Stay up-to date with AISSEE News
About AISSEE 2023
Sainik School Admission 2023 - The National Testing Agency or NTA organizes All India Sainik School Entrance Test for class 6 and 9 admissions at 33 old Sainik Schools and 18 new sainik schools across India. Boys and Girls both can apply for Class 6 Sainik School admissions if they fulfill the necessary eligibility criteria for the same. However, for class 9 admissions into Sainik School, only boys fulfilling the eligibility criterias are eligible to appear for the All India Sainik School Entrance Examination 2023.
Students are admitted in class 6 and 9 based on the All India Sainik School Entrance Examination or AISSEE 2023 and a medical test round. Sainik School entrance test 2023 will be conducted in January 8, 2023. All India Sainik School entrance exam will be conducted in offline mode, in which students will have to mark their answers on the OMR sheet.
Latest News about Sainik School Admission 2023
- NTA has released the AISSEE admit card on January 4, 2023.
- AISSEE has released the sainik school examination city allotment list, students can check allotment city using their application number, date of birth, and secuirty pin.
- Sainik School admission form 2023 has been released on October 21, 2022. The last date to apply and submit fee for AISSEE 2023 is December 5, 2022. Earlier, it was November 30, 2022.
- The AISSEE 2023 will be held on January 8, 2023.
- The Application correction window will open from December 7 to 11, 2022.
About Application Form
- Eligible boys and girls can apply for the entrance exam of Sainik School admission 2023 in online mode on aissee.nta.nic.in.
- The fee for Sainik School registration is Rs. 500 for SC/ST students and Rs. 650 for other category students.
Know more about All India Sainik School Entrance Exam 2023
- Students should solve previous years’ Sainik School question papers to practice with various questions and prepare for Sainik School 2023 admission test in an organized manner.
- As per the Sainik School syllabus, the written exam of Class 6 carries 300 marks which consist of Maths, English, GK (Sc & SSt), Language, and Intelligence.
- Class 9 exam will be held for 400 marks which comprise of the subjects - Maths, English, Intelligence, General Science and Social Studies.
- Students can download the Sainik School hall ticket 2023 by entering their application form number and password.
- The final merit list will be released online, which will include the names of selected students for Sainik School admission 2023.
The admission of candidates will be carried out on the basis of ecounselling as per rank secured by the candidates in the Merit List of AISSEE 2023, medical fitness approved by competent medical authorities and verification of original documents.
Selected students will be called for the further process with required documents and will be admitted in the school after document verification and fee submission.
AISSEE 2023 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examination|
|Short Exam Name||AISSEE|
|Conducting Body||National Testing Agency|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||650 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Counselling||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
AISSEE 2023 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
08 Jan, 2023
Exam - AISSEE Exam | Mode: Offline
04 Jan, 2023
Admit Card - AISSEE Admit Card | Mode: Online
07 Dec, 2022 - 11 Dec, 2022
Application Correction | Mode: Online
21 Oct, 2022 - 05 Dec, 2022
Application | Mode: Online
Sainik School Exam Eligibility for Class 6th- Boys/Girls who are studying in Class V in a recognized school and whose age is between 10 to 12 years as of March 31, 2023, are eligible to apply.
Sainik School Exam Eligibility for Class 9th- A candidate who has passed the Class VIII exam from a recognized school and is aged between 13 and 15 years as of March 31, 2023. The candidate should have been born between April 01, 2008, and March 31, 2010.
Sainik schools across India follows specific Sainik school reservation criteria as mentioned below:
|4||Home State/ UT and Other States/ UT quota ||50.50% |
|5||Wards of service personnel including ex-servicemen||25% |
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | Paytm
National Testing Agency has released the Sainik school admission form 2023. Students or their parents will have to fill the Sainik School application form in online mode on aissee.nta.nic.in.
A candidate has the option to apply for Sainik School admission 2023 at four Schools by filling online Sainik School admission form. Sainik School application fee for general and defense categories is Rs. 650 while that for SC/ST is Rs. 500.
Steps to fill the online admission form of Sainik School are given below:
Candidates will have to begin with the Sainik School registration process. Visit the website - aissee.nta.nic.in.
Click on ‘New Registration’. Fill in your email id and phone number.
A system generated application number will be sent on the candidates email address and phone number.
Candidates can use the system generated Application number to login and check AISSEE form status 2023.
Fill all the personal information and details asked in the application form for AISSEE 2023 carefully. Click on the ‘Submit’ button. Upload the official documents/certificates being mindful of the size dimensions and the format in which they are asked to be uploaded.
Click on the ‘Submit’ button. It will take you to the payment gateway page. Select the payment method out of the given options on the website. Pay the required fee online.
After successful payment of fee, a confirmation page will appear. Candidates must take a printout of the same for future reference.
Documents required for filling AISSEE Application form 2023
- Scanned images of Candidate’s Photograph (file size: 10 kb - 200 kb) in JPG/JPEG format
- Candidate’s Signature (file size: 4kb - 30kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Candidate’s thumb impression. (file size 3 kb -30 kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Caste/ Community/ Category Certificate
- Certificate of service (for Defence category-serving) and PPO for Ex-servicemen, as applicable.
- Size of the scanned copy of the certificates should be between 50 kb to 300 kb.
Check the video here
|OBC, General, EWS||Online||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 650|
|ST, SC||Online||Female, Transgender, Male||₹ 500|
AISSEE 2023 Syllabus
LCM and HCF
Ratio and proportion
Profit and loss
Area and perimeter
Lines and Angles
Conversion of units
Types of angles
Volume of cube and cuboids
Prime and composite numbers
Speed and time
Operation on numbers
Complementary and supplementary angles
Arranging of fractions
|Mathematical and verbal|
|Spatial and mathematical|
Class 6-English language
Verbs and type
Types of sentence
Kinds of nouns
Kinds of pronouns
Ordering of words in sentence
Idiom and phrases
Class 6-Hindi language
Class 6-Regional language
Class 6-General knowledge
Different types of scientific devices used in daily life
Icons and symbols of India
|National insignia, national emblem, sports, animal etc (elementary awareness of such symbols)|
Major religions of India
|Elementary awareness about founder, place of origin, religious books and important ideas|
Art and culture
|Music, classical, and folk dance|
Renowned personalities, instrumental and vocal music, major dance forms
|Equivalent ranks in three services, weapons, aircraft, missiles & warships (elementary awareness)|
Sports and games
|India and world|
Renowned personalities, major competitions and trophies associated with various games
|How do plants and animals sense their surroundings|
Relationship between animals and human beings
Taste and digestion
Cooking and preserving techniques
Germination and seed dispersal
Traditional water harvesting techniques
Experiment with water on everyday life
Water pollution and microbial diseases
Concepts on mountain terrain and lifestyle
Shape of earth and gravitation
Non-renewable energy sources
Food, culture, habitat, languages etc of various regions
Names of young ones of different animals
Functions of body parts of plants and animals
|Basic knowledge about structure, functioning and objectives of united nations, world bank, etc|
Indian literary and cultural personalities
|Names and fields of achievements|
Indian literary and cultural awards
|Names of the awards and recent recipients|
|Flood and earthquake|
Evaporation, condensation and water cycle
Life of farmers
Tribal communities and forest produce
Linear equations in one variable
|Bar graph and line graph|
Squares and square roots
Cubes and cube roots
|Percentage, profit and loss|
Algebraic expressions and identities
Area and perimeters
Volumes and surface areas
Exponents and powers
Playing with numbers
Visualizing solid shapes
|Angle sum property|
Average, median, mode
Direct and inverse proportions
Introduction to graph
Simple interest and compound interest
Time and work
Area and perimeter of circles
|Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division|
|Mathematical and verbal|
|Spatial and mathematical|
Types of verbs
Order of words in a sentence
Idioms and phrases
Change of sentence as directed
Types of sentences
Phrase and clauses
Kinds of noun
Comparison of adjectives
Change of gender
Change of number
Class 9-General science
|Coal and petroleum|
Combustion and flame
Cell structure and function
Reproduction in plants and animals
Force, friction and pressure
Sound and its basics
Reflection and dispersion of light
Metals and non-metals
Synthetic fibres and plastics
Chemical effects of electric current
Stars and solar systems
Pollution of air and water
Some natural phenomenon
How to find calorific value of fuel?
Electroplating and artificial jewellery
Relation between types of friction
Conservation of plants and animals
Biosphere reserves, national parks, and sanctuaries
Reaching the age of adolescence
Changes during puberty
Endocrine glands and hormones
Class 9-Social studies
Revolt of 1857
Important freedom movements
Social and caste reforms
Resources and sustainable development
Rock cycle of water cycle
Pressure and wind system
Land soil and water resources
Minerals and power resources
Indian constitution and secularism
Importance of parliament
Types of agriculture
Types of government and different tiers of government
Role of government in health
Bhakti and Sufi movement
Interior of earth
Earthquakes and major land forms
Types of rainfall
Types of forests
Means of transport
Life in deserts
Local self government
Law and social justice
Judiciary and criminal justice system
Natural vegetation and wildlife
Changes in the arts
National Testing Agency prescribes the exam pattern of the Sainik School admission test. As per AISSEE 2023 exam pattern, all questions in the exam will be Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs). There will be no negative marking for unanswered questions or wrong answers. Candidates preparing for the entrance test of Sainik School Admission 2023 can go through the exam pattern given below to prepare for the examination.
Sainik School Class 6 & 9 Entrance Exam Pattern
|Details for Class 6||Details for Class 9|
Medium of paper
|English / Hindi||English|
Maths, Intelligence, Language, General Knowledge
|Maths, Intelligence, English, General Science and Social Studies|
|Time Duration||2.5 hours||3 hours|
NTA also releases the last year's Sainik School question papers and sample papers in the online mode. Students can download last year papers by clicking on the link given above.
They can solve these AISSSEE question papers for Class 6 & 9 to understand the pattern and difficulty level of the Sainik School entrance exam. These papers are available in English and Hindi both.
- Sainik School admit card is is released on January 5, 2023.
- Students can download the Sainik School admit card by entering their application form number and password.
- They must have their admit card while appearing for AISSEE as it is a mandatory document that contains the basic details of the students and exams such as roll number, examination venue.
AISSEE 2023 Exam Centers
|Jammu and Kashmir||Srinagar|
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||Port Blair|
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit Card
- Proof of Identity
- Date of Birth Certificate
- Domicile Certificate
- Caste Certificate (if required)
- NTA will release the AISSEE 2023 answer key in February 2023, tentatively.
- The answer key of Sainik School admission 2023 comprises correct answers to the questions asked in the AISSEE test.
- Students preparing for the Sainik School entrance test can refer to the previous year question paper and answer key and plan their preparation accordingly.
- Some renowned coaching centres release the answer key before the declaration of results. Using the same, students can check their estimated or probable scores.
NTA will release the AISSEE 2023 result in February 2023, tentatively, for the written exam. Students can check the result by entering their application form number and password. Shortlisted candidates will appear for the medical examination which is the second stage of the Sainik School admission 2023 procedure.
The final merit list of selected candidates will be published in March 2023. This merit list contains the roll numbers of the candidates along with the schedule of document verification.
How to check Sainik School Result 2023?
- First of all, visit the official website: aissee.nta.nic.in or click on the link given above.
- Then, click on the link that says the candidate login window.
- Enter the application number & password and submit it.
- On the dashboard, click on the link of the result given under the section of quick links.
- Sainik school result 2023 will be displayed on the screen.
- Take a screenshot or printout for further references.
AISSEE 2023 Selection Process
Sainik School admission 2023 selection process comprises of two main stages: Written exam (AISSEE) and medical exam. Students who fill the AISSEE application form appear in written exam. After the declaration of AISSEE result of Sainik School admission 2023, selected students will be called for the medical examination.
The schools release the final merit list on the basis of marks obtained by a student in the written test and medical test taken together. Selected students will be granted admission in respective Class VI or IX, after document verification and submission of fees.
The following points are taken into account in case there is a tie while preparing the Sainik School merit list:
- In the case of a tie in overall marks of two candidates, the one securing more marks in Maths is considered.
- If the tie persists, marks for English and Intelligence Test for class IX and VI, respectively will be taken into account.
- In case the tie is still not resolved, marks obtained in General Science for Class IX and Language paper for class VI will be considered.
- If the tie still remains, the candidates who is younger in age will be allotted a seat.
Documents Required at Counselling
- Call Letter or copy of downloaded result
- Original birth certificate
- Two copies of recent passport-sized photographs
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:What is procedure to get Sainik school admission?
First of all, students need to appear for the written test (AISSEE), then selected students are called for a medical test. Students who clear medical test are provided with Sainik school 2023 admission after verification of documents and submission of fees.
Question:What is age requirement for Sainik school admission 2023?
Student's age should be between 10 to 12 year for class 6 admission and 13 to 15 years for class 9 admission.
Question:Where can I apply for Sainik school admission 2023?
Students can apply for Sainik school admission 2023 in online mode by filling an application form on the official website - aissee.nta.nic.in.
Question:Who can apply for Sainik school admission 2023?
Students who are studying in class 5 and 8 can apply for class 6 and class 9 Sainik school admission respectively, if they fulfil other eligibility conditions.
Questions related to AISSEE
when will the foarm of sainik school released
National Testing Agency (NTA) will release the admission form for Sainik school in the last week of September 2022. The Sainik School admission form 2022 will be released on the official website of NTA, aissee.nta.nic.in. Keep an eye on the official website for the latest information. NTA will conduct the All India Sainik School Entrance Examination in the first week of January 2022-23. NTA AISSEE 2022-23 application fee for boys and girls is the same i.e. Rs. 400 for SC/ST and Rs 550 for other category students.
please send last year qustion paper aissee 6th
You can access previous year paper of AISSEE for 6th standard pertaining to year 2018, 2019 and 2022 by visiting out page at https://school.careers360.com/articles/sainik-school-question-papers, this will make you acquaint with paper pattern, marking scheme, important topics, weightage etc, through consistent practice you can analyze your level of preparation in terms of strength and weakness, thereby improving your speed, calculation, and time management skills.
Can a girl appear in AISSEE for class IX?
No, unfortunately a girl cannot possibly appear in All India Sainik School Entrance Exam conducted by National testing agency every year .
According to AISSEE eligibility criteria 2022, a student's age should be between 10 and 12 years old for entrance to class 6, and between 13 and 15 years old for admission to class 9. Indian students in ninth grade are eligible to apply.
Only boys can apply for 9th grade.
how can i fill the admission form online. please make a video for it
there is not a lot of effort that one has to put in for the admission form. you can just open the official site and go to the applications page. then you can click on the application form and just go on filling the form. if you are not able to understand the language the form is in then you can click on the translate button at the top of the screen.
is there any quota for the children of x armyman?
yes in many schools there are quotas for the children of the military and also ex-military. during the application time, you can just enquire about the same from the school authorities and get guided as to the correct process through them. there might be concessions as well for the ex-military personnel's children, and all of these can be confirmed during application