Kendriya Vidyalaya admission 2021-22 Form for Class 1 to 12 - Check Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 - KVS will release KV admission form for class 1 in the first week of March 2021. KVS admission 2021-22 forms are made available online on kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2021.
- The guidelines of Kendriya Vidyalaya admission 2021-22 for Class 1 to 12 will be released along with a notification.
- For Class 1 kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2021-22, the minimum age to apply is 5 years.
- Parents/Guardians can submit the Kendriya Vidyalaya admission 2021 -2021 forms for class 1 in online mode. There is no fees to fill online KVS admission 2020-21 form.
- Check KV registration 2021 form to know the process to apply for kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2021-22.
- The kvsangathan.nic.in admission 2021-22 for class 2 to 12 will be conducted in offline mode. Parents/guardians will have to submit the KV admission form 2021-22 at respective KVs for class 1 to 12.
- The admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya 2021-22 is offered based on priority and lottery system. The selection list of kvsangathan.nic.in admission 2021-22 will be displayed in online and offline mode.
Parents should submit the required documents and admission fees to confirm the Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22. Read the article to know how to get admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya including dates, eligibility criteria, admission process, etc.
Click here to download KV admission guidelines of last year. Download KVS admission notice here.
What are the dates of Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22?
The schedule for kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2021-22 admissions will be announced through official notice. Parents/Students can check the expected dates for KV admission 2021-22 in the following table. Keep the required things ready to apply for admission in Kendriya Vidyalaya on time. Click here to download the schedule for kvsangathan.nic.in admission of last year.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Class 1 Admission Dates 2021-22 (Tentative)
|Advertisement releasing date||Last week of February 2021|
|Start of KV admission 2021||March 1, 2021 from 8 am|
|Last Date to submit kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2021-22 form||March 19, 2021 till 4 pm|
|Kendriya Vidyalaya 1st Class admission list releasing date||March 26, 2021 - First admission list|
|Declaration of a provisional select list of students as per priority category for unreserved seats||Last week of March 2021|
|2nd notification date (If seats remain vacant under SC/ST and RTE provision)||March 30, 2021|
|KV online registrations (for 2nd notification)||March 30, 2021 - April 6, 2021|
|Kendriya Vidyalaya admission list display for second notification||April 8, 2021 - April 15, 2021|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Class 2 Admission 2021-22 Dates Onwards (Except class XI)
|KV registration start date||April 2, 2021 (8 am)|
|Last date for registration||April 9, 2021 (4 pm)|
|Admission list releasing date||April 12, 2021|
|KVS admission period||April 12, 2021 to April 20, 2021|
|KV Admission Last date||April 30, 2021|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 Dates for Class 11
|KV Class 11th admission Start Date||Within 10 days after the CBSE 10th result declaration|
|KV class 11 admission list date||Within 10 days after the start date|
|KV Admission for Non-KV students||Only after the admission of KV students|
|KV Admission Last Date||July 1, 2021|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 Procedure at Glance
- Fill KV admission form on kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2021-22
- Download KVS admission list
- Submit documents at respective KVs (if selected)
- Pay the fees and start studying.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 - Eligibility Criteria
KVS determined some eligibility conditions which are mandatory to be fulfilled by each student to be eligible for KV admission 2021-22. The eligibility conditions of kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2021-22 admissions are given below:
- The children of Indian Nationals can apply for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22.
- The children of Foreign Nationals who are located in India due to any reason are also eligible for KVS admission 2021.
Age Limit for KV Online Admission 2021-22
Student’s age should not be less than the minimum age and should not be more than the maximum age limit. In short, his/her age should lie between the given age limit as on March 31, 2021. In case of a differently-abled child, the maximum age can be relaxed by two years by the Principal of respective KVs.
Age Limit for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22
|Class||Age Limit (In years as on March 31, 2021)|
|Class 1||5 to 7|
|Class 2||6 to 8|
|Class 3||7 to 9|
|Class 4||8 to 10|
|Class 5||9 to 11|
|Class 6||10 to 12|
|Class 7||11 to 13|
|Class 8||12 to 14|
|Class 9||13 to 15|
|Class 10||14 to 16|
Note: There is no age limit for class 11 and 12 admissions, but students should be seeking for Kendriya Vidyalaya admission 2021-22 in the year of passing class 10 and 11 examinations. In short, there should be no gap between the year of passing the previous examination and seeking admission.
How to apply for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22?
The parents of Class 1 students can apply for admission by filling an online application form on kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2021-22. KV admissions forms can be submitted in online mode through KVS admission portal. The application submission process is mainly divided into two parts:
- Registration on kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2021
- Filling and submitting admission form
KV Class 1 admission - Steps for registration
- Go to the KVS admission portal: kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2021-22 admission
- Click on the 'New Registration' button.
- Read the instructions carefully and enable the checkbox of declaration, then click on proceed.
- The KV registration window will open on the screen. Enter the name of Child, Parent's name, DOB, E-mail Id, Mobile Number and other details in the appropriate fields.
- Enter the captcha code as shown and click on the 'register' button.
- An OTP will be sent to the entered mobile number. Enter the same and submit to confirm the contact details.
- Login details will be shown on the screen. Note them down and keep it safe for further references.
Filling and submitting Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Form 2021-22
- After registration on kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2021-22, click on the login tab given on the top bar and enter login details generated during registration and captcha code as shown, then click on the login button.
- Now, KV online admission application form will open on the screen. Enter the basic information and personal details as asked and click on the Next button to go to the next page of kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2021-22 form.
- Now, select the choice of Schools from the given list of schools. A student can choose up to three schools for Kendriya Vidyalaya admission 2021-22.
- Then, upload the scanned copy of the student’s photo and DOB certificate in a specified format and size.
- On the declaration and submit page read all the declarations and click on the checkbox to ensure that the declarations are accepted.
- Then click on the save to preview button after that click on the preview button.
- Check all the details in the form if everything is correct, then, submit kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2021-22 application form else edit it.
- An OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number and note down the generated application submission code shown on kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2021
Apply for Region-wise Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22
Documents Required for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22
- Birth Certificate or proof of DOB
- Passport Size photo of the child
- Residence Proof
- SC/ST/OBC certificate
- EWS/BPL certificate
- An affidavit in the case of Single Girl Child
- Service certificate of employee
- A proof of the relationship of child’s parents with grandparents.
Priority Category System of Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22
KV admissions are provided to the children on the basis of priority of their category. The preference order Kendriya Vidyalaya admission 2021-22 is fixed which are given below:
Priority order For Civil/Defence Sector KVs
|Preference Order||Children of (Transferable, and non-transferable)|
|1st||Central government employees, and ex-servicemen.|
|2nd||Employees of autonomous bodies, public sector undertaking or Institute of Higher Learning of the Government of India.|
|3rd||State government employees.|
|4th||Employees of autonomous bodies / public sector undertaking of the Government of respective state.|
|5th||Children of any other category and foreign national officials.|
Note: In case two or more students have the same category for a seat then preference will be decided on the basis of the number of transfers of the parents in the last 7 years.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 - Reservation System
Out of the total 40 seats in each class and in each KV, 10 seats are reserved for SC, ST, and Physically Disabled category students. The detailed KV admission reservation system is given in the following table.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Reservation System
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||15%|
|Scheduled Tribes (ST)||7.5 %|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC-NCL)||27%|
|Physically Disabled (PH)||3%|
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 Process
The admission process of KV is different for class 1, 2 to 8, and classes 9, 10, 11, and 12. However, the priority category system and the reserved seats under RTE are similar for each class. Check the following sections to know about KVS admission 2021-22 process for each class:
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 for Class 1
There will be no admission test for class 1 kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2021-22 admission. The seats are filled at two phases as explained below:
- First Lot: In this phase, 10 seats out of 40 are filled as per RTE provision by draw of lots from all applications of SC/ST/EWS/BPL/OBC/differently-abled children.
- Second Lot: Lottery for differently-abled students of SC/ST/OBCNCL/unreserved category as per priority category system.
- Third Lot: Remaining seats of KV admission 2021-22 will be filled as per the existing priority category system of category 1 and 2.
- Fourth Lot: The shortfall in the seats reserved for SC/ST/OBC-NCL will be covered by admitting SC/ST/OBC-NCL students as per priorities of admission irrespective of the sanctioned strength.
- Fifth Lot: If any seat is vacant, then priority category 3 onwards will be taken up for kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2021-22 admission.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 for Class 2 to 8
- There will be no admission test for class 2 to 8 KV admission 2021.
- The seats are given to the students as per the priority category allotment system.
- In case the number of applications is more than the number of seats, then the lottery system will be followed in each category.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 for Class 9
- There will be an admission test to conduct class 9 KV admissions, after which a merit list will be prepared for each category separately.
- The admission test comprises Maths, Hindi, English, Science, and Social Science subjects.
- The duration of Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission test is 3 hours which will carry 100 marks in total.
- The minimum qualifying marks are 33% for general category students, and 25% for the reserved categories.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 for Class 11
KV admission in class 11 in different streams will be given to the students as per their aggregate marks in class 10 exams as given below:
Minimum Qualifying Marks for class 11 KV Admission
|Stream||Minimum aggregate marks|
|Humanities||All passed KV students|
- If two or more students have equal marks in class 10 then inter-se-merit of such student will be decided on then, students with higher marks in Maths will be selected for Kendriya Vidyalaya admission 2021-22.
- If the tie continues, then, Maths and Science marks will be considered after that older candidate will be given preference.
- If they have the same marks in Math and Science also, then the elder student in age will be preferred for KVS admission 2021-22.
After admitting KV students, if seats remain vacant then KV admissions can be granted to non-KV children as per the priority category system defined above.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 for Class 10 and 12
If the strength of class 10 or 12 is less than 40 in any KV then the Deputy Commissioner of the Region will open class 10th and 12th KV admission 2021-22 as per the availability of seats. These admissions will be provided on the basis of the following conditions:
- The child should be studying in a CBSE-affiliated school.
- A student seeking for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 in class 10 or 12, must have scored aggregate 55% marks in class 9 or 11 exams respectively.
- The student will have to opt from the available combination of subjects in Kendriya Vidyalayas.
Draw of Lots for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22
- A committee is constituted at every Kendriya Vidyalaya to monitor the system of draw of lots.
- This system is followed for KVS admission in class 1 or other class.
- In case two or more students of a particular category have the same number of transfers then this system is followed to give allot the seats.
- There will be a total of 5 members in the committee as shown below and the 6th member can be nominated by the Principal.
KVS Admission Committee Members for Draw of Lots
The fee structure of Kendriya Vidyalaya includes admission, re-admission, computer, and seven other types of the fee. The computer fee is applied from class 3 onwards, and the Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi fee is applied to all the classes. Find full KV fee details in the following table:
KV Admission Fees Structure
|Admission Fee||Rs. 25.00|
|Re-Admission Fee||Rs 100.00|
|Tuition Fee||Class IX & X (Boys)||Rs 200.00|
|Class XI & XII Commerce & Humanities (Boys)||Rs 300.00|
|Class XI & XII Science (Boys)||Rs.400.00|
|Computer Fund||Class III onwards wherever Computer Education is being imparted||Rs 100.00|
|Computer Science Fee. (for elective subjects) + 2 stage||Rs 150.00|
|Vidyalaya Vikas Nidhi (Classes I - XII)||Rs. 500.00|
Note: No fee is charged from the students admitted under the 25% quota prescribed under RTE Act 2009
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - Kendriya Vidyalaya admission 2021-22 Form for Class 1 to 12 - Check Dates, Eligibility, Syllabus
Question: When will Kendriya vidyalaya admission 2021-22 for class 1 be started?
The online registration for KV Class 1 admission 2021-22 are expected to start in the first week of March 2021.
Question: What is the class strength at Kendriya Vidyalayas?
In each KV, a total of 40 students are admitted in each class. But the Principal of Vidyalaya can extend class strength upto 50 on the basis of various provisions.
Question: Can students of State Boards apply for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22?
Yes, the students of State Boards/ICSE/NIOS can apply for KVS admission 2021-22. Such students will be considered for admission if vacancies exist.
Question: Can I apply for Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22 for other KV, if I am already a KV student?
Yes, you can apply for the www.kvsangathan.nic.in 2021 admission by producing the transfer certificate of your parents. If you want to change KV due to some other reasons then you can contact your respective KV authority.
Question: What is the Fee to apply online on kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2021-22?
There is no fee to apply online for KVS admission 2021-22. The fee is to be paid after selection.
Question: What are the documents required to apply online for KV admission on kvsonlineadmission.kvs.gov.in 2021-22?
Scanned copy of passport size photo and DOB certificate should be submitted while filling Kendriya Vidyalaya admission form. Other documents to be submitted at respective KV after selections which may vary as per Vidyalaya requirements.
Question: Can I apply online for class 6 Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2021-22?
No, you can not apply for class 6 admission in online mode. Online applications are accepted for class 1 only and for other classes applications are accepted in offline mode.