NTSE Exam Pattern 2020 for Stage 2 - Check NTSE Paper Pattern Here
NTSE Exam Pattern 2020– Students preparing for NTSE stage 2 exam must be aware of the paper pattern of NTSE 2020 to devise a strategy for preparation. NTSE 2020 exam pattern 2020 contains the details such as marks allocated to each section, exam mode, duration of the exam and more. NTSE paper pattern and syllabus for stage 2 are similar to stage 1. However, the difficulty level of question papers varies as NTSE Stage 2 a bit difficult. National Talent Search Exam is a scholarship test, to be held in pen and paper mode. The question paper will contain 2 sections - MAT and SAT, each of 100 marks. The test duration of each paper is 120 minutes. Candidates are advised to go through the article below thoroughly and make the best use of time and information available to perform well in the scholarship test. NTSE 2020 exam pattern helps students to create a strategy for qualifying NTSE 2020. Similarly, the NTSE Stage 2 Exam Pattern will make the students aware of the final round of the selection process for the scholarships.
Latest: Check, NTSE question papers 2020 to know the difficulty level and important topics. Also, complete the NTSE syllabus 2020 at the earliest and prepare well.
NTSE Exam Pattern 2020 (Stage 2)
- The Stage 2 exam will be held at the National level by NCERT.
- In Stage 2, only the shortlisted or qualified candidates of Stage 1 can appear to compete for the scholarship.
- NTSE exam pattern 2020 for Stage 2 is divided into two parts namely the Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
- There will be 100 questions in both MAT and SAT (Science-40, Maths-20, Social science-40).
- The duration of both the exams is 2 hours or 120 minutes each.
- There is no negative marking.
NTSE Exam Pattern 2020 for Stage 2
|Papers||Maximum Marks||Number of Questions||Time Allotted|
|SAT (Mathematics, Science, Social Sciences)||100||100||120 minutes|
NTSE Marking Scheme 2020 for Stage II
NCERT apply a certain marking scheme to shortlist the eligible candidates.
- For correct answer- 01 marks will be added to the total score
- For wrong answer- No negative marking
- For unattempted question- No mark will be deducted for unattempted question.
Students have to mark a maximum number of correct answers to get good marks in the NTSE examination. Only ones who obtain the minimum cut off marks will be able to receive the scholarship amount.
It needs to be noted that only the students who qualify in both the papers separately will be considered for merit. Selection of the awardees will be made on the basis of total marks scored in MAT and SAT sections
NTSE Syllabus 2020 for Stage II Exam
NCERT doesn't specify NTSE syllabus for both the stages. However, it is suggested to follow Class 9th & 10th syllabus of the state board or CBSE to prepare for NTSE. The syllabus consists of important topics from which questions will be asked in the examinations.
NTSE Stage-II Syllabus
|NTSE MAT Syllabus|
Blood Relations, Distance and Direction, Coding-Decoding, Ranking and Arrangements, Venn Diagrams, Word Problems, etc
|NTSE Science Syllabus|
Reproduction, Carbon & Compounds, Motion, Measurements, Force, Source of Energy, Work & Energy, Meta & Non-Metals, Acid, Base & Salt
|NTSE Social Science Syllabus|
French Revolutions, World War I and II, Indian Freedom Struggle, Natural Vegetation, Indus Valley Civilization, Climate, Solar System, Maps & Globe, Judiciary, Indian Constitution, Indian Government,
|NTSE Mathematics Syllabus|
Number Systems, Quadratic Equations, Arithmetic Progressions, Square Roots, Percentage, surface Areas, Simple & Compound Interest, Triangle, Linear Equations, etc.
How to Prepare for NTSE 2020 for Stage II Exam?
To qualify the exam with good marks, one must be aware of how to prepare for the NTSE exam. Below, we have provided some easy tips and tricks-
- Know the Pattern & Syllabus- It is imperative for a student to know which sections to prepare for NTSE exam, how much time you have to solve the papers and on which section requires more focus. Students can have answers to all asked questions if they have the complete details of exam pattern and syllabus.
- Follow the right books- NCERT recommends to follow the CBSE class 9th & 10th books to prepare for NTSE 2020. However, to get a hold on concepts of MAT, it is better to follow the right NTSE preparation books.
- Regular Revision- Students should revise the prepared topics on a regular interval to retain the information.
- Solve Previous Year's Papers- Students must download and practice NTSE Question Paper to know the important topics and marking scheme. Solving the previous year papers also helps students to learn time management.
NTSE Stage-II Exam 2020 Preparation Books
Students should follow the below books to get good marks in NTSE.
- Mental Ability for NTSE by Disha Experts
- Study Package for NTSE Class X by McGraw Hill Education
NTSE Exam Pattern 2020 (Stage 1)
NTSE 2020 examination is conducted in two stages. Stage 1 is conducted at the State/UT level by the concerned State/UT authorities. The question paper consists of two papers: MAT and SAT. The NTSE exam pattern 2020 states that the Stage 1 examination can be attempted in either Hindi or English language. Every correct answer will fetch 1 mark while there is no negative marking for wrong attempts. Check the NTSE 2020 exam pattern of both stages below
Part 1 – Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- MAT consists of questions based on analytical and logical reasoning.
- Mental Ability Test evaluates the candidate’s reasoning, ability to think, ability to evaluate, ability to discriminate and visualize.
- This section consists of a total of 100 questions.
- The main topics of the Mental Ability Test are series, pattern perception, analogies, coding-decoding, classifications, hidden figures and problem-solving etc.
- The test duration is 120 minutes.
Part 2 – Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- SAT section consists of a total of 100 questions from Science (40), Social Science (40) and Mathematics (20).
- The section tests the candidate’s reading abilities, interpretation, evaluation and general awareness of the subjects.
- The time allotted for the SAT section is 120 minutes.
- The level of questions will be equivalent to class 10th or equivalent exam.
NTSE Stage 1 Exam Pattern 2020
Number of questions
SAT – Maths, Science and Social Science
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - NTSE Exam Pattern 2020 for Stage 2 - Check NTSE Paper Pattern Here
Question: What is the relaxation in time provided to Physically handicapped students?
PH candidates are provided with an extra 30 minutes to attempt NTSE exam.
Question: Is there any difference between NTSE exam pattern of stage 1 and 2?
No, there is no difference in stage 1 and stage 2 exam pattern. But, the difficulty level of questions is increased at stage 2 exam.
Question: How does NTSE exam pattern helps in preparation?
knowing exam pattern, makes students enable to decide the priority and weigtage of each section/topic, which helps students to prepare accordingly.
NTSE Uttarakhand 2020 - SCERT Uttarakhand will contact the UK ...
NTSE Uttarakhand Result 2020- SCERT has declared the Uttarakha...
NTSE Jharkhand Question Papers 2020-21 - Students can download...
NTSE Jharkhand Cutoff 2020 - JAC will publish Jharkhand NTSE C...
NTSE Jharkhand Result 2020 - JAC has released the NTSE Jharkha...
Questions related to NTSE
Ntse class 6 question paper 2019
Sorry, but the NTSE examination is mostly conducted for the students Studying in class 10th. The conducting body for the exam.is NCERT. Earlier it used to be only for class 10th students aiming to provide them scholarship for future studies in the field of science, but now it is also conducted at class 8th and 9th level. But still, there's no provision till now for class 6th students to give NTSE exam.
If you want to ask about some other exam, go for it.
Hope you understand.
I want 2020 May 26 NTSE online exam question paper and key
It is quite difficult for us to provide you latest question papers for NTSE exam but still I am giving you the link below through which you can download previous year question papers of NTSE exam .
Best of luck.
how to become topper in NTSE as i am in class 10 also give me timetable to crack both board and NTSE exam
There is no such time table or schedule which can make you a topper. You just need to remember a few points during your preparation. For NTSE the first thing that you need to work on is your mathematics skills. A student good in maths has an edge over the others in solving the MAT section.Language-The language paper will not be too tough but see to it that you don't take too much time in it.Science paper will be strictly based on your state/central board's prescribed syllabus books.Books like Tata McGraw Hill are very useful for NTSE prep( especially for SST and MAT).There is also Arihant's preparation book for NTSE. Give online tests as many as you can.They really help you to manage your time well.Have a proper idea of time. Make sure you don't waste too much time on one question/section. Otherwise you may not get the time to complete the paper.Try to complete the paper atleast 15mins early so that you have time to revise the paper. You follow the same tips for board exam as well like focusing on the important points and revising concepts. Solve past years exam papers. If you are consistent in your work, you can definitely top these exams. Don't lose hope. All the best.
Hope this helps!
Hi, my name is Ayush Kumar Singh. I am from supaul,Bihar. My question is..... I am now in class 10th in 2020 and in next year i will move to class 11th. Do then also i can enroll in NTSE exam. in class 11th.
Hi Ayush Kumar Singh,
According to the latest eligibility criteria of National Talent Search Examination (NTSE), students who are currently enrolled in class 10 from any recognized school/board are eligible to apply for NTSE exam.
So, after coming in Class 11 you can't enroll for NTSE exam.
Refer here for more info - https://school.careers360.com/exams/ntse
Feel free to ask doubts in the Comment Section.
I hope this information helps you.
Is there is resevation for obc category in ntse jharkhand stage1 ??
Sorry to say you but there is no such kinds of reservations for OBC category in NTSE Jharkhand stage 1. But there is reservation for other categories. Hope this will help you .
click here to know more