About Karnataka SSLC Board 2020
Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board (KSEEB) conducts the Karnataka Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examination, commonly known as the Karnataka SSLC for Class 10 students. Karnataka SSLC 2020 exams will be conducted at state-level in three languages and three core subjects including are Science, Social Science and Mathematics. Every year, around 8.5 lakh students appeared in the Karnataka SSLC exam 2020.
Latest: Karnataka SSLC result 2020 declared on August 10, 2020
- Karnataka SSLC admit card was released for class 10 students in the month of January 2020 and students could collect the same from their respective schools.
Last Year Karnataka SSLC Stats
- Number of Students Appeared: 8,41,666
- Overall Pass Percentage: 73.7%
- Number of Students Passed: 6, 08, 336
- Pass Percentage of Girls: 79.59%
- Pass Percentage of Boys: 68.46%
Karnataka SSLC Board 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Karnataka Secondary School Leaving Certificate Examination|
|Short Exam Name||Karnataka SSLC Board|
|Conducting Body||Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Languages||English, Hindi +5 More|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
Karnataka SSLC Board 2020 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
10 Aug, 2020
Result - Result | Mode: Online
03 Jul, 2020
Exam - Third language | Mode: Offline
02 Jul, 2020
Exam - First language | Mode: Offline
01 Jul, 2020
Exam - Social Science | Mode: Offline
29 Jun, 2020
Exam - Core Subject: Science, Political Science, Karnatak music/Hindustani music | Mode: Offline
27 Jun, 2020
Exam - Core Subject: Mathematics, Sociology | Mode: Offline
26 Jun, 2020
Exam - Core Subject: Elements of Mechanical & Electrical Engineering, Engineering Graphics 2, Elements of Electronics Engineering, Elements of Computer Science, Economics | Mode: Offline
25 Jun, 2020
Exam - Second Language: English, Kannada | Mode: Offline
Karnataka SSLC Board 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Students have to satisfy the below given Karnataka SSLC 2020 eligibility
Karnataka SSLC Eligibility for Regular Students
- Students must have completed their class VIII, IX and X standards from high, higher secondary multi-purpose schools.
- Candidates must have satisfactory progress and good conduct duly certified by the head of the institution.
- Candidate must have at least 75% attendance and must send his or her application through a recognised school in which he/she has studied.
Karnataka SSLC Eligibility for Private and Ex-school Students
- The candidate must have completed 18 years as on April 1 if the examination is held in April and June 1 if the examination is conducted in September.
- The candidate must have passed the primary VII examination conducted by the authority of the department of public instruction or an examination equivalent to the same.
- Ex-school candidates must have themselves registered as ex-school candidates in a recognised school after the payment of the prescribed fee.
Karnataka SSLC Board 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application : Offline
Mode of Payment : Other
The application form for Karnataka SSLC 2020 must be submitted through a school affiliated to Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board.
- Students have to fill and submit the Karnataka SSLC 2020 application form to the head of the institution.
- Attach three duly attested passport-sized photographs along with the forms.
- Private candidates can apply to the exam through any recognized institution.
- Also, submit the date of birth certificate to complete the Karnataka SSLC registration.
- Students have to pay their application fees through the demand draft.
- The fee for regular candidates is Rs 354 while it is Rs 185 for private candidates.
Karnataka SSLC Board 2020 Preparation Tips
A strategic preparation helps in obtaining good marks in Karnataka SSLC exam 2020. Follow the below tips to improve your performance in Karnataka SSLC 2020 exams
- Students should revise topics regularly after classes throughout the year. This ensures that the subject matter is understood thoroughly and the concepts are grasped on the day of classroom instruction itself.
- Go through Karnataka SSLC time Table 2020 and prepare a study schedule accordingly.
- Make notes of important topics in order to deeply understand the concepts being studied and taught in the classroom.
- Maintain health and proper eating habits to ensure that the mental and physical well being is good
- Practice the Karnataka SSLC sample questions to ensure a comprehensive understanding of the important topics and marking scheme.
The Karnataka SSLC 2020 is conducted in 7 different mediums and candidates have to select three core subjects and three languages.
The core subjects are:
- Social Science
The language options available are in three groups and the candidate has to select one language from each group.
Languages for Karnataka SSLC 2020
|First Language||Second Language||Third Language|
The exam duration and marks vary for the core subjects and the language examinations as given in the exam pattern below.
Karnataka SSLC 2020 exam pattern
2 ½ hours
2 ½ hours
Students should solve the Karnataka SSLC sample papers to know the type of questions asked, marking scheme, important topics and more. By solving the available model papers for Karnataka SSLC 2020, students can also check their preparedness. The mores students solve the Karnataka SSLC papers, better will be their preparation for exams.
However, it is suggested to solve the papers after completing the syllabus else, students may lose confidence.
Karnataka SSLC Board 2020 Admit Card
The Karnataka SSLC admit card 2020 will be made available in offline mode. Students can collect their Karnataka SSLC admit card from the head of the institutions. An admit card is an important document that every student needs to bring while appearing in the Karnataka SSLC exams.
In case of loss of admit card, duplicate admit cards are issued to the candidate on payment of the required fee and on submission of valid proof of having lost the original admission ticket.
Documents Required at Exam
- Karnataka SSLC 2020 Admit Card
- School Photo ID
Karnataka Board has declared the SSLC result 2020 for Class 10 students in online mode on August 10 at 3pm on kseeb.kar.nic.in.
Steps to Check Karnataka SSLC/ Class 10 Result
- In order to check the result online, the candidate must visit the official KSEEB website
- Enter the Karnataka SSLC roll number in the given blanks.
- Students can then download and print the scorecard for the Karnataka SSLC result.
- The result for the Karnataka SSLC 2020 can also be accessed via SMS.
- The board will release the Karnataka SSLC re-evaluation result in August end. Last year, the re-evaluation result was announced on July 12, 2019.
Qualifying Marks Trend
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: Who can apply for Karnataka SSLC 2020 exams?
Students who have passed class 9 and are studying in 10th class in a school affiliated with KSEBB can apply for SSLC exams.
Question: What is KSEEB?
KSEEB stands for Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board. It is responsible to conduct 10th class and some other exams in the state.
Question: When will postponed KSEEB 10th exams be conducted?
The postponed exams have been conducted from June 25 to July 4, 2020.
Questions related to Karnataka SSLC Board
How many SCR seats are available in BMCRI in total (including 1&2 both round allotment) ?
Thank you for your query. Following are the details regarding BMCRI:
- Number of Seats Available: 2000
- Fees: Rs3-4 Lakhs
- Course: MBBS, Bsc Nursing, MD Anasthesiology,MBBS, MD General Medicine, MS General Surgery,MS Opthamology etc
- Ranking: 11th with AAAAA in NAAC acrediation
- Link: https://www.careers360.com/colleges/bangalore-medical-college-and-research-institute-bangalore All the best
if my score is 450 in NEET 2020 can i get BMCRI or MMCRI or KIMS(hubli) govt med. colleges in karnataka through karnataka state quota and rural SC category.. plz tell me
If you score the minimum cut off marks specified by the college you may have decent chances of getting seat in that particular college.Take look at the previous year cut off marks and rank respectively for SC category in the colleges which you have asked
- KIIMS, Hubli: 435, 95930
- MCMRI: 436, 95001
- BMCRI: 435, 96388
Considering this you may have decent chances of getting seat with 450 marks but cut off changes every year depending on number of candidates appeared, number of seats available etc, it may increase or decrease slightly.
You may try our NEET knockout program
My karnataka state board exam marks of PCB&Eng affect my admission in govt medical college in karnataka? in 2020 NEET
Class 12 weightage isn't a criteria for admission in a medical college.The admission is solely based on merit in NEET.So you must have passed 10+2 with 50% marks if you belong to general category, for SC/ST/OBC it is 40% for PWD it is 45% marks.If you have the required percentage then you are okay. You will get admission.
can student opt for any vocational subject instead of maths if exemption is granted. which schools in Bangalore has this facility. kindly advise
There are many boards provide schooling in all states like state board of the state, CBSE and others. State board course structures will vary state to state. In 11th and 12th standard CBSE, you have to take English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology as compulsory subjects and the rest of the subjects will be the optional. But most of the schools don't allow the students to change their subjects after the admission process closed. So decide before that.
Hope it helps.
subject wise lesson wise marks for SSLC 2020
Hello M Shivaprasad,
For subject wise lesson wise marks distribution of SSLC you may refer to the article posted by the official body i.e. CBSE on there website.
please refer the below link for more information:
Since the pattern is not fixed, a general estimation is provided below:
- Mathematics: Number System -6, Algebra-20, Coordinate Geometry-6, Geometry-15, Trigonometry- 12, Mensuration-10, Statistics- 11.
- Science: Chemical Substance-25, World of Living-23, Natural Phenomena-12, Current-13, Natural resources-7.
- SST: India and the Contemporary World-II -20, Contemporary India-II -20, Democratic Politics-II -20, Economic Development -20.
- ENGLISH: Reading Skills-20, writing and grammar-30, Literature-30.
I would like to mention, the above distribution is not confirm, and may change.
Hope this Helps