NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 14 Symmetry
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter 14 Symmetry- In mathematics, s ymmetry means that one shape becomes exactly like another when you move(turn, flip or slide) it in some way. In nature, tree-leaves, beehives, flowers, and in the logo, symbols everywhere you can find various types of symmetrical designs. In this article, you will get CBSE NCERT solutions for class 7 maths chapter 14 symmetry. It is an important concept of the geometrical part used in artists, designing of jewelry or clothes, architects, car manufacturers, etc. In this chapter, you will learn some basic symmetry concepts like line symmetry, lines of symmetry for regular polygons, and rotational symmetry.
- Line of Symmetry:- It is defined as the imaginary line or axis that passes through the center of the object or shape and divides it into two perfectly identical halves. Example-Regular polygons like square, regular pentagon, a regular hexagon, etc have equal sides and equal angles. They have more than one line of symmetry.
Number of lines of symmetry of some regular polygon are given in the following table-
|Regular polygon||Regular hexagon||Regular pentagon||Square||Equilateral triangle|
|No. of lines of symmetry||6||5||4||3|
- Rotational symmetry:- It is defined as the imaginary a center point (fixed point) around that an object or shape is rotated by a number of degrees and the object or shape looks exactly the same. In a complete turn of 360-degree, the number of times an object or shape looks exactly the same is called the order of rotational symmetry.
The order of symmetry for an equilateral triangle is 3 and the order of symmetry for a square is 4. In NCERT solutions for class 7 maths chapter 14 symmetry, you will get many questions related to the order of symmetry which will give you more clarity of the concept. In this chapter of NCERT, there are 19 questions in three exercises. You will get detailed explanations of all these questions in CBSE NCERT solutions for class 7 maths chapter 14 symmetry. It will be very easy for you to understand the concept. You can get NCERT solutions from class 6 to 12 by clicking on the above link. Here you will get NCERT solutions for class 7 .
Topics of NCERT Grade 7 Maths Chapter 14 Symmetry
14.2 Lines of Symmetry for Regular Polygons
14.3 Rotational Symmetry
14.4 Line Symmetry and Rotational Symmetry
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Maths Chapter wise
|Chapter 8||NCERT solutions for class 7 maths chapter 8 comparing quantities|
NCERT solutions for class 7 maths chapter 14 Symmetry
|Chapter 15||NCERT solutions for class 7 maths chapter 15 Visualising Solid Shapes|
NCERT Solutions for Class 7 Subject wise
Benefits of NCERT solutions for class 7 maths chapter 14 symmetry
- You will learn to identify different types of symmetry and also the order of the symmetry.
- It will make your homework easy as you will find the detailed explanations of all the NCERT questions including practice questions given below every topic in this article.
- You should try to solve all the NCERT questions including examples. If you facing difficulties in solving them, you can take help from these solutions.
- After every topic, there are some practice questions given in the textbook to give you conceptual clarity. In NCERT solutions for class 7 maths chapter 14 symmetry, you will find solutions to these practice questions also.
OFSS Bihar admission 2020 Online - Bihar School Examination Bo...
Bihar Board Compartmental Result 2020 has released in on Aug 7...
NCERT Books for Class 11 English 2020-21 - NCERT books of Engl...
Mahadbt Scholarship 2020 - Students can check eligibility, ben...
Looking Ahead - Planning for Post COVID-19 Learning and Teachi...
Kerala Plus One Result 2020 - DHSE, Kerala has declared the pl...
Jharkhand Academic Council 2021 - JAC board has started 2020-2...
JAC Cass 9th Syllabus 2020-21 - Students can download Jharkhan...
Meghalaya Board of School Education (MBOSE) 2021 - Know more d...
GSEB SSC Syllabus 2020-21 - Gujarat Board has released the GSE...