About Assam AHSEC 2020
Assam Higher Secondary Education Council (AHSEC) conducts the Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate (HSSLC) examination for class 12 students, every year. The registration for Assam HS final exams 2020 concluded on October 31, 2019. As per AHSEC 12th eligibility criteria, students must have a minimum of 75% attendance in their 12th class.
- The council released the Assam HS time table 2020 on December 9, 2019.
- HS practical exams were conducted from January 18 to 30, 2020.
- Assam AHSEC theory exams 2020 were held from February 12 to March 14, 2020.
- Assam HS exams are conducted in two shifts i.e morning shift (9:00 am to 12:00 noon) and afternoon shift (1:30 pm to 4:30 pm) across various test centres in the state.
- Students should complete the Assam AHSEC syllabus at least 1 month before the Assam HS exams 2020 to obtain good marks.
- Assam Board will announce the HS result for arts, science, and commerce streams between June 20 and 25, 2020.
- Assam HS result 2020 can be accessed by entering roll code and roll number in the result window.
- Students who have a doubt regarding the marks can apply for verification of result along with the requisite fee.
- Students who clear Assam HS Exams 2020 will be able to take admission to UG programmes in various colleges and institutes.
Assam AHSEC 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Assam Higher Secondary Educational Council Examination|
|Short Exam Name||Assam AHSEC|
|Conducting Body||Assam Higher Secondary Education Council|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Languages||Arabic, English +2 More|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Application Fee (General)||200 Rs [Offline]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
Assam AHSEC 2020 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
14 Mar, 2020
Exam - Home Science | Mode: Offline
13 Mar, 2020
Exam - Computer Science & Application | Mode: Offline
12 Mar, 2020
Exam - Statistics/Biotechnology/Music (Group C) | Mode: Offline
07 Mar, 2020
Exam - Antropology/Sociology/Salesmanship & Advertising | Mode: Offline
06 Mar, 2020
Exam - Swadesh Adhyayan/IT/Ites/Retail Trade | Mode: Offline
05 Mar, 2020
Exam - Commerical Mathematics & Statistics/Geography/Geology/Elective Paper VI (Voc) | Mode: Offline
04 Mar, 2020
Exam - Multimedia & Web Technology/Economic Geography/Music (Group B) | Mode: Offline
03 Mar, 2020
Exam - Mathematics/Fine Arts | Mode: Offline
29 Feb, 2020
Exam - Logic & Philosophy/Banking/Psychology | Mode: Offline
28 Feb, 2020
Exam - Music (Group A)/Advanced Sanskrit/Elective Paper V (Voc) | Mode: Offline
27 Feb, 2020
Exam - Biology/Insurance/History | Mode: Offline
25 Feb, 2020
Exam - Entrepreneurship Development | Mode: Offline
24 Feb, 2020
Exam - Modern Indian Languages/Alternative English | Mode: Offline
22 Feb, 2020
Exam - Advanced Langauges/Arabic/Persian/Sanskrit | Mode: Offline
20 Feb, 2020
Exam - Physics / Accountancy / Education / Elective Paper-IV (Voc) | Mode: Offline
17 Feb, 2020
Exam - Economics | Mode: Offline
15 Feb, 2020
Exam - Chemistry/Business Studies/Political Science/General Foundation Course II (Voc) | Mode: Offline
12 Feb, 2020
Exam - English | Mode: Offline
01 Oct, 2019 - 31 Oct, 2019
Application | Mode: Online
Assam AHSEC 2020 Eligibility Criteria
To appear for Assam AHSEC exams 2020, students have to fulfill the following eligibility norms -
- A student must have studied class 12 in an institution affiliated to AHSEC.
- Students have to obtain 75% attendance during the period of study in class 12.
- They must clear all dues of the current academic year.
- Candidates must fill the application form, pay the exam fee and submit the form to their respective schools before the deadline.
- Candidates whose forms are accepted by the board will be issued admit cards, after which they can appear for the Assam HS exams 2020.
Assam AHSEC 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application : Offline
Mode of Payment : Other
Students studying in class 12 in an institution affiliated to AHSEC can obtain the examination form from there schools/ colleges. They have to pay the required examination fee as directed by the school authority and submit the filled form along with specified documents to the school itself. The board will issue Assam AHSEC admit cards to students whose forms are accepted.
|General, ST, OBC, SC||Offline||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 200|
Assam AHSEC 2020 Syllabus
Adolescence education, value education
Adolescence education, value education
Essay writing and composition
Adolescence education, value education
Prose (essay + short story)
Biographies and grammar
Translation from english to urdu
Grammar and composition
Adolescence education, need for value education
Grammar and composition
Advanced writing skills
Nature and significance of management
Principles of management
Accounting for nor not-for profit organizations
Accounting for partnership : basic concepts
Reconstitution of partnership firm– admission of a partner
Reconstitution of partnership firm– retirement/death of a partner
Dissolution of partnership firm
Accounting for share capital
Issue and redemption of debentures
Financial statements of a company
Analysis of financial statements
Cash flow statement
Overview of computerized accounting system
Using computerized accounting system
Accounting using database management system
Accounting applications of electronic spreadsheet
Consumer behavior and demand
Producer behavior and supply
Forms of market and price determination
Simple applications of tools of demand and supply
National income and related aggregates
Determination of income and employment
Money and banking
Government budget and the economy
Balance of payments
Salesmanship and Advertising
Selection of salesman
Salesman’s authority/consumer protection
Preparation of advertising
Appeal in advertising
Advertising agency and clients
Commercial banking in India
Reserve bank of India
Non-bank financial institution
Cheque- collection and payment
Employment of fund
General insurance act
Fundamental principle of fire insurance
Fire insurance policies
Procedure of claims
Fundamental principle of marine insurance
Types of marine insurance policies
Marine losses and claim
Introduction and classes of miscellaneous insurance
Relations and Functions
Vectors algebra and three-dimensional geometry
Resource: mineral, energy
Trade: export and import
North east India with special reference to Assam
Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Pakistan
Computer science and application
Programming methodology and flowchart
Programming in C++
Data structures in C++
Introduction to computer networking
Commercial Mathematics and Statistics
Simple and compound interest
Set theory, determinants, matrices
Statistical average, positional measures
Measures of dispersion (variation)
Importance and launching of an enterprise
Review of government politics and act
Multimedia and web technology
Advanced computer system
Advanced web technology
Multimedia authoring tools
Calculus of finite difference
Theory of probability
Elementary theory of sampling and test of significance
Magnetic effects of current and magnetism
Electromagnetic induction and alternating currents
Dual nature of matter and radiation
Atoms and nuclei
General principles and processes of isolation of elements
D- and f-block elements
Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
Alcohols, phenols and ethers
Aldehydes, ketones and carboxylic acids
Organic compounds containing nitrogen
Chemistry in everyday life
Biology Group-A Botany
Sexual reproduction (1, 2)
Genetics and evolution (7)
Biology and human welfare (9, 10)
Biotechnology and its application (11, 12)
Ecology (13, 16)
Biology Group-B zoology
Reproduction (3, 4)
Genetics and evolution (5, 6)
Biology and human welfare (8, 9)
Biotechnology and its application (12)
Ecology (14, 15, 16, 17)
Transport, communication and trade
India– people and economy
Resources and development
Transport, communication and international trade
Geographical perspective on selected issues and problems
Physio graphy, drainage Climate
People : composition, distribution, density
Economy : agriculture and industrial base and development
Transport and communication
Ground water and engineering geology
Physical anthropology (ii)
Pre historic archaeology (ii)
Material culture and economic anthropology
Social anthropology and ethnography
Know little children
Nutrition for self and family
Money management and consumer education
Home science : its application
Logic and philosophy
Induction, its kinds
Grounds of induction
Hypothesis and its kinds
Mill’s methods of experimental enquiry
Realism– native realism
Idealism– subjective idealism
Ethics– its meaning and nature
Religion– its meaning and nature, religion and morality
Pictorial drawing ,isometric sketching, isometric projection of solids
Graphical representation of information
Orthographic projection of machine blocks and machine elements
Free hand sketch of bearing rod-joint pipe joint couplings, pulleys, keys, gears, screw jack
Protein engineering and bioinformatics
Genetic engineering and genomics
Environmental biotechnology and bioethics
Plant cell culture technology
Animal cell culture technology
Drama and prose
Assam AHSEC 2020 Preparation Tips
Candidates can go through the following preparation tips to qualify Assam HS exams 2020
- Prepare a timetable keeping an equal time slot for each paper. Also, keep a time slot for solving AHSEC sample papers and previous years’ question papers.
- Download the Assam HS time table 2020 and paste it near your study table to avoid missing the important dates.
- Go through each topic in the syllabus and do not leave out any topic. If a topic is difficult, keep that for later and clarify your doubts by talking to teachers.
- Make a habit of maintaining short notes while studying. This way, while revising for the Assam HS exams 2020, students will not require to read the entire textbook or notes all over again.
- To make the study time less tedious and to improve concentration level, take short breaks in between the study schedule.
Assam AHSEC 2020 Exam Pattern
- Assam HS Final Examination 2020 will be conducted from February 12 to March 14, 2020.
- The pass marks for subjects having no practical exam is 30% of the total marks.
- Besides, The qualifying marks for a subject having practical exams are 30% for the theory part and 40% for the practical part.
- Students need to qualify both theory part and practical part separately to pass Assam HS exams 2020.
- The exam duration of Assam AHSEC varies from 1.5 hours to 2.5 hours, depending on the subject.
- Knowing the Assam AHSEC exam pattern help students to be familiar with the subject-wise marking scheme, the number, and types of questions asked in the exam.
- This, in turn, helps students to prepare for their exam in an effective manner.
- Students who are appearing for the Assam AHSEC exams 2020 should practice previous years’ question papers, which will help them boost their time management skill and accuracy.
List of Modern Indian Language (MIL) Subjects:
List of Elective Subjects (Science Stream)
- Geology or Geography
- Computer Science & Application
- Home Science
- Logic & Philosophy
- Engineering Drawing
- Multimedia & Web Technology
- Entrepreneurship Development
- The board has provided the last year's Assam HS papers on its website, ahsec.nic.in
- Students appearing for Assam HS exams 2020 must practice the previous year question papers or sample papers to understand the exam pattern better.
- It also helps in increasing speed, hands-on experience for the actual exam day.
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit Card
- School Id-card
Assam Board will declare the Assam HS result 2020 between June 20 and 25, 2020. Last year, the result was announced on May 25, 2019. After the result declaration, students will be able to collect their original mark sheets from there respective schools in person. The result of Assam AHSEC exams 2020 will comprise of candidate’s name, roll number, subject-wise marks, overall score and qualifying status among others.
Steps to check the Assam 12th result-
Step 1: Click on the link to check Assam HS result 2020.
Step 2: Enter roll number and captcha in spaces provided on the login page
Step 3: Click on ‘Submit’. The result will be displayed on the screen.
Step 4: Download and take a printout of the provisional result. Retain the same until original mark sheets are issued.
Qualifying Marks Trend
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question: What are the practical dates of Assam HS exams?
Assam HS practical exams were held from January 18 to 30, 2020.
Question: What should I do after passing Assam HS 2020 exams?
After passing class 12 Assam HS exams, you should choose an undergraduate or diploma course among the courses after 12th to pursue higher studies.
Question: Can I apply for Assam HS exams individually?
No, you can not apply for Assam HS exams as applications are accepted in online mode only.
Questions related to Assam AHSEC
what exam should i have to give to do b.pharm in assam
In dibrugarh university to do bpharm in assam you have to qualify your 10+2 examination or you have your diploma. But in case of board exam you must have 75% in physics, chemistry and biology.
As per the state council the entrace exam conducted is must be cleared.
Hope for the best.
What is the entrance exam for AIN, Guwahati?
AIN, also known as the Army Institute of Nursing offers the course of B.Sc. and M.Sc. in Nursing. The course here is designed according to Indian Nursing Council, New Delhi. B.Sc. is 4 years long and M.Sc. is 2 year long. The application will start in the second week of March 2020 for B.Sc. Nursing and the OAT or Online Admission Test will be held somewhere in the first week of June 2020.
The eligibility criteria for the same having appeared for 10+2 with the subjects PCB, where Biology could have been exchanged for other electives. English is a compulsory language. The institute also accepts students from B.Sc. which the same subject requirements along with some other contingencies if required. The minimum prescribed aggregate for admission is 50% to appear for the entrance exam. The age limit for giving the exam is 22 years on the December 31 in the year of admission.
The OAT or Online Admission test can be applied for through the official website of AIN Guwahati and the exam consists of 5 subjects- Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English and General Awareness. The duration of the exam of 2 hours. There are 120 questions with 1 mark for every correct answer and 1/4 negative marking for every wrong answer. The exam will have questions from the syllabus of 11th and 12th wit 50 questions in Biology (divided into Botany and Zoology), 25 questions in Physics, 25 questions in Chemistry, 10 questions in English and 10 questions in General Awareness.
Hope this helps. All the best!
Can i apply for only one subject improvement in assam AHSEC board class 12 exam.What if i get less marks in improvement exam.PLEASE ANSWER...
dont worry just stuy hard here i have gathered some stury material and some syllabus for you people hope you would like those check out the it here : SiTwithSiR.com (//SiTwithSiR.com) all the best to you