About NIOS 10th 2019
National Institute of Open Schooling organizes (NIOS) 10th class exam twice a year in April and October for Block I and Block II, respectively. In 2018, the exams were held between April 4 – 26, 2018 for April session and from October 8 to November 5, 2018 for October session. Admit cards of NIOS 10th 2019 will be released online in March for April session and September for October session. The result of NIOS 10th 2019 will also be released online in June and November for both sessions respectively. Students wishing to appear for NIOS class 10th 2019 are required to submit certain documents like their ID proof, address proof, Marksheet of class 8th attested by Gazetted Officer and duly filled admission form with passport size pictures.
|Frequency:||2 times a Year|
|Languages||English, Hindi +1 More|
|Conducting Body:||National Institute of Open Schooling|
Download all details about NIOS 10th 2019Download Brochure
NIOS 10th 2019 Important Dates
|13 Nov, 2018 (Tentative)||Result - October Session | Mode: Online|
|01 Mar, 2019 (Tentative)||Admit Card - April Session (Block 1) - Available | Mode: Online|
|04 Apr, 2019 - 26 Apr, 2019 (Tentative)||Exam - April Session | Mode: Offline|
|01 Jun, 2019 (Tentative)||Result - April Session | Mode: Online|
|01 Sep, 2019 (Tentative)||Admit Card - October Session (Block 2) - Available | Mode: Online|
|06 Oct, 2019 - 03 Nov, 2019 (Tentative)||Exam - October Session | Mode: Offline|
NIOS 10th 2019 Eligibility Criteria
NIOS 10th Eligibility Criteria 2019 are the minimum requirements to be met by the candidates in order to be eligible to sit for the exam. The eligibility criteria for NIOS 10th exam is:
- Students are required to present some documents like address proof, photo ID proof, mark sheet of class 8th etc
- The class 8th mark sheet must be attested by a gazetted officer.
- Student must have filled the application form for NIOS class 10th 2019 and submitted it along with passport sized photos.
NIOS 10th 2019 Application Process
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
|General||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 990|
|OBC||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 990|
|SC||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 990|
|ST||PWD||Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 990|
NIOS gives admission in various streams twice a year. The admission can be taken on the official website which has been provided on this page. Follow the step by step guide given below to apply for NIOS Class 10th 2019 exam:
Step 1 : Visit the official website given on this page
Step 2 : Click on 'Register' button
Step 3 : Read the instructions given carefully
Step 4 : Click on 'Proceed' button
Step 5 : Select your State
Step 6 : Select the 'Identity Type' (Aadhar Card/Passport/Ration Card etc.)
Step 7 : Enter the number of selected 'Identity Type'
Step 8 : Select Course (Secondary/10th)
Step 9 : Application Form will appear
Step 10 : Fill Basic and Optional information, select your subjects, select study center
Step 11 : Upload your photo, identity documents and other documents (Caste Certificate, Past marksheet)
Step 12 : Click on Generate OTP
Step 13 : Revise the application form
Step 14 : Make payment by selecting appropriate payment gateway
NIOS's guidelines tell us that admission to 10th standard is done in 3 streams. The admissions in these streams are mutually exclusive and a student can opt for only one of them.
- Stream 1: The admission is open in two blocks (Block I or Block II) in a year for all students and freshers. The exam is conducted in April/May for Block I students and in October/ November for Block II students.
- Stream 2: For students who failed in exam conducted by recognised boards in 2018. These students can appear for NIOS class 10th exam conducted in October/November to clear the exam in the same year.
- Stream 3: This stream is open for admission through out the year and includes students who passed Secondary from a recognized Board and want to take part admission in one subject or up to 4 subjects for updating their qualification or improving their marks or for students or those who failed the exam by recognised boards to appear through On-Demand Examination System (ODES) at Secondary Level.
NIOS 10th 2019 Preparation Tips
Due to lack of regular classes for the students of Open Schooling, it is important for them to study with discipline. Here are some handy tips to help you prepare for the NIOS class 10th 2019:
- Study Plan: It is pivotal for students of Open Schools to make a study plan and follow it through. Discipline is central to success and making a study plan will help inculcate discipline in your studies
- Know the syllabus: Knowing the syllabus by heart is the first step to prepare for NIOS class 10th 2019. Knowing syllabus enables you to segregate the syllabus in groups which will help you to organize it better in your study plan.
- Get the study material: Lack of textbooks only makes the job harder. To avoid this, get textbooks for help and reference and study them. You can also use internet and ask help of your friends if you are stuck on something.
- Make short term study goals: Making short terms study goals gives you a sense of accomplishment and helps you to be focused. Short term study goals divide your syllabus and it doesn't feel as gargantuan as it might.
- Study sample papers: Sample papers, previous year question papers and mock tests grill you for the day of your exam. It is important to study sample papers as it gives you a boost of confidence and makes you feel prepared.
NIOS 10th 2019 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern for NIOS class 10th 2019 varies largely in two groups. The subject-wise time duration is as follows:
Papers with 2.5 hours duration and 85 maximum marks:
- Science & Technology, Home Science.
Papers with 3 hours duration and 100 maximum marks:
- Hindi, English, Social Studies, Business Studies, Psychology, Sanskrit, Mathematics, Indian Culture & Heritage, Economics.
Apart from this, Painting has a theory exam of 30 marks and a practical exam of 70 marks.
NIOS 10th 2019 Mock Test
NIOS class 10th 2019 sample papers and mock tests will make a student acquainted with the NIOS class 10th 2019 exam pattern and standard of questions asked and furthermore enable them to practice the questions several times. Students can find the example papers and earlier year question papers by heading off to the official site of NIOS. Students can download NIOS 10th 2019 syllabus and test papers.
NIOS 10th 2019 Admit Card
NIOS class 10th 2019 Admit card is important to carry in the examination as the students who do not produce it will not be allowed to sit for the exam. The admit card of NIOS 10th 2019 will be released online in March for the Block 1 examination and September for the Block 2 examination.
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit Card
- Photo ID
NIOS 10th 2019 Result
National Institute of Open Schooling (NIOS) will declare the result of NIOS class 10th 2019 exam in June and November 2019. NIOS, as a rule, announces the result in a month and a half after the last date of examination. The result will be found on the official website provided on this page and students can get to it by entering their roll number in the given space. NIOS class 10th 2019 result will incorporate student's name, date of birth, roll number, subject, code, marks received, grades and so on will be given on the consequence of NIOS 10th 2019. Steps to get the result for NIO class 10th result 2019 are given below:
Step 1 : Visit the official website of NIOS provided on this page
Step 2 : Select the 'Examination/Result' link
Step 3 : A new page will appear, read it carefully and select the appropriate link
Step 4 : Enter your credentials as per your admit card
Step 5 : Wait for the result to load
Step 6 : Download and print out the result for future references
Download the Careers360 App on your Android phone
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile