Stay up-to date with JNVST News
About JNVST 2022
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) conducts Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test (JNVST) for class 6 and 9 admissions, every year. The JNVST Class 6th and 9 registrations have been commenced. Students can apply for the JNVST exam until December 15, 2021, for Class 6, and November 30, 2021, for Class 9 in online mode only.
About JNVST 2022 Class 6 Exam
- The exam of JNVST 6th admission will be held on April 30, 2022.
- JNVST 2022 exam will be conducted in one phase only for all 661 Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas.
- Students studying in the 5th class can apply for Navodaya class 6 admission 2022 if they fulfil other eligibility norms.
- JNV Selection Test for class 6 admission 2022 will be held in pen and paper mode from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm.
- Students in class 6th are tested in the Mental ability test, Arithmetic, and Language test.
- Navodaya result 2022 will be declared on the official website navodaya.gov.in.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be granted admission to the Navodaya Vidyalaya.
About JNVST Class 9 Exam 2022
- 8th class students are eligible for class 9 admission if they were born between May 1, 2006, and April 30, 2010.
- 9th class JNVST 2022 exam will be conducted on April 9, 2022, in offline mode.
- Class 9 JNVST test 2022 comprises questions from English, Hindi, Maths, and Science.
- Admit card will be made available online in March 2022, tentatively.
- JNVST Class 9 result 2022 will tentatively be declared in May 2022.
Know an overview of NVS Class 6 and 9 admission
JNVST 2022 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test|
|Short Exam Name||JNVST|
|Conducting Body||Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti|
|Frequency of Conduct||2 times a year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|JNVST Class 6 - Duration||2 Hours +1 More|
JNVST 2022 Important Dates
JNVST Class 9 (Session 2022)
Upcoming Dates and Events
09 Apr, 2022
Exam | Mode: Offline
Past Dates and Events
13 Sep, 2021 - 30 Nov, 2021
Application | Mode: Online
JNVST Class 6 (Session 2022)
Upcoming Dates and Events
30 Apr, 2022
Exam | Mode: Offline
Past Dates and Events
16 Dec, 2021 - 17 Dec, 2021
Application Correction | Mode: Online
24 Sep, 2021 - 15 Dec, 2021
Application | Mode: Online
JNVST 2022 Eligibility Criteria
To apply for JNVST Class 6th Admission 2022, students have to fulfill the eligibility criteria-
- Only students belonging to the district where the particular Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is located are eligible to apply for admission.
- Students of all categories including SC and ST must be born between May 1, 2009 to April 30, 2010.
- Students applying for admission to class VI via JNVST 2022 must be currently enrolled in Class V in a government, government aided/ any other recognised school or pursuing a ‘B’ certificate competency course of National Institute of Open Schooling in the same district.
- Students claiming admission under rural quota must have studied from classes 3 to 5 in a government/ government aided/ recognized school located in a rural area.
- A candidate who has not been promoted and admitted to Class-V before
15th September, 2021 is not eligible to apply.
A candidate is eligible to appear for JNVST only once.
Students should satisfy the JNVST Class 9 eligibility criteria before filling the application form:
- Candidates studying in class 8 during the current academic session in government/government recognized school are eligible to apply for JNV class 9 admission.
- Applicant must studying in a school of the same district where the particular Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is functioning and where the admission is sought.
- Students appearing for JNVST must pass the final exam of class 8 at the time of admission.
- Students seeking admission to JNV class 9 must be between 11 to 15 years of age. He/she must be born between May 1, 2006, and April 30, 2010.
JNVST 2022 Application Process
Mode of Application : Online
NVS has released Class 6 Navodaya admission form 2022 on September 24, 2022. JNVST class 6 application form 2022 can be filled online and there is no application fee for the same. Students can apply for JNVST 2022 exam till December 15, 2021, online on navodaya.gov.in and cbseitms.in.
How to fill JNVST Class 6 Application Form 2022?
- Go to the official link: http://cbseitms.in/nvsregn/index.aspx
- Click on Class 6 registration link.
- Fill all the details in the application form.
- Upload documents as asked in the specified format.
- Now, preview the form and submit it.
Students who appear for the JNVST 2022 and get shortlisted for the document verification round need to produce proof of residence, age, academic qualification etc. during the verification round.
JNVST Class 6 Admission 2022 Documents Required after selection
Residence Certificate in the prescribed format
Proof of birth date
Proof of eligibility as per the conditions of JNVs
For admission under rural quota - certificate verifying that the child had studied in an institution based in a notified rural area.
Other documents specified by the particular JNV.
Check the video below:
Students can submit the JNVST Class 9 application form in online mode. The form needs to be submitted after reviewing all the details furnished along with the required documents. Alongside, upload the recent passport-sized photograph while filling JNVST 2022 application form class IX. Students can follow the steps given below in order to fill JNV class 9th admission form 2022:
Step 1: Visit the official link: www.nvsadmissionclassnine.in/nvs/homepage and click on the link to fill JNVST 9th application form 2022.
Step 2: Fill in personal details in the form and upload your passport size photo in the provided space.
Step 3: Enter academic details in JNVST admission form.
Step 4: Upload the candidate's and parent's signatures in the JNVST 2022 form.
Step 5: After filling the form, preview the details filled and submit it.
Step 6: Take a printout of the filled JNVST 2022 application form and retain it for future reference.
JNVST 2022 Syllabus
JNVST Class 6 Syllabus
Mental ability test
Figure series completion
Geometrical figure completion (triangle, square, circle)
Punched hold pattern-folding/unfolding
Number and numeric system
Four fundamental operations on whole number
Fractional number and four fundamental operations on them
Factors and multiples including their properties
LCM and HCF of numbers
Decimals and fundamental operations on them
Conversion of fractions to decimals and vice-versa
Measurement of length, mass, capacity, time, money etc
Distance, time, and speed
Approximation of expressions
Simplification of numerical expressions
Percentage and its applications
Profit and loss
Perimeter, area, and volume
JNVST Class 9 Syllabus
Comprehension (unseen passage)
Word and sentence
Rearranging jumbled words
Use of degrees of comparison
Use of prepositions
Living/ non living
Chemical effects of electric current
Squares and square roots
Cubes and cube roots
Exponents and powers
Direct and inverse proportions
Comparing quantities (percentage, profit and loss, discount. simple and compound interest)
Algebraic expressions and identities including factorization
Linear equations in one variable
Understanding quadrilaterals (parallelogram, rhombus, rectangle, square, kite)
Data Handling (Bar graph, pie chart, organizing data, probability)
JNVST 2022 Preparation Tips
JNVST Class 6 Preparation Tips
The following JNV Selection Test for class 6th preparation tips can help you prepare in a more organized manner and clear the JNVST 2022 with ease:
1. Since most of the questions asked in JNVST Class 6th 2022 will be from Mental Ability Test (MAT), prepare very well for that section. Preparing for MAT doesn't require memorising facts and is one of the most scoring sections. There are several mental ability tests available online on the Internet and taking them will enhance your analytical ability and understanding.
2. The Arithmetic Test (AT) tests students' basic knowledge in arithmetic and for this section, students must go through JNVST 2022 syllabus for class VI. Ensure that you cover all topics given in the syllabus and keep notes of formulas you come across. This will make the revision time more effective.
3. The language tests a student's grammar and writing skills. Besides, there will be three passages from which questions will be asked. Read more books to enhance your reading skills and go through the best books for grammar and composition, for example, English Grammar and Composition by Wren & Martin for English. To analyze what you have already learned, take language tests available online.
4. Practice JNVST 2022 sample papers and previous year's question papers. Revise all you have learned up to the current academic standard which will help you build on whatever you have already learned. In case of any difficulty regarding any topic, get in touch with your teachers.
JNVST Class 9 Preparation Tips
JNVST 2022 exam for class 9 comprises questions from Mathematics, General Science, English and Hindi. Follow the below preparation tips to get good scores in JNVST 2022 admission entrance test:
- Tip 1- Make short notes of important concepts and formulas- Creating handwritten short noes helps in understanding the concept better and also helps in remembering the formulas.
- Tip 2- Follow the Right Books- Students should cover the entire JNVST 2022 syllabus from NCERT Class 8 books. Also, take help of reference books and model papers to prepare more effectively.
- Tip 3- Revision is the key to success hence, revise all that you have learned for JNVST 2022.
- Tip 4- Download and solve JNVST question papers and sample papers. These sample papers are available online free of cost. Solving the last year's papers help in understanding the difficulty level in a batter way.
- Tip 5- Pay attention to topics such as rational numbers, squares and squares roots, cubes and cube roots and exponents and powers to prepare for Maths.
- Tip 6- The other important section for JNVST 2022 is General Science. This section carries 35 marks. Students should focus more on living/ non-living, cell structure and function, Solar System, Light, Sound, and reproduction.
- Tip 7- For English, students are advised to do a lot of reading and also get their grammar concepts clear. The questions will be asked from unseen passages, word and sentence structure, spelling and jumbled words. Students are advised to follow English grammar and comprehension by Wren and Martin should of great help for this section. The same applies to the Hindi language section.
JNVST 2022 Exam Pattern
JNVST Exam Pattern for Class 6 consists of information about the question paper such as sections covered, distribution of marks, total marks, weightage per section and so on.
- As per the JNVST 2022 exam pattern, there will be four sections for the class 6 exam.
- There will be no negative marking.
- The exam will be held in pen and paper mode.
- The JNVST 2022 test duration is 2 hours or 160 minutes.
- All the questions in the JNVST 2022 exam will be of multiple-choice questions.
- The questions will be asked from Mental Ability Test, Arithmetic test and Language Test
JNVST 2022 for Class VI Exam Pattern
Topics in class 6 JNVST
Number of questions
Mental Ability Test
- As per the JNVST exam pattern for class 9, the exam will be held for 2 and a half hours.
- Divyang category students or students with special needs will be allowed 30 minutes extra to take the test.
- OMR sheets will be provided for answering the 1 mark multiple-choice questions.
- The medium of JNVST 2022 exam will be English/Hindi.
- The difficulty level of the paper will be of the 8th standard syllabus.
JNVST Class 9 Exam Pattern 2022
JNVST 2022 Admit Card
JNVST admit card 2022 for class 6 will tentatively be released in March 2022. Students will be able to download the JNVST hall ticket from the official website of NVS. JNVST 2022 admit card comprises details such as information about the candidate, the schedule of exam and venue of the test.
How to download JNVST Class 6 Admit Card 2022?
- Go to the official website: navodaya.gov.in.
- Click on the link of Class 6 NVS admit card.
- Enter the registration number and password.
- Click on the submit button and Navodaya class 6 admit card 2022 will be shown on the screen.
- Take a printout of the same to use later.
Students are advised to read all the instructions given on the admit card to avoid hassles on the day of JNVST 2022 exam. No student will be allowed to appear for the exam upon failing to produce the admit card in front of the invigilator.
- JNVST 2022 admit card for class 9 admission will tentatively be released in March 2022, for candidates who have submitted the application form successfully.
- Students can download the admit card using the required credentials.
- JNVST 2022 hall ticket will comprise details like the test taker’s name, roll number, exam date and time, details about the exam venue and so on.
- The examination authority does not allow candidates who fail to produce JNVST admit card to appear for the exam. It is, therefore, important for candidates to carry the admit card along with them on exam day.
- Along with JNVST class 9 admit card, students are also required to carry a valid proof of identity to the examination hall.
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit Card
- Identity Card
Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti will declare Class 6 result of JNVST in May 2022. The result will be published in the form of a selection list of candidates in PDF format. JNVST result 2021 consists of a candidate’s name, roll number, category, gender, district and area, date of birth etc.
Students have to go through the selection list to check their names on the list. Candidates have to download the pdf file and keep it safe till the admission process concludes.
Steps to check JNVST result 2022
- Go to the official website: navodaya.gov.in.
- Open the class 6 or 9 result 2022 link.
- Enter roll number in the blank field.
- Click on the submit button and NVS result 2022 will be shown on the screen.
Selected candidates have to submit the given documents to complete the admission process after the result announcement.
JNVST 2022 Admission Process
- After the declaration of JNVST results 2022, the parents of selected students have to download the forms which will be submitted for verification of documents.
- The form will be available online on the schools’ official websites.
- Fill the required details, paste recent passport-sized photographs and attach xerox copies of required documents with the form.
- Special/reserved category candidates have to attach proof of reservation/ disability along with the form and submit it to the school’s principal before the deadline.
- After this, a student is granted admission to their respective Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas.
JNVST 2022 Selection Process
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti declares the result for class 6 admission test in form of a region-wise merit list.
- After the declaration of JNVST Class 6th result, selected students will have to submit a filled application form along with the required documents to the school principal. While filling the form, they have to paste a recent passport-sized photograph.
- After the documents are verified, the school will release a list of students whose admissions are finally confirmed, consisting of their names, categories, and dates of birth.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:What is JNVST?
JNVST stands for Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test. This is an entrance test for class 6 and 9 admissions at all JNVs.
Question:How can I apply for JNVST?
Students can apply for JNVST exam by filling an online NVS Class 6 application form 2022 on navodaya.gov.in
Question:Can I appear for JNVST class 6 exam for second time?
No student is eligible to appear for JNVST class 6 exam for the second time.
Question:Can I appear for JNVST class 6 exam in Hindi?
Yes, students can appear for class 6 JNVST exam in Hindi medium by choosing Hindi as a language medium while filling the form.
Question:What is the fees to apply for JNVST class 6 exam 2022?
There is no fee to apply for JNVST 6th class exam 2022.
Question:When will JNVST class 9 form 2022 be released?
Navodaya class 9 admission form 2022 has been released and students can fill it until November 15, 2021.
Question:What are the maximum marks of JNVST exam?
JNVST exam 2022 for class 6 and 9 will be held for 100 marks each.
Question:What is the minimum age to apply for JNVST Class 6 exam?
The minimum age for JNVST 6th class exam is 8 years. Check JNVST 6th eligibility criteria to know more.
Question:Who can apply for JNVST class 9 exam?
Students studying in class 8 and are between the age of 11 to 15 years can apply for NVS 9th class exam 2022.
Question:What is the last date for NVS class 6 application 2022?
The last date to submit the Navodaya class 6 application is November 30, 2021.
Question:What is the duration of JNVST class 6 exam 2022?
The duration of the Navodaya entrance exam 2022 for class 6 is 2 hours.
Question:How much questions are asked in JNVST exam?
A total of 80 questions are asked in JNVST exam 2022.
Question:When will JNVST result 2022 be decalred?
JNVST 6th class result 2022 will be declared in May 2022, tentatively on navodaya.gov.in.
Question:What should I do after selection?
After selection in NVS result 2022, the parents of selected students will have to submit the documents at concerned JNV for further processes.
Questions related to JNVST
how to change the medium of examination?
It will be more convenient to answer your quetion if you mention exam name.
Go to Students→ My Account. Click on Examination Enrollment→ Change of Medium, you will get the next screen as shown below. 8. Enter Examination Enrollment Request ID and select your desired Medium of Examination.
Hope this helps.
is this exam for the students going from class 8th to class 9th?
Hi reader ,
looking at your tag , you seem to be enquiring about the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas announces Selection Test (JNVST) .
the eligibilty criteria for JNVST is as follows:
1)Only those candidates who are studying Class VIII during the Academic Session 2021-22 in one of the Govt./Govt. recognized schools of the district where the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya is functioning and where admission is sought, are eligible.
2) Candidates appearing for the admission test must qualify/ pass Class VIII in the academic session 2021-22 from a Govt./Govt. recognized school in the district where he/she is seeking admission.
3) A candidate seeking admission must be born between 01.05.2006 and 30.04.2010 (both days inclusive)
4)Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti reserves the right to refer any candidate to a MEDICAL BOARD for confirmation of the age of the candidate, in case any doubt arises about the age on the basis of certificate produced by the candidate before confirmation of admission.
so yes this exam is for students going from class 8th to class 9th subjected to the above eligibilty criteria.
i hope this answer helps
is there english medium in navoday school í AM in 8th std can i fill 9th form or i have to try in 2022
Dear aspirant !
Hope you are doing great ! Yes there is english medium available in NVS (navodaya vidyalaya samiti) commonly called navodaya school. If you want to take admission in class 9th there then you have to only upload class6th and 7th result ,they don't ask for 8th result too ,it means you can apply now easily in 8th .Also Don't waste your one year ,start preparing yourself and give your best too.
For more information about nvs you can visit our link given below ;
Hope it helps you !!
Have a great day!
how to download jnvst admit card 2022
Mam Navoday Ka admit Card Class 6 Ka Kaise Download kre
sir,or,mam-jnv ma pass hona ka liya kitna number chayaa
Dear aspirant !
Hope you are doing great ! It's really hurting to see such type of questions because nowadays students like you just want to pass the exam ,do not want to top or get a decent score ,please work hard , parents are spending their precious money on you so it's your responsibility to give them something . So please work hard
Hope you will understand !!