CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021 (Reduced) - Download Pdf Here
CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021 - Central Board of Secondary Education has released the reduced syllabus for Class 12 Biology. Students can download the CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021 using the link given below. Also, they can access CBSE 12th Biology syllabus 2021 from the official website cbseacademics.nic.in.
Syllabus link - Click here to download CBSE 12th class Biology syllabus 2021 pdf.
Latest update: CBSE Class 12 syllabus 2021 is available for all other subjects.
- Also, check NCERT solutions for Class 12 Biology
The syllabus consists of all the units, chapters, and topics for the theory exam along with the details of the practicals. Students can check the mark allotted for each unit from the CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021. The syllabus is available in the pdf format, which students can refer to while preparing for the CBSE 12th exams. Students will be able to check all the important and high weightage topics from the syllabus and prepare accordingly for the exams. The CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021 will be helpful in academics as well as competitive exams. Read the complete article to know the syllabus.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021
There are a total of 5 units in the syllabus of Biology. The theory papers consist of 70 marks and practical exams will be of 30 marks. Check the complete syllabus below.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus for Theory
Unit VI - Reproduction
Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
Unit VII - Genetics and Evolution
Principles of Inheritance And Variation
Molecular Basis of Inheritance
Unit - VIII
Human Health and Disease
Microbes in Human Welfare
Unit IX - Biotechnology and Its Applications
Biotechnology: Principles and Processes
Biotechnology and its Applications
Unit X - Ecology and Environment
Organisms And Population
Biodiversity and Conservation
Related Subjects' Syllabus
|CBSE Class 12 Pysics syllabus||CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry syllabus||CBSE Class 12 Maths syllabus|
What are the important topics of CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021?
Some of the topics of each chapter are given below for the ease of syllabus. For detailed syllabus, students can download the pdf file using the link given above.
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants:
- Flower structure
- Pollen-pistil interaction
- Post fertilization events, etc.
- Human Reproduction
- Menstrual cycle; fertilisation,
- microscopic anatomy of testis and ovary,
- parturition (elementary idea); lactation (elementary idea), etc.
- Reproductive Health
- IVF, ZIFT, GIFT,
- contraception and medical termination of pregnancy, etc.
- Principles of Inheritance And Variation
- Multiple alleles and inheritance of blood groups,
- Sex determination - in humans,
- Birds and honey bee, haemophilia, colour Blindness, etc.
- Molecular Basis of Inheritance
- Genetic code, Translation,
- Gene expression and regulation,
- Structure of DNA and RNA, etc.
- Human Health and Disease
- Pneumonia, the common cold,
- Basic concepts of immunology - vaccines;
- Cancer, drug and alcohol abuse, etc.
- Microbes in Human Welfare
- Production, sewage treatment,
- Energy generation, etc.
- Biotechnology: Principles and Processes
- Genetic Engineering (Recombinant DNA Technology).
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Gene therapy;
- Genetically modified organisms, transgenic animals;
- Biosafety issues, etc.
- Organisms and Population
- Mutualism, competition,
- Predation, birth rate and death rate,
- Age distribution, etc.
- Biodiversity and Conservation
- Red Data Book,
- Biosphere reserves, patterns, importance;
- Loss of biodiversity, etc.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021 for practical
One Major Experiment
One Minor Experiment
Practical Record+Viva Voce
Project Record + Viva Voce
How to Download CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021?
Follow the steps given below to download the CBSE 12th syllabus for Biology 2021 from official website:
- Step 1 - Go to the official website, cbseacademics.nic.in.
- Step 2 - On the home page, click on the ‘Curriculum’ option.
- Step 3 - Click on the ‘Senior Secondary Curriculum (XI-XII)’.
- Step 4 - Select Academic Electives - (Group-A).
- Step 5 - Now click on the Biology tab. The CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021 will get displayed on your screens. Save the syllabus in pdf format.
Prescribed Books for CBSE Class 12 Biology
CBSE prescribed NCERT Books for Class 12 Biology to complete the CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021. It is important to refer to the NCERT book as it covers the entire syllabus in a simple and easily understandable language. Relevant diagrams are also provided with each topic for better understanding. Below is the list of prescribed books by CBSE:
- Biology, Class-XII, Published by NCERT
- Other related books and manuals brought out by NCERT (including multimedia)
- Biology Supplementary Material (Revised). available on CBSE website.
What chapters have been deleted in CBSE 12th Biology Syllabus 2021?
- Reproduction in Organism
- Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
- Environmental Issues
CBSE Class 12 Biology Preparation Tips 2021
While preparing for the CBSE Class 12th, students must implement some simple but effective tips and tricks to score well in the same. Coming to Biology, it is a subject which will help you score very well in case you take it seriously and give your best. Go through some of the best preparation tips for CBSE 12th Biology.
- Complete the CBSE Class 12 Biology syllabus 2021 as soon as possible so that you can give maximum time for revision.
- Students must refer to the CBSE class 12 time table 2021 and plan their studies accordingly.
- Do not mug up the theories of Biology, instead, try to understand the meaning of the same and make personal notes. These notes will help you to revise at the last moment.
- After completing the CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021, students must solve the CBSE Class 12 question papers. This will help them to know the exam pattern, marking scheme and important topics.
- Dedicate maximum time for the revision and do not ignore any doubts. Clear them right away. Seek help from others in case of confusion. Also, do not stress about the board, instead, give your best and score well in CBSE class 12 result 2021.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021 (Reduced) - Download Pdf Here
Question: What are the passing marks in CBSE Class 12th exams?
Students must score at least 33 per cent marks per subject in order to pass the CBSE Class 12 exams.
Question: Where can I get the solution of topics given in CBSE 12th Biology syllabus?
Students can access topic-wise solutions using the links available on this page.
Question: Is NCERT book enough to prepare for the exams?
Yes, NCERT books are enough to prepare for the exams and cover CBSE class 12 Biology syllabus 2021.
Question: Is this CBSE 12th syllabus 2021 latest?
Yes, this syllabus is the latest syllabus, as released by CBSE after reduction.
Free Download CBSE Class 12 Maths Question Paper 2016 with Sol...
CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Sample Papers 2021 - Download last 4 y...
CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus 2021 - The syllabus of...
CBSE Class 12 Maths Syllabus 2021 - CBSE has released the CBSE...
CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Syllabus 2021 - CBSE releases the comp...
Questions related to CBSE Class 12th
i will ask which date compartment exam held
CBSE compartment examination date is 22nd September 2021 to 30th September 2021 tentative. Admit card will receive 2 weeks before examination. But the will be change also if any covid situation occur. But it's a normal date till now. I'll provide you a link you can check it. There give all details about compartment examination.
All the best.
My name On 10th class Marksheet Is Different From Aadhar. will it create problem on 12th Board Examination During 10 Class I do no face any problem.....
Well I do not think it will create any kind of problem during board exam because what you need is just aadhar number while filling board forms. So for 12th exam no need to worry but make sure that later on you correct you name on aadhar according to your marksheet just in case. Or else do not worry and all the best to you
Which Board holds more value for Arts Stream students to get admission in university and for jobs, CBSE or RBSE(Rajasthan State Board)?
If you are talking about jobs and colleges then let me tell you what matters is your knowledge, skills and marks. CBSE and RBSE are both different boards and portion and pattern may vary but for admission and jobs it doesn't create any kind of problem so please focus on studies and try to gain knowledge and skills by doing some extra courses. Thank and all the best
I passed my 12 exam in 2019 but I didnt get good marks. I want to apply for 2021 comparment exam, But I didnt gave 2020 comparment exam. So please someone tell me is it possible to give 2019 student a comparment exam in 2021?
I hope you are doing well, I'm sorry to say but that is not quite possible now to give a compartment exam.
All students are given three chances to clear their compartment exam i.e. for 2019 batch. The first one was in July 2019, the second one in March/April 20 and last chance was in July 2019. After you loose these 3 chances no more exams are allocated to the students.
Hope this helps!!
even though I passed 12th through state board .To improve my Marks I repeated my 12th through NIOS now i have 2 marksheets .are both valid? can I use both in future according to my convenience? or I can only NIOS one?
Hey guys I hope you are doing good this link it not for any promotion but this is to provide you the best information about the best school, in Punjab
Best school inn Phagwara, Punjab please so visit the website :