NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 6 Thermodynamics
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 6 Thermodynamics- Thermodynamics is the branch of science which deals with the transfer of energy or changes in energy in physical or chemical processes. This is an important chapter for class 11th students because some concepts of this chapter will also be applied in the next chapter which is equilibrium and also some in the 12th class chapters like chemical kinetics etc. In NCERT solutions for class 11 chemistry chapter 6 Thermodynamics, there are 22 questions in the exercise. The NCERT solutions for class 11 chemistry chapter 6 thermodynamics are prepared in a very comprehensive manner. These NCERT solutions of class 11 can help you in the preparation of class 11 final examination as well as in the competitive exams like JEE Mains, NEET, etc. If you are looking for an answer from any other chapter even from any other class then go with NCERT Solutions , there you will get all the answers of NCERT easily.
Thermodynamics enables us to study energy changes quantitatively and to make useful predictions. For these, we divide the universe into the system and the surroundings. In thermodynamics, the system is the part of the universe where observations are made and the remaining universe constitutes surroundings. After completing NCERT solutions for class 11 chemistry chapter 6 Thermodynamics you will be able to explain the terms like system, surroundings, and boundary; explain three types of system open, close and isolated systems; explain work, heat, and internal energy, etc. In this chapter, we will also discuss the first law of thermodynamics and second laws of thermodynamics and express them mathematically, internal energy, enthalpy, entropy, Gibbs energy. You will find NCERT solutions for class 11 chemistry chapter 6 Thermodynamics by scrolling down.
Important points of NCERT solutions for class 11 chemistry chapter 6 Thermodynamics-
1. System and Surroundings - in thermodynamics, the system is the part of the universe where observations are made and the remaining universe constitutes surroundings. The universe = The system+ The Surroundings .
2. The First Law of Thermodynamics- according to it under any circumstances, energy cannot be created and nor be destroyed, it can be converted from one form to another form with the interaction of work, heat and internal energy. Mathematically, this is represented as: , where w is the work done on or by the system, q is the heat exchanged between the system and its surroundings and ΔU is the total change in internal energy of the system .
3. The second law of thermodynamics- it states that entropy of the entire universe(total entropy of both the system and its surroundings), as an isolated system, will always increase over time.
Topics of NCERT Grade 11 Chemistry Chapter 6 Thermodynamics
6.1 Thermodynamic Terms
6.3 Measurement of âU and âH: Calorimetry
6.4 Enthalpy Change, âH of a Reaction – Reaction Enthalpy
6.5 Enthalpies for Different Types of Reactions
6.7 Gibbs Energy Change and Equilibrium
NCERT solutions for class 11 chemistry chapter 6 Thermodynamics- Exercise Questions
NCERT solutions for class 11 chemistry
NCERT solutions for class 11 subject wise
|NCERT solutions for class 11 biology|
|NCERT Solutions for class 11 maths|
|NCERT solutions for class 11 chemistry|
|NCERT solutions for class 11 physics|
Benefits of NCERT solutions for class 11 chemistry chapter 6 Thermodynamics
- The comprehensive answers given in the CBSE NCERT solutions for class 11 chemistry chapter 6 Thermodynamics will be helpful in understanding chapter easily.
- Revision will be quiet easier because with the detailed solutions will help you to remember the concepts and get very good marks in your class.
- Homework problems won't bother you anymore, all you need to do is check the detailed NCERT solutions for class 11 chemistry Chapter 6 Thermodynamics and you are good to go.
- If you have a doubt or question that is not available here or in any of the chapters, contact us. You will get all the answers that will help you score well in your exams.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 6 Thermodynamics
Question: Question: Whether the unit thermodynamics is helpful in higher studies?
Yes, it is helpful to a large extent
Question: What is the official website of NCERT
official website of NCERT: http://www.ncert.nic.in/
Question: What is the weightage of the chapter thermodynamics for CBSE board exam
Weightage of thermodynamics for CBSE board exam is of 8 marks
Question: What is the weightage of NCERT Chapter Thermodynamics for NEET exam
Weightage of Thermodynamics for NEET exam is 3%
Question: Where can I find complete solutions of NCERT class 11 Chemistry
Refer to this link: https://school.careers360.com/ncert/ncert-solutions-class-11-chemistry
Question: What is the weightage of NCERT Chapter Thermodynamics for JEE mains