About ICSE 10th 2020
ICSE 10th exams are organized by the Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE). ICSE stands for Indian Certificate of Secondary Education which is equivalent to class 10. The application process for ICSE 10th exams is held through respective schools. Here are the major highlights of ICSE 10th exams 2020:
Latest: ICSE Class 10 result 2020 Declared! Check scores now.
- The board had earlier released ICSE 10th 2020 time table for March 2020 exams on December 5, 2019.
- ICSE 10th exams 2020 were commenced on February 27, 2020.
- The exams of ICSE 10th are held in two slots at 9 am and 11 am.
- Students should strictly follow ICSE syllabus 2020 to prepare for ICSE 10th exams 2020.
- Each student will have to secure at least 33% marks in each subject and aggregate to pass ICSE 10th 2020 exams.
- The result for ICSE 10th exams will be released by July 15, 2020.
- Students who clear the ICSE 10th exams can choose Science, Commerce or Arts stream to pursue in class 11th and 12th.
ICSE 10th 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Indian Certificate of Secondary Education 10th Examination|
|Short Exam Name||ICSE 10th|
|Conducting Body||Council For The Indian School Certificate Examinations|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Languages||Assamese, Bengali +10 More|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
ICSE 10th 2020 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
10 Jul, 2020
Result | Mode: Online
18 Mar, 2020
Exam - Second Languages, Modern Foreign Languages | Mode: Offline
16 Mar, 2020
Exam - Chemistry - Science paper 2 | Mode: Offline
14 Mar, 2020
Exam - Art paper 3 (Original Composition) | Mode: Offline
13 Mar, 2020
Exam - Physics - Science paper 1 | Mode: Offline
11 Mar, 2020
Exam - History & Civics - H.C.G. paper 1 | Mode: Offline
07 Mar, 2020
Exam - Art paper 2 (Nature Drawing/ Painting), French / Sanskrit (Group II Elective) | Mode: Offline
06 Mar, 2020
Exam - Literature in English – English paper 2 | Mode: Offline
04 Mar, 2020
Exam - Commercial Studies (Group II Elective) | Mode: Offline
03 Mar, 2020
Exam - Mathematics | Mode: Offline
29 Feb, 2020
Exam - Art paper 1 (Still Life) | Mode: Offline
28 Feb, 2020
Exam - Environmental Science (Group II Elective) | Mode: Offline
27 Feb, 2020
Exam - English Language – English paper 1 | Mode: Offline
ICSE 10th 2020 Eligibility Criteria
To appear for ICSE 10th exams 2020, students have to satisfy the following eligibility criteria:
- A student has passed class IX and enrolled in class X of an ICSE affiliated school.
- He/she must have at least 75% attendance during their course of study in class 10.
- He/she must fill the examination form and submit it along with requisite fee before the due date.
ICSE 10th 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application : Offline
Mode of Payment : Other
ICSE 10th 2020 Syllabus
Caring for our basic resources
|Causes and consequences of soil erosion|
|Soil conservation strategies|
|Fuel wood crisis|
|Waste generation of its toxicity and its impact on life and land|
|Treatment of wastes|
|Effluent treatment plants|
|Strategies to reuse waste|
|Alternatives to timber|
|Technical methods to control air pollution|
|Strategies to reduce air pollution|
|Legislation as a means to reduce air pollution|
|Remote sensing satellites and their applications|
|International norms on air pollution|
|Techniques of watershed management|
|Rain water harvesting|
|Small dams vs large dams|
|Alternatives to existing sewage treatment like dry compost toilets|
|Impact of globalisation on environment|
|Role of ngos in sustaining environment|
|Evolving a sustainable growth paradigm|
|North and south divide|
Appropriate eco-friendly technologies
|Scope and limitation of indigenous technology and modern technology|
|Need for developing intermediate and appropriate technology|
|Developing least cost options|
|Natural resource accounting|
Initiatives I can take
|In my local environment|
|In my future career choice|
|In supporting initiative in my state or country|
Modern foreign languages
Socially useful productive work and community service
|Appreciation of the fundamental duties and rights as provided in the constitution|
|Citizen’s role in nation building|
|Role of taxes of direct and indirect|
|Concerns related to lack of participation in the national processes such as elections|
|Awareness of consumer rights in order to avoid exploitation|
The role of media
|Press and film and television|
|Media as a vehicle of social change|
|Impact of media on young people|
|Biases and censorship|
|Feasibility of restrictions|
|Sensationalization of news and exploitative practices|
|Press council of its structure and role|
Cultural diversity of India
|Study of some major tribes of india and a broad understanding of their social beliefs and practices|
|The need for sustaining cultural diversity|
India and the world
|India's positioning with respect to other countries|
|Partnerships between the countries of asia and the pacific and their influences on india and its people|
|Understanding of globalization as a worldwide aspiration linking humane values|
|Modernism and internationalism|
|Global broadcasting and journalism and role of news agencies|
|Effects of the global reach of broadcasting|
|Risk to cultural values due to bombardment by foreign of based media|
|Nuclear disarmament of ctbt|
|Malthus and darwanism|
|Advantages and disadvantages to the consumer of a competitive market|
|Dehumanization due to technological advances|
|Advertising and its impact|
|Impact of society moving towards quick fix solutions leading to corrupt practices|
|Underemployment and unemployment|
|The ethical and moral impact of the internet|
Health and hygiene
|Personal health and personal cleanliness|
|Principles of diet with reference to teeth|
|Slimming and obesity|
|Correct posture exercise|
|Recreation and foot care|
|Dangers of misuse of drugs and including alcohol and smoking|
|Defects and injury causes of disease, bacteria, viruses, fungi, protozoa|
|Vaccination and antibiotics|
|Disinfectants and antiseptics|
|Spread of bronchitis|
|Athlete's foot through contact|
|Flies and other insects|
|Rheumatism and heart disease|
|Community health and dangers from gas|
|Poisoning and accident|
|Treatment of cuts and abrasions|
|Application of splints|
|Treatment of sprains|
|Cramps and cases of drowning|
The nervous system
|The brain, the voluntary and involuntary nerves|
|The five jnana indriyas eyes, ears, nose, tongue and the skin|
|Their role in sensory perception|
|The five karma indriyas arms, legs, tongue and larynx, organs of excretion and organs of reproduction|
|Their role in performing actions|
|Yoga and the health of the nervous system|
The excretory system
|The organs of excretion|
|The importance of the proper elimination of body wastes for maintaining health|
|The circulatory system|
The circulatory system
|The heart and blood vessels|
|Blood and its composition|
|The lymphatic system|
|How yoga improves circulation|
|Pancreas and testes|
|Their importance in growth and human health|
|How yoga helps to regulate functioning of endocrinal glands|
The important endocrine glands
Translation and/or dialogue writing
Technical drawing applications
|Geometrical constructions based on plane geometry|
|Templates as an application|
|Sections of right solids|
|Sectional orthographic views|
ICSE 10th 2020 Preparation Tips
To prepare for the ICSE class 10 exams 2020, students should devote time to each subject, depending on the difficulty level. Below are given a few points, following all these will ease your preparation.
- Mathematics: Your concept should be clear as this is important in the preparation. Go through your textbooks thoroughly and refer to R.S. Aggarwal books to prepare for the subject.
Science: Your more focus should be shifted to Physics and Chemistry as you have to solve majorly numerical from these two subjects. As Biology is theory based, you need to be thorough with all the theoretical part.
Social Science: Try to keep all the concepts clear. Understanding and learning is better than simply memorizing.
Hindi: Solve question papers from the past years to prepare well for this subject.
English: Focus more on grammar and writing sections as these will help you grab more marks.
- The exam pattern of ICSE 10th 2020 exams comprises details concerning the entire structure of the exam.
- In ICSE 10th Board, the subjects for the exam are divided into three groups-group I, II and III.
- Group I includes compulsory subjects while in group II candidates can opt for two/three subjects. In group III, candidates can choose any one of all the subjects.
- The time duration for each exam is different, depending on the subject.
Subject-wise ICSE 10th Exam Pattern
|Group I - 4 Compulsory Subjects|
|English Language||80 marks for each paper||2 Hours|
|History, Civics||80 Marks||2 Hours|
|Geography||80 Marks||2 Hours|
|Second language||80 Marks (40 Marks for section A and 40 marks for section B)||2 Hours|
|Group II- includes 2 Optional subjects|
|Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)||80 marks for each paper||2 hours for each paper|
|Environmental Science||80 marks||2 hours|
|Mathematics||80 marks||2.5 hours|
|Commercial Studies||80 marks||2 hours|
|Economics||80 marks||2 hours|
|Classical Language||80 marks||2 hours|
|Modern Foreign Language||80 marks||3 hours|
|Group III- includes 1 optional subject|
|Commercial Applications||100 marks||2 hours|
|Economic Applications||100 marks||2 hours|
|Computer Applications||100 marks||2 hours|
|Environmental Applications||100 marks||2 hours|
|Home Science||100 marks||2 hours|
|Art||100 marks for each paper||3 hours|
|Performing Arts||100 marks||2 hours|
|Fashion Designing||100 marks||2 hours|
|Cookery||100 marks||2 hours|
|Modern Foreign Language||100 marks||2 hours|
|Technical Drawing Applications||100 marks||3 hours|
|Physical Education||100 marks||2 hours|
|Yoga||100 marks||2 hours|
ICSE 10th 2020 Admit Card
- Candidates can obtain the 10th admit card 15 days prior to the commencement of exam from their respective schools.
- The admit card includes details, such as name, roll no., centre name, and exam schedule among others.
- Candidates must carry the admit card to the examination centre, failing which, they won’t be allowed to sit for the ICSE 10th 2020 exam.
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit Card
The Council of Indian Certificate School Examinations (CISCE) has declared the ICSE 10th result on July 10, 2020. ICSE 10th exam result has been announced in online mode through the official website. Students can check the ICSE 10th 2020 result by entering their course code, UID and captcha code in the result window. Last year, ICSE result was announced on May 7, 2019.
How to check ICSE 10th Result 2020?
- Browse the official website: results.cisce.org.
- Choose ICSE from the select list of course.
- Enter UID and Index number of ICSE 10th exams 2020.
- Then fill the captcha code as shown on the screen and submit it.
- ICSE result 2020 will open on the screen.
The result of ICSE 10th exams 2020 can also be checked using the SMS facility provided by the board. To do so, students have to type ICSE<Space><Unique Id> and send it to 09248082883.
Qualifying Marks Trend
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: What is the meaning of ICSE?
ICSE refers to Indian Certificate of Secondary Education which is equivalent to class 10.
Question: What are the passing marks of ICSE 10th exams?
The minimum marks to pass ICSE 10th exams are 33% in each subject and 33% in aggregate.
Question: How can I apply for ICSE 10th exams?
You can apply for ICSE 10th exams by getting admission in class 10 in a CISCE affiliated school.
Question: When will ICSE 10th time table be released?
10th ICSE time table 2020 was released on December 5, 2019.
Questions related to ICSE 10th
How can I score 100 marks in computer? Actually I am a ready to bear the burnt of examination but then also model exam results of mine are getting low. If you know any way pls immediately assist me yeah.
Scoring merely 100 marks is not a victory. If you have proper knowledge (Practical+Theoretical knowledge) of the subject then you can easily achieve as many marks as you want, not only in computer subject but in other subjects also. Earlier getting lower marks does not mean that you will always get lower marks. It is totally based upon your determination and hard work.
Computer is very practical subject which cannot be learnt theoretically so you have to focus on practical knowledge of that subject. For example, if you have to understand HTML coding then it is not possible to learn all the codes simultaneously, so what you can do is you have to learn the basics of HTML like how to start the coding, different points to be used, etc. then start doing that coding in your computer which makes you more comfortable with understanding the practical knowledge of HTML. Now, you can use that coding for different purposes which makes you much aware of that field. Similarly you can try this process with other topics also because if you are studying computer subject without making contact with a computer then it is not fruitful for you.
So if you face difficulty in theoretical learning then you can go for practical learning. Please keep in mind that bearing the pain is not an ultimate solution to any problem so there is no need to take tension in exams.
A relaxed mind can catch things easily and accurately as compared to the fatigue mind. So be cool, calm, relaxed and confident whatever you do.
Good Luck !!
Where did you get ICSE Class 10 Date Sheet? It is not available on ICSE official website. Why are you misleading the lakhs of students and parents for a few visits to your website?
Ashutosh, the ICSE and ISC time table for Board examination 2020 has been released on 11 December on their official website. You can visit their website https://www.cisce.org/ , go to the notice board and can download the date sheet from the link provided. Exams for class 10th start from 27th February 2020 with English Language and end on 30th March 2020 with Biology.
how to score 99% in tenth ICSE?
First of all Its nice to hear that you are focusing on getting highest marks in your board exams. The base foundation of getting excellent marks in exams is the thought of achieving it. If you think of it then you could achieve it. As you have prepared the base the next thing to do is planning and making a strategy.
1. Start your routine by waking up early and doing meditation. This practice is for keeping you brain healthy and active while doing the hard work ahead.
2. Take syllabus and start making a study plan for every subject that have mix of chapters. For Ex- If you want to study Maths then take 3-4 chapters at once in which one will be easy, second be a little hard and remaining should be harder. This is because the first chapter will give you momentum, the second on will prepare you brain to function and remaining chapters will get carry on through this momentum. Do this for every subjects.
3. You don't have to do any harsh practice. Just do it smartly without counting of any hours you are studying. The more the merrier. You have to do it as better as you can. Just remember every topic and point is important. You don't have the luxury of slacking in between any chapters.
4. Studying is not a thing that can be done without interests. You have to love studying and desiring of learning more to create a bigger vessel inside yourself. This bigger vessel will help you to collect more and more with time.
5. Don't compromise on anything. Either it is study or health, you have to take care of both to keep you active mentally and physically.
6. If you want any shortcut or tricks then don't depend on other materials. Make it yourself. If you are able to do that then you will remember it for a longer period. You will also start enjoying it which the best part of studying with interest.
7. Lastly, Make a goal. Work for your goal and give it all to achieve that goal. Goals are one of the reasons that make a person successful in his/her path.
Wish you good luck for future.
ICSE 10th telugu sample paper 2018
I am extremely sorry to tell you dear but we don't have ICSE 10th telegu sample papers for the year 2018 as required by you but yes we do have sample papers of ICSE 10th telegu for the year 2019 which is even better , you can get it and download it by going through our page , the link for the same page is given below :-
which is the roll number in icse 10th board index number or unique id ? it is required while filling jee main form
The roll number od ICSE 10fh Board exam is your Unique ID, the ID with which you have checked your class 10 board results. Yes, it is required while feeling the form of any competitive examination. So, it is required while filling the JEE forma too.