NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Science Chapter 4 Material Metals and Non-metals
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 4 Material Metals and Non-metals - Have you ever noticed the difference in the sound when an iron piece and wooden piece are dropped? Do you know why they sound different? Because iron and wood are entirely two different materials with different properties. Questions related to properties of metals and nonmetals are discussed throughout the solutions of NCERT for class 8 science chapter 4 material metals and non-metals. Some materials are hard, lustrous, malleable, ductile, sonorous and good conductors of heat and electricity while some other materials do not show these properties. With the help of CBSE NCERT solutions for class 8 science chapter 4 material metals and non-metals, you will get to know the chemical and physical properties of metals and non-metals. Try to solve the exercise of NCERT and If you face any problem or if you want to understand any question in a better way then refer to the NCERT solutions for class 8 science chapter 4 material metals and non-metals. Solutions of NCERT helps students to perform better in exams.
Topics of NCERT class 8 science chapter 4 material metals and non-metals
4.1 Physical Properties of Metals and Non-metals
4.2 Chemical Properties of Metals and Non-metals
- Reaction with Oxygen
- Reaction with Water
- Reactions with Acids
- Reactions with Bases
- Displacement Reactions
4.3 Uses of Metals and Non-metals
NCERT solutions for class 8 science chapter 4 material metals and non-metals exercise
NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Science- Chapter-wise
NCERT Solutions For Class 8: Subject-Wise
NCERT Solutions for Class 8 Science Chapter 4 Material Metals and Non-metals- Points to remember:
The main points to be noted after going through NCERT solutions for class 8 science chapter 4 material metals and non-metals
- Metals are lustrous whereas non-metals are not.
- Generally, metals are malleable and ductile. Non-metals are not malleable and not ductile.
- Metals are good conductors of heat and electricity whereas non-metals are poor conductors.
- Mercury is a liquid metal
- Metals react with oxygen to produce metal oxides which are basic in nature. Non-metals react with oxygen to produce non- metallic oxides which are acidic in nature. Certain questions based on this are given in NCERT solutions for class 8
- Some metals react with water to produce metal hydroxides and hydrogen gas. Generally, nonmetals do not react with water.
- Metals react with acids and produce hydrogen gas and metal salts. Generally, non-metals do not react with acids.
- Some metals react with bases to produce hydrogen gas
- More reactive metals displace less reactive metals from their compounds in aqueous solutions.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - NCERT Solutions For Class 8 Science Chapter 4 Material Metals and Non-metals
Question: How important is the chapter Material Metals and Non-Metals for coming classes
The concepts studied in the NCERT class 8 chapter Material Metals and Non-Metals will be used in the chemistry part of coming classes. There are many reactions to be studied based on the properties of metals and non metals
Sainik School Tilaiya Admission 2021 - Check important dates, ...
Sainik School Kodagu Admission 2021 - Check admission process,...
OFSS Bihar admission 2020 Online - Bihar School Examination Bo...
Bihar Board Compartmental Result 2020 has released in on Aug 7...
NCERT Books for Class 11 English 2020-21 - NCERT books of Engl...
Mahadbt Scholarship 2020 - Students can check eligibility, ben...
Sainik School Eligibility Criteria 2021-22 - Students have to ...
Sainik School Rewari Result 2021 - Know the steps to check res...
Sainik School Ghorakhal Result 2021 will be released in the la...
Sainik School Admit Card 2021 – Sainik School Society will rel...