About NTSE 2021
National Talent Search Examination (NTSE) is an offline scholarship exam for class 10 students to encourage higher studies in the field of Science and Social science. This exam is conducted by NCERT at two stages. SCERT or other authority of the respective state conducts stage 1 at the state level and stage 2 exam is held by NCERT at the national level. NCERT has released the notification of the NTSE 2020-21 exam online on its website ncert.nic.in.
Latest update: The final NTSE answer key 2021 released for stage 1 exam. Download now.
- NTSE Himachal Pradesh admit card has been released on February 12, 2021.
- NTSE Jammu and Kashmir exam 2020-21 will now be conducted on February 6, 2021.
- NTSE question papers 2021 available for some states.
- Stage 1 admit cards for December 12 and 13 exams were released in the second week of December 2020.
- NTSE exam 2021 (Stage 1) was held on December 12 for Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Andaman & Nicobar Islands. For other states (Except the below and above-mentioned states), the stage 1 NTSE 2021 exam has been conducted on December 13, 2020.
- Stage 1 exam in Punjab has been conducted on December 20, 2020, Tamil Nadu will be conducted on December 27, 2020. For Odisha, the exam was held on January 3, 2021. NTSE West Bengal, Bihar and Kerala Stage 1 exam will be conducted on January 24, 2021. In Himachal Pradesh and Telangana, it will be held on February 21, 2021.
- The results will be released separately by all states. Some will release it in form of a merit list while some will make it available online through the login window.
- Students who pass the NTSE 2021 stage 1 exam will be eligible for the stage 2 exam.
- Stage 2 NTSE exam 2021 will be conducted on June 13, 2021, by NCERT at the national level.
Know About Paper Pattern
- Each stage has two papers- MAT (Mental Ability Test) and SAT (Scholastic Ability Test) of 100 marks each.
- Students will have 4 hours to complete both papers which include 2 hours for each paper.
- Students who qualify both the stages of NTSE 2021 will be awarded scholarships.
- A total of 2000 students will be shortlisted for the NTSE scholarships.
NTSE 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||National Talent Search Examination|
|Short Exam Name||NTSE|
|Conducting Body||National Council Of Educational Research and Training|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Languages||Assamese, Bengali +11 More|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||4 Hours|
NTSE 2021 Important Dates
NTSE Andhra Pradesh (Session 2021)
Upcoming Dates and Events
28 Feb, 2021
Exam - Stage I exam | Mode: Offline Today
NTSE Stage 2 (Session 2021)
Upcoming Dates and Events
13 Jun, 2021
Exam | Mode: Offline
NTSE 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Students currently enrolled in class 10 from any recognized school/board including Sainik Schools, Kendriya Vidyalaya and Navodaya Vidyalaya were eligible to apply for stage 1 of the NTSE exam 2021.
- States cannot impose domicile restrictions for stage 1, however, they may add additional eligibility conditions such as qualifying score of the previous class.
- Students studying from the open board, below 18 years of age, unemployed and appearing in class 10 for the first time are also eligible to appear for NTSE 2021 stage 1.
- Only Indian students are allowed to appear for NTSE stage 1 exam.
- Students studying outside India can directly appear in stage 2 exam.
NTSE West Bengal Eligibility Criteria
- A student must have cleared class 9 with 50% for general candidates (with a relaxation of 40% for reserved categories) and currently enrolled in class 10.
- A student from the open board is also eligible to apply provided they must have scored 50% for general category (with the relaxation of 40% for reserved category) in their previous exams. They also must be below the age of 18 years.
- Candidates belonging to OBC (non-creamy) as listed in the central list will be treated as OBC here.
- Candidate must choose the district in accordance to the place of their residence.
NTSE Stage 2 Eligibility Criteria
- Students who qualify NTSE stage 1 state wise exam are eligible to sit for NTSE stage 2 exam.
- Every state releases a merit list of students qualified for national level stage 2 exam.
- Foreign nationals can directly apply for stage 2 exam. They are exempted from stage 1 exam.
Mode of Application : Offline
Mode of Payment : Other
State-level authorities are releasing NTSE application form 2021 for stage 1 exam. Some states are accepting application form through respective schools, while some are releasing NTSE registration 2021 form in online. Students can download NTSE application form 2021 from the official website of states and UTs or they can collect it from school authorities.
How to Apply for NTSE 2021 in offline mode?
- Contact respective school authority and collect NTSE 2021 form. Fill it will correct details.
- Get the filled application forms signed and attested by the school principal.
- Now, attach the required documents with the application form and submit the same to the school authority.
- The head of schools further submits the completely filled applications to State Liasion Officer before the last date as stated in their application form.
State Level NTSE 2021 Application Form
|State-wise NTSE application link||Mode||Application fee|
|NTSE Karnataka form (Released)||Offline||Govt Aided school - Rs 75 (SC/ST – Rs 20)|
Unaided school - Rs. 200 (SC/ST – Rs 50)
|NTSE Andhra Pradesh form (Released)||Online||Rs. 200|
|NTSE Assam form (Released)||Online||Rs. 250/ for General, Rs. 200/- for SC/ST|
|NTSE Bihar form (Released)||Online||Rs. 150 for Gen/ OBC/EWS, Rs. 75 for SC/ST|
|NTSE Chandigarh form||Online||No fee|
|NTSE Chhattisgarh form (Released)||Offline||No Fee|
|NTSE Dam Diu||Offline||Rs. 75 for Gen/OBC, Rs. 55 for SC/ST|
|NTSE Delhi form (Released)||Online||No fee|
|NTSE Goa form (Released)||Offline||No fees|
|NTSE Gujarat form (Released)||Online||Rs. 70 for General, Rs. 50 for OBC/SC/ST|
|NTSE Haryana form (Released)||Online||Rs 200 for general, Rs 140 for SC/ST/PwD|
|NTSE HP form (Released)||Online||Rs. 50 for General, Rs. 40 for reserved|
|NTSE Jammu & Kashmir form (Released)||Offline||Rs. 190|
|NTSE Jharkhand form (Released)||Offline||General - 200, SC/ST - 100|
|NTSE Karnataka form (Released)||Offline||Govt Aided school - Rs 75 (SC/ST – Rs 20), Unaided school - Rs. 200 (SC/ST – Rs 50)|
|NTSE Kerala form (Released)||Online||Rs. 250 for General, Rs. 100 for SC/ST/BPL|
|NTSE Madhya Pradesh form (Released)||Online||No Fee|
|NTSE Maharashtra form (Released)||Online||Rs. 150|
|NTSE Manipur form (Released)||Offline||No Fee|
|NTSE Meghalaya (Released)||Offline||No fee|
|NTSE Odisha form (Released)||Online||No Fee|
|NTSE Puducherry form||Offline||-|
|NTSE Punjab form (Released)||Online||No fee|
|NTSE Rajasthan form (Released)||Online||Rs. 300/ for General, Rs. 200/ for SC/ST|
|NTSE Sikkim form (Released)||Online||No fee|
|NTSE Tamil Nadu form (Released)||Online||Rs. 50|
|NTSE Telangana form (Released)||Online||Rs. 100|
|NTSE Tripura form (Released)||Offline||No Fees|
|NTSE Uttar Pradesh form (Released)||Offline||Rs. 50/ for General, Rs. 30/ for SC/ST/PH)|
|NTSE Uttarakhand form (Released)||Online||Rs. 200/ for General, Rs. 100/ for SC/ST/PH|
|NTSE West Bengal form (Released)||Online||No fee|
NTSE Jammu & Kashmir Application Details
|SC, General, OBC, ST||PWD||Offline||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 110|
NTSE Jharkhand Application Details
|General, OBC||PWD||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 100|
|SC, ST||PWD||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 50|
NTSE Uttarakhand Application Details
|General, OBC||Offline||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 200|
|SC, ST||PWD||Offline||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 95|
NTSE Himachal Pradesh Application Details
|General||Offline||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 50|
|SC, OBC, ST||Offline||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 40|
NTSE Kerala Application Details
|General, OBC||Online||Male, Female||₹ 250|
|SC, ST||PWD||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 100|
NTSE Bihar Application Details
|General, OBC||Offline||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 100|
|SC, ST||Offline||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 50|
NTSE Maharashtra Application Details
|SC, General, OBC, ST||PWD||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 150|
NTSE Telangana Application Details
|SC, General, OBC, ST||Offline||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 100|
NTSE Daman & Diu Application Details
|General, OBC||Offline, Online||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 75|
|SC, ST||Offline, Online||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 55|
NTSE 2021 Syllabus
Mental ability test
Follow the given tips to prepare for NTSE 2021 stage 1 and stage 2 exam:
- Cover whole syllabus: Students must go through the complete NTSE 2021 syllabus. Analyze your weak areas and work on them.
- Practice Sample Papers: Once the whole syllabus is covered, start practising the sample papers/ old question papers to have a better idea of exam pattern. It also reduces your exam day stress. Moreover, they can be downloaded and practised as many times as required.
- Eat Healthily: Students must eat a balanced diet to avoid falling ill. Also, take breaks in between to keep your mind and body fresh.
- Exercise: Students must also exercise regularly as it helps a lot in de-stressing.
According to the NTSE 2021 exam pattern, the exam for stage 1 and 2 is a multiple choice test consisting of two parts of 2 hours each-
Part 1: MAT (Mental Ability Test)- It comprises 100 questions of 1 mark each aim at testing the logical and analytical ability of the child.
Part 2: SAT (Scholastic Aptitude Test)- It also comprises of 100 questions divided into Social Science (40), Science (40) and Mathematics (20). It aims at testing the subject knowledge of the child.
NTSE 2021 Mock Test
- Candidates preparing for NTSE 2021 exam should download previous years NTSE question papers and sample papers.
- Practising with NTSE 2021 question papers are the best source for exam preparation.
- Students can download the last year's papers and solve them as sample papers.
- Solving these question papers helps students to know the difficulty level of the examination, type of questions asked, important sections and more.
NTSE admit card 2020-21 for HP, Kerala, Odisha, Jharkhand, Haryana, Rajasthan, Delhi and Madhya Pradesh has been released. NTSE West Bengal admit card 2021 can be downloaded between January 10 to 22, 2021. NTSE admit card for stage 1 for other states has been released by respective DGE or SCERT on their official website in the first week of December 2020. While some state will provide stage 1 NTSE 2021 admit card in offline mode through respective schools. Students can download their NTSE admit card 2021 from the official website or they can collect the same from the respective school authority.
Stage 2 admit card
The admit card for NTSE stage 2 exam 2021 will be issued online on the official website of NCERT in April 2021. All those students who qualify for stage 2 NTSE exam 2021 must download the admit card. No student is allowed to enter the exam hall without admit card.
NTSE 2021 Exam Centers
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
|North Cachar Hills|
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit Card
- Aadhar Card
- School Identity Card
NTSE Answer key 2021 for stage 1 exam has been released by some state-level authorities, while others will release the official answer keys within a week after NTSE exam.
NTSE answer key is the document which mentions the correct answers in front of the question number. Students can use it to know their probable score by the time result is released. NTSE stage 2 answer key is published by NCERT within a few days after the conduction of the exam.
Download NTSE Stage 1 Answer Key 2021
The stage 1 NTSE exam result 2021 will be declared by state-level exam conducting authorities. Some will release it online while few will release NTSE 2021 result in offline mode. Along with the NTSE stage 1 result, cutoff and merit list of selected candidates is also released. Qualified candidates have to appear in NTSE stage 2 exam.
NTSE 2021 result date will be separate for each state. Students can check their respective state NTSE result 2021 details:
Check State-wise NTSE Result 2021
- The result of stage 2 exam will be released by NCERT at the national level.
- The stage 2 result of NTSE exam 2021 will be provided online on ncert.nic.in.
- NCERT will publish the NTSE stage 2 result in August 2021 in the form of a merit list of selected candidates for the NTSE scholarship.
- NTSE cutoff 2021 is the minimum score a candidate must obtain in order to qualify for the next stage.
- The stage 1 cut off are released by the states while stage 2 cut off will be released by NCERT.
- Students should attain a minimum 40% marks to qualify the examination while the minimum qualifying marks for physically handicapped students is 32%.
Check State-wise NTSE Cutoff 2021
Qualifying Marks Trend
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: What is NTSE?
NTSE is a scholarship exam which is conducted every year to provide scholarships to students for higher studies.
Question: How many students are selected in stage 1 exam?
Around 8500 students are selected in stage 1 exam who will appear for the stage 2 exam.
Question: How many NTSE scholarships are available?
2000 students will be selected to provide NTSE scholarships.
Question: How can I register for stage 2 exam?
Stage 1 qualifiers do not need to register for stage 2 exam but abroad students can register for NTSE stage 2 exam by sending an application form to NCERT.
Question: Will NTSE stage 2 exam be conducted?
NTSE 2021 stage 2 exam will be conducted on June 13, 2021.
Question: How to prepare for NTSE 2021 exam?
Students should refer to the latest syllabus and study material while preparing for NTSE stage 1 and 2 exams. Check NTSE preparation tips to know more.
Question: What is NTSE stage 1 exam date?
NTSE Stage 1 exam was held on December 12 and 13, 2020 for most of the states. For other states, it will be conducted on different dates.
Question: Who can fill NTSE 2021 registration form?
Class 10 students who fulfil all other eligibility conditions can fill NTSE 2021 application form.
Question: Can NIOS students apply for NTSE 2021 exam?
Yes, NIOS students can apply for NTSE stage 1 exam if their age is below 18 years and they are not employed anywhere.
Question: How can I apply for NTSE stage 2 exam?
Stage 1 qualified students need not to register separately for stage 2 NTSE exam 2021. They will be able to download admit card directly from NCERT website.
Question: How many questions will be asked in NTSE 2021 exam?
A total of 200 questions will be asked in NTSE 2021.
Question: Is there any negative marking in NTSE 2021 exam?
There is no negative marking in NTSE stage 1 and 2 exam.
Question: Where can I appear for NTSE stage 1 exam?
Students will have to appear for NTSE 2021 exam at their respective NTSE exam centre 2021.
Question: When will NTSE 2021 stage 2 admit card 2021 be released?
NTSE exam 2021 admit card for stage 2 exam will be released in the month of April/May 2021.
Question: When will official NTSE stage 2 answer key 2021 be released?
The official stage 2 NTSE 2021 answer key will be released in the last week of June 2021.
Questions related to NTSE
i am getting 158 marks in ntse stage 1 karnataka (general) 2021-22. will i have a chance to get shortlisted for ntse stage 2?
Last year cutoff NTSE is high. So this year your marks is not proper for getting 2nd stage of NTSE. Because 158 is not bad markd but its low from last year. And you know every year cut-off marks will differ. Infact any year it will be high or any year low. So it's quite difficult to predict that you can go for NTSE stage 2 or not. But genaral candidate cutoff should be 40%.
All the best.
how much other state NTSE scholar can get weight age or benefit in rank for iiitd
IIIT DELHI gives 2 bonus points in admission for NTSE.
National Talent Search scholarship:
2 points, if a student has won this scholarship. If a student obtains scholarship in a specific category, then he/she can only be considered for admission in that category. Supporting documents needed: Certificate/grant letter.
I hope my answer helps. All the very best for your future endeavors!
i am getting 155 in ntse stage-1 mp 2020-21 so,whether i should prepare for ntse stage-2 ;yes or no
Since you have not mentioned your category so considering it as General category.
See on such score you can easily qualify NTSE stage 1 and also have very less chances of being shortlisted for stage 2 because the expected cut-off for shortlisting of candidate for stage 2 from MP is 175-185 for General category.
NTSE MP expected cut-off for 2021 :-
Cut off Range
So it shows that you have some chances to be qualified for stage 2 but still we have to wait because the cut-off mentioned above is only the expected cut-off. So you should prepare for NTSE stage 2 because yet the accurate cut-offs are not out. Anything can happen.
Cut off depends upon various factors such as the difficulty level of stage 1 exam, MP State quota, number of students appeared in the stage 1 exam, last year's NTSE MP cutoff and so on.
You can also check out complete details about the expected cut-offs for NTSE MP 2021 from the link given below :-
I hope this information helps you.
I am getting 169 marks in NTSE stage 1 maharashtra 2020-21 in general catagory. As per past years pattern if we calculate the marks will be 167.53( after deduction the bonus marks for conversion). Any chance to qualify for stage 2 ?
cutoff score changes every year and it depends on some of the factors like number of applicants, questions difficulty level, seat matrix, number of participants, students category etc. however the expected cutoff for general category of maharastra state is 170-180, so it would be difficult chance for you to qualify for second round. however donot loose the hope and wait till the final result is declared.
do follow the careers360 website to get latest exam notifications and career related updates.
Is punjab ntse 2020-21 result released ?
Yes, National Talent Search Examination ( punjab) 2020-21is conducted in two stages (stage 1 & stage 2).State council of educational research and Training Punjab has already announced the NTSE stage 1 punjab result 2021 in the last week of Jan 2021.NTSE 2021 Punjab result is available in the official website ( www.ssapunjab.org).
For more details you can check in the link given below
Hope this information will help you