About Odisha 10th Board 2020
Board of Secondary Education, Odisha conducts the Odisha Board 10th exams annually. Applications for the same are processed through the respective schools affiliated to the board. The Odisha Board 10th exams 2020 will be conducted for Maths, Science, Social science, Oriya, Hindi, and English. Students must secure at least 33% marks in order to get passed in the exams. After passing the Odisha 10th Board exams 2020, students will have to choose the respective streams for them such as Science, Arts or Commerce.
- BSE, Odisha will conduct the Odisha Board 10th exams between February 19 to March 2, 2020.
- Students must refer to the Odisha 10th time table and start preparing as per the scheduled date and time per subject.
- The Odisha Board 10th exam duration for each subject will be 2.5 hours.
- To appear for the Odisha 10th Board exams, candidates must have passed class 9 and should attain requisite attendance in class 10 to appear for the exam.
- They are advised to complete the Odisha 10th Board syllabus as soon as possible so that they can dedicate maximum to proper revision.
- The Odisha 10th Board result will be released on May 21, 2020, tentatively, in the online mode.
- To check the result, students have to enter their roll number as given on their admit card.
- The marks scored by students in class 10 will help them choose an academic stream (Science, Arts, and Commerce) in class 11.
- Around 5 lakh students appear in the Odisha board 10th exams exam every year.
Odisha 10th Board 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Odisha Board 10th Examination|
|Short Exam Name||Odisha 10th Board|
|Conducting Body||Board of Seconday Education, Odisha|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Languages||Bengali, English +4 More|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours 30 Minutes|
Odisha 10th Board 2020 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
02 Mar, 2020
Exam - Social Science | Mode: Offline
01 Mar, 2020
Exam - TLV (Practical) (10 AM to 12 Noon), Visual Art-(Practical) 3rd Language | Mode: Offline
28 Feb, 2020
Exam - Science, Paper VIII English | Mode: Offline
27 Feb, 2020
Exam - Paper VII Social Science | Mode: Offline
26 Feb, 2020
Exam - Mathematics, Paper VI Science | Mode: Offline
25 Feb, 2020
Exam - Paper V (MTH) Mathematics | Mode: Offline
24 Feb, 2020
Exam - Third Language (Hindi, Sanskrit, Odia, Parsi), TLV Theory (For Deaf & Dumb Candidates only), Paper IV (MOR/MHN) Matrubhasa (Odia/Hindi) | Mode: Offline
22 Feb, 2020
Exam - Second Language (English, Hindi), Env. & Population Edn. (Only for Hearing Impaired Candidates), Paper III (KKJ/AVJ) Prayogatmaka Sanskruta | Mode: Offline
20 Feb, 2020
Exam - Paper-II (SHA) Sanskruta Sahityam | Mode: Offline
19 Feb, 2020
Exam - First Language (Odia, Bengali, Hindi, Urdu, Telugu, Alt. English), Paper-I (VOD) Sanskruta Vyakarana O Darshan | Mode: Offline
Odisha 10th Board 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Students who will be appearing for the Odisha board 10th exams 2020 must go through the eligibility criteria of Odisha Board 10th exams which are given below:
- Regular candidates who have pursued class 9 and 10 at one or more high schools recognised by the board.
- Ex-regular students who have pursued class 9 and 10 in one or more recognised high schools.
- External students who were duly enrolled for the correspondence course managed by the board.
- Students also have to clear their dues within the prescribed date to be eligible to appear for the Odisha board 10th exams 2020.
Odisha 10th Board 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application : Offline
Mode of Payment : Other
Students who are applying for the Odisha Board 10th exams 2020 must fill and submit the application form to the secretary along with the fee prescribed in the specified time by the examination committee. Odisha 10th board application form 2020 if sent after the due date will be rejected. Also, any application form that will be incompletely or wrongly filled will be rejected if it is not rectified within 10 days from the date of issue.
Odisha 10th Board 2020 Preparation Tips
- Pick a place that is noise-free to study. Everybody has their own comfort zone, so find a study space and suitable time that work for you.
- Study every day as it will prevent you from last-minute cramming
- Revise each subject once a week you have studied. Doing this weekly will help you understand the concepts and let you retain them for a long time.
- If you are stuck with some questions, do not hesitate to ask your senior or teachers. You can also seek help from your classmates or parents.
Odisha Board 10th exams 2020 will be conducted for a duration of 2.5 hours per subject. The list of subjects includes the first language (Oriya. Bengali, Hindi, Urdu, Telugu, Alt. English), second language (English, Hindi, Punjabi), Third language (Hindi, Sanskrit, Odia, Punjabi), Mathematics, Science and Social science for which the exams will be held. Candidates must go through the Odisha Board 10th exam pattern to know the marking scheme, number of questions and types of questions asked in the exam. The exam pattern of the Odisha Board 10th exams is mentioned below.
The paper will be of a total of 50 marks.
The question paper will be divided into 10 sections. Each section will carry 5 marks each. Each section will have 5 questions.
The following type of questions will be asked in the objective paper:
I. Fill in the blanks
II. One Word Answer.
III. One Sentence Answer.
IV. Column Matching.
V. True / False.
The total marks for this paper will be 50.
The exam duration will be 1.30 hours.
Questions asked will be either of 2,3 and 5 marks.
Odisha Board 10th exams Marking Scheme:
|1.Paper - I||SANSKRUTA VYAKARANA ‘O’ DARSHAN (VOD)||100|
|2.Paper -II||SANSKRUTA SAHITYAM (SHA)||100|
|3.Paper - III||PRAYOGATMAKA SANSKRUTA (KKJ/AVJ)||100|
|4. Paper - IV||MATRUBHASA ODIA/ HINDI (MOR/ MHN)||100|
|5. Paper - V||MATHEMATICS (MTH)||75|
|6. Paper - VI||SCIENCE (GSC)||75|
|7. Paper -VII||SOCIAL SCIENCE (SSC)||75|
|8. Paper - VIII||ENGLISH (ENG)||75|
Odisha 10th Board 2020 Admit Card
Students will be able to download their Odisha Board 10th admit card 2020 from the first week of February on the official website. Students will need to enter their school code and password to download Odisha Board 10th admit card. They must keep the admit card till the announcement of result. It must be noted that the admit card is an important document to carry in the Odisha Board 10th exams. Candidates are not allowed to write the exam without admit card.
The admit card will include essential details, such as candidate’s name, roll number and registration number.
Documents Required at Exam
- Odisha 10th Admit card
- School ID
Board of Secondary Education, Odisha will release the Odisha 10th result 2020 on May 21, 2020, tentatively. Students who will appear for the Odisha Board 10th exams 2020 will be able to check their Odisha 10th result by entering their roll number. Students will also have the option to check their results through SMS. To know the result via SMS, they can send a message OR10 (roll number) to 5676750. Follow the steps below to download Odisha Board 10th result 2020:
- Visit Odisha Board 10th official website.
- Enter the roll number.
- Click on submit.
- The Odisha 10th result 2020 will reflect on the screen displaying marks scored in various subjects.
Qualifying Marks Trend
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: What is the meaning of HSC in Odisha?
HSC refers to High School Certificate examinations. These are the 10th level examinations of Odisha board.
Question: What are the timings for Odisha HSC exams 2020?
Odisha 10th exams are held in two shifts: first shift (10 am to 12.30 pm) and second shift (2 pm to 4.30 pm)
Question: How many students will appear for Odisha 10th exams 2020?
More than 5 lakh students will appear for Odisha HSC 2020 exams.
Question: Where can I get my Odisha 10th admit card 2020?
Students can collect their admit cards 2020 from their respective school authority.
Question: What are the Odisha 10th supplementary exam dates?
Odisha HSC supplementary exams will be commenced from the first week of July 2020.
Questions related to Odisha 10th Board
is there options in objective questions of matric exam of 2020
Yes, there are options in the objective questions.
Please visit http://biharboardonline.bihar.gov.in/ and go to the student section to download model test papers.
Sample papers issued by the board provide you with a basic structure of the question paper you would receive and it is highly recommended to solve these before your actual examination.
All the best!