NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 3 Metals and Non-metals
NCERT solutions for class 10 science chapter 3 Metals and Non-metals: Through this chapter, you will get to know about elements those can be classified as metals and non-metals. The NCERT solutions for class 10 science chapter 3 Metals and Non-metals are created by the experts which will help you to clear your concepts and doubts related to the chapter. Learning the fundamentals in science subject is very important, so, with the help of solutions for CBSE class 10 science , this becomes easy. You can easily score well by practicing the questions with the help of NCERT solutions for class 10 science chapter 3 Metals and Non-Metals. The NCERT solutions provide answers to all the exercises questions and as well as to the questions mentioned in between the chapter.
The solutions provided in this article are based on the CBSE syllabus for class 10 science. Along with board exams, these NCERT solutions for class 10 will help you to crack competitive exams such as JEE, NEET, KVPY, NTSE, etc. and it will also help you to complete your homework and assignments. Before getting into the details of NCERT solutions for class 10 science chapter 3 Metals and Non-Metals, let's check what you will get to know in the chapter 3 Metals and Non-Metals:
Things you will get to know through NCERT solutions for class 10 science chapter 3 Metals and Non-Metals:
- Metals are shiny, easily pliable, ductile and are good conductors of heat and electricity.
- Metals are solids at room temperature, except mercury which is a liquid. By losing electrons to non-metals, they can form positive ions.
- Metals combine with oxygen to form basic oxides. Aluminum oxide and zinc oxide show the properties of both basic as well as acidic oxides. These oxides are known as amphoteric oxides. Different metals have different reactivities with water and dilute acids.
- You will study that a list of common metals arranged in order of their decreasing reactivity is known as an activity series.
- Non-metals have properties opposite to that of metals. Non-metals are neither malleable nor ductile.
- Except for graphite which conducts electricity, other non- metals are bad conductors of heat and electricity.
- When reacting with metals, non-metals form negatively charged ions by gaining electrons. They form oxides that are either acidic or neutral.
- They do not displace hydrogen from dilute acids. They react with hydrogen to form hydrides.
NCERT solutions for class 10 science chapter 3 Metals and Non-Metals - solutions
Malleable substances are the substance which can be beaten in order to convert them into sheets. Generally, all metals are considered to be malleable in nature.
For example silver, iron, etc. Gold has the highest malleable property as one single gram of gold can be beaten into a sheet of 1 square meter.
Ductile substances are substances which can be drawn into wires. All the metals like gold, copper are dectile in nature. Moreover, the wires for transfer of electricity are made of copper.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 3 Metals and Non-metals
Question: Does CBSE provides the solutions of NCERT class 10 ?
No, CBSE doesn’t provide NCERT solutions for any class or subject.
Question: What are the important topics of Class 10 Science Chapter 3 Metals and Non-metals ?
- Properties of Metals and Non-Metals: Physical & Chemical
- Formation and Properties of Ionic Compounds (NaCl, MgCl2),
- Basic Terms Used in Metallurgy: Calcination, Roasting etc.
- Activity Series
- Corrosion and its prevention
Question: Where can I find the complete solutions of NCERT class 10 Science ?
Complete solutions of NCERT class 10 Science:
Question: What is the weightage of chapter Metals and Non-metals in CBSE class 10 board final exam ?
Around 7 marks questions are asked from this chapter in the CBSE Board exam
NCERT Books for Class 10 Social Science 2020-21 - Download cha...
Karnataka SSLC Result 2020 - KSEEB will declare Class 10 resul...
OFSS Bihar admission 2020 Online - Bihar School Examination Bo...
Bihar Board 10th Compartment Result 2020 - BSEB has released t...
Bihar Board Compartmental Result 2020 has released in on Aug 7...
NCERT Books for Class 11 English 2020-21 - NCERT books of Engl...
NCERT Books for Class 10 2020-21 PDF (All Subjects) - NCERT pu...
Mahadbt Scholarship 2020 - Students can check eligibility, ben...
UP Board High School Result 2020- UPMSP has started the appli...
TN 10th Result 2020 Date and Time- DGE, Tamil Nadu will relea...