Stay up-to date with JNVST News
About JNVST 2023
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) conducts Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) for class 6 and 9 admissions, every year. The JNVST Class 6 registrations started from January 2, 2023. Students can apply for the Class 6 JNVST exam until January 31, 2023. For Class 9, the last date of JNVST application form was October 15, 2022.
About JNVST 2023 Class 6 Exam
- The exam of JNVST 6th will be held on April 29, 2023.
- Class 6 will be released on April 2023.
- JNVST 2023 exam will be conducted in one phase only for all 650 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas.
- Navodaya result 2023 for Class 6 will be released on the official website navodaya.gov.in.
- Students studying in the 5th class can apply for Navodaya class 6 admission 2023 if they fulfil other eligibility norms.
- JNV Selection Test for class 6 admission 2023 will be held in pen and paper mode from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm.
- Students in class 6th are tested in the Mental ability test, Arithmetic, and Language test.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be granted admission to the Navodaya Vidyalaya.
About JNVST Class 9 Exam 2023
- 9th class JNVST 2023 is conducted on February 11, 2023, in offline mode.
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti has released the JNV admit card 2023 for Class 9 on January 13, 2023
- JNVST Class 9 result 2023 will be announced in March 2023.
- 8th class students are eligible for class 9 admission if they were born between May 1, 2008 and April 30, 2010 (both days inclusive).
- Class 9 JNVST test 2023 comprises questions from English, Hindi, Maths, and Science.
- Admit card has released online on January 13, 2023.
- Know an overview of NVS Class 6 and 9 admission
JNVST 2023 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test|
|Short Exam Name||JNVST|
|Conducting Body||Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti|
|Frequency of Conduct||2 times a year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|JNVST Class 6 - Duration||2 Hours +1 More|
JNVST 2023 Important Dates
JNVST Class 6 (Session 2023)
Upcoming Dates and Events
02 Jan, 2023 - 31 Jan, 2023
Application - Class 6 Application Form | Mode: Online Ongoing
29 Apr, 2023
Exam - Class 6 Exam | Mode: Offline
JNVST Class 9 (Session 2023)
Upcoming Dates and Events
11 Feb, 2023
Exam - Class 9 Exam | Mode: Offline
Past Dates and Events
13 Jan, 2023
Admit Card - Class 9 Admit card | Mode: Online
02 Sep, 2022 - 25 Oct, 2022
Application - Class 9 Application Form | Mode: Online
JNVST 2023 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for JNVST Class 6th Admission 2023, students have to fulfill the eligibility criteria-
- Only students belonging to the district where the particular Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is located are eligible to apply for admission.
- Students of all categories including SC and ST must be born between May 1, 2010 and April 30, 2014 (Both dates are inclusive)
- Students applying for admission to class VI via JNVST 2023 must be currently enrolled in Class V in a government, government aided/ any other recognized school or pursuing a ‘B’ certificate competency course of National Institute of Open Schooling in the same district.
- Students claiming admission under rural quota must have studied from classes 3 to 5 in a government/ government aided/ recognized school located in a rural area.
- A candidate who has not been promoted and admitted to Class-V before
15th September, 2022 is not eligible to apply.
A candidate is eligible to appear for JNVST only once.
Students should satisfy the JNVST Class 9 eligibility criteria before filling the application form:
- Candidates studying in class 8 during the current academic session in government/government recognized school are eligible to apply for JNV class 9 admission.
- Applicant must studying in a school of the same district where the particular Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is functioning and where the admission is sought.
- Students appearing for JNVST must pass the final exam of class 8 at the time of admission.
- Students seeking admission to JNV class 9 must be between 11 to 15 years of age. There is no age relaxation for reserved category, students must be born between May 1, 2008 and April 30, 2010 (both days inclusive)
JNVST 2023 Application Process
Mode of Application : Online
NVS releases Class 6 Navodaya admission form 2023. JNVST class 6 application form 2023 can be filled online and there is no application fee for the same. Students can apply for JNVST 2023 exam, online on navodaya.gov.in and cbseitms.in. NVS has released the JNV class 6 application form.
How to fill JNVST Class 6 Application Form 2023?
- Go to the official link: http://cbseitms.in/nvsregn/index.aspx
- Click on Class 6 registration link.
- Fill all the details in the application form.
- Upload documents as asked in the specified format.
- Now, preview the form and submit it.
Students who appear for the JNVST 2023 and get shortlisted for the document verification round need to produce proof of residence, age, academic qualification etc. during the verification round.
JNVST Class 6 Admission 2023 Documents Required after selection
Residence Certificate in the prescribed format
Proof of birth date
Proof of eligibility as per the conditions of JNVs
For admission under rural quota - certificate verifying that the child had studied in an institution based in a notified rural area.
Other documents specified by the particular JNV.
Check the video below to know the whole JNV Class 6 Admission Process:
Students can submit the JNVST Class 9 application form in online mode. The form needs to be submitted after reviewing all the details furnished along with the required documents. Alongside, upload the recent passport-sized photograph while filling JNVST 2023 application form class IX. Students can follow the steps given below in order to fill JNV class 9th admission form 2023:
Step 1: Visit the official link: www.nvsadmissionclassnine.in/nvs/homepage and click on the link to fill JNVST 9th application form 2023.
Step 2: Fill in personal details in the form and upload your passport size photo in the provided space.
Step 3: Enter academic details in JNVST admission form.
Step 4: Upload the candidate's and parent's signatures in the JNVST 2023 form.
Step 5: After filling the form, preview the details filled and submit it.
Step 6: Take a printout of the filled JNVST 2023 application form and retain it for future reference.
JNVST 2023 Syllabus
JNVST Class 6 Syllabus
Mental ability test
Figure series completion
Geometrical figure completion (triangle, square, circle)
Punched hold pattern-folding/unfolding
Number and numeric system
Four fundamental operations on whole number
Fractional number and four fundamental operations on them
Factors and multiples including their properties
LCM and HCF of numbers
Decimals and fundamental operations on them
Conversion of fractions to decimals and vice-versa
Measurement of length, mass, capacity, time, money etc
Distance, time, and speed
Approximation of expressions
Simplification of numerical expressions
Percentage and its applications
Profit and loss
Perimeter, area, and volume
JNVST Class 9 Syllabus
Comprehension (unseen passage)
Word and sentence
Rearranging jumbled words
Use of degrees of comparison
Use of prepositions
Living/ non living
Chemical effects of electric current
Squares and square roots
Cubes and cube roots
Exponents and powers
Direct and inverse proportions
Comparing quantities (percentage, profit and loss, discount. simple and compound interest)
Algebraic expressions and identities including factorization
Linear equations in one variable
Understanding quadrilaterals (parallelogram, rhombus, rectangle, square, kite)
Data Handling (Bar graph, pie chart, organizing data, probability)
JNVST 2023 Preparation Tips
JNVST Class 6 Preparation Tips
The following JNV Selection Test for class 6th preparation tips can help you prepare in a more organized manner and clear the JNVST 2023 with ease:
1. Since most of the questions asked in JNVST Class 6th 2023 will be from Mental Ability Test (MAT), prepare very well for that section. Preparing for MAT doesn't require memorising facts and is one of the most scoring sections. There are several mental ability tests available online on the Internet and taking them will enhance your analytical ability and understanding.
2. The Arithmetic Test (AT) tests students' basic knowledge in arithmetic and for this section, students must go through JNVST 2023 syllabus for class VI. Ensure that you cover all topics given in the syllabus and keep notes of formulas you come across. This will make the revision time more effective.
3. The language tests a student's grammar and writing skills. Besides, there will be three passages from which questions will be asked. Read more books to enhance your reading skills and go through the best books for grammar and composition, for example, English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin for English. To analyze what you have already learned, take language tests available online.
4. Practice JNVST 2023 sample papers and previous year's question papers. Revise all you have learned up to the current academic standard which will help you build on whatever you have already learned. In case of any difficulty regarding any topic, get in touch with your teachers.
JNVST Class 9 Preparation Tips
JNVST 2023 exam for class 9 comprises questions from Mathematics, General Science, English and Hindi. Follow the below preparation tips to get good scores in JNVST 2023 admission entrance test:
- Tip 1- Make short notes of important concepts and formulas- Creating handwritten short noes helps in understanding the concept better and also helps in remembering the formulas.
- Tip 2- Follow the Right Books- Students should cover the entire JNVST 2023 syllabus from NCERT Class 8 books. Also, take help of reference books and model papers to prepare more effectively.
- Tip 3- Revision is the key to success hence, revise all that you have learned for JNVST 2023.
- Tip 4- Download and solve JNVST question papers and sample papers. These sample papers are available online free of cost. Solving the last year's papers help in understanding the difficulty level in a batter way.
- Tip 5- Pay attention to topics such as rational numbers, squares and squares roots, cubes and cube roots and exponents and powers to prepare for Maths.
- Tip 6- The other important section for JNVST 2023 is General Science. This section carries 35 marks. Students should focus more on living/ non-living, cell structure and function, Solar System, Light, Sound, and reproduction.
- Tip 7- For English, students are advised to do a lot of reading and also get their grammar concepts clear. The questions will be asked from unseen passages, word and sentence structure, spelling and jumbled words. Students are advised to follow English grammar and comprehension by Wren and Martin should of great help for this section. The same applies to the Hindi language section.
JNVST 2023 Exam Pattern
JNVST Exam Pattern for Class 6 consists of information about the question paper such as sections covered, distribution of marks, total marks, weightage per section and so on.
- As per the JNVST 2023 exam pattern, there will be four sections for the class 6 exam.
- There will be no negative marking.
- The exam will be held in pen and paper mode.
- The JNVST 2023 test duration is 2 hours or 160 minutes.
- All the questions in the JNVST 2023 exam will be of multiple-choice questions.
- The questions will be asked from Mental Ability Test, Arithmetic test and Language Test
JNVST 2023 for Class VI Exam Pattern
Topics in class 6 JNVST
Number of questions
Mental Ability Test
- As per the JNVST exam pattern for class 9, the exam will be held for 2 and a half hours.
- Divyang category students or students with special needs will be allowed 30 minutes extra to take the test.
- OMR sheets will be provided for answering the 1 mark multiple-choice questions.
- The medium of JNVST 2023 exam will be English/Hindi.
- The difficulty level of the paper will be of the 8th standard syllabus.
JNVST Class 9 Exam Pattern 2023
JNVST 2023 Admit Card
NVS releases JNVST admit card 2023 for class 6. Students can be able to download the JNVST hall ticket from the official website of NVS. JNVST 2023 admit card comprises details such as information about the candidate, the schedule of exam and venue of the test.
How to download JNVST Class 6 Admit Card 2023?
- Go to the official website: navodaya.gov.in.
- Click on the link of Class 6 NVS admit card.
- Enter the registration number and password.
- Click on the submit button and Navodaya class 6 admit card 2023 will be shown on the screen.
- Take a printout of the same to use later.
Students are advised to read all the instructions given on the admit card to avoid hassles on the day of JNVST 2023 exam. No student will be allowed to appear for the exam upon failing to produce the admit card in front of the invigilator.
- JNVST 2023 admit card for class 9 admission has been released on January 13, 2023, for candidates who have submitted the application form successfully.
- Students can download the admit card using the required credentials.
- JNVST 2023 hall ticket will comprise details like the test taker’s name, roll number, exam date and time, details about the exam venue and so on.
- The examination authority does not allow candidates who fail to produce JNVST admit card to appear for the exam. It is, therefore, important for candidates to carry the admit card along with them on exam day.
- Along with JNVST class 9 admit card, students are also required to carry a valid proof of identity to the examination hall.
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit Card
- Identity Card
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti will declare Class 9 result in March 2023 and JNV class 6 result in June 2023. The result will be published in the form of a selection list of candidates in PDF format. JNVST result 2023 consists of a candidate’s name, roll number, category, gender, district and area, date of birth etc.
Students have to go through the selection list to check their names on the list. Candidates have to download the pdf file and keep it safe till the admission process concludes.
Steps to check JNVST result 2023
- Go to the official website: navodaya.gov.in.
- Open the class 6 or 9 result 2023 link.
- Enter roll number in the blank field.
- Click on the submit button and NVS result 2023 will be shown on the screen.
Selected candidates have to submit the given documents to complete the admission process after the result announcement.
JNVST 2023 Admission Process
- After the declaration of JNVST results 2023, the parents of selected students have to download the forms which will be submitted for verification of documents.
- The form will be available online on the schools’ official websites.
- Fill the required details, paste recent passport-sized photographs and attach xerox copies of required documents with the form.
- Special/reserved category candidates have to attach proof of reservation/ disability along with the form and submit it to the school’s principal before the deadline.
- After this, a student is granted admission to their respective Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas.
JNVST 2023 Selection Process
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti declares the result for class 6 admission test in form of a region-wise merit list.
- After the declaration of JNVST Class 6th result, selected students will have to submit a filled application form along with the required documents to the school principal. While filling the form, they have to paste a recent passport-sized photograph.
- After the documents are verified, the school will release a list of students whose admissions are finally confirmed, consisting of their names, categories, and dates of birth.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:What should I do after selection?
After selection in NVS result 2023, the parents of selected students will have to submit the documents at concerned JNV for further processes.
Question:When will JNVST result 2023 be decalred?
JNVST 9th class result 2022 will be declared in March 2023, on navodaya.gov.in.
Question:How much questions are asked in JNVST exam?
A total of 80 questions are asked in JNVST exam 2023.
Question:What is the duration of JNVST class 6 exam 2023?
The duration of the Navodaya entrance exam 2023 for class 6 is 2 hours.
Question:Who can apply for JNVST class 9 exam?
Students studying in class 8 and are between the age of 11 to 15 years can apply for NVS 9th class exam 2022.
Question:What is the minimum age to apply for JNVST Class 6 exam?
The minimum age for JNVST 6th class exam is 8 years. Check JNVST 6th eligibility criteria to know more.
Question:What are the maximum marks of JNVST exam?
JNVST exam 2022-23 for class 6 and 9 will be held for 100 marks each.
Question:When will JNVST class 9 form 2022 be released?
Navodaya class 9 admission form 2022 has been released and students can fill it until October 25, 2022.
Question:What is the fees to apply for JNVST class 6 exam 2023?
There is no fee to apply for JNVST 6th class exam 2023.
Question:Can I appear for JNVST class 6 exam in Hindi?
Yes, students can appear for class 6 JNVST exam in Hindi medium by choosing Hindi as a language medium while filling the form.
Question:Can I appear for JNVST class 6 exam for second time?
No student is eligible to appear for JNVST class 6 exam for the second time.
Question:How can I apply for JNVST?
Students can apply for JNVST exam by filling an online NVS Class 6 application form 2022-23 on navodaya.gov.in
Question:What is JNVST?
JNVST stands for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test. This is an entrance test for class 6 and 9 admissions at all JNVs.
Questions related to JNVST
Im a student of private school (Notre Dame Academy) standard 8.I want to apply for JNVST but according to the rule and regulations a student of government school is only allowed to apply for it.
Hope you are doing well.
No , Everyone falling under the required age criteria for admission is eligible to give entrance exam and then follows the selection procedures.
Also there is some quota for govt, rural & then girl students.
If you are a girl studying in a village, go for JNVST, you will make it. Life at JNVs is fantastic undoubtedly.
Anyone in class 5th ( minimum age 9), 8th ( min age 12) & 10th( age 14) can apply for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
For 5th class students , forms come in September- October on NVS website. Fill it & send to the principal of nearest JNV. You can also get form from nearest JNV office. This test is called JNVST.
For 8th class students, it's called lateral entry test. Forms come usually in March -april . U can get form from NVS website or nearest JNV office.
For 10th class students, there is no test , they take a few students if seats are vacant on basis of 10th %.
Hope this will help you....Good Luck!
Navodaya admission of students into class 6 through JNVST 2022 clarification reg
Eligibility Criteria for JNV Selection Test for Class 6 Admission -
- Date of birth of students should be between 01.05.2009 and 30.04.2013.
- Students studying class V during 2020-21 in the own District are only eligible for admission into JNVs.
- Students studying class Ill, IV and V from a Govt./Govt. Aided/Govt. Recognised / B Certificate competency course of NIOS provided the residence from Warangal District are only eligible
- Candidates chosen from rural regions must occupy at least 75% of the seats in a district; the remaining seats must come from the district's metropolitan areas.
- A applicant must have completed the required coursework in Classes III, IV, and V in a government-funded, government-recognized school (or schools) in a rural region in order to be considered for admission under the rural quota.
Candidates who attended a school in an urban region for even one day of class in Grades III, IV, or V will be regarded as urban candidates.
- Anyone applying for admission must have been born between April 30, 2013, and May 1, 2009, inclusive (Both dates are inclusive)
- Candidates from all categories, including those who are members of the Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST), and Other Backward Class, would be subject to this (OBC).
- Candidates chosen from rural regions must occupy at least 75% of the seats in a district; the remaining seats must come from the district's metropolitan areas.
- In accordance with their population in the district in question, seats are reserved for children from SC/ST with the proviso that no district shall have a reservation that is less than the national average (15 percent for SC and 7.5 percent for ST), with a combined maximum of 50 percent for both categories (SC & ST).
- All but one-third of the available seats are occupied by women.
Pattern of Exam
Three phases of the two-hour selection test, which will exclusively contain objective-type questions, will be administered between 11:30 am and 01:30 pm. 100 marks are available for a total of 80 questions. Additional time of 15 minutes is permitted for reading the directions.
40 Questions in the Mental Ability Test, 50 Marks (Duration: 60 minutes)
Test in Arithmetic: 20 Questions, 25 Marks (Duration: 30 minutes)
Test of Language: 20 Questions, 25 Marks (Duration: 30 minutes)
80 Questions Overall, 100 Marks (Duration: 2 Hours)
Each applicant will receive a single exam booklet with all three parts. "Divyang students" will be given an additional 30 minutes (differently abled students).
Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, English, Garo, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Khasi, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Mizo, Oriya, Punjabi, Sindhi (Arabic), Sindhi (Devnagri), Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, and Nepali are among the 21 languages used to take the exam.
What is the date of JNVST for Class 6 year 2023
If you are enquiring about the registration for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya entrance exam 2023 then the official notification is not yet released. The registration process for JNV 2023 Class 6th and class 9th exam is expected to start in the month of September 2022 tentatively. The official schedule will be released along with the notification until then please keep an eye on updates from time to time. To check the schedule once it is released click on the link given below
Aspirant has lost the admit card by mistake.Please let me help so that i could be able to downlode THE JNVST 2022 iv result.
You can check the link below to download the JNVST 2022 admit card again.
In case you need help with your login details, you should have access to the mobile number which was registered during the application process. You can also check the inbox or 'spam' folder of your registered email to obtain the registration number and then click on 'forgot password' to reset your password and gain access to your account. The reset link shall be sent to the registered email id.
Hope this will help you with the problem. Best of luck!
where is the navodaya 9th class results ?
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) has released the Navodaya exam result 2022 class 9 on June 14, 2022. The Navodaya Result 2022 Class 9 has been released on the official website navodaya.gov.in. The NVS Class 9 result 2022 is released in the form of PDF files. The JNVST Class 9 exam was held on April 9, 2022. After the Navodaya result 2022 Class 9 announcement, Parents/Guardians of selected students have to visit the respective schools for the final admission process with all the required documents.