NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science Chapter 10 Gravitation
NCERT solutions for class 9 science chapter 10 Gravitation: The main motive of this article is to provide you with the NCERT solutions so that you can understand the chapter easily. Through CBSE NCERT solutions for class 9 science chapter 10 Gravitation, you will get the necessary insights into the chapter. Have you ever noticed, When you shake a tree leaf, it falls down? When we drop a pen, it falls. A leaf & pen fall down because of gravitational force due to earth. The solutions for NCERT class 9 science chapter 10 Gravitation are going to provide you with the solutions for some important topics of the chapter such as gravitation, free fall, weight, thrust, and pressure, etc. NCERT Solutions are also available class wise and subject wise.
Latest : Trouble with homework? Post your queries of Maths and Science with step-by-step solutions instantly. Ask Mr AL
What you are going to learn in NCERT solutions for class 9 science chapter 10 Gravitation?
- We study the gravitational force between two bodies, acceleration due to gravity, free fall, buoyancy force, and relative density.
- The gravitational force of attraction between two bodies is directly proportional to the product of their masses and inversely proportional to the square of the distance between the object. That is if two masses M and m are separated by a distance d apart then the gravitational force
Where G is called universal gravitational constant whose value is
- The value of acceleration due to the gravity of earth (g) on an object is given by the equation
Where M is the mass of the earth and d is the distance between the object and the earth. If the object is on the surface of earth or near to earth then the radius of the earth is approximately = distance between the object and the earth. Therefor
Where R is the radius of the earth.
- We have experienced that it is easy to lift a bucket of water from a well till the surface of the water and above the water weight increase. The less weight inside the water is due to a force exerted by water against the weight of a bucket of water. This force exerted by the liquid is known as upthrust or buoyant force.
- All the objects experience a force of buoyancy when they are immersed in a fluid. The magnitude of the upthrust (buoyant force) depends on the density of water. Objects of density less than that of a liquid float on the liquid and the objects of density greater than that of a liquid sink in the liquid.
Main Topics of NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science Chapter 10 Gravitation:
10.1.1 Universal Law of Gravitation
10.1.2 Importance of The Universal Law of Gravitation
10.2 Free Fall
10.2.1 To Calculate The Value Of g
10.2.2 Motion of Objects Under the Influence of Gravitational Force of the Earth
10.4.1 Weight of an Object on the Moon
10.5 Thrust and Pressure
10.5.1 Pressure in Fluids
10.5.3 Why Objects Float Or Sink When Placed on The Surface of Water?
10.6 Archimedes’ Principle
10.7 Relative Density
The difference between mass and weight is also mentioned in NCERT Solutions
What is the difference between weight and mass?
Mass of an object is a measure of inertia. It is the measure of the amount of matter in a body and is constant everywhere. But weight is the force due to gravity. If m is the mass of the object and g is the acceleration due to gravity then weight w=mg. Weight varies according to the distance since g is dependent on distance. The weight of an object in the earth is different from the weight of the same object in the moon since the value of g is different in the moon and Earth. But the mass of the object will be the same in the moon and earth.
NCERT solutions for class 9 science chapter 10 Gravitation: Solved Exercise Questions-
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 Science- Chapter Wise
NCERT Solutions for Class 9 - Subject Wise
Benefits of NCERT solutions for class 9 science chapter 10 Gravitation
- NCERT solutions for class 9 science chapter 10 Gravitation are easy to use as you just need to scroll down the article for solutions.
- Here along with NCERT solutions for class 9 science, you will also get solutions for NCERT class 9 Mathematics.
- In NCERT solutions for class 9 science chapter 10 Gravitation, you will find exercises solutions and topic wise solutions.
- Solutions of NCERT for class 9 science chapter 10 Gravitation can help you to understand the questions and concepts asked in the exam for science so that you can score well in your exams.
Bihar Open Board will release BBOSE admit card 2021 for Decemb...
TN 11th Time Table 2021 - Directorate of Government Examinatio...
PSEB 8th Date Sheet 2021 - Punjab Board will release the Class...
IEO Result 2020-2021 - Science Olympiad Foundation will releas...
Kendriya Vidyalaya Bangalore Admission 2021 - Know the admissi...
iOM Result 2020-21 - Silverzone International Olympiad of Mat...
IOEL Result 2020-21 - SilverZone Foundation will release the r...
Kendriya Vidyalaya Pune Admission 2021 - Check the admission p...
JAC Cass 9th Syllabus 2020-2021 - Students can download Jharkh...