About West Bengal Madhyamik 2020
The West Bengal Madhyamik Examination 2020 is a state level examination for class 10 students. It is organized by West Bengal Board of Secondary Education (WBBSE) through the schools affiliated to WBBSE. WB Madhyamik Routine 2020 has been released in online mode. The examinations were held for English, life science, physical science (a combination of physics and chemistry), history, geography, mathematics, and the first and second languages subjects. The exams have been conducted between February 18 and 27, 2020 at all the exam centers.
Latest: West Bengal Madhyamik Result will be declared soon in online mode.
West Bengal Madhyamik 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||West Bengal Madhyamik examination|
|Short Exam Name||West Bengal Madhyamik|
|Conducting Body||West Bengal Board of Secondary Education|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours 15 Minutes|
West Bengal Madhyamik 2020 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
27 Feb, 2020
Exam - Optional elective subjects | Mode: Offline
26 Feb, 2020
Exam - Life Science | Mode: Offline
25 Feb, 2020
Exam - Physical Science | Mode: Offline
24 Feb, 2020
Exam - Mathematics | Mode: Offline
22 Feb, 2020
Exam - History | Mode: Offline
20 Feb, 2020
Exam - Geography | Mode: Offline
19 Feb, 2020
Exam - Second Language | Mode: Offline
18 Feb, 2020
Exam - First Language | Mode: Offline
West Bengal Madhyamik 2020 Eligibility Criteria
In order to be eligible for the West Bengal Madhyamik Examination 2020, a student must satisfy following West Bengal Madhyamik eligibility criteria:
- A student must be either 15 or 16 years of age on March 1, 2020.
- The student must have successfully passed his/her 9th class examinations.
- A student must satisfy the attendance prerequisites for the West Bengal Madhyamik Examination.
West Bengal Madhyamik 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application : Offline
Mode of Payment : Other
The West Bengal Madhyamik examination 2020 application process is carried out offline through schools. Students need to collect application forms from respective school authority and fill it carefully. They have to attach required documents and submit it to school authority along with the requisite fee. Then schools will have to submit these forms to the concerned authority of WBBSE.
West Bengal Madhyamik 2020 Syllabus
English first language
Modern english short stories
Grammar and, composition connected with a passage
Hindi first language
Nepali first language
Oriya first language
One act play
Gujrati first language
For non-detailed study
Translation from english to gujarati
Gurmukhi first language
Pauh futale to pehlan
Ajoki Punjabi da viyakaran te lekh-rachana
Tamil first language
Non detailed text
Telugu first language
Telugu non-detailed text
Modern Tibetan first language
English second language
List of the words
Addotional material for practice
Nepali second language
Expansion of british empire in India
British raj-colonial impact on Indian economy
Protest, resistance and uprisings during the first century of British rule
Genesis of Indian nationalism
European background of 19th century nationalism in India
Early phase of the Indian national congress
Imperialism and the background of first world war
Background of world war II
Main stages of national movement in India in the decades 1930-1940 A.D
Constitution of independent India
Search for peace in the post-world war
Physical geography of India
Economic geography of India
Nervous system and sense organs with reference to human being
Cell and cell division
Reproduction and heredity
Virus, microbes, diseases and hygiene
Structure of atom
Properties of gases-pressure and temperature
Current electricity and electomagnetism
Electronic theory of oxidation and reduction
Electrolysis - electrolytes and non-electrolytes
Hydrogen chloride (Hydrochloric acid), nitric acid and sulphuric acid
Some important substances - nature and uses
Some metals - aluminium, magnesium, zinc, iron and copper
Mathematics second language
West Bengal Madhyamik 2020 Preparation Tips
In order to score well for West Bengal Madhyamik examination 2020, Students should keep in mind the following preparation tips:
- Regularly revise and study subject matter throughout the year. The regular revision will ensure that concepts are thoroughly grasped by a student.
- A student should practise comprehensively before the examination. Practice will ensure that the student is successful in each aspect of the examination and it will bring to light the areas of study which need additional focus.
- Students should exercise and ensure a healthy diet in order to keep themselves in the pink of health to maintain proper levels of preparation.
- Students should solve mock question papers and sample questions to understand the test pattern and grow familiar with common trends and questions which may appear in the examination.
The West Bengal Madhyamik 2020 exam pattern is the same for all the constituent examinations. The compulsory subjects include First language, Second language, Life science, Physical science, History, Geography, and Mathematics. Each exam is held for 3 hours 15 minutes duration, out of which first 15 minutes is the designated reading time allotted to the students.
WB Madhyamik Marking Scheme
|Pass marks||272 or above|
|Marks for 1st Division||480 or above|
|Marks for 2nd Division||360 or above|
|Marks for 3rd Division||272 or above|
West Bengal Madhyamik 2020 Admit Card
The West Bengal Madhyamik admit cards were released online in the first week of February. The admit cards were made available through schools. The WB 10th admit card has to be collected from the respective school authority. It is mandatory to carry admit card to the exam hall as no student is allowed to sit for the exam without it.
Documents Required at Exam
- West Bengal Madhyamik Examination admit card
- Valid government issued photo ID
The West Bengal Madhaymik result 2020 will be released in May 2020. The result will be made available in online mode through the official website: wbresults.nic.in. Students can access the result by logging in with their roll numbers and date of birth. Follow the steps given below to check WB 10th result 2020:
- Visit the official website: wbresults.nic.in.
- Click on the link of WB Madhyamik result 2020.
- It will lead to a login window of 10th class result.
- Enter registration number and date of birth in the respective fields.
- Click on submit button and result will appear on the screen.
- Take a screenshot or printout of the result.
In order to pass in the West Bengal Madhyamik examination 2020, students are required to obtain at least:
- A minimum of 34% in each subject
- A minimum of 20% in each oral subject
Qualifying Marks Trend
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: What is the date of the WB Madhyamik exam?
West Bengal Madhyamil exams were conducted from February 18 to February 27, 2020.
Question: When will the West Bengal Madhyamik results be declared?
WB Madhyamik result will be released between May 19 to May 25, tentatively.
Questions related to West Bengal Madhyamik
How should I prepare for ISI B.Stat admission test within one or two months? I dont have TOMATO book but I have WBCHSE road to success mathematics book only. Is it enough to crack ISI?
If you are worried about score, then first thing you have to do is to calm down. Score won't come if you get anxious.
- If you have prescribed book which is needed to prepare for entrance exam then that much will do.
- Start from easy chapters. Solve examples and chapter end questions. there is solution to everything.
- Solve and look for solution. check if it is correct. if you get wrong then solve it again next day morning or evening. Keep on progressing.
- Go from easy to hard and wrong to right.
There is no shortcut to success. It is only hardwork to get it. Practice as much as you can. Take help of friends and youtube lectures if necessary.
Hope it helps!
Can I only practice WBCHSE road to success mathematics book for ISI BStat admission test?
The book WBSCHE road to success mathematics, is indeed a good book for ISI B Stat admission test. These are some other books that you can use:
- An Excursion in Mathematics
- Problem Primer for the Olympiad
- Modern Geometry
- Plane Trigonometry
Hope this answer helps!
how many subject will be counted while making grade 5 or 7
Generally 5 subjects are considered in the gradation system. But for different entrance exams , they consider their own pattern for counting grade. The thing is you have not mentioned the purpose of your query. Normally you can consider all the subjects to speak your grade, but for different purposes the gradation system varies.
Hope this helps!