NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 15 Waves
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 15 Waves: For the preparation of Class 11 exam and competitive exams like NEET and JEE Mains, solutions of NCERT Class 11 chapter 15 Waves are helpful. If you drop stones in still water you can see outward moving circles from the point were water surface is disturbed. Now if you put some cork piece on the disturbed surface you can observe that cork piece moves up and down but not out or away from the centre of the disturbance. This shows that the movement of water does not transfer any matter. These patterns, which move without the actual physical transfer of matter are called waves. The waves such as waves on a string, sound waves, etc, come under the mechanical waves. These waves require a medium for propagation.
The Waves Class 11 chapter 15 solutions discuss questions based on mechanical waves. Electromagnetic waves (discussed in class 12 NCERT) do not necessarily require a medium, that is they can travel through a vacuum. Light, radio waves, X-rays, are examples of electromagnetic waves and they travel in a vacuum at a speed equal to the speed of light. The third kind of wave is Matter waves. They are associated with constituents of matter: electrons, protons, neutrons etc. For example molecules matter waves associated with electrons are employed in electron microscopes. NCERT solutions for Class 11 Physics chapter 15 Waves help in understanding the formulas studied in the chapter. The NCERT solutions will help you to understand the concepts studied in the NCERT textbook. Also Read
- Concept-oriented detailed solutions for NCERT (Class 6 to 12), Exemplar (Class 9 to 12) & CBSE Previous 5 year (Class 10 and 12)
- For Maths and Science
NCERT Syllabus For Class 11 Physics Chapter 15 Waves Exercise Question And Solutions
Waves Physics Class 11 NCERT Topics
15.2 Transverse and longitudinal waves
15.3 Displacement relation in a progressive wave
15.4 The speed of a traveling wave
15.5 The principle of superposition of waves
15.6 Reflection of waves
15.8 Doppler effect
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter Wise
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Subject wise
Importance of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 15 Waves:
- In NCERT Class 11 Physics chapter 15 Waves, you will study mathematical and physical aspects of the longitudinal, transverse and physical wave.
- The solutions of NCERT Class 11 waves help students in self-preparation of the chapter. In both board exam and competitive exams like JEE Main and NEET beats and the Doppler effects are important topics.
- There are questions based on these topics in the CBSE NCERT solutions for Class 11 Physics chapter 15 Waves.
Subject wise NCERT Exemplar solutions
- NCERT Exemplar Class 11th Solutions
- NCERT Exemplar Class 11th Maths
- NCERT Exemplar Class 11th Physics
- NCERT Exemplar Class 11th Chemistry
- NCERT Exemplar Class 11th Biology
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 15 Waves
Question: What are the features of NCERT solutions for Class 11 Physics Chapter 15?
Waves is one of the important chapters of Class 11 NCERT syllabus. The questions given in the NCERT books are important to understand the concepts well. There are two exercise and 27 questions discussed in the Waves Class 11 NCERT chapter. For more questions refer to NCERT exemplar.
Question: What are the topics covered in Waves Class 11 NCERT chapter?
The main topics covered in the NCERT Class 11 textbook chapter 15 are
- Transverse and longitudinal waves
- Displacement relation in a progressive wave
- The speed of a traveling wave
- The principle of superposition of waves
- Reflection of waves
- Doppler effect
KVPY Result 2022 - The result of KVPY for SA, SX, and SB strea...
India Celebrates International Yoga Day - Yoga has physical, m...
UP Madarsa Board Result 2022 Date - UPBME will release UP boar...
MP Board 12th Supplementary Result 2022 - MP Board will releas...
Proven Study hacks and tips - This article talks about the dif...
Students can download KVPY previous years question papers from...