NTSE Uttar Pradesh 2020-21 (Stage 1 & 2)- Exam Date, Application Form, Answer Key, Result, Cutoff
NTSE Uttar Pradesh 2020-21 Registration Form: Exam Regulatory Authority, Uttar Pradesh will release NTSE UP 2020 stage 1 form in the third week of October 2020. NTSE UP application form 2020-21 will be made available online on www.examregulatoryauthorityup.in. The last date to fill NTSE form 2020 Uttar Pradesh stage 1 will fall in the second week of November 2020. Class 10 students studying in UP are eligible for NTSE Uttar Pradesh 2020-21 exam through respective schools. After NTSE Form 2020, the authority will release NTSE UP admit card 2020-21 in the first week of December 2020. Students can collect their NTSE Uttar Pradesh admit card 2020-21 from respective school or exam centre. NTSE Uttar Pradesh 2020 stage 1 exam will be conducted on December 13, 2020. After NTSE exam, the answer key will be published in the third or fourth week of December 2020. NTSE UP result 2021 will be announced online in the month of March 2021. Students can check the merit list to know if they are selected for the stage II exam or not. NCERT will conduct the stage 2 exam and finally, selected candidates will be able to avail the NTSE UP 2020-21 scholarship. Read further, for more details about stage 1 NTSE Uttar Pradesh 2020-21, dates, application form, result, cutoff, etc.
Latest: Tentative UP Board 10th time table 2021 available. Check now.
NTSE UP 2020-21 Dates
First of all, students should students go through NTSE important dates to know the overview and dates related to the NTSE UP form 2020. They should keep the following dated in mind while planning their study for NTSE 2021.
NTSE UP 2020 Registration Form Dates
|Application form releasing date||Third week of October 2020|
|Application concludes||Second week of November 2020|
|Admit cards||First week of December 2020|
|NTSE Uttar Pradesh 2020-21 exam||December 13, 2020|
|Stage 1 NTSE UP answer key||Third or fourth week of December 2020|
|NTSE Uttar Pradesh Result & Cutoff||Third week of March 2021|
|NTSE admit card for stage 2||April/May 2021|
|NTSE Stage 2 exam||June 13, 2020|
Also, check UP Board result 2021 date and details.
NTSE Uttar Pradesh Eligibility Criteria 2020-21
Students will have to fulfil the following NTSE eligibility criteria to apply for stage 1 exam of NTSE UP 2020-21:
- A student must be passed class 9 exams and scored 55% marks in aggregate and SC/ST can apply with 44% marks in 9th.
- A student must be studying in class 10 during the academic year 2019-20 in a school located in Uttar Pradesh.
- Open or distance learning students can also apply for the exam.
- Student’s age should be less than 18 years, and should not be employed.
NTSE Uttar Pradesh Form 2020-21
The authority provides the NTSE registration form Uttar Pradesh in online mode and offline mode through the examination centres. Students need to fill the NTSE UP form 2020-21 properly and attach all the required documents. They will have to submit the NTSE 2021 application form before the last date. A step by step process to fill the NTSE UP application form 202021 is given below:
- Collect the application form from the respective examination centre or download NTSE UP application form and take a printout.
- Fill all the details in the form and paste a passport size photograph at a specified place.
- Attach other documents as required such as SC/ST/OBC students need to attach a copy of their caste certificate and PH students will have to attach their disability certificate.
- In the next, they will have to pay the examination fee through bank and attach this bank pay slip along with the form.
- After this, submit the application form to the respective exam centres.
NTSE UP Application fee: The authority prescribed the examination fee of Rs. 50/- for general category, and Rs. 30/- for reserved categories, which is mandatory to be paid.
Click here to download NTSE UP application form 2020-21 of last year.
- Students applying for NTSE UP 2020-21 exam must know the syllabus to be aware of topics, they need to study.
- There is no prescribed syllabus for NTSE but this exam is divided into two sections: MAT and SAT. Questions are asked based on the 9th and 10th class UP board syllabus and CBSE curriculum.
- MAT section consists of verbal and non-verbal reasoning. Questions will be asked from Analogy, Series, Classification, Water images, Embedded figure and other topics
- SAT sections are prepared on the basis of class 10 and 9 syllabus of Science, Maths and Social Science subjects.
- Get detailed topic-wise syllabus using the link given above and NTSE Syllabus overview is provided below:
|Mental Ability Test||Series - Inserting the Missing Character Blood Relations Alphabet Test Averages Speed, Distance & Time Arithmetic Reasoning Coding Decoding Direction Sense Test Time & Work.|
Number, Ranking & Time Sequence Test - Clock Data Sufficiency Equation, Ratio, Proportion & Variation Calendar Logical Venn Diagram Syllogism Counting number of Figures Input-Output Statement, Assumption & Conclusion
Puzzles - Data Interpretation Basics of Number System Figure Series, Analogy & Classification Paper Folding, Unfolding, Cutting & Dot Situation Mirror & Water Images Figure Matrix.
Classification - Analogy Percentages Profit, Loss & Discount Allegations or Mixtures Simple and Compound Interest Cubes and Dice Fundamental Principle of Counting; Data Inequality.
|Scholastic Ability Test||Physics - Current Electricity Motion Magnetic Effects of Current Sources of Energy Laws of motion Light, Reflection & Refraction Work, Energy & Power Eye Gravitation Fluid Waves and Sound.|
Chemistry - Chemical Reactions & Equations Acids, Base & Salts Is Matter Around Us Pure? Metals & Non-Metals Alkaline Earth Metals Atoms & Molecules and Mole Concept. Carbon & Its Compound; Structure of Atom Matter in our surroundings Periodic properties
Biology - Nutrition Respiration Transportation Excretion Cell Improvement in Food Resources Tissue Control & Coordination DLO Natural Resources Reproduction in Plants and Animals Heredity and Evolution Environment Diseases
Mathematics - Number System, Real Numbers Polynomials, Factor & Remainder Theorem Surds, Indices & Exponents. Triangles Quadrilaterals Area of Parallelograms and Triangles Heron’s Formula Linear Equations in Two Variables Quadratic Equations Arithmetic Progression Trigonometry Application of Trigonometry Circles Areas related to Circles Surface Area and Volume Probability Statistics Co-ordinate geometry
Social Sciences -
History - The French Revolution Russian Revolution Nazism and the Rise of Hitler Forest Society and Colonialism The Making of the Global World Age of Industrialization Print Culture and the Modern World Novels, Society and History Resources and Development; Natural Vegetation Water Resource Pastoralists in the Modern World Clothing: A Social History Work, Life and Leisure The Story of Cricket
Geography - India, Size and Location Physical Features of India Drainage. Political Science Democracy in the Contemporary World What is Democracy Why Democracy? Resources and Development Natural Vegetation Water Resources Climate Mineral and Energy Resources; Agriculture Population Manufacturing IndustriesEconomics -
Story of Village Palampur People as Resource Development Sectors of the Indian Economy Poverty as a Challenge facing India Money and Credit Consumer Rights Globalization and the Indian Economy Food Security
NTSE Uttar Pradesh 2020 Admit Card
- The admit card of NTSE UP 2020-21 stage 1 exam is made available in offline mode.
- Students need to collect their NTSE admit card 2021 from Chief Superintendent on the examination centre.
- The releasing date of NTSE Uttar Pradesh admit card is not provided in official notification but students can contact respective exam centre to know about their NTSE UP hall ticket 2020-21. The exam centre list is shown in the following image.
- NTSE UP admit card 2020-21 is mandatory to carry to the exam hall as no student is allowed to enter without hall ticket.
- Any calculator, mathematical and physical table or any other material is not allowed to carry in the exam hall.
NTSE UP Exam Centre List of last year
- NCERT designed the pattern of stage 1 and stage 2 exam. Student should go through NTSE UP 2020-21 exam pattern to get an overview of the exam so that they can devise a strategy to ace the exam.
- Stage 1 NTSE UP 2020-21 exam will consist of 200 questions which will carry 200 questions.
- Students will have a total of 240 minutes to solve these questions.
- There will be no marking scheme and 1 mark will be added for each correct answer.
NTSE Uttar Pradesh Exam Pattern 2020-21
|Particulars||Mental Ability Test (MAT)||Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)|
|Number of questions||100 questions||Science-40|
Social Science - 40
|Duration||120 minutes||120 minutes|
How to prepare for NTSE UP stage 1 2020-21 exam?
- After knowing the syllabus and exam pattern, students need to make a study time table for their studies including time for their hobbies and interests.
- They will have to manage their preparation along with their regular classes. For SAT section, candidates can prepare through their regular studies as syllabus for both is almost the same. For MAT section, they should grasp the concepts from their mentors or teachers.
- Clear each doubt to keep the concepts remember and make notes on important topics to revise the entire syllabus in short.
- Then they should practise with NTSE question papers to analyze their preparation level. In this way, they will come to know about their shortcomings and they can improve them with more preparation.
- Do light exercise and take proper rest to keep the mind fresh.
- Go through NTSE exam analysis to know about the subject-wise, section-wise analysis of the previous year.
Related UP 10th Links
Practising is a crucial step for each and every exam. So a candidate appearing for NTSE stage 1 UP 2020-21 exam must practise with the question papers and NTSE sample papers. It will make them familiar with the types of questions and the number of questions asked in the exam. Students can download NTSE previous years MAT and SAT questions using the link given above.
NTSE Uttar Pradesh Answer Key 2020-21
- Exam Regulatory authority releases the official answer key of NTSE UP which consist of right answers to all the questions asked in NTSE stage 1 UP exam.
- Students should match their answers with the answers mentioned in the NTSE answer key.
- In such a way, they will be able to estimate their probable score before the declaration of result.
- Match this score with NTSE cutoff marks to know the chances of selection for stage 2 exam
NTSE Uttar Pradesh Reservation system
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||27%|
NCERT prescribed the qualifying marks for stage 1 and stage 2 exam which is 40% and 32% of marks in each exam for General and reserved category candidates respectively. Selection for stage 2 depends on NTSE UP cutoff 2021 marks NTSE Cutoff UP 2021 will be released by the authority in March 2021 along with the result. NTSE UP cutoff marks of the previous year are given in the following table.
NTSE 2020 Uttar Pradesh Cutoff
|Category||Overall cutoff marks|
NTSE UP Cutoff 2019
Overall cutoff marks
After the exam, students will look eagerly for NTSE stage 1 UP result 2021 date. The authority will release NTSE UP 2021 result stage 1 in the third week of March 2021. Students will be able to view their NTSE result 2021 on the official website in the form of merit list. This NTSE UP merit list 2021 will mention selected students' basic details along with marks details. These candidates will go for stage 2 exam conducted by NCERT.
NTSE Scholarships 2021
Around 2000 candidates will be selected for stage 2 exam. Finally selected students after NTSE stage 2 result will avail scholarships. Scholarship rates are given below:
NTSE UP 2021 Scholarship Amount
Classes 11th to 12th
Rs. 1,250 per month
Rs. 2,000 per month
Rs. 2,000 per month
As per UGC norms.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - NTSE Uttar Pradesh 2020-21 (Stage 1 & 2)- Exam Date, Application Form, Answer Key, Result, Cutoff
Question: Who will conduct NTSE UP 2020-21 stage 1 exam?
Exam Regulatory Authority, Uttar Pradesh conducts the NTSE UP stage 1 exam in all the districts of the state.
Question: When will NTSE UP 2020 form be released?
NTSE UP 2020-21 form is expected to be released in the third week of October 2020.
Question: Can open school students apply for NTSE Uttar Pradesh 2020-21 stage 1 exam?
Yes, open school students can apply for NTSE UP 2020 stage 1 exam, if their age is less than 18 years, and are not employed anywhere.
NTSE Kerala 2020-21 - SCERT, Kerala has extended the NTSE stag...
NTSE Sikkim Question Papers 2020-21 - SCERT will release the N...
NTSE UP Question Papers 2020-21 - Solve and practice NTSE UP q...
Questions related to NTSE
Can 12th passout students apply for NTSe
Students studying in class 10 are eligible to appear in the NTSE 2021 exam. It must be noted that Indian students studying abroad can appear directly for the stage 2 exam. NTSE Exam 2021 stage 1 will be conducted on December 12 and 13, 2020. Those students who will qualify stage 1 exam will be eligible for the stage 2 exam to be conducted on June 13, 2021.
All the best friend!
if I make the mistake about the total Marks of Class ix final result in the application form of NTSE EXAM 2021, please tell me what should I do about?
You may contact your state liaison office, however it entirely depends on the kind of mistake you have made in the form. You may get their contact information from your state's SCERT site. You can also get their contact information from https://school.careers360.com/articles/ntse-application-form
Hope this information helps
Best of luck
is there any problem if we dont submit income certificate on ntse form fill up
As per your queries, in NTSE form if it is compelsary to attach or submit income certificate i.e, if that is marked as compelsary then the income certificate should be attached or submitted if not then no need to worry if you have not attached the income certificate.
how to prepare for ntse exam IM from Odisha can anyone help me
Understand the NTSE 2020 Syllabus. Check NTSE 2020 Exam Pattern. Understand your strengths and weaknesses. Take mock tests. Revise regularly. Get answers to your doubts.
You can join a coaching like Aakash or any other in your locality . They will provide you with appropriate study material. If you are doing self study ; then purchase NTSE book of Arihant. Solve it completely. Daily study for atleast 2 hours.
All the best friend!
previous year question paper of NTSE karnataka
I will provide you with some links that can help you in finding the papers.
these links have previous year papers and sample papers.
i hope it helps you