NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 14 Mathematical Reasoning
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 14 Mathematical Reasoning: The asset that made humans “superior” to other species was the ability to reason. In mathematics, there are mainly two kinds of reasoning.
- Inductive reasoning (In chapter 4 mathematical induction you have learnt about inductive reasoning)
- Deductive reasoning
In this article, you will get NCERT solutions for class 11 maths chapter 14 mathematical reasoning. In this chapter, you will learn different types of statements like simple statements, compound statements, negation, conditional statements, biconditional statements, conjunction, disjunction, negation, etc. There are a total of 18 questions in 5 exercises of NCERT textbook. First, try to solve all NCERT problems on your own. If you are not able to do so you can take help from NCERT solutions for class 11 maths chapter 14 mathematical reasoning. All these questions are prepared and explained in a step-by-step manner to understand the concepts very easily. There are 7 questions are given in the miscellaneous exercise. In solutions of NCERT for class 11 maths chapter 14 mathematical reasoning, you will get solutions of miscellaneous exercise too. These solutions will help you in the preparation of CBSE class 11 final examination as well as in the various competitive exams like JEE Main, VITEEE, BITSAT, etc. This chapter is not included in the syllabus of Jee advanced. Check all NCERT solutions which will help you to understand the concepts in a much easy way. Here you will get NCERT solutions for class 11 also.
Latest : NEET exam preparation bothering you? Why wait, start preparing with NEET Online Preparation Program. Know More
Latest : Why settle for a classroom full of children when you can have your own personalized classroom? Start preparing with our JEE Main Online Preparation Program. Know More
|Basis for comparison||Deductive Reasoning||Inductive Reasoning|
|Approach||Top-down approach||Bottom-up approach|
|Based on||Truths, facts and rules||Trend or Patterns|
|Process||Observation > Pattern > Hypothesis > Theory||Theory > Hypothesis > Observation > Confirmation|
|Structure||Goes from specific statement to general statement||Goes from general statement to specific statement|
Prepare Online for JEE Main
Crack JEE with Online Preparation Program
Which of the following sentences are statements? Give reasons for your answer.
- There are 35 days in a month.
- Mathematics is difficult.
- The sum of 5 and 7 is greater than 10.
- The square of a number is an even number.
- There are 28 or 29 or 30 or 31 days in a month. The given sentence is false. Hence it is a statement.
- Mathematics can be difficult for some and easy for others. So it is neither true nor false. Hence it is not a statement.
- Sum of 5 and 7 = 5 + 7 = 12 > 10. Hence the sentence is true. So it is a statement.
- , which is even, and , which is odd. So the square of a number may be even or maybe odd. Hence it is not a statement.
Topics of NCERT Grade 11 Maths Chapter-14 Mathematical Reasoning
14.3 New Statements from Old
14.4 Special Words/Phrases
14.6 Validating Statements
The complete solutions of NCERT class 11 mathematics chapter 14 mathematical reasoning is provided below:
NCERT solutions for class 11 mathematics
NCERT solutions for class 11- Subject wise
|NCERT solutions for class 11 biology|
|NCERT solutions for class 11 maths|
|NCERT solutions for class 11 chemistry|
|NCERT solutions for Class 11 physics|
Benefits of NCERT solutions
- NCERT solutions for class 11 maths chapter 14 mathematical reasoning will introduce you to different ways to approach the problems.
- This chapter is very easy and has three concepts. NCERT exercise questions are enough for the practice. If you are finding difficulties in solving the problems, you can take help from NCERT solutions for class 11 maths chapter 14 mathematical reasoning.
- All these exercise questions are solved in a very detailed manner. So it will be very easy for you to understand the concepts.
- You can solve 7 problems given in the miscellaneous exercise to get command on this chapter.
Happy Reading !!!
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 14 Mathematical Reasoning
Question: What are important topics of the chapter Mathematical Reasoning ?
Statements, New Statements from Old, Special Words/Phrases, and Validating Statements are the important topics of this chapter.
Question: What is the weightage of the chapter Mathematical Reasoning in Jee main ?
This chapter has 4% weightage in the Jee main exam.
Question: Does CBSE provides the solutions of NCERT class 11 maths ?
No, CBSE doesn’t provide NCERT solutions for any class or subject.
Question: Where can I find the complete solutions of NCERT for class 11 maths ?
Here you will get the detailed NCERT solutions for class 11 maths by clicking on the link.
Question: How many chapters are there in CBSE class 11 maths ?
There are 16 chapters starting from set to probability in CBSE class 11 maths.
Question: Which is the official website of NCERT ?
http://ncert.nic.in/ is the official website of the NCERT where you can get NCERT textbooks and syllabus from class 1 to 12.
CBSE Class 11 Physics Syllabus 2021 - CBSE prescribes the NCER...
CBSE Class 11 Maths Syllabus 2021- Students can check unit-wis...
PSEB 8th Result 2021 - Punjab board will declare the PSEB clas...
PRMO Registration 2020-21 - HBCSE had released the registratio...
IMO answer key 2020-21 (Level 1) - SOF will release the IMO 2...
SOF Results 2020-21 - Science Olympiad Foundation will release...
IMO Syllabus 2021 - Students can check Mathematical Olympiad S...
IMO Sample Papers 2020 - Silverzone Olympiad Foundation has re...
SOF IEO Answer Key 2020-21 will be released for set A, set B a...