About IMO 2020
IMO Exam 2020 - Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) conducts the International Mathematics Olympiad (IMO) for the students of classes 1 to 12. Students' knowledge of logical reasoning, Mathematical reasoning, and everyday mathematics is tested through SOF International Mathematics Olympiad. IMO exam is conducted at 2 levels. The application forms of IMO exam 2020 will be issued and submitted at the school level by paying the application fee of Rs.125. SOF IMO 2020-21 Level 1 exam will be held on December 26 and 27, 2020 and January 2, 3, 23 and 24, 2021. IMO 2020 Level 2 will be held in March 2021. The admit card for the IMO Level 2 exam will be released in January 2021.
- IMO Level 1 is conducted for Class 1 to 12 students whereas Level 2 is held for Class 3 to 12 students.
- SOF IMO answer key 2020-21 will be released in the month of January 2021.
- Class 3 to 12 students who will qualify the level 1 will be eligible for IMO Level 2.
- IMO result 2020-21 for level 1 will be declared in the third week of February 2021.
- The level 2 IMO result will be released in March 2021.
- Students should prepare the IMO syllabus 2020-21 for level 2 to qualify the exam with good marks.
- Students are advised to solve the IMO sample papers 2020-21 to know the exam pattern and important topics asked in the exams.
IMO 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||International Mathematical Olympiad|
|Short Exam Name||IMO|
|Conducting Body||Science Olympiad Foundation|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Application Fee (General)||125 Rs [Offline]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
IMO 2020 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
26 Dec, 2020 - 27 Dec, 2020
Exam - Set-A | Mode: Online
02 Jan, 2021 - 03 Jan, 2021
Exam - Set-B | Mode: Online
23 Jan, 2021 - 24 Jan, 2021
Exam - Set-C | Mode: Online
IMO 2020 Eligibility Criteria
There are no specific eligibility criteria for IMO exam 2020-21
- Students studying in Class 1 to 12 are eligible to apply for the SOF IMO 2020 exam.
- Level 1 Exam will be held for Class 1 to 12 students
- Class 3 to 12 Students who qualify the Level 1 exam are further called up for the level 2 exam.
IMO 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application : Offline
Mode of Payment : Other
There is only one mode to apply for the IMO exam 2020 i.e. Offline. Interested students should contact their respective schools. The registration forms are already sent to the school authorities.
- Students need to pay an application fee of Rs.125 per student along with the application form.
- In the case of international students, US$9 is applicable per student. It must be remembered that no student can apply for the IMO 2020 registration independently.
- SOF will not accept any application form directly from students. Students should contact their respective schools for their registration.
|General, OBC, SC, ST||Offline||Male||₹ 125|
- IMO exam 2020-21 level 1 and level 2 is an objective-type test.
- The test duration for level 1 is 60 minutes.
- There will be a total of 35 objective-type questions (MCQs) for class 1 to class 4 and 50 objective-type questions (MCQs) for class 5 to class 12.
- The medium of the SOF IMO exam 2020 is English.
- There are separate SOF IMO 2020 question papers for each class.
IMO exam 2020-21 consists of four sections-
- Logical Reasoning
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Everyday Mathematics
- Achievers Section
Science Olympiad Foundation releases IMO sample papers for students to make them aware of important aspects like marking scheme, type of questions asked, important topics, etc. Solving IMO 2020 sample papers also helps in learning time management skills. The International Maths Olympiad sample papers are created based on the recent exam pattern of the question papers. Students can check their preparation level by solving the IMO 2019 sample papers.
IMO 2020 Admit Card
Students collected SOF IMO admit card for level I exams from their respective school authorities. IMO level 2 exams will be conducted in March 2021. The admit card for the level II exams will be released one week before the exam. Therefore, students can download the same by visiting the official website of SOF.
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit Card
Science Olympiad Foundation will release the IMO 2020 answer key for set A, B and C in the first, second and last week of January 2021. These IMO answer key 2020 contains the correct answers to each question asked in the IMO exam 2020-21. Students can calculate their estimated scores with the help of the IMO answer key.
- Science Olympiad Foundation (SOF) will release the IMO 2020 level 1 result on in the third week of February 2021. Students who pass the level 1 will be called to appear for Level 2, which will be held in March 2021
- The IMO Level 2 result will be declared in March 2021.
- SOF will send the IMO 2020 result and Student Performance Report (SPR) to school authorities.
SOF will release the IMO cutoff 2020 on the official website for level 1 exam. Students who secure the IMO cut off marks will be able to appear for level 2 exam. The cutoff marks are tabulated below:
IMO Cutoff 2019-20
|Class||Total Marks||Logical Reasoning (M1)||Mathematical Reasoning (M2)||Everyday Mathematics (M3)||Achievers Section (M4)|
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: Can individual students apply for IMO 2020 exam?
No, individual students can not apply for IMO exam 2020-21.
Question: How to apply for IMO 2020 exams?
Class 1 to 12 students can apply for IMO 2020 exam through their respective schools by submitting an application form
Question: What is the fee of IMO exam 2020-21?
The fee of IMO is Rs. 125 which is to be paid to the respective school authority.
Question: What are the minimum marks to qualify IMO exam 2020?
Students will have to secure at least IMO 2020 cut off marks to clear level 1 exam.
Question: How many levels are in SOF Maths olympiad?
IMO exam is held at two levels. Level 1 qualifiers are called for level 2 exam and level 2 qualifiers are provided with awards.
Questions related to IMO
registration at haome so solt booking kar sagte hai na and mobile se chalega and link
For slot booking and registration from home is possible through online process to some extent it is possible for registration and booking through mobile and online process
According to CRDA the regional development authority for capital development in Andhra Pradesh has permitted three capitals Andhra Pradesh. For slot booking for this development authority is possible through online registration process.
What is the procedure to get into Massachusetts Institute of technology for doing b tech computer science engineering
Massachusetts Institute of Technology,USA does not offer any B.Tech courses. The undergraduate courses offered by them is called Bachelor of Science. For all the Bachelor of Science courses the procedure for admission is same. You need to ace SAT or TOEFL. Most of the universities accept SAT scores in the USA. Your academic background is also important. You need to be academically brilliant as well as good in extracurricular activities. Your statement of purpose is equally important in which you convey as to why you want to study a particular course.
Hope this helps.
what is the highest mark in imo for level 2 class 4 students for 2019-2020. ??? held in feb 2020
The highest marks in SOF (Science Olympiad Foundation) IMO (International Mathematics Olympiad) exam for class 4 level 2 held in February 2020 was 40 out of 40. The student with 40 out of 40 got the International rank 1 and a cash prize of Rs. 50,000 and a Gold Medal + Certificate of Outstanding Performance.
Hope this helps.
Can I get the 5th Dec 2019 level 1 IMO question paper for class 5. Please share.
I would suggest you to go through with the given below link to download the sample papers.
i m in class 9 and how to give exam ??
International Mathematics Olympiad is based on your NCERT books or the books which are prescribed by your board. Practice makes man perfect. So as much as you learn from these books it is also necessary to practice. Online you can find previous year IMO exam papers. This will help you to gain the insight about the exam and the areas which needs special attention. Along with this you can also use Olympiad trainer apps.
All the best!