carnatic music - percussion practical
Hindustani music vocal
Hindustani music melodic instruments
Hindustani music percussion instruments
Fundamentals of painting
Methods and materials of painting
Areas of drawing and painting
Home science- theory
Human growth & development – II
Management of resources
Food and personal hygiene
Food safety and consumer education
Care and maintenance of fabrics and apparel
Home science- practical
National integration and awareness
Adventure training and obstacle
Personality development and leadership
Social awareness and community development
Health and hygiene
Environment awareness and conservation
Special subjects (army)
Field craft and battle craft
Special subjects (navy)
Ship and boat modelling
Special subjects (air force)
Elements of business
Joint stock company
Sources of business finance
Communication in business organisations
Selling and distribution
Large scale retail trade
Practical / project
Elements of book-keeping and accountancy
Capital and revenue
Bank reconciliation statement
Bills of exchange
Accounting from incomplete records
Department of skill education
Subjects of internal assessment
Algebra - I
Students preparing to appear for CBSE 10th exams 2020 must begin early. Making notes of different formulas and important points is very beneficial. Make a study schedule and stick to it. Practice a lot of sample papers. Students can get them online. Know the syllabus and try covering all topics. Below are a few tips to help you with the CBSE Board 10th exams 2020
- Make a schedule and stick to it.
- Make notes
- Cover the complete syllabus at least 1 month before the CBSE 10th exams 2020
- Solve as many question papers you can
- Ask your teacher for any problem in any topic
- Eat healthily
- Take appropriate sleep
CBSE 10th exams 2020 consists of a total of 100 marks which are subdivided into 2 parts namely:
- Annual board exam: 80 Marks
- Internal assessment: 20 Marks
The internal assessment consists of periodic tests (10 marks each), notebook submission (5 marks), subject activities (5 marks). 3 periodic tests will be conducted in the entire academic session and the average of the best two marks will be considered for the final weightage.
CBSE has decided to allot marks for outdoor games & activities to every student. Health and Physical education have been mandatory for all students. In this, students will receive a booklet of 150 pages. Students will have to choose one exercise which they will have to do on a regular basis on the performance of which students will get the marks from the respective school teacher. These marks will be uploaded on the official website of CBSE.
CBSE 10th Science Exam Pattern 2020
- There will be a total of 27 questions divided into two sections A and B.
- There will be practical based questions of 12 marks and no MCQs.
CBSE Class 10 Social science Exam Pattern 2020
- The question paper will consist of 27 questions.
- The marking scheme is given in the below:
|Questions type||No. of questions||Marks/question|
|Very short answer type questions||1-7||1|
|Short answer type questions||8-18||3|
|Long answer type questions||19-25||5|
|Map questions for History||26-27||1|
|Map questions for Geography||28||3|
CBSE Class 10 Maths exam pattern 2020
The exam pattern for CBSE 10th exams 2020 consists of 4 sections. Class 10 Maths exam carries 80 marks for 30 questions.
|Question type||No. of questions||Marks|
|A (very short answer)||6||1|
|B (short answer type – 1)||6||2|
|C (short answer type – 2)||10||3|
|D (long answer type)||8||4|
CBSE Class 10 English Exam Pattern 2-2-
|Section||No. of questions||Total marks|
|Section A: Reading||1-2||20|
|Section B: Writing & Grammar||3-7||30|
|Section C: Literature||8-11||30|
CBSE Class 10 Hindi Exam Pattern 2020
|A||Apathit gadyansh 1-2||15|
|D||Writing & grammar||20|
- Students must practice the sample papers or previous year question papers for better exam preparation.
- These papers helps in understanding the type of questions asked in CBSE 10th exams 2020.
- By solving these CBSE Class 10 sample papers, students can learn time management as well.
- The question papers and sample papers for CBSE 10th exams 2020 are available free of cost.
Central Board of Secondary Education has released the admit card for CBSE Board 10th exams 2020 on January 17 and January 21, 2020, for regular and private candidates, respectively. Regular students can collect their admit cards from the respective schools. The admit card for CBSE 10th exams 2020 will be released in online mode for private students and in offline mode for regular students.
Steps to download CBSE 10th admit card
Visit the official website: cbse.nic.in.
Click on the CBSE class 10 admit cards link
Enter application number or previous roll number
The admit card will appear on your screen
Download the admit card.
It must be noted that no student is allowed to sit for the exam if they do not carry their CBSE Class 10 exam admit card.
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit Card
- CBSE will declare the result of CBSE 10th exams 2020 in the month of July 2020 in the online mode.
- The re-evaluation or re-checking result will be released in August 2020. Students will be able to check through Digilocker.
- Students can check their CBSE class 10 result online on cbseresults.nic.in by using their admit card number, roll number, date of birth, school number and centre number.
- CBSE 10th Compartment exams will be held in August 2020 and the result for the same will be announced in the last week of August 2020.
- Students can collect their mark sheet from their respective schools a few days after the declaration of result.
- Based on the result of CBSE 10th exams 2020, students can choose the academic stream for class 11 and 12.
Qualifying Marks Trend
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: When will CBSE Class 10 exams 2020 time table be released?
CBSE 10th time table 2020 was released online on December 17, 2019.
Question: What is the start date of the CBSE 10th board exams 2020?
CBSE 10th Exams 2020 were commenced from February 15, 2020.
Question: Is there any changes in CBSE 10th syllabus 2020?
No, there are no changes in the syllabus for CBSE Class 10 exams 2020.
Question: Is CBSE syllabus same as NCERT?
No, the CBSE Syllabus is different from NCERT. However, most of the topics are similar to NCERT.
Question: Which are the main subjects for CBSE 10th board exams 2020?
Maths, Science, Social Science and 2 language subjects are compulsory for CBSE 10th board exams.
Question: Which are the best books to prepare for CBSE 10th exams 2020?
NCERT books are the best to prepare for CBSE class 10 board exams 2020.
Questions related to CBSE Class 10th
best app or website for cbse9th,10th
Thank you for your query. The best website for preparing for CBSE Exams and for study is the MyCBSEguides.com (//MyCBSEguides.com) which you can find in any browser. It provides access to many guides for different subjects and also mock tests which can help in scoring well for the exams. The best app would be of the Meritnation.
All the best
Some news is becoming viral that the CBSE board has cancelled the exams.How far is it true?
CBSE has decided to take the remaining 10th and 12th board exams from July 1 to 15, 2020.
if the state government announce that the public exam for 10th is cancelled will the nios 10th exam will also be cancelled?
The State Education Ministry/Department is responsible for the exams of respective State Board.
NIOS is a separate national level board and such announcements by State Govt. will not mean that NIOS exams also will be cancelled.
For NIOS exam dates/updates, stay tuned to the home page of their official website where all latest news and notifications are posted.
You should consider that NIOS class 10 exams are cancelled if and only if it is also posted in the above link.
Hope this helps.
when is going to the result will publish
The CBSE Board was earlier scheduled to declare the CBSE Class 10 Boards Examination results online, on cbseresults.nic.in., in the first week of May. The declaration of the results was expected to be on May 6, 2020. However due to the ongoing Corona Virus pandemic, the examinations have been postponed and the results are expected to be delayed.
You can stay updated on our website via the following link:
Hope this helps you. We wish you the best for your future endeavours!
I bubbled one letter of my name incorrectly but wrote correctly in boxes? (CBSE class 10)
If you have filled your Roll no correctly then according to your number the scanner will match the database and will consider the wrong bubble that you have marked!
Even the Application has another advantage that it either checks the characters or the bubble .Either of them have to be correct
If both of them are wrong ,then there are chances that the paper may be rejected,Else you are good to go