About NMMS 2020
NMMS 2020: Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education (MoE) offers the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) annually to provide scholarships to students of economically weaker sections. Students studying in class VIII from any recognized board with parental income less than or equal to Rs. 1,50,000 are eligible to fill NMMS application form.
- NMMS exam has been held on December 12, 13 and 20, 2020 for most of the states. But some states conducted it on January 3, 24 and 30 and February 21, 2021.
- State-level exam authorities have started releasing NMMS 2020 result. Chandigarh and Himachal Pradesh states have released their results. Now, others will release the NMMS results soon.
- NMMS 2020 exam is conducted for 180 marks which include two papers - Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Ability Test (SAT).
- NMMS 2020 answer keys are released for the MAT and SAT exam soon after the exam.
Who will be provided with NMMS Scholarship 2020?
- Students studying in “Kendriya Vidalayas and “Jawahar Vavodaya Vidyalayas” will not be eligible for the NMMS scholarship scheme.
- Students who qualify NMMS 2020 will be awarded a scholarship of Rs. 1000 per month from class IX till class XII.
- Students should have attained a minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade in Class VII exams to apply for NMMS Scholarship 2020.
NMMS 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||National Means Cum-Merit Scholarship|
|Short Exam Name||NMMS|
|Conducting Body||Ministry of Human Resource Development|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
NMMS 2020 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
12 Apr, 2021
Result - Himachal Pradesh | Mode: Online
06 Apr, 2021
Exam - Maharashtra | Mode: Offline
01 Apr, 2021
Answer Key - Delhi | Mode: Online
02 Mar, 2021
Result - Chandigarh | Mode: Online
28 Feb, 2021
Exam - Delhi | Mode: Offline
28 Feb, 2021
Exam - Gujarat | Mode: Offline
28 Feb, 2021
Exam - Andhra Pradesh | Mode: Offline
25 Feb, 2021
Answer Key - Himachal Pradesh | Mode: Online
24 Feb, 2021
Answer Key - Telangana | Mode: Online
21 Feb, 2021
Exam - Himachal Pradesh | Mode: Offline
21 Feb, 2021
Exam - Telangana | Mode: Offline
20 Feb, 2021
Admit Card - Andhra Pradesh | Mode: Offline
11 Feb, 2021
Admit Card - Telangana | Mode: Online
30 Jan, 2021
Answer Key - Bihar | Mode: Online
02 Dec, 2020 - 27 Jan, 2021
Application - Jammu and Kashmir | Mode: Offline
24 Jan, 2021
Exam - Karnataka | Mode: Offline
24 Jan, 2021
Exam - Bihar | Mode: Offline
15 Jan, 2021 - 24 Jan, 2021
Admit Card - Bihar | Mode: Online
24 Jan, 2021
Exam - West Bengal | Mode: Offline
10 Jan, 2021 - 22 Jan, 2021
Admit Card - West Bengal | Mode: Online
15 Jan, 2021
Answer Key - Chandigarh | Mode: Online
03 Jan, 2021
Exam - Odisha | Mode: Offline
01 Nov, 2020 - 31 Dec, 2020
Application - Himachal Pradesh | Mode: Online
31 Dec, 2020
Answer Key - Chhattisgarh | Mode: Online
26 Dec, 2020
Admit Card - Odisha | Mode: Online
16 Nov, 2020 - 24 Dec, 2020
Application - Bihar | Mode: Online
23 Dec, 2020
Answer Key - Uttarakhand | Mode: Online
20 Dec, 2020
Exam - Haryana, Punjab | Mode: Offline
16 Nov, 2020 - 16 Dec, 2020
Application - Gujarat | Mode: Online
15 Dec, 2020
Admit Card - Haryana | Mode: Online
13 Dec, 2020
Exam - Goa, Chhattisgarh, Uttarakhand | Mode: Offline
12 Dec, 2020
Exam - Jharkhand | Mode: Offline
29 Oct, 2020 - 11 Dec, 2020
Application - Telangana | Mode: Online
09 Nov, 2020 - 10 Dec, 2020
Application - Karnataka | Mode: Offline
09 Nov, 2020 - 09 Dec, 2020
Application - Andhra Pradesh | Mode: Online
05 Nov, 2020 - 08 Dec, 2020
Application - West Bengal | Mode: Online
28 Oct, 2020 - 30 Nov, 2020
Application - Punjab | Mode: Online
20 Nov, 2020 - 25 Nov, 2020
Application - Odisha (Application window reopening) | Mode: Online
20 Oct, 2020 - 23 Nov, 2020
Application - Jharkhand | Mode: Online
21 Oct, 2020 - 20 Nov, 2020
Application - Haryana | Mode: Online
16 Oct, 2020 - 09 Nov, 2020
Application - Goa | Mode: Offline
13 Oct, 2020 - 01 Nov, 2020
Application - Uttarakhand | Mode: Offline
16 Oct, 2020 - 31 Oct, 2020
Application - Odisha | Mode: Online
09 Oct, 2020 - 24 Oct, 2020
Application - Chhattisgarh | Mode: Offline
NMMS 2020 Eligibility Criteria
MHRD issues guidelines that are to be followed by students to be eligible for NMMS and avail scholarship further as well. NMMS 2020 eligibility criteria are given below:
- Students must be studying in class VIII and must have a minimum 55% score (50% for reserved categories) in class VII.
- The annual Income of the applicant’s parents must not be more than Rs. 1,50,000.
- In order to continue the scholarship, students must obtain 55% (50% for reserved categories) in class IX and XI and 60% (55% for reserved categories) in the class X exam.
- Students of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Kendriya Vidyalaya and Sainik Schools cannot apply for the scholarship.
- Students studying in residential schools run by state government institutions with facilities like boarding, lodging and education cannot apply as well.
- Students pursuing their studies in private schools cannot apply for NMMS 2020 exam as well.
Mode of Application : Offline
Mode of Payment : Other
NMMS 2020 application form is available for Haryana, Odisha, Goa, Uttarakhand and Chhattisgarh states. Students can access the application form through the official website of state/UTs’ SCERT. The last date to submit the application form varies as per state. Read the key points of the application process of NMMS 2020:
- Students can download the NMMS application form 2020 online but it has to be submitted in offline mode only.
- Students can also get the application form from the school they are enrolled in itself, thus, ask the teachers for information about NMMS 2020 first.
- Depending on the state, candidates will have to submit a fee of Rs. 50/100.
NMMS Application form Link (State-wise)
|Andhra Pradesh||Click here||Meghalaya||-|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||-||Mizoram||-|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||-||Sikkim||-|
|Daman & Diu||-||Tamil Nadu||-|
|Himachal Pradesh||Click here||Uttarakhand||Click here|
|Gujarat||Click here||Uttar Pradesh||-|
|Goa||Click here||West Bengal||Apply here|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Know more ||Lakshadweep||-|
|Jharkhand||Apply here||Madhya Pradesh||-|
|Karnataka||Apply here ||Maharashtra||Apply here |
NMMS 2020 Syllabus
Mental ability test
Reasoning and critical thinking
Scholastic aptitude test
Social studies and mathematics
NMMS 2020 Preparation Tips
To be well prepared for the NMMS Exam, it is important to follow strategies and try different methods to see which you feel comfortable with. You will be able to study with focus and concentration only when you are comfortable with your surroundings and study strategy. Here are a few nifty tips and tricks to help you with your preparation of NMMS Exam:
- Analyse the syllabus: NMMS 2020 does not a specific syllabus and the questions come from a few outlined topics and subjects. The difficulty level is the syllabus of class VII and VII. Thus, you need to analyse the syllabus of class VII and VIII along with previous year question papers and syllabus provided by MHRD.
- Go through the exam pattern: Now that you have figured out the syllabus for NMMS 2020, you should go through the syllabus to prioritise which topics you will begin to prepare for first and which topics you will prepare later on. Once you have done that, things will be much easier for you.
- Make a study plan: After dividing the syllabus for NMMS 2020 exam, you need to allot time to it according to its weightage, the time required and overall importance of the topic/subject. If it has less weightage, you can do it at the end of your preparation, before you start revising. This study plan will give discipline to the way you study and help you succeed.
- Practice from sample papers: Following your study plan, after you have finished your entire syllabus, you should start solving sample question papers for NMMS 2020 or the previous year's question papers. Turn on a stopwatch and track how long it takes you to complete an exam. This will help you in self-evaluation, through which, you can work on weak parts of your preparation.
- Take ample rest and eat healthily: Remember a healthy body is a home to a healthy mind. Thus, to succeed in the NMMS 2020, it is important to take care of your physical as well as mental health. Add short breaks in your study plan and follow your hobbies for some part of the day.
NMMS 2020 Exam Pattern
NMMS 2020 exam pattern is important for success in the NMMS exam. Exam pattern guides students about the standard of questions, number of questions, marking scheme, syllabus and much more. This helps students plan their studies according to weightage and time required for any particular topic. NMMS 2020 exam will have two sections, Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Abilities (SAT). For more details on these two particular topics, read below:
- MAT - The Mental Ability Test section will have 90 objective types, multiple-choice questions. Each question is for one mark. These questions will be based on analogy, pattern perception, classification, hidden figures etc. and they will test a student’s reasoning and critical thinking skills.
- SAT - Scholastic Ability Test also consists of 90 objective type, multiple-choice questions of one mark each. These questions will come from subjects and topics taught in class VII and VII Science, Social Science and Mathematics and will test the scholastic aptitude of a student.
To succeed in a competition like the NMMS exam, students need to have an edge over the competition. To do that, they need to solve question papers and get familiar with the types of questions that will come in the NMMS 2020 exam. Students can also practice from previous year question papers to get a better idea about the question paper. Students can visit the link provided on this page to download free sample papers, previous year question papers and ebooks for NMMS 2020 free of cost.
- The admit card of NMMS 2020 has been released in December 2020 and January 2021 in the offline/ online mode. Students whose applications were accepted before the last date can download the NMMS 2020 admit card from their schools/institutions. Some states release the NMMS admit card 2020 in online mode.
- NMMS admit card 2020 consist of details about the student’s name, centre details, the schedule for the exam, roll number etc.
- It is crucial to carry the admit card of NMMS 2020 to the exam hall as students are not to be allowed to give the exam if they don't have their admit card.
- After the exam ends, students need to submit their NMMS admit card to the invigilator, thus, they are advised to keep a photocopy of the admit card beforehand.
Documents Required at Exam
- NMMS Admit Card
- Govt. Issued Photo ID card or School ID card
- Aadhar card
NMMS 2020 Answer Key
- The SCERTs of some state/UT are releasing the NMMS 2020 answer key for MAT and SAT exams.
- Students can access the answer key through the above-given link and calculate their tentative scores.
NMMS Answer Key 2020 - Important Instructions
- To calculate their result using the NMMS answer key, candidates need to download the answer key and analyse the correct answers.
- They need to mark all the right answers and add them together as each question weighs one mark.
- This will be done for both MAT and SAT sections. After this procedure is complete for both sections, candidates will be able to see their tentative NMMS 2020 result.
NMMS result 2020-21 has been released for HP and Chandigarh states. Students can check the NMMS 2020 result in online mode. They need to enter their roll number and school code to search their result. Some states/UTs announce a final merit list that includes the names of students who qualified NMMS 2020. Steps to check the result are given below:
Step 1: Go to the official website of the state SCERTs
Step 2: Enter your roll number and school code as mentioned in your NMMS 2020 admit card.
Step 3: Click on submit.
Step 4: NMMS result will load on your screen.
Step 5: Download and save the result for future references.
NMMS result will consist of information like the applicant’s name, roll number, qualifying status, section-wise marks obtained against total marks etc.
NMMS 2020 Cutoff
State/UT SCERTs publishes the NMMS cutoff along with the result. NMMS cut off will be released state-wise and will carry the marks against which students will be granted NMMS scholarship. The cutoff of NMMS 2020 will be released online in pdf format and students will be able to check the state-wise NMMS cutoff using the link provided on this page. Steps to download NMMS cut off 2020 are given below:
Step 1: Click on the link provided on this page.
Step 2: A page will load. On the page, find the link titled ‘Check NMMS 2020 Cutoff here’. Click on it.
Step 3: Pdf of NMMS cutoff will load on your browser.
Step 4: Find the download button or a downward arrow and click on that.
Step 5: Save the cutoff for further uses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:What is NMMS?
NMMS stands for National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship. This is a scholarship exam for class 8 students to provide financial assistance to deserving students for high studies.
Question:Who can apply for NMMS exam?
Students who are studying in 8th class and whose parents income is less than 1.5 lakh can apply for NMMS 2020 exam.
Question:Where can I apply for NMMS 2020?
Students can apply for NMMS 2020 exam through respective schools in online or offline mode as per the provision of their state-level exam conducting authority.
Question:What is the selection process for NMMS scholarship?
First of all, NMMS exam is held by respective States/UTs authority and results are declared in the form of merit lists. The selected students need to register on the National scholarship portal to receive scholarships.
Question:How many stages in NMMS 2020 exam?
NMMS exam is a single level exam which is held at the state-level.
Question:When will the NMMS 2020 cutoff be released?
Several SCERTs releases the NMMS cutoff along with the NMMS result. The qualifying marks for the NMMS exam 2020 is 40% marks (32% for SC/ST).
Question:Is NMMS admit card mandatory at exam centres?
Yes, students should carry the NMMS exam hall ticket at exam centres. No student is allowed to enter the exam premises without the admit card.
Question:Will I have to renew my NMMS Scholarship?
Yes, students need to apply for renewal of NMMS scholarship each year through the National Scholarship portal.
Question:Where can I get the hard copy of the the NMMS application form?
The application forms are also made available at schools. Students can contact their respective school administration sections to get the hard copy.
Question:Can open school students apply for NMMS 2020?
No, only regular students are eligible for NMMS 2020.
Question:What are the qualifying marks for the NMMS 2020 exam?
The qualifying marks of MAT & SAT are 40% in each (32% for SC/ST).
Question:Who can fill the NMMS application form?
Students studying in Class 8 can apply for NMMS exam by filling the application form in online/offline mode as specified by conducting authority of State/UT.
Question:Is there any negative marking in the NMMS scholarship exam?
No, there is no negative marking in the NMMS exam.
Question:How many students are finally selected for NMMS scholarships?
A total of 100,000 are being selected every year for NMMS scholarship.
Question:How to get the details of NMMS exam centres?
The address of the examination centre is mentioned on the NMMS admit card.
Questions related to NMMS
nmms Maharashtra answer key 2016
You can download the NMMS answer key as well as questions from our careers360 website. The link given below will help you in downloading them easily. It will also provide you questions and answers keys of recent NMMS papers.
Hope this helps.
nmms exam answer sheet 2016 17
The question papers foor NMMS exam from previous years can be readily found on different websites in the google, mock tests are available in the books where PDFs are also available for free. You can readily find the questions and the solutions both in these text books and online papers. Make sure you are through with the topics so you can ace the mock test.
nmms exam answDr sheet 2016 17
National Means cum Merit Scholarship Scheme Exam is conducted every year by Science Branch of Directorate of Education, Delhi usually in the month of November for the students studying in class VIII of Govt./Aided schools. You can refer to the following link and check the article that provides you the link of all the previous yer question papers with answer keys till 2020-
last date of applying for NMMS ?
National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme is an initiative by Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and is a national level exam conducted to decrease students' dropout rate in classes 8 & 9 and encourage them to continue their studies to improve India's overall literacy rate. The last date to apply might vary for each state.
You can visit the link below for estimated dates state wise:
can bihar student apply for this ?
If you are referring to NMMS in your query then yes you are eligible to apply for the scholarship if you belong to state of Bihar and is a student studying in Government/local body school in class 8th and must have secured atleast 55% marks in previous class with a family income of less that 1.5 lakhs. National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Scheme is an initiative by Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) and is a national level exam conducted to decrease students' dropout rate in classes 8 & 9 and encourage them to continue their studies to improve India's overall literacy rate.
For more details visit the link below: