Stay up-to date with NTSE News
About NTSE 2022
National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is an offline scholarship exam for class 10 students to encourage higher studies in the field of Science and Social science. This exam is conducted by NCERT at two stages. SCERT or other authority of the respective state conducts stage 1 at the state level and stage 2 exam is held by NCERT at the national level.
As per the latest official notification, the NTSE exam has been stalled till further notice. We will provide the latest updates and information as we receive more. Check NTSE Official Notification here.
About stage 1 exam
Some state-level authorities releases the NTSE Form 2022. Stage 1 admit cards will be released 15 days prior to the exam date.
The NTSE 2022 Stage 1 exam date is released through official website. After successful completion of exam, NTSE answer key will be released by state authorities on different dates.
NTSE 2022result for stage I will be declared along with the cutoff in soon after the exam. Only students who qualify for the NTSE exam 2022 will be called for the stage II exam.
Know About Paper Pattern
- Each stage has two papers- MAT (Mental Ability Test) and SAT (Scholastic Ability Test) of 100 marks each.
- Students will have 4 hours to complete both papers which include 2 hours for each paper.
- Students who qualify both the stages of NTSE 2022 will be awarded scholarships.
- A total of 2000 students will be shortlisted for the NTSE scholarships.
NCERT will conduct the NTSE 2022 stage 2 exam. The admit card for the same will be available to on official website. Students should practice with the previous year's NTSE question papers to prepare for the exam.
NTSE 2022 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||National Talent Search Examination|
|Short Exam Name||NTSE|
|Conducting Body||National Council Of Educational Research and Training|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Languages||Assamese, Bengali +11 More|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||4 Hours|
Every state sets its own eligibility for the NTSE stage 1 examination. However, stage 2 NTSE eligibility will be slated by NCERT. Aspirants should satisfy NTSE eligibility criteria at both stages to appear for the examination. Read below to know the NTSE 2022-23 eligibility criteria before filling the applications.
NTSE Stage 1 Eligibility Criteria
- Students currently enrolled in class 10 from any recognized school/board including Sainik Schools, Kendriya Vidyalaya and Navodaya Vidyalaya were eligible to apply for stage 1 of the NTSE exam 2022-23.
- States cannot impose domicile restrictions for stage 1, however, they may add additional eligibility conditions such as the qualifying score of the previous class.
- Students studying from the open board, below 18 years of age, unemployed and appearing in class 10 for the first time are also eligible to appear for NTSE 2022-23 exam stage 1.
- Only Indian students are allowed to appear for NTSE stage 1 exam.
- Students studying outside India can directly appear in stage 2 exam.
NTSE Stage II Eligibility Criteria
In order to appear for the NTSE stage 2 exam, students should qualify the stage 1 or state-level NTSE 2022-23 exam with the minimum qualifying marks.
For the Continuation of the Scholarship
Candidates must be appearing in the class 10 exam for the first time.
Some states require candidates to score a minimum of 55 % marks in class 9 to apply for NTSE exam 2022.
Indian students studying abroad in Class 10 or equivalent class can directly apply for NTSE stage II. They must obtain at least 60 per cent marks (in aggregate) in class 9th.
NTSE West Bengal Eligibility Criteria
- A student must have cleared class 9 with 50% for general candidates (with a relaxation of 40% for reserved categories) and currently enrolled in class 10.
- A student from the open board is also eligible to apply provided they must have scored 50% for general category (with the relaxation of 40% for reserved category) in their previous exams. They also must be below the age of 18 years.
- Candidates belonging to OBC (non-creamy) as listed in the central list will be treated as OBC here.
- Candidate must choose the district in accordance to the place of their residence.
NTSE Stage 2 Eligibility Criteria
- Students who qualify NTSE stage 1 state wise exam are eligible to sit for NTSE stage 2 exam.
- Every state releases a merit list of students qualified for national level stage 2 exam.
- Foreign nationals can directly apply for stage 2 exam. They are exempted from stage 1 exam.
Mode of Application : Offline
Mode of Payment : Other
State-level authorities are releasing NTSE application form 2022 for the stage 1 exam. Some states are accepting application form through respective schools, while some are releasing NTSE registration 2022 form in online.
Students can download NTSE application form 2022 from the official website of states and UTs or they can collect it from school authorities.
How to Apply for NTSE 2022 in offline mode?
- Contact respective school authority and collect NTSE 2022 form. Fill it will correct details.
- Get the filled application forms signed and attested by the school principal.
- Now, attach the required documents with the application form and submit the same to the school authority.
- The head of schools further submits the completely filled applications to State Liasion Officer before the last date as stated in their application form.
State Level NTSE 2022 Application Form
|State-wise NTSE application link||Mode||Application fee|
|NTSE Karnataka form||Offline||Govt Aided school - Rs 75 (SC/ST – Rs 20)|
Unaided school - Rs. 200 (SC/ST – Rs 50)
|NTSE Andhra Pradesh form||Online||Rs. 200|
|NTSE Assam form||Online||Rs. 250/ for General, Rs. 200/- for SC/ST|
|NTSE Bihar form||Online||Rs. 150 for Gen/ OBC/EWS, Rs. 75 for SC/ST|
|NTSE Chandigarh form||Online||No fee|
|NTSE Chhattisgarh form||Offline||No Fee|
|NTSE Dam Diu||Offline||Rs. 75 for Gen/OBC, Rs. 55 for SC/ST|
|NTSE Delhi form||Online||No fee|
|NTSE Goa form||Offline||No fees|
|NTSE Gujarat form||Online||Rs. 70 for General, Rs. 50 for OBC/SC/ST|
|NTSE Haryana form||Online||Rs 200 for general, Rs 140 for SC/ST/PwD|
|NTSE HP form||Online||Rs. 50 for General, Rs. 40 for reserved|
|NTSE Jammu & Kashmir form||Offline||Rs. 190|
|NTSE Jharkhand form||Offline||General - 200, SC/ST - 100|
|NTSE Karnataka form||Offline||Govt Aided school - Rs 75 (SC/ST – Rs 20), Unaided school - Rs. 200 (SC/ST – Rs 50)|
|NTSE Kerala form||Online||Rs. 250 for General, Rs. 100 for SC/ST/BPL|
|NTSE Madhya Pradesh form||Online||No Fee|
|NTSE Maharashtra form||Online||Rs. 150|
|NTSE Manipur form||Offline||No Fee|
|NTSE Meghalaya||Offline||No fee|
|NTSE Odisha form||Online||No Fee|
|NTSE Puducherry form||Offline||-|
|NTSE Punjab form||Online||No fee|
|NTSE Rajasthan form||Online||Rs. 300/ for General, Rs. 200/ for SC/ST|
|NTSE Sikkim form||Online||No fee|
|NTSE Tamil Nadu form||Online||Rs. 50|
|NTSE Telangana form||Online||Rs. 100|
|NTSE Tripura form||Offline||No Fees|
|NTSE Uttar Pradesh form||Offline||Rs. 50/ for General, Rs. 30/ for SC/ST/PH)|
|NTSE Uttarakhand form||Online||Rs. 200/ for General, Rs. 100/ for SC/ST/PH|
|NTSE West Bengal form||Online||No fee|
NTSE 2022 Application form for Stage 2
Students need not submit an application form for stage 2.
Stage 1 qualifiers will be able to appear directly for stage 2.
NTSE Jammu & Kashmir Application Details
|ST, OBC, SC, General||PWD||Offline||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 110|
NTSE Jharkhand Application Details
|OBC, General||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 100|
|ST, SC||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 50|
NTSE Uttarakhand Application Details
|OBC, General||Offline||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 200|
|ST, SC||PWD||Offline||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 95|
NTSE Kerala Application Details
|OBC, General||Online||Male, Female||₹ 250|
|ST, SC||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 100|
NTSE Bihar Application Details
|OBC, General||Offline||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 100|
|ST, SC||Offline||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 50|
NTSE Maharashtra Application Details
|ST, OBC, SC, General||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 150|
NTSE Telangana Application Details
|ST, OBC, SC, General||Offline||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 100|
NTSE Daman & Diu Application Details
|OBC, General||Online, Offline||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 75|
|ST, SC||Online, Offline||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 55|
Mental ability test
Follow the given tips to prepare for NTSE 2022 stage 1 and stage 2 exam:
- Cover whole syllabus: Students must go through the complete NTSE 2022 syllabus. Analyze your weak areas and work on them.
- Practice Sample Papers: Once the whole syllabus is covered, start practising the sample papers/ old question papers to have a better idea of exam pattern. It also reduces your exam day stress. Moreover, they can be downloaded and practised as many times as required.
- Eat Healthily: Students must eat a balanced diet to avoid falling ill. Also, take breaks in between to keep your mind and body fresh.
- Exercise: Students must also exercise regularly as it helps a lot in de-stressing.
Along with the correct syllabus and examination pattern, students should also follow the right NTSE books. The best books for NTSE preparations are NCERT. However, students can refer to the given books for detailed information
- Study Guide for NTSE National Talent Search Examination Class 10
- Pearson Guide to NTSE Class 10
- Study Package for NTSE by McGraw Hill Education
The exam pattern for stage 1 and stage 2 remain the same. However, the difficulty level of the test may vary. The NTSE 2022-23 exam pattern contains the details of the number of questions asked, marking scheme, the time allotted and much more. The exam pattern for both stages of NTSE is given below.
- Qualifying Marks- Students need to score 32% for SC, ST and PWD category and 40% for the General category in order to qualify for the NTSE 2022.
- To get shortlisted for NTSE Stage II, students have to qualify MAT & SAT separately with minimum cut off marks.
- Test Duration- The test duration is 120 minutes or 2 hours for each paper.
- Exam Mode- The test will be conducted in offline or pen and paper mode.
- Negative Marking- There is no negative marking. Each question carries one mark.
NTSE 2022 Exam Pattern for Stage 1 & 2
|Papers||No. of questions||Marks||Timings|
|Paper I - Mental Ability Test (MAT)||100||100||9:30 am to 11:30 am (till 12 noon for visually challenged candidates)|
|Paper II - Scholastic Ability Test (SAT)||100 (Science40, Mathematics-20, Social Science40)||100||13:30 pm to 15:30 pm (till 16:00 pm for visually challenged candidates)|
- Students can download the previous year's question papers from the official website of SCERTs/ Education department.
- These question papers will help students to understand the NTSE 2022 exam pattern.
- Practising previous year's question papers and NTSE sample papers 2022 will make you ready for the D-day.
- Solving these question papers helps students to know the difficulty level of the examination, type of questions asked, important sections and more.
- It also improves the chances to get through the examination with good marks.
States release the NTSE stage 1 admit card 7-10 days before the exam. NTSE admit card stage 1 for some states is released by respective DGE or SCERT on their official website. While some states will provide stage 1 NTSE 2022 admit card in offline mode through respective schools.
Students can download their NTSE admit card 2022 from the official website or they can collect the same from the respective school authority.
NTSE admit card 2022-23 will include important information such as the candidate’s name, roll number, exam date, and timing and exam centre address. Students must remember that they will not be allowed to enter the NTSE 2022 examination hall without the admit card.
Steps to obtain NTSE Admit Card 2022
- NTSE 2022 admit card for stage 1 is released on different dates.
- In offline mode, students can collect the NTSE stage 1 admit card from their schools.
- To download NTSE 2022 admit card in online mode, visit the official website of SCERT/ Education Department.
- In case any students did not receive the admit card, he or she could visit the State Liaison Officer to obtain their admit card.
- NCERT will release the NTSE 2022 stage 2 admit card on its official website 21 days before the exam date.
- Students are advised to download their respective NTSE hall tickets from the website.
Documents to carry along with NTSE Admit Card 2022
Students need to carry their admit card and a Photo ID proof at the NTSE examination centre. Check the below-given list of ID proofs. Bring anyone in original and a photocopy of the same.
- Adhaar Card
- School ID Card
Stage 2 admit card
The admit card for NTSE stage 2 exam 2022 will be issued online on the official website of NCERT in May 2022. All those students who qualify for stage 2 NTSE exam 2022 must download the admit card. No student is allowed to enter the exam hall without admit card.
NTSE 2022 Exam Centers
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|North Cachar Hills|
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit Card
- Aadhar Card
- School Identity Card
The NTSE answer key for stage 1 will be issued by different SCERTs on the respective official websites. Various coaching centres have released the answer keys for the exam to be held in February 2022. The answers of those keys may vary. Hence, students are suggested to check official answer keys too.
Students will be able to download the answer key for MAT and SAT papers to verify their answers and calculate a probable score. The NTSE 2022 answer key will include the correct answers to each question and paper set.
NTSE answer key is the document which mentions the correct answers in front of the question number. Students can use it to know their probable score by the time result is released.
Download NTSE Stage 1 Answer Key 2022
NCERT will release the stage 2 answer keys for the reference of students that can be downloaded from the main website of NCERT.
The NTSE 2022 result will be made available in the form of a merit list. Students will be able to check their scores, name and roll number in the result file. Students will have to check for their registration number or roll number or name in the merit list.
Only students who qualify the stage 1 will be able to find their name listed in the pdf and will appear in stage 2 of NTSE exam. The result of stage 2 will be announced in September 2022 in the online mode. Students will also be able to check the NTSE cut off along with the result.
Steps to Check NTSE Result 2022
- For stage I, visit the official websites of SCERTs and for stage II, go to the NCERT's official web portal.
- Click the NTSE" section
- A result pdf file will be available there. Students need to click the pdf file to check their MAT & SAT scores.
- The result will only contain the name of selected candidates. If your name is not on the list then you have not qualified for the Interview.
Rechecking of NTSE Result 2022
Students should know that no request for revaluation or rechecking of the result is entertained. They will have the access to their scanned OMR sheets, which will be uploaded on the NCERT website along with the final scoring key so that they can calculate their own score.
NTSE 2022 result date will be separate for each state. Students can check their respective state NTSE result 2022 details:
Check State-wise NTSE Result 2022
- The result of stage 2 exam will be released by NCERT at the national level.
- The stage 2 result of NTSE exam 2022 will be provided online on ncert.nic.in.
- NCERT will publish the NTSE stage 2 result in September 2022 in the form of a merit list of selected candidates for the NTSE scholarship.
Every state releases its separate NTSE stage 1 cutoff. In order to qualify for the exam, students need to obtain the minimum NTSE cutoff marks as specified by the exam conducting bodies. The cutoff announced will be the minimum marks required to shortlist students for the NTSE exam 2022 stage 2. Check the qualifying cutoff for NTSE 2022 and previous year's stage 1 & 2 cut off
Qualifying Marks for NTSE Stage 1 & 2 Exam
Check State-wise NTSE Cutoff 2022
NTSE Stage II Cut off
NCERT will announce the cutoff for stage II of NTSE 2022 exam along with the result in the month of September 2023. The final cutoff for each category will be announced separately.
Qualifying Marks Trend
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:Do I need to apply again for stage II of NTSE?
No, students need not apply again for stage II of NTSE. The application is done only for stage I.
Question:I am reappearing for my class 10 exams this year. Can I apply for NTSE 2022?
No, you can apply for NTSE 2022 scholarship exam only while appearing for class 10 for the first time.
Question:Where can I appear for NTSE stage 1 exam?
Students will have to appear for NTSE 2022 exam at their respective NTSE exam centre.
Question:Is there any negative marking in NTSE 2022 exam?
There is no negative marking in NTSE stage 1 and 2 exam.
Question:How many questions will be asked in NTSE 2022-23 exam?
A total of 200 questions are asked in NTSE 2022-23.
Question:How can I apply for NTSE stage 2 exam?
Stage 1 qualified students need not to register separately for stage 2 NTSE exam 2022. They will be able to download admit card directly from NCERT website.
Question:Can NIOS students apply for NTSE 2022-23 exam?
Yes, NIOS students can apply for NTSE stage 1 exam if their age is below 18 years and they are not employed anywhere.
Question:Who can fill NTSE 2022-23 registration form?
Class 10 students who fulfil all other eligibility conditions can fill NTSE application form 2022-23.
Question:What is NTSE stage 1 exam date?
NTSE stage 1 exam was held in January 2022.
Question:How to prepare for NTSE 2022 exam?
Students should refer to the latest syllabus and study material while preparing for NTSE stage 1 and 2 exams. Check NTSE preparation tips to know more.
Question:Will NTSE stage 2 exam be conducted?
NTSE stage 2 exam will be conducted soon.
Question:How can I register for stage 2 exam?
Stage 1 qualifiers do not need to register for the stage 2 exam but abroad students can register for the NTSE stage 2 exam by sending an application form to NCERT.
Question:How many NTSE scholarships are available?
2000 students will be selected to provide NTSE scholarships.
Question:What is NTSE?
NTSE is a scholarship exam that is conducted every year to provide scholarships to students for their higher studies.
Questions related to NTSE
what is syllabus of NTSE 2023-24
The NTSE Delhi registration form 2023 is made available by the Directorate of Education. The edudel.nic.in official website will host the NTSE Delhi 2023 form. The filled-out NTSE Delhi 2023 application form and admit card must be submitted by students to the head of the school after downloading the documents.
To get complete syllabus, please visit the following link.
Hope this information helps you.
NTSE uttar pradesh 2023-24 registration
The online application for the NTSE is released by the Exam Regulatory Authority, Uttar Pradesh. The online application for the NTSE UP 2023 will be accessible at examregulatoryauthorityup.in. Students in Class 10 in UP who are enrolled in their respective schools are eligible to take the NTSE Uttar Pradesh 2023 exam.
To get the complete information, you can visit our site by clicking on the link given below.
Hope this information helps you.
Ntse question paper west bengal 2021
You can download NTSE West Bengal question papers by visiting our page the link for the same is provided below:-
Solving these papers will be very beneficial for you, it will help you to :-
------) know the pattern of the examination.
------) know the kind / types of questions which are there in your examination.
------) it will give you an idea of the difficulty level of the examination .
------) you will get to know the important topics which are covered and asked often in the exam , so that you can accordingly plan for your examination.
------) it will help you to check and gauge your level for preparation for the examination,
------) it will let you know your areas or the topics you are weak at so that you can work on them and can perform even better in your examination.
------) will help you to improve your time management skills so that in your actual examination you can solve questions with better speed and accuracy .
Good luck for your NTSE examination preparation.
I hope that you find this helpful.
can I apply for NTSE west bengal form fillup for 2021-2022 on 29/10/21?
Directorate of School Education, West Bengal will release the application form for the NTSE exam in October 2021, tentatively. The application form concludes in the month of november.The NTSE West Bengal 2021-22 application form will be released on the official website scholarships.wbsed.gov.in.
how do we access application form for ntse karnataka exam 2021-22
KSEEB will release the application form for Karnataka NTSE in the month of October 2021, tentatively. Students appearing in Class 10 exams are eligible to apply for the NTSE Karnataka 2021-22. The application forms are not yet released. Keep an eye on the official website for the latest information. The NTSE Karnataka 2022 stage 1 exam is expected to be held in the month of December 2021. The NTSE 2022 stage 2 will be conducted at the national level by NCERT. The NTSE Karnataka 2021-22 exam will be conducted in pen and paper mode.State level exam conducting authorities release NTSE registration forms 2021-22 in online and offline mode.