About NMMS 2019
NMMS 2019: Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) offers the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) annually to provide scholarships to students of economically weaker sections. Eligible students could apply for NMMS 2019 through NSP till October 15, 2019.
Latest: NMMS result 2019-20 for Goa, UP, Bihar and other states has been released. Check the merit list here.
- State/UT level conducting authority has conducted the application process for the NMMS 2019 exam.
- Students studying in class VIII from any recognized board with parental income less than or equal to Rs. 1,50,000 could apply for the exam.
- NMMS 2019 exam is conducted for 180 marks and has two paper sets - Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Ability Test (SAT).
- NMMS Admit Card 2019 has been released for most of the states. Students should download the same at least 03 days before the exam.
- NMMS exam has been held on November 2, 3 & 17 and December 1, 7, 8, and 22, 2019 for all the states.
- NMMS 2019 answer keys for most of the states has been released for MAT and SAT exam.
- NMMS result 2019-20 of Odisha, Telangana, Karnataka, Meghalaya, MP, HP, Maharashtra and several other states has been released. The result for other states will be declared in June 2020.
- The objective of NMMS is to provide scholarships to students belonging to economically weaker sections of society so that they do not drop out of school.
Who will be provided with NMMS Scholarship 2019?
- Students studying in “Kendriya Vidalayas and “Jawahar Vavodaya Vidlayas” are not eligible for the NMMS scholarship scheme.
- Students who qualify NMMS 2019 are awarded a scholarship of Rs. 12000/- per annum @ Rs. 1000 per month from class IX till class XII.
- Students should have attained a minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade in Class VII exams to apply for NMMS Scholarship 2019.
NMMS 2019 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||National Means Cum-Merit Scholarship|
|Short Exam Name||NMMS|
|Conducting Body||Ministry of Human Resource Development|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Application Fee (General)||100 Rs [Offline] +1 More|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
NMMS 2019 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
01 Jul, 2020
Result - NMMS Goa | Mode: Online
13 Jun, 2020
Result - NMMS UP | Mode: Online
11 Jun, 2020
Result - NMMS Bihar | Mode: Online
08 Jun, 2020
Result - NMMS Odisha | Mode: Online
28 May, 2020
Result - NMMS Telangana | Mode: Online
18 Mar, 2020
Result - NMMS Gujarat | Mode: Online
12 Mar, 2020
Result - NMMS Karnataka merit list | Mode: Online
11 Mar, 2020
Result - West Bengal | Mode: Online
03 Mar, 2020
Result - NMMS AP | Mode: Online
24 Feb, 2020
Result - NMMS Meghalaya | Mode: Online
24 Feb, 2020
Result - NMMS Karnataka marks list | Mode: Offline
22 Feb, 2020
Result - NMMS HP result | Mode: Online
19 Feb, 2020
Result - NMMS Madhya Pradesh | Mode: Online
22 Jan, 2020
Result - Maharashtra (Provisional) | Mode: Online
22 Dec, 2019
Exam - NMMS Gujarat | Mode: Offline
08 Dec, 2019
Exam - NMMS Maharashtra | Mode: Offline
07 Dec, 2019
Exam - Jammu and Kashmir | Mode: Offline
01 Dec, 2019
Exam - NMMS Delhi | Mode: Offline
17 Nov, 2019
Exam - NMMS West Bengal | Mode: Offline
02 Nov, 2019 - 15 Nov, 2019
Admit Card - West Bengal | Mode: Online
15 Jul, 2019 - 15 Oct, 2019
Application | Mode: Online
NMMS 2019 Eligibility Criteria
MHRD issues guidelines which are to be followed by students to be eligible for NMMS and avail scholarship further as well. NMMS 2019 eligibility criteria is given below:
Students must be studying in class VIII and must have minimum 55% score (50% for reserved categories) in class VII.
Annual Income of the applicant’s parents must not be more than Rs. 1,50,000
In order to continue the scholarship, students must obtain 55% (50% for reserved categories) in class IX and XI and 60% (55% for reserved categories) in class X exam.
Students of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Kendriya Vidyalaya and Sainik Schools cannot apply for the scholarship.
Students studying in residential schools run by state government institutions with facilities like boarding, lodging and education cannot apply as well.
Students pursuing their studies in private schools cannot apply for NMMS 2019 exam as well.
Mode of Application : Offline
Mode of Payment : Other
NMMS 2019 application form is available on the National Scholarship Portal. Students can download the application form pdf from the official website of state/UTs’ SCERT. The last date to submit the application form was October 31, 2019. Read below for some key points information on the application process of NMMS 2019:
- Students can download the NMMS application form 2019 online but it has to be submitted in offline mode only.
- Students may also get the application form from the school they are enrolled in itself, thus, ask your teachers for information about NMMS 2019 first.
- Depending on the state, candidates might have to give a fee of Rs. 50/100.
- NIOS students can download the form, fill it up and regional NIOS office they are enrolled in for NMMS Exam.
NMMS Application form Link (State-wise)
|Andhra Pradesh||Click Here||Meghalaya||Click Here|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||Click Here||Mizoram||Click Here|
|Arunachal Pradesh||Click Here||Nagaland||Click Here|
|Assam||Click Here||Odisha||Click Here|
|Bihar||Click Here||Puducherry||Click Here|
|Chandigarh||Click Here||Punjab||Click Here|
|Chattisgarh||Click Here||Rajasthan||Click Here|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||Click Here||Sikkim||Click Here|
|Daman & Diu||Click Here||Tamil Nadu||Click Here|
|Delhi||Click Here||Telangana||Click Here|
|Haryana||Click Here||Tripura||Click Here|
|Himachal Pradesh||Click Here||Uttarakhand||Click Here|
|Gujarat||Click Here||Uttar Pradesh||Click Here|
|Goa||Click Here||West Bengal||Click Here|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Click Here||Lakshadweep||Click Here|
|Jharkhand||Click Here||Madhya Pradesh||Click Here|
|Karnataka||Click Here||Maharashtra||Click Here|
|Kerala||Click Here||Manipur||Click Here|
|ST, General, OBC, SC||Online, Offline||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 100|
|ST, General, OBC, SC||PWD||Online, Offline||Female, Male, Transgender||₹ 100|
NMMS 2019 Preparation Tips
To be well prepared for the NMMS Exam, it is important to follow strategies and try different methods to see which you feel comfortable with. You will be able to study with focus and concentration only when you are comfortable with your surroundings and study strategy. Here are a few nifty tips and tricks to help you with your preparation of NMMS Exam:
- Analyse the syllabus: NMMS 2019 does not a specific syllabus and the questions come from a few outlined topics and subjects. The difficulty level is the syllabus of class VII and VII. Thus, you need to analyse the syllabus of class VII and VIII along with previous year question papers and syllabus provided by MHRD.
- Go through the exam pattern: Now that you have figured out the syllabus for NMMS 2019, you should go through the syllabus to prioritise which topics you will begin to prepare for first and which topics you will prepare later on. Once you have done that, things will be much easier for you.
- Make a study plan: After dividing the syllabus for NMMS 2019 exam, you need to allot time to it according to its weightage, the time required and overall importance of the topic/subject. If it has less weightage, you can do it at the end of your preparation, before you start revising. This study plan will give discipline to the way you study and help you succeed.
- Practice from sample papers: Following your study plan, after you have finished your entire syllabus, you should start solving sample question papers for NMMS 2019 or the previous year's question papers. Turn on a stopwatch and track how long it takes you to complete an exam. This will help you in self-evaluation, through which, you can work on weak parts of your preparation.
- Take ample rest and eat healthily: Remember a healthy body is home to a healthy mind. Thus, to succeed in the NMMS 2019, it is important to take care of your physical as well as mental health. Add short breaks in your study plan and follow your hobbies for some part of the day.
NMMS 2019 Exam Pattern
NMMS 2019 exam pattern is important for success in the NMMS exam. Exam pattern guides students about the standard of questions, number of questions, marking scheme, syllabus and much more. This helps students plan their studies according to weightage and time required for any particular topic. NMMS 2019 exam will have two sections, Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Abilities (SAT). For more details on these two particular topics, read below:
- MAT - The Mental Ability Test section will have 90 objective type, multiple choice questions. Each question is for one mark. These questions will be based on analogy, pattern perception, classification, hidden figures etc. and they will test a student’s reasoning and critical thinking skills.
- SAT - Scholastic Ability Test also consists of 90 objective type, multiple choice questions of one mark each. These questions will come from subjects and topics taught in class VII and VII Science, Social Science and Mathematics and will test the scholastic aptitude of a student.
To succeed in a competition like the NMMS exam, students need to have an edge over the competition. To do that, they need to solve question papers and get familiar with the types of questions that will come in the NMMS 2019 exam. Students can also practice from previous year question papers to get a better idea about the question paper. Students can visit the link provided on this page to download free sample papers, previous year question papers and ebooks for NMMS 2019 free of cost.
The admit card of NMMS 2019 has been released online on different dates of October 2019 in the offline/ online mode. Students whose applications are accepted before the last date can now download the NMMS 2019 admit card from their schools/institutions. Some states has released the NMMS admit card 2019 in online mode.
NMMS admit card 2019 consists of information about the student’s name, centre details, the schedule for exam, roll number etc.
It was crucial to carry the admit card of NMMS 2019 in the exam hall as students were not be allowed to give the exam if they don't have their admit card.
After the exam ends, students had to submit their NMMS admit card to the invigilator, thus, they are advised to keep a photocopy of the admit card beforehand.
Documents Required at Exam
- NMMS Admit Card
- Govt. Issued Photo ID card or School ID card
- Aadhar card
NMMS 2019 Answer Key
- Some state/UT SCERTs has released the NMMS 2019 answer key for MAT and SAT exams.
- Students can access the answer key and calculate their tentative scores.
- They can access the available answer keys through the links given below.
NMMS Answer Key 2019 (State-wise Links)
|Question Paper/Answer Key Name||PDF Links|
|NMMS Andhra Pradesh answer key||Click here|
|NMMS Bihar answer key||Click here|
|NMMS Chandigarh answer key||Click here|
|NMMS Chhattisgarh answer key||Click here|
|NMMS Himachal Pradesh answer key||Click here|
|NMMS Karnataka Answer Key||Click here|
|NMMS Kerala answer key||Click here|
|NMMS Madhya Pradesh answer key||Click here|
|NMMS Maharashtra answer key||Click here|
|NMMS Puducherry Answer Key||Click here|
|NMMS Punjab answer key||Click here|
|NMMS Uttarakhand answer key||Click here|
|NMMS West Bengal answer key||Click here|
NMMS Answer Key - Important Instructions
- To calculate their result using NMMS answer key, candidates need to download the answer key and analyse the correct answers.
- They need to mark all the right answers and add them together as each question weighs one mark.
- This will be done for both MAT and SAT sections. After this procedure is complete for both sections, candidates will be able to see their tentative NMMS 2019 result.
NMMS result 2019-20 has been released by Goa, UP, Bihar, Odisha, Telangana, Chhattisgarh, West Bengal, Karnataka, Meghalaya, MP, HP, Maharashtra and other state-level authorities. Remaining states and UTs will declare the NMMS 2019 result in the month of June 2020. NMMS 2019 result can be check in the online mode and students will have to enter their roll number and school code in the login window to access their result. Some states/UTs announce a final merit list which includes the names of students who qualified NMMS 2019. Steps to check the result are given below:
Step 1: Go to the official website of the state SCERTs
Step 2: Enter your roll number and school code as mentioned in your NMMS 2019 admit card.
Step 3: Click on submit.
Step 4: NMMS result will load on your screen.
Step 5: Download and save the result for future references.
NMMS result will consist of information like the applicant’s name, roll number, qualifying status, section-wise marks obtained against total marks etc.
NMMS 2019 Cutoff
State/UT SCERTs publishes the NMMS cutoff along with the result. NMMS cut off is released state-wise and carries the marks against which students will be granted NMMS scholarship. The cutoff of NMMS 2019 is released online in pdf format and students can check the state-wise NMMS cutoff using the link provided on this page. Steps to download NMMS cut off 2019 are given below:
Step 1: Click on the link provided on this page.
Step 2: A page will load. On the page, find the link titled ‘Check NMMS 2019 Cutoff here’. Click on it.
Step 3: Pdf of NMMS cutoff will load on your browser.
Step 4: Find the download button or a downward arrow and click on that.
Step 5: Save the cutoff for further uses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: What is NMMS?
NMMS stands for National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship. This is a scholarship exam for class 8 students to provide financial assistance to deserving students for high studies.
Question: Who can apply for NMMS exam?
Students who are studying in 8th class and whose parents income is less than 1.5 lakh can apply for NMMS 2019 exam.
Question: Where can I apply for NMMS 2019?
Students can apply for NMMS exam through respective schools in online or offline mode as per the provision of their state-level exam conducting authority.
Question: What is the selection process for NMMS scholarship?
First of all, the NMMS exam is held at all the States/UTs by respective authority and results are declared in the form of merit lists. The selected students need to register on the National scholarship portal to receive scholarships.
Question: How many stages in NMMS 2019 exam?
NMMS exam is a single level exam which is held at the state-level.
Questions related to NMMS
10th science pdf solutions and nmms pdf material required
for the NMMS pdf material questions and solutions, you can refer to the following link to get the question paper and solution key for the same-
for class 10th solutions, you can visit the following link to get the answers-
hope that helps
all the best
2018 Punjab NMMS paper download
Hope you are doing well
Here's the paper
Please visit this website for more information
Actually I passed NMMS exam in 2017 from kerala but I got the amount one time but now I did not get the scholorship amount what can we do now
national merit cum means scholarship is a centrally sponsored scholarship scheme, however students gets around 6000 per year one time in their bank account, nmms scholarship needs to renew in every year, however I suggest you to contact with nmms help desk to clarify your problems regarding stipend issue.
sir i had exam on 04/11/2018 in odisha state at balasore district .My roll no is -322190211126.How can i know my mark folio.
Go to the National Grant Gateway (NSP) site/the official site for NMMS of the state.
Sign in with your accreditations.
Check for the connection which says results.
Snap on it to check your results.
The official link is provided below.
Hope it helps
can any student apply for the nmms scholarship after madyamik examination?please tell me in details.
see to apply for national merit cum means scholarship you dont need to wait upto 10th exam, you may apply for nmms scholarship once you pass your 8th standard exam, the eligibility criteria is,
The candidate must pass class 8th with a minimum of 55% marks (50% for SC/ST) in order to become eligible for the nmms scholarship 2020-21.
Students need to appear and qualify for the NMMS exam.
the family income of the candidate must not exceed Rs.1,50,000.
however Students of Kendriya Vidyalaya and Jawahar Vavodaya Vidyalaya, Sainik Schools, students who are studying in the residential/boarding schools run by the State Government Institutions are not eligible for the NMMS Scholarship.
follow the below link to know in details,