JNVST Class 9 Exam Pattern 2023 - Check Navodaya Class 9 Syllabus Here
JNVST Class 9 Exam Pattern 2023 - Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti releases the Class 9 exam pattern. Students appearing in the exam must check the complete JNVST Class 9 Exam Pattern 2023. The JNVST Class 9 exam 2023 will be held for a total of 100 marks. As per the NVS Class 9 exam pattern, the exam will be of 2.5 hours. There will be no negative marking in the JNVST Class 9 admission test.
Latest Updates for
- 13 Jan 2023:
JNVST Class 9 admit card 2023 released. Download here.
- 02 Jan 2023:
Navodaya Class 6 Admission 2023 started; Check last date here.
- 12 Sep 2022:
NVS Class 9 Admission Form Released: Check dates here
JNVST Class 9 Exam Pattern 2023, there will be no negative marking. The medium of JNVST class 9 question paper will be English & Hindi. The questions from Mathematics, General Science, Hindi & English will be asked in the test of JNVST Class 9 Admission 2023. As per Navodaya Class 9 syllabus 2023, the difficulty level of questions will be based on the class 8 level. Read the article to get JNVST class 9 exam pattern 2022-23 and syllabus details.
JNVST Class 9 Exam Pattern 2023
- The selection test for NVS Class 9 admission will be conducted on February 11, 2023, in Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya of the concerned district.
- The test duration will be 2 hours 30 minutes and starts at 10 am and end by 12:30 pm.
- Students belonging to Divyang category with special needs can avail themselves an extra 30 minutes for solving the papers.
- There will be a total of 100 questions of maximum 100 marks in the examination.
- JNV Selection Test for Class 9th is a pen and paper mode exam.
- All the answers to the JNVST Class 9 admission test will be marked on the OMR sheet by using a black/ blue ballpoint pen.
- The medium of the examination is English/Hindi.
- The test consists of subjects- Mathematics, General Science, English and Hindi. The difficulty level of the test paper is similar to class VIII.
- The questions asked in the exam are objective types.
JNVST Class 9 Exam Pattern 2023
Students should attempt all questions to get good marks. Refer the below table for marks distribution
Navodaya Class 9 Exam - Subject-wise Marks
NVS Class 9 Syllabus 2023
Along with the Navodaya Class 9 exam pattern 2022, students should also be aware of what to prepare for the entrance exam. The subjects from which questions will be asked are English, Hindi, Science and Maths. Read the article to know subject-wise important topics that are covered under Navodaya syllabus 2022 class 9-
NVS Class 9 Syllabus 2023 for English topics
1. Comprehension (Unseen Passage)
2. Word and Sentence
3. Structure Spelling
4. Rearranging jumbled words
6. Use of degrees of comparison
7. Modal auxiliaries
8. Use of prepositions
9. Tense forms
10. Reported speech
Navodaya Class 9 Syllabus 2023 for General Science
1 Food – Crop Production and Management; Micro-organism; Food Preservation
2. Materials I – Synthetic fibres; Plastics; Metals and Non – metals
3. Material II – Coal and Petroleum; Refining of Petroleum; Fossil Fuels; Combustion
4. Living / Non living; Cell structure and Function; Conservation of Plants and
Animals – Wildlife Sanctuary and National Parks
5. Reproduction – Asexual and Sexual Reproduction, Reaching the age of
6. Force – Frictional Force; Gravitational Force; Thrust and Pressure
7. Light – Reflection of Light; Multiple Reflection; Human eye; Care of the Eyes;
Sound; Human ears; Loudness and Pitch, Audible and inaudible Sounds
8. Chemical Effects of Electric Current; Electroplating
9. Natural Phenomena – Lightning; Earthquakes, Pollution of Air and Water
10. Solar system; Stars and Constellations
JNV Class 9 Syllabus 2023 for Maths
1. Rational Numbers
2. Squares and Square Roots
3. Cubes and Cube Roots
4. Exponents and Powers
5. Direct and Inverse Proportions
6. Comparing Quantities (Percentage, Profit and Loss, Discount, Simple and
7. Algebraic Expressions and Identities including
8. Linear Equations in One Variable
9. Understanding Quadrilaterals (Parallelogram,
rhombus, rectangle, square, kite)
a) Area of plane figures
b) Surface area and volume of cube, cuboids and cylinder
11.Data Handling (Bar graph, pie chart, organizing data, probability)
Navodaya Class 9 Syllabus 2023 for Hindi
JNVST 2023 Exam- Important Points
Students have to qualify each section separately to get selected for final admission.
- Each student should bring the NVS Class 9 Admit Card 2023 while appearing in the entrance exam.
- Do not make any stray marks on the OMR answer sheet.
- Use only Black or Blue Ball Point pen. Use of pencil is prohibited.
- No separate sheet along with the answer sheet will be provided.
- The use of a whitener or eraser is NOT allowed to use on the OMR sheet.
- NVS doesn’t release the official answer keys. However, a few institutes release JNVST class 9 Answer key 2023 to help students for checking the performance in the exam.
JNVST Class 9 Result 2023
NVS will release the JNVST class 9 Result 2023 in the online mode. Navodaya result 2023 will be announced in the form of a merit list. Selected students need to visit the assigned centre along with the required documents for verification. Students will also receive a letter from the concerned Principal through speed post.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - JNVST Class 9 Exam Pattern 2023 - Check Navodaya Class 9 Syllabus Here
Question: How many questions are asked in JNVST exam?
A total of 100 questions are asked in NVS Class 9 exam.
Question: What is the medium of NVS Class 9 exam?
The language medium of Class 9 Navodaya exam is English and Hindi.
Question: What is the date of JNVST 9th class exam?
JNVST 9th exam has been scheduled to be conducted on February 11, 2023