NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 13 Hydrocarbons
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 13 Hydrocarbons - Hydrocarbons are the compounds having hydrogen and carbon only as their substituent elements. Hydrocarbons are mainly formed by petroleum and fuel, which are important sources of energy. This chapter talks about the classification of hydrocarbons, their properties, reactions, and uses. There are 25 questions in this chapter. The NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 13 Hydrocarbons are prepared and designed by our subject experts. This chapter is very important from the perspective of clearing basic reactions of organic chemistry since all the elementary reactions which will be used in subsequent chapters are discussed in this chapter. You can also refer to NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 13 Hydrocarbons for clearing your further doubts. These NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 13 Hydrocarbons are prepared in a very comprehensive manner. Here, you will get NCERT solutions from class 6 to 12 for science and maths. It will help students in the preparation of CBSE final examination of class 11 as well as in various other competitive exams like NEET, JEE, etc.
NCERT Class 11 Chemistry syllabus of Chapter 13 Hydrocarbons discusses aliphatic hydrocarbons-alkanes, alkenes and alkynes, their IUPAC nomenclature, chemical reactions, and physical properties. After completing this chapter along with NCERT solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 13 Hydrocarbons students will be able to distinguish between alkanes, alkenes, alkynes, and aromatic compounds on the basis of chemical and physical properties, learn about the various preparation methods for hydrocarbons and also appreciate the role of hydrocarbons in industrial applications and as sources of energy.
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 13 Hydrocarbons- Important Points
1. Hydrocarbons are the compounds of hydrogen(H) and carbon(C) only.
2. Hydrocarbons compounds are classified as -
- Open chain saturated compounds (alkanes)
- Open chain unsaturated compounds (alkenes and alkynes)
- Cyclic compounds (alicyclic)
- Aromatic compounds
3. The important reactions are combustion, oxidation, free radical substitution, and aromatization.
4. Alkynes and alkenes hydrocarbons undergo addition reactions, which are generally electrophilic additions.
5. Aromatic hydrocarbons undergo mainly electrophilic substitution.
6. Alkanes show conformational isomerism due to the free rotation along with Carbon-Carbon sigma bonds. And due to restricted rotation around the C=C double bond, alkenes exhibit geometrical( cis-trans ) isomerism.
NCERT Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 13 Hydrocarbons- Topics
13.5 Aromatic Hydrocarbon
13.6 Carcinogenicity and Toxicity
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 13 Hydrocarbons- Exercise Questions
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry
NCERT solutions for class 11 chemistry chapter 13 Hydrocarbons
NCERT Class 11 Solutions
- NCERT solutions for Class 11 Biology
- NCERT solutions for Class 11 Maths
- NCERT solutions for Class 11 Chemistry
- NCERT solutions for Class 11 Physics
Benefits of NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 13 Hydrocarbons
- Homework will be easy now, all you need to do is check the detailed NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Chemistry Chapter 13 Hydrocarbons and you are good to go.
- The revision will be quite easier for you now, which will eventually help in remembering the concepts for a longer duration and get you very good marks in your examination.
- The solutions which are provided here will also help you in building your concepts as well as a strong base in the subject.
- The solutions are provided here are as per the CBSE guidelines, hence these solutions are sought after by large number of students to score high marks in their CBSE examinations.
If you have any doubt or question that is not available here or in any of the chapters, contact us. You will get all the answers that will help you score well in your exams.