Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) conducted Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) for class 6 and 9 admissions, every year. The JNVST Class 6th 2020 Registrations has been commenced on July 1, 2019. Students & their parents can apply till September 15, 2019. JNVST registration for class 9 will be commenced shortly. Students could apply for JNVST 2019 in online mode only.
To apply for JNVST Class 6th Admission 2020-21, students have to fulfill the eligibility criteria-
The following eligibility criteria have been specified by NVS for students applying for JNVST class 9 admission:
Mode of Application : Online
The application form for class 6 JNV selection test is processed through the Common Service Centre of Ministry of IT, Government of India. JNVST class 6 application form 2020 can be filled online and the application fee for the same is Rs. 35. Students who appear for the test to get shortlisted for the document verification round. Students need to produce proof of residence, age, academic qualification etc. during the verification round. There will be common service centres which candidates have to visit accompanied by their parents. They have to carry the eligibility certificate, filled and signed by the head of the institute they are studying in. The required format of the certificate is uploaded to the school’s official website. Candidates who qualify JNVST 2020 should submit the following documents during admission:
Documents Required for JNVST Admission 2020
Residence Certificate in the prescribed format
Proof of birth date
Proof of eligibility as per the conditions of JNVs
For admission under rural quota - certificate verifying that the child had studied in an institution based in a notified rural area.
Other documents specified by the particular JNV.
Candidates could fill JNVST application form for class 9 online. The form need to be submitted after reviewing all the details furnished along with the required documents. Alongside, upload the recent passport sized photograph while filling JNVST 2020 application form class IX. Students can follow the steps given below in order to fill JNV class 9th admission form 2020:
Step 1: Click on the link to fill JNVST 9th application form 2020
Step 2: Fill in personal details in the form and upload your passport size photo in the provided space.
Step 3: Enter academic details in JNVST admission form.
Step 4: Upload candidate's and parent's signature in the form.
Step 5: After filling the form, preview the details filled and submit it.
Step 6: Take a printout of the filled application form and retain it for future reference.
The following JNV Selection Test for class 6th preparation tips can help you prepare in a more organized manner and clear the exam with ease:
1. Since most of the questions asked in JNVST Class 6th 2020 will be from Mental Ability Test (MAT), prepare very well for that section. Preparing for MAT doesn't require memorising facts and is one of the most scoring sections. There are several mental ability tests available online on the Internet and taking them will enhance your analytical ability and understanding.
2. The Arithmetic Test (AT) tests students basic knowledge in arithmetic and for this section, students must go through JNVST syllabus for class VI. Ensure that you cover all topics given in the syllabus and keep notes of formulas you come across. This will make the revision time more effective.
3. The language tests a student's grammar and writing skills. Besides, there will be three passages from which questions will be asked. Read more books to enhance your reading skills and go through the best books for grammar and composition, for example, English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin for English. To analyse what you have already learnt, take language tests available online.
4. Practice sample papers and previous years question papers. Revise all you have learnt up to the current academic standard which will help you build on whatever you have already learnt. In case of any difficulty regarding any topic, get in touch with your teachers.
JNVST 2020 exam for class 9 comprises questions from Mathematics, General Science, English and Hindi. The following tips might come handy for students who are preparing for the admission entrance test:
1. Make your concepts and formulas of Maths till the class 8 clear. This section consists of 35 marks and scoring well in it means higher chances of getting through the exam. Pay attention to topics such as rational numbers, squares and squares roots, cubes and cube roots and exponents and powers.
2. Just like Maths, the General Science section too carries 35 marks and is another very important section in the JNVST question paper. Pay a lot of importance to sections such as living/ non-living, cell structure and function and reproduction. Clear the basic concepts till class 8th level and you will definitely do well.
3. In English, students will be asked questions from unseen passages, word and sentence structure, spelling and they will also be asked to rearrange jumbled words. For this, students are advised to do a lot of reading and also get their grammar concepts clear. A book such as English grammar and comprehension by Wren and Martin should of great help for this section. The same applies to the Hindi language section.
4. Download and solve JNVST question papers and sample papers available online. Apart from the NCERT textbooks and other school textbooks, you can also take help of reference book and model papers to prepare more effectively. Revise all that you have learnt as revision, for every exam, is the key to success.
JNVST class 6 exam pattern consists of information about the question paper such as sections covered, distribution of marks, total marks, weightage per section and so on. Going through the exam pattern of JNVST 6th will help students plan a proper preparation strategy and ace the exam. As per JNVST paper pattern 2020, there will be four sections for the class 6 exam and all questions in the exam will be multiple choice questions, each carrying 1 mark. More details have been given below:
JNVST 2020 for Class VI Exam Pattern
Topics in class 6 JNVST
Number of questions
Mental Ability Test
As per JNVST exam pattern for class 9, the exam will be held for 2 and a half hours. Divyang category students or students with special needs will be allowed 30 minutes extra to take the test. OMR sheets will be provided for answering the 1 mark multiple choice questions and the medium of the language will be English/Hindi. The difficulty level of the paper will be of the 7th standard syllabus. More details on JNVST exam pattern have been given below:
JNVST Exam Pattern for Class 9
JNVST admit card 2020 for class 6 will be issued in two phases, Phase 1 & Phase 2 for all the applicants. The phase 1 admit card will be released on December 1, 2019, and Phase 2 admit card will be available from March 1, 2019.
JNVST 2020 Admission Process
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti will declare the phase 1 result in March 2020 and phase 2 result in May 2020 for Class 6th admission test. The result will be released region-wise in form of merit list in PDF format.
JNVST Class 6 answer key 2020- Many institutes release the JNVST answer keys for class ...
JNVST Class 9 Answer Key 2020- The question papers and answer key of JNVST 2020 for cla...
JNVST Class 9 Result 2020- NVS will announce the JNVST Result for Class 9 online in Mar...
JNVST Class 9 Exam Pattern 2020- NVS releases the Navodaya Entrance Exam Syllabus for C...
JNVST Result 2020 - NVS will declare the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Result 2020 for cla...
JNVST Class 6 Result 2020- NVS will release the Navodaya admission result in March 2020...
JNVST Class 9 Eligibility Criteria 2020- Navodaya Vidyalayas admission for Class 9th wi...
JNVST Class 9 Admission Form 2020 - Navodaya vidyalaya admission form for class 9 to be...
Navodaya Result 2020 - NVS will declare the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Result 2020 for ...
JNVST Admit Card 2020 for class 6 - NVS will release JNVST Admit Card for class 6 on th...
Your Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id “”.
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile