Stay up-to date with NMMS News
About NMMS 2023
NMMS 2023-24: The Central Sector Scheme ‘National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme’ was launched in 2008 with the objective to award scholarships to meritorious students of economically weaker sections to arrest their drop out at class VIII and encourage them to continue their education at secondary stage. Under this scheme, it is proposed to award 100,000 scholarships to the gifted or meritorious students whose parental income is not more than ₹ 3,50,000/- per annum from all sources at the time of selection of awardees for a scholarship. The students studying in “Kendriya Vidyalayas and Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas” are not entitled to get scholarships under this scheme. Similarly, those students studying in Residential Schools run by the Centre/ State Government Institutions, where facilities like boarding, lodging and education are provided and students studying in private schools are also not eligible for the scholarship under the scheme.
Latest Updates on NMMS 2023-24 exam:
- NMMS Rajasthan application dates 2023-24 have been revised. The application process will be held from September 20 to October 5, 2023.
- NMMS Karnataka exam 2023-24 application process has begun on September 13, 2023. The last date to apply is October 4, 2023. The NMMS exam 2023-24 for the Karnataka will be conducted on December 17, 2023
- NMMS Haryana application form registration has started from September 1, 2023 and the last date to apply is October 10, 2023. The NMMS Haryana exam will take place on November 19, 2023.
- NMMS HP application form can be filled online from August 20 to September 25, 2023 (Extended). Himachal Pradesh exam will be held on November 26, 2023.
- NMMS Uttar Pradesh applications 2023-24 have started. The application process for NMMS UP 2023-24 will be conducted from August 23 to September 28, 2023. The NMMS Uttar Pradesh exam is slated to be held on November 5, 2023.
- NMMSS Chandigarh application submission will end on September 20, 2023 and the exam will be held on November 5, 2023.
- NMMS Assam 2023-24 application process started on August 17, 2023. The last date to apply is October 10, 2023. Students will be able to procure their NMMS admit card for the same from November 1, 2023. The exam will be held on November 18, 2023.
- NMMS Andhra Pradesh application process has begun from August 10, 2023 and the last date to apply is September 25,2023. The exam will take place on December 3, 2023.
- NMMS Odisha application process 2023-24 will be conducted from August 5 to August 31, 2023 and the exam will be held on November 5, 2023. Students will be able to download Odisha NMMS admit cards 2023-24 from October 25, 2023 to November 5, 2023.
- NMMS Maharashtra 2023-24 registration started on July 25 and the exam will be held on December 10, 2023
- NMMS Delhi registrations 2023-24 notice is out. School can register their eligible enrolled students from August 7 to September 9, 2023. The exam will be held on November 19, 2023.
- NMMS Nagaland 2024 application started, the last date for submission of application form is August 31, 2023. The NMMS Nagaland exam will be held on November 4, 2023.
- NMMS West Bengal 2023-24 application process has been completed. The applications were accepted from June 23 to August 9, 2023. The exam will be held on December 17, 2023.
- NMMS Chhattisgarh 2023-24 application forms are out. The last date to apply is September 8, 2023.
- NMMS Madhya Pradesh 2023-24 application process was conducted from July 1 to July 20, 2023. The NMMS Madhya Pradesh exam 2023-24 is scheduled to be held on September 24, 2023.
More details about NMMS 2023-24:
- NMMS application forms are made available in the month of September - October 2023 for most of the states.
- NMMS exam will be held in November 2023, December 2023 and January 2024 for most of the states.
- NMMS 2023-24 exam includes two papers - Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Ability Test (SAT).
- Mental Ability Test shall consist of 90 multiple-choice questions testing verbal and non-verbal meta-cognitive abilities like reasoning and critical thinking.
- Scholastic Aptitude Test shall consist of 90 multiple-choice questions covering subjects namely, science, social studies and mathematics as taught in classes VII and VIII.
- NMMS 2023-24 answer keys are released for the MAT and SAT exams soon after the exam.
- The state-level exam authorities release NMMS result 2023.
Who will be provided with NMMS Scholarship 2023-24?
- Students must pass both the tests i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40 % marks in aggregate taken together for these two tests. For the SC/ST students, this cut off will be 32% marks.
- At the time of selection for the award of scholarship the student must have scored at least 55% mark or equivalent grade in Class VIII examination. There will be 5 % relaxation for SC/ST students.
- The awardees should satisfy the eligibility and the conditions mentioned in the scheme.
NMMS 2023 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||National Means Cum-Merit Scholarship|
|Short Exam Name||NMMS|
|Conducting Body||Ministry of Human Resource Development|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
NMMS 2023 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
24 Sep, 2023
Exam - Madhya Pradesh | Mode: Offline
20 Aug, 2023 - 25 Sep, 2023
Application - Himachal Pradesh | Mode: Online Ongoing
10 Aug, 2023 - 25 Sep, 2023
Application - Andhra Pradesh | Mode: Online Ongoing
23 Aug, 2023 - 28 Sep, 2023
Application - Uttar Pradesh | Mode: Online Ongoing
13 Sep, 2023 - 04 Oct, 2023
Application - Karnataka | Mode: Online Ongoing
20 Sep, 2023 - 05 Oct, 2023
Application - Rajasthan | Mode: Online Ongoing
17 Aug, 2023 - 10 Oct, 2023
Application - Assam | Mode: Online Ongoing
01 Sep, 2023 - 10 Oct, 2023
Application - Haryana | Mode: Online Ongoing
01 Nov, 2023
Admit Card - Assam | Mode: Online
04 Nov, 2023
Exam - Nagaland | Mode: Offline
05 Nov, 2023
Exam - Uttar Pradesh | Mode: Offline
05 Nov, 2023
Exam - Chandigarh | Mode: Offline
05 Nov, 2023
Exam - Odisha | Mode: Offline
25 Oct, 2023 - 05 Nov, 2023
Admit Card - Odisha | Mode: Online
18 Nov, 2023
Exam - Assam | Mode: Offline
19 Nov, 2023
Exam - Delhi | Mode: Offline
19 Nov, 2023
Exam - Haryana | Mode: Offline
26 Nov, 2023
Exam - Himachal Pradesh | Mode: Offline
03 Dec, 2023
Exam - Andhra Pradesh | Mode: Offline
10 Dec, 2023
Exam - Maharashtra | Mode: Offline
10 Dec, 2023
Exam - Chhattisgarh | Mode: Offline
17 Dec, 2023
Exam - Karnataka | Mode: Offline
17 Dec, 2023
Exam - West Bengal | Mode: Offline
Past Dates and Events
19 Aug, 2023 - 20 Sep, 2023
Application - Chandigarh | Mode: Online
07 Aug, 2023 - 09 Sep, 2023
Application - Delhi | Mode: Online
20 Jul, 2023 - 08 Sep, 2023
Application - Chhattisgarh | Mode: Offline
25 Jul, 2023 - 07 Sep, 2023
Application - Maharashtra | Mode: Online
05 Aug, 2023 - 31 Aug, 2023
Application - Odisha | Mode: Online
25 Jul, 2023 - 31 Aug, 2023
Application - Nagaland | Mode: Online
23 Jun, 2023 - 09 Aug, 2023
Application - West Bengal | Mode: Online
01 Jul, 2023 - 20 Jul, 2023
Application - Madhya Pradesh | Mode: Online
NMMS 2023 Eligibility Criteria
MHRD issues guidelines that are to be followed by students to be eligible for NMMS and avail scholarship further as well. NMMS 2023-24 eligibility criteria are given below:
- Students must be studying in class VIII and must have a minimum 55% score (50% for reserved categories) in class VII.
- The annual income of the applicant’s parents must not be more than Rs. 3,50,000.
- In order to continue the scholarship, students must obtain 55% (50% for reserved categories) in class IX and XI and 60% (55% for reserved categories) in the class X exam.
- Students of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Kendriya Vidyalaya and Sainik Schools cannot apply for the scholarship.
- Students studying in residential schools run by state government institutions with facilities like boarding, lodging and education cannot apply as well.
- Students pursuing their studies in private schools cannot apply for NMMS 2023-24 exam as well.
Mode of Application : Offline
Mode of Payment : Other
NMMS 2023-24 application form will be made available in online mode. Students can access the application form through the official website of state/UTs’ SCERT. The last date to submit the application form varies as per state. Read the key points of the application process for NMMS 2023-24:
- Students can download the NMMS application form 2023-24 online but it has to be submitted in offline mode only.
- Students can also get the application form from the school they are enrolled in itself, thus, ask the teachers for information about NMMS 2023-24 first.
NMMS Application form Link (State-wise)
|Andhra Pradesh||Click here||Meghalaya||-|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||-||Mizoram||-|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||-||Sikkim||-|
|Daman & Diu||-||Tamil Nadu||-|
|Himachal Pradesh||Click here||Uttarakhand||Click here|
|Gujarat||Click here||Uttar Pradesh||-|
|Goa||Click here||West Bengal||Apply here|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Know more ||Lakshadweep||-|
|Jharkhand||Apply here||Madhya Pradesh||-|
|Karnataka||Apply here ||Maharashtra||Apply here|
NMMS 2023 Syllabus
Mental ability test
Reasoning and critical thinking
Scholastic aptitude test
Social studies and mathematics
NMMS 2023 Preparation Tips
To be well prepared for the NMMS Exam, it is important to follow strategies and try different methods to see which one works for you. You will be able to study with focus and concentration only when you are comfortable with your surroundings and study strategy. Here are a few useful tips and tricks to help you with your preparation of NMMS Exam:
- Analyse the syllabus: NMMS 2023-24 does not have a specific syllabus and the questions come from a few outlined topics and subjects. The difficulty level is similar to the syllabus of class VII and VIII. Thus, you need to analyse the syllabus of class VII and VIII along with the previous year question papers and syllabus provided by MHRD.
- Go through the exam pattern: Now that you have figured out the syllabus for NMMS 2023-24, you should go through the syllabus to prioritise which topics you will begin to prepare for first and which topics you will prepare later on. Once you have done that, things will be much easier for you.
- Make a study plan: After dividing the syllabus for NMMS 2023-24 exam, you need to allot time to it according to its weightage, the time required and the overall importance of the topic/subject. If it has less weightage, you can do it at the end of your preparation, before you start revising. This study plan will give discipline to the way you study and help you succeed.
- Practice from sample papers: Following your study plan, after you have finished your entire syllabus, you should start solving sample question papers for NMMS 2023 or the previous year's question papers. Turn on a stopwatch and track how long it takes you to complete an exam. This will help you in self-evaluation, through which, you can work on the weak areas during your preparation.
- Take ample rest and eat healthily: Remember a healthy body is home to a healthy mind. Thus, to succeed in the NMMS 2023, it is important to take care of your physical as well as mental health. Add short breaks in your study plan and follow your hobbies for some part of the day.
NMMS 2023 Exam Pattern
Understanding NMMS 2023-24 exam pattern is important for successfully cracking the NMMS exam. Exam pattern guides students about the types of questions, number of questions, marking scheme, syllabus and much more. This helps students plan their studies according to the weightage and time required for any particular topic. NMMS 2023-24 exam will have two sections, Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Abilities (SAT). For more details on these two particular topics, read below:
- MAT - Mental Ability Test consists of 90 multiple-choice questions testing verbal and non-verbal meta-cognitive abilities like reasoning and critical thinking. The questions in the test may be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figure etc.
- SAT - Scholastic Aptitude Test consists of 90 multiple-choice questions covering subjects - Science, Social Studies and Mathematics as taught in classes VII and VIII.
To succeed in a competition like the NMMS exam, students need to have an edge over the competition. To do that, they need to solve question papers and get familiar with the types of questions that will come in the NMMS 2023-24 exam.
Students can also practice from previous year question papers to get a better idea about the question paper. Students can visit the link provided on this page to download free sample papers, previous year question papers and ebooks for NMMS 2023-24 free of cost.
- The admit card of NMMS 2023-24 is released in the offline/ online mode. Students whose applications were accepted before the last date can download the NMMS 2023-24 admit card from their schools/institutions. Some states release the NMMS admit card 2023-24 in online mode.
- NMMS admit card 2023-24 consists of details about the student’s name, centre details, the schedule for the exam, roll number etc.
- It is crucial to carry the admit card of NMMS 2023-24 to the exam hall as students are not to be allowed to give the exam if they don't have their admit card.
- After the exam ends, students need to submit their NMMS admit card to the invigilator, thus, they are advised to keep an extra photocopy of the admit card beforehand.
Documents Required at Exam
- NMMS Admit Card
- Govt. Issued Photo ID card or School ID card
- Aadhar card
NMMS 2023 Answer Key
- The SCERTs of some state/UT release the NMMS 2023-24 answer key for MAT and SAT exams.
- Students can access the answer key through the above-given link and calculate their tentative scores.
NMMS Answer Key 2023-24 - Important Instructions
- To calculate their scores using the NMMS answer key, candidates need to download the answer key and analyse the correct answers.
- They need to mark all the right answers and add them together as each question weighs one mark.
- This will be done for both MAT and SAT sections. After this procedure is complete for both sections, candidates will be able to see their tentative NMMS 2023-24 result.
NMMS result 2023-24 for all state boards will be released in April- May 2024, tentatively. Students can check the NMMS 2023-24 result in online mode. They need to enter their roll number and school code to search for their result. Some states/UTs announce a final merit list that includes the names of students who qualify in the NMMS 2023-24 exam. Steps to check the result are given below:
Step 1: Go to the official website of the state SCERTs
Step 2: Enter your roll number and school code as mentioned in your NMMS 2023-24 admit card.
Step 3: Click on submit.
Step 4: NMMS result will load on your screen.
Step 5: Download and save the result for future references.
NMMS result will consist of information like the applicant’s name, roll number, qualifying status, section-wise marks obtained against total marks etc.
NMMS 2023 Cutoff
State/UT SCERTs publishes the NMMS cutoff along with the result. NMMS cut off will be released state-wise and will carry the marks against which students will be granted NMMS scholarship. The cutoff of NMMS 2023-24 will be released online in pdf format and students will be able to check the state-wise NMMS cutoff using the link provided on this page. Steps to download NMMS cut-off 2023-24 are given below:
Step 1: Click on the link provided on this page.
Step 2: A page will load. On the page, find the link titled ‘Check NMMS 2023-24 Cutoff here’. Click on it.
Step 3: Pdf of NMMS cutoff will load on your browser.
Step 4: Find the download button or a downward arrow and click on that.
Step 5: Save the cutoff for further uses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:How to get the details of NMMS exam centres?
The address of the examination centre is mentioned on the NMMS admit card.
Question:How many students are finally selected for NMMS scholarships?
A total of 100,000 are being selected every year for NMMS scholarship.
Question:Is there any negative marking in the NMMS scholarship exam?
No, there is no negative marking in the NMMS exam.
Question:Who can fill the NMMS application form?
Students studying in Class 8 can apply for NMMS exam by filling the application form in online/offline mode as specified by conducting authority of State/UT. They must also satisfy the necessary eligibility criteria to be able to appear in the NMMS exam.
Question:What are the qualifying marks for the NMMS 2023-24 exam?
Students must pass both the tests i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40 % marks in aggregate taken together for these two tests. For the SC/ST students, this cut off is 32% marks.
Question:Can open school students apply for NMMS 2023-24?
No, only regular students are eligible for NMMS 2023-24.
Question:Where can I get the hard copy of the the NMMS application form?
The application forms are also made available at schools. Students can contact their respective school administration sections to get the hard copy.
Question:Will I have to renew my NMMS Scholarship?
Yes, students need to apply for renewal of NMMS scholarship each year through the National Scholarship portal.
Question:Is NMMS admit card 2023-24 mandatory at exam centres?
Yes, students should carry the NMMS exam hall ticket at exam centres. No student is allowed to enter the exam premises without the admit card.
Question:When will the NMMS 2023-24 cutoff be released?
Several SCERTs release the NMMS cutoff along with the NMMS result. The qualifying marks for the NMMS exam 2023-24 is 40% marks (32% for SC/ST).
Question:How many stages in NMMS exam?
NMMS exam is a single level exam which is held at the state-level.
Question:What is the selection process for NMMS scholarship?
First of all, NMMS exam is held by respective States/UTs authority and results are declared in the form of merit lists. The selected students need to register on the National scholarship portal to receive scholarships.
Question:Where can I apply for NMMS 2023-24?
Students can apply for NMMS 2023-24 exam through respective schools in online or offline mode as per the provision of their state-level exam conducting authority.
Question:Who can apply for NMMS exam?
Students who are studying in 8th class and whose parents income is less than 3.5 lakhs per annum can apply for NMMS 2023-24 exam.
Question:What is NMMS?
NMMS stands for National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship. This is a scholarship exam for class 8 students to provide financial assistance to deserving students for high studies.
Questions related to NMMS
My Father was in CRPF did I give NMMS exam
To be eligible for the NMMS scholarship in 2023, students must meet the following criteria:
They should have obtained a minimum of 55% marks or an equivalent grade in their 7th-grade examination, with a 5% relaxation for SC/ST students.
Students who are enrolled as regular students in government, government-aided, or local body schools in India while studying in the 8th grade are eligible for the NMMS scholarship in 2023.
They must have secured at least 55% marks in their 8th-grade exams, with a 50% requirement for SC/ST students.
Their parental income from all sources should not exceed Rs. 3,50,000 per annum.
The students should be enrolled as regular students in a government or aided school.
Who is not eligible for the NMMS Scholarship in 2023?
Students studying in NVS (Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti), KVS (Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan), Sainik School, or private schools are ineligible for NMMS.
Those students who are studying in residential schools or other schools adopted by the state government are also not eligible for NMMS in 2023.
I hope this answers your question.
nmms exam ap practice bits for maths
You can access NMMS Andhra Pradesh study material for maths by visiting our page at https://school.careers360.com/download/ebooks/nmms-andhra-pradesh-maths-study-material,
you can practice the question paper pertaining to maths, and solutions too are provided in this regard, this will help you analyze your preparation level, and also improve your speed, calculation, and time management skills.
sir thomas Roe arrived India in
Sir Thomas Roe represented England in the Mughal Empire. Sir Thomas Roe on 18 September 1615, he arrived at the Surat port as the ambassador of the English King, James I to Mughal Emperor Jahangir’s court. It was the first step in establishing the British East India Company as a paramount power in the Indian subcontinent which is why the date and his arrival in India is an important date. Sir Thomas Roe is an important part of Modern History.
NMMS Karnataka 20212022 MATSAT
National means cum merit scholastic mental ability test and scholars scholastic aptitude Test will be held on 27 February 2022. Which is off marks very 200 to 800. Candidate is interested to get this scholarship examination which is caustic aptitude Test called has to appear for an this type of screening test and to secure at least 40% marks of the total marks of scholastic aptitude Test.
Hope this will help.
Nmms West Bengal question paper 2019
You can download previous years paper of NMMS West Bengal of year 2017 and 2018 by visiting our page at https://school.careers360.com/articles/nmms-question-papers, this will help you in becoming familiar with thee exam pattern, marking scheme, important topics, through regular practice you can analyze your strength and weakness, and as a result this will improve upon your speed, calculation, and time management skills.