Sainik School Eligibility Criteria 2019
Ipshita Sarmah, 13 Nov 2018

Sainik School Eligibility Criteria 2019 – Sainik Schools Society has laid down certain eligibility criteria that candidates need to fulfill in order to take admission to class VI and IX in Sainik School. The Sainik School eligibility criteria comprises conditions regarding age, domicile, educational qualification etc. As per Sainik School eligibility criteria 2019, boys who are studying in class V or VIII from a recognized school can apply for admission to the subsequent year. For class VI admission, one has to be between 10-11 years, while for admission to class IX, candidates have to be between 13-14 years of age as on July 1, 2019. Students planning to appear for the All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examination (AISSEE) must go through the eligibility criteria and verify if they are eligible to apply for Sainik School admission 2019. Applications of those found ineligible will be rejected without any refund of application fee. Read the entire article for detailed information on Sainik School eligibility criteria 2019 regarding age, education and domicile among others.

To download School School Admission Form 2019-20, Click here

Sainik School Eligibility Criteria 2019

It is important for candidates to read all the eligibility clauses before they proceed to fill the Sainik School application form. Students must apply only after making sure that they fulfill all the eligibility norms. This will help them avoid hassles in the admission process. Those found ineligible at any later stage will not be granted admission and the fee paid while filling the form will not be returned either. The conditions stated in Sainik School eligibility criteria 2019 have been detailed below: 

Sainik School Eligibility Criteria 2019 - Age 

Requirements regarding age mentioned in the eligibility criteria of Sainik School admission have been mentioned below:

Class to which seeking admission

Age as on 01 July 2019

Born between-to

Class VI

10-11 years

July 2, 2008 – July 1, 2009

Class IX

13-14 years

July 2, 2005 – July 1, 2006

Sainik School Eligibility Criteria 2019 - Domicile

Students belonging to any state in India can apply for admission to any of the 26 Sainik Schools. However, a large proportion of the seats are reserved for candidates from the state in which a particular branch of the school is located. For a better understanding of this, the reservation criteria of Sainik School has been provided below. 

Reservation of seats in Sainik School

(i) Sainik School reserves 15% of the total seats for SC candidates and 7.5% seats for those belonging to ST. 

(ii) Out of the remaining seats, 67% of the seats are reserved for students belonging to the state in which a particular Sainik School is located. The rest of the 33% seats are given out to boys from other states and union territories. In case some seats are left unfilled, they will be merged with the home state seats.
(iii) 25% seats in Sainik Schools are reserved for wards of service personnel including ex-servicemen. 

Sainik School Admission Form 2019

Sainik Schools Society conducts Admission to class VI and IX in 26 branches of Sainik Schools located across the country. The application forms for admission to Sainik Schools are available from October 8 till November 26, 2018. Candidates can submit the completely filled application form till December 1, 2018.  AISSEE for class VI and IX is an offline, multiple choice questions based test, held for 300 and 400 marks, respectively. Students fulfilling Sainik School eligibility criteria 2019 can apply for the admission which includes a written exam, interview and medical examination.

Never miss exam and college updates Login

Download the Careers360 App on your Android phone

Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile

Careers360 App
150M+ Students
24,000+ Colleges
500+ Exams
1500+ E-books