NTSE Exam Pattern 2021-22 for Stage 1 & 2 - Check NTSE Paper Pattern Here
NTSE Exam Pattern 2021-22 (Stage 1 and 2)– Students preparing for the upcoming NTSE exam must be aware of the paper pattern of NTSE 2021-22 to devise a preparation strategy. NTSE 2021 exam pattern contains the details such as marks allocated to each section, exam mode, duration of the exam and more. National Talent Search Exam is a scholarship test that is held in pen and paper mode. The question paper will contain 2 sections - MAT and SAT, each of 100 marks.
Check, NTSE previous question papers to know the difficulty level and important topics.
Stay up-to date with NTSE News
NTSE paper pattern 2021-22 and syllabus are the same for stage 1 and 2. However, the difficulty level of question papers increases for stage 2. The test duration of each paper is 120 minutes. NTSE 2021 exam pattern helps students to create a strategy for qualifying NTSE 2021.
NTSE Exam Pattern 2021-22 (Stage 1)
NTSE 2021-22 examination is conducted in two stages. Stage 1 is conducted at the state/UT level by the concerned state/UT authorities. The question paper consists of two papers: MAT and SAT.
The NTSE exam pattern 2021-22 states that stage 1 examination can be attempted in either Hindi or English language. Every correct answer will fetch 1 mark while there is no negative marking for wrong attempts. Check the NTSE 2021 exam pattern of both stages below:
Part 1 – Mental Ability Test (MAT)
- MAT consists of questions based on analytical and logical reasoning.
- Mental Ability Test evaluates the candidate’s reasoning, ability to think, ability to evaluate, ability to discriminate and visualize.
- This section consists of a total of 100 questions.
- The main topics of the Mental Ability Test are series, pattern perception, analogies, coding-decoding, classifications, hidden figures and problem-solving etc.
- The test duration is 120 minutes.
Part 2 – Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
- SAT section consists of a total of 100 questions from Science (40), Social Science (40) and Mathematics (20).
- The section tests the candidate’s reading abilities, interpretation, evaluation and general awareness of the subjects.
- The time allotted for the SAT section is 120 minutes.
- The level of questions will be equivalent to class 10th or equivalent exam.
Check Class 10 NCERT Solutions for exam preparation
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths
- NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science
- Scholarships in India
- Top Schools in India
NTSE Stage 1 Exam Pattern 2021-22
Number of questions
SAT – Maths, Science and Social Science
NTSE Marking Scheme 2021-22 for Stage I
NCERT folllow a certain marking scheme to shortlist the eligible candidates.
- For correct answer- 01 marks will be added to the total score
- For wrong answer- No negative marking
- For unattempted question- No mark will be deducted for unattempted question.
Students have to mark a maximum number of correct answers to get good marks in the NTSE examination. Only ones who obtain the minimum cut off marks will be able to receive the scholarship amount.
It needs to be noted that only the students who qualify in both the papers separately will be considered for merit. Selection of the awardees will be made on the basis of total marks scored in MAT and SAT sections
NTSE Syllabus 2021-22 for Stage I Exam
NCERT doesn't specify NTSE syllabus for both stages. However, it is suggested to follow the Class 9th & 10th syllabus of the state board or CBSE to prepare for NTSE. The syllabus consists of important topics from which questions will be asked in the examinations.
NTSE Stage-I Syllabus
|NTSE MAT Syllabus|
Blood Relations, Distance and Direction, Coding-Decoding, Ranking and Arrangements, Venn Diagrams, Word Problems, etc
|NTSE Science Syllabus|
Reproduction, Carbon & Compounds, Motion, Measurements, Force, Source of Energy, Work & Energy, Meta & Non-Metals, Acid, Base & Salt
|NTSE Social Science Syllabus|
French Revolutions, World War I and II, Indian Freedom Struggle, Natural Vegetation, Indus Valley Civilization, Climate, Solar System, Maps & Globe, Judiciary, Indian Constitution, Indian Government,
|NTSE Mathematics Syllabus|
Number Systems, Quadratic Equations, Arithmetic Progressions, Square Roots, Percentage, surface Areas, Simple & Compound Interest, Triangle, Linear Equations, etc.
NTSE Exam Pattern 2021-22 Stage 2
- The Stage 2 exam will be held at the National level by NCERT.
- In Stage 2, only the shortlisted or qualified candidates of Stage 1 can appear to compete for the scholarship.
- NTSE exam pattern 2021-22 for Stage 2 is divided into two parts namely the Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
- There will be 100 questions in both MAT and SAT (Science-40, Maths-20, Social science-40).
- The duration of both the exams is 2 hours or 120 minutes each.
- There is no negative marking.
NTSE Exam Pattern 2021-22 for Stage 2
|Papers||Maximum Marks||Number of Questions||Time Allotted|
|SAT (Mathematics, Science, Social Sciences)||100||100||120 minutes|
How to Prepare for NTSE 2021 Exam?
To qualify for the exam with good marks, one must be aware of how to prepare for the NTSE exam. Below, we have provided some easy tips and tricks-
- Know the Pattern & Syllabus- It is imperative for a student to know which sections to prepare for the NTSE exam, how much time you have to solve the papers and on which section requires more focus. Students can have answers to all asked questions if they have the complete details of exam pattern and syllabus.
- Follow the right books- NCERT recommends following the CBSE class 9th & 10th books to prepare for NTSE 2021-22. However, to get a hold on concepts of MAT, it is better to follow the right NTSE books.
- Regular Revision- Students should revise the prepared topics on a regular interval to retain the information.
- Solve Previous Year's Papers- Students must download and practice NTSE Question Paper to know the important topics and marking scheme. Solving the previous year papers also helps students to learn time management, so that they can get better marks in the NTSE stage 1 result.
NTSE 2021-22 Preparation Books
Students should follow the below books to get good marks in NTSE.
- Mental Ability for NTSE by Disha Experts
- Study Package for NTSE Class X by McGraw Hill Education
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - NTSE Exam Pattern 2021-22 for Stage 1 & 2 - Check NTSE Paper Pattern Here
Question: What is the relaxation in time provided to Physically handicapped students?
PH candidates are provided with an extra 30 minutes to attempt NTSE exam.
Question: Is there any difference between NTSE exam pattern of stage 1 and 2?
No, there is no difference in stage 1 and stage 2 exam pattern. But, the difficulty level of questions is increased at stage 2 exam.
Question: How does NTSE exam pattern helps in preparation?
knowing exam pattern, makes students enable to decide the priority and weigtage of each section/topic, which helps students to prepare accordingly.
NTSE Tripura Cutoff 2022 - SCERT will announce the Tripura NTS...
NTSE Himachal Pradesh Cutoff 2022 - SCERT Himachal Pradesh has...
NTSE stage 2 result 2021 - NCERT will declare NTSE final resul...
NTSE releases the NTSE admit card for Stage 1 and 2. Check all...
NTSE Uttarakhand 2021-22 - SCERT, Uttarakhand will release the...
Questions related to NTSE
online form kese bhare hamara form nahi samit ho raha he
Hope you are doing well
Follow these steps to fill the form
.Steps to fill NTSE Application Form 2021-22
Stage 1 NTSE form 2021 is accepted at the state level by the respective exam conducting authority in online or offline mode. Some are accepting NTSE 2021 registration form directly through students while some release their application form through schools. So, students can collect their NTSE application form 2021 from respective schools. Here, we have given quick steps to fill NTSE registration form 2021
Go through the given table and click on the respective link of NTSE form 2021 as per state.
Download the NTSE 2021 application form or get it from respective schools or liaison officers.
Fill in the academic details, personal details, address and other details in the NTSE registration form 2021.
Attach all the required documents carefully with the NTSE form and get them attested from the school authorities.
At last, pay the application fee and submit stage 1 application form to the respective school
For detailed information regarding NTSE application form click on the link below
what are the benefits of ntse in detail
NTSE opens a bunch of opportunities, here is the list:
- Scholarship - This is the biggest advantage which NTSE provides. the central government awards scholarship to the student who clears NTSE exam. Students seeking admission in Science and Social Science stream is granted scholarship till Doctorate level while students in professional courses get the scholarship till postgraduate level.
- Builds Confidence -NTSE is a competitive examination and only 1000 qualified students are granted scholarship. The examination allows a student to know where he or she stands, pinpoints the areas of strengths and weaknesses and improves the student’s ability to understand the underlying concepts.
- Get preference to study abroad -The universities and education institutes abroad are familiar with NTSE scholarship exam and give preference to students who have qualified it.
- Get admission in top educational institution -In India, there are some colleges that have reserved seats exclusively for students who have qualified NTSE.
- You get a competitive age while applying for job- Qualifying the scholarship exam is an added advantage when you apply for jobs. An NTSE scholar is given more preference in government jobs and is also helpful when appearing for interviews in different prestigious jobs. It is also widely accepted for private jobs.
- Discounts -Another benefit is that students enjoy discounts on books and course materials at high school level. Therefore, they can afford to buy good and expensive books for better study.
Above all this exam prepares you for the tough competition ahead and builds a character. It is a self-assessment and scholarship examination that tests your ability in the best possible manner.
hope this helps, all the best for future!
When NTSE exam will be held for class 10 in session 2021-22?
NTSE Important Dates :
The dates mentioned below are tentative dates.
NTSE 2021 Dates
Start Date of NTSE 2021 Registration begins
NTSE Application Last Date
NTSE Stage 1 Admit Card Release Date
||Around 7-10 days before the exam|
NTSE Stage 1 for Nagaland, Mizoram, Meghalaya and Andaman & Nicobar islands
Stage 1 exam date 2022 (for other states and UTs)
Stage- 1 Result
Jan - April 2022
Stage- II Admit Card
Few weeks before the exam
NTSE Stage 2 Exam Date
NTSE Final Results
For more details about NTSE Examination, click on the link given below :
what is the last of form submission of ntse stage 1 UP
Exam Regulatory Authority, Uttar Pradesh has released NTSE UP 2020 stage 1 answer key on December 16, 2020. NTSE Uttar Pradesh 2020 stage 1 exam was conducted on December 13, 2020. Now, NTSE UP result 2021 will be announced online in the month of March 2021. Students can check the merit list to know if they are selected for the NTSE stage II exam or not. NCERT will conduct the stage 2 exam and finally, selected candidates will avail the NTSE UP 2020-21 scholarship. NTSE UP application form 2020-21 was made available online on www.examregulatoryauthorityup.in. Class 10 students studying in UP are eligible for NTSE Uttar Pradesh 2020-21 exam through respective schools. After NTSE Form 2020 , the authority released NTSE UP admit card 2020-21 through respective school or exam centre. Read further, for more details about stage 1 NTSE Uttar Pradesh 2020-21, dates, application form, result, cutoff, etc.
For more details kindly refer https://school.careers360.com/articles/ntse-uttar-pradesh
Hope it Helps
what is the last date of form submission of ntse stage 1Up
Hope you are doing Well
The Last date for NTSE Application second week of November 2021 (Tentative).
Students will have to fulfil the following NTSE eligibility criteria to apply for stage 1 exam of NTSE
- A student must be passed class 9 exams and scored 55% marks in aggregate and SC/ST can apply with 44% marks in 9th.
- A student must be studying in class 10 during the academic year 2020-21 in a school located in Uttar Pradesh.
- Open or distance learning students can also apply for the exam.
- Student’s age should be less than 18 years, and should not be employed.
For more details you can click the link below
Hope this hepls