NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 12 Electricity
NCERT solutions for class 10 science chapter 12 Electricity: While doing preparation for class 10 board exams, you must know that chapter 12 Electricity is one of the most important chapters. This is a scoring chapter and also very useful when you go to class 12 . So it will be good for you if you clear your concepts in class 10 itself. The solutions of NCERT for class 10 science chapter 12 Electricity will help you understand that electrical energy is one of the major forms of energy that we are using in our daily lives. One of the important features of electric energy is that it can be transmitted to a large distance with very little power loss. The electrical energy is obtained from various sources such as water, steam, and nuclear energy, etc.
In the CBSE NCERT solutions for class 10 science chapter, 12 Electricity questions related to direct current are discussed. Direct current is unidirectional current whereas the alternating current changes its direction periodically. The measurement of the current is done with the help of ammeter and voltage with the help of a voltmeter. Another important topic that you can understand with the help of solutions for NCERT class 10 science chapter 12 Electricity is a combination of resistors in series and parallel. The main aim of NCERT solutions for class 10 science chapter 12 Electricity is to give a better knowledge of how to use the concept while answering the questions . The NCERT solutions will help you score well in the CBSE board exam.
Following topics are dealt within the chapter.
- Electric current potential
- Electric resistance
- Circuit diagrams
- Ohm's law
- The heating effect of electric current and power.
- The electric current can be classified as direct current (DC) and alternating current ac (AC).
Certain points to remember from solutions for class 10 science chapter 12 electricity for NCERT
- Current always flows from positive to the negative terminal of a circuit
- An ammeter is always connected in series with the circuit whose current is to be measured
- a voltmeter is always connected in parallel across a circuit whose voltage is to be measured
- Reciprocal of the resistance is known as conductance
- Reciprocal of resistivity is known as conductivity
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science - Chapter wise
|NCERT solutions for class 10 science chapter 4 Carbon and its Compounds|
NCERT solutions for class 10 science chapter 12 Electricity
NCERT solutions for class 10 - Subject wise
Highlights of NCERT Solutions for class 10 science Chapter 12 Electricity
- The solutions provided for chapter 12 Electricity will boost your knowledge.
- With the help of NCERT solutions for class 10 science chapter 12 Electricity, you will understand the concepts easily.
- While preparing for class 10 board exams, practising with good study material plays a very important role.
- NCERT solutions for class 10 science is the best study material you can have for exam preparation.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 12 Electricity
Question: What is the weightage of NCERT chapter 12 electricity for CBSE board exam
On an average of 6 to 8 marks, questions can be expected from the class 10 chapter electricity for CBSE board exam
Question: Whether this chapter is useful in class 11 and 12
Yes for higher studies the chapter electricity is useful. If Science stream is chosen in class 12 then in NCERT physics there is a chapter current electricity. Almost all the concepts studied in class 10 chapter 12 electricity will be repeated in the class 12 chapter electricity.
Question: Whether NCERT exercise is enough to solve questions in the board exam
Along with questions and concepts of class 10 chapter electricity, practising previous year questions is mandatory for board exams. It will be helpful to understand the concepts well with the help of NCERT exemplar questions also.