Which Stream to Select after Class X?
Are you confused about which stream to select after CBSE Class X? Do you want the right guidance for selecting the best stream? What to study after Class X? These are the top queries that class 10th students ask after the board exam result announcement. However, they left perplexed by different options and opinions. More often, students opt for a stream that is the building block of their dream. Considering this basic struggle of students
How to Choose a Stream After 10th Standard Examination?
Different parameters must be thought over to select the right stream after Class 10th examinations. The foremost criterion is to select a stream which is your strength then match it with your interest and future scope to choose the right stream. Get the help from the given tips to selecting the best one-
- Know Your Interest- It is necessary to check whether you feel excited to read a particular subject or not. One must only select a stream that he/she gets connected with. If you are passionate about mathematical calculations and you can do do it more often, then either select the science or commerce stream.
- Find Your Strength- After checking the interest areas, one must match their interests with strengths. Most of the time, students have an inclination towards Science, but their scorecard reflects the highest scores in Social Studies. So, selecting Humanities rather than Science would be the best option for them.
- Understand the Stream In-Depth- After knowing strengths and interest, one must check the future growth of that stream after 10th. Like in 19s, people want to be an engineer as they get respect for having a professional degree. However, in the 21st century, if you won't get admission to IIT or NIT then it is hard to get the same respect. So, after selecting one, do check its future scope as well.
- Get Career Counselling- Students can also get career guidance from the experts that are available online as well as offline. These counsellers study about different careers options and students psychology regularly to provide better guidance. If you find hard to choose the right one among stream after Class 10th
- Financial Budget Check- Sometimes, students have big dreams and they have the strength to accomplish that but the pocket of their parents won't allow them to pursue the same. In this case, students can opt for a similar option with less fee.
Which Stream to Select After CBSE Class X?
The broad three streams after class X for students to select are- Science, Commerce and Humanities/Arts. These three streams are broadly categorized as per their course structure and subjects. Following is the information that every Class X student must read and consider so as to make the right choice for the future.
Science Stream: This field is related to Medical studies and Engineering, with subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Commerce Stream: This stream is related to trade, commerce, business, and financial marketing. If you have strong mathematics and financial abilities, Commerce is best for you.
Humanities/Arts Stream: This stream is the widest of all, and is related to education in subjects like History, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, languages, Anthropology, Human Resources, journalism etc.
Vocational Stream- Studying professional courses such as Fashion Designing, Nursing are included in this stream.
Below are the details, advantages of each stream and the educational prospect of each stream, which answers the question of which stream to select after CBSE Class X in a simplified way.
1. Science Stream- The Most Attractive Stream
Science has always been the most fascinating among all the streams and the most lucrative to study in, but it is not a stream that you can just study without any interest. The main subjects to study in science are Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics and C++ (depending upon the school).
To a Class X student, the Science stream option gives an opportunity to pursue their future careers in Medical and Engineering related fields. The subjects include practical labs and theory which requires a lot of hard work from the students.
Further, a student can select the Medical and Non-Medical field, which is differentiated by Biology subject. For every medical student, it is important to study Biology as a core subject and non-medical students must study Mathematics and Computers, along with Physics and Chemistry.
Division in Science Stream
- Science Stream with Mathematics (PCM)
- Science Stream With Biology (PCB)
- Science Stream with Biology & Math
Note- Students opting for Science stream can also prepare for the KVPY Scholarship examination to get financial help for higher studies and research work.
2. Commerce Stream- Best Stream for Business & Finance Studies
Commerce field is all about learning and studying subjects related to trade, business, finance, and economics. This is the most preferred stream of education by most of the class X students who wish to embark a career or profession into MNCs, Banks or even entrepreneurship. The important subjects to study in these fields are, English, Business Studies, Economics, Accounts and Computers.
Few competitive exams to pursue after Class X in commerce related fields are:
- C.S Foundation Course
- C.A Foundation Course
- ICWA Foundation Course
3. Humanities or Arts Stream- Explore Creativity
As a student, if you are keen on studies and aspire to learn most of the things, Humanities is the perfect stream. With Humanities a student gets to study History, Geography, Language, Psychology, Political Science, Literature and Journalism, and Mass Media.
If you are thinking ‘What to choose after Class X’, Humanities can be a great opportunity for your career, as the wide range of subjects offers great career options. Also, if a student aims for being an IAS officer or desire to get into other civil services, this is the best field to select for.
4. Vocational Courses- (Professional/ Short-term courses)
Apart from Class 12th studies, many students opt for short-term professional courses such as ITI courses, polytechnic diploma courses, paramedical courses. These courses fetch jobs after completion but the salary package is less. Only a few state boards teach vocational streams after the 10th. However, students have to join a professional institute after class 10th examination instead of the 12th. The duration of these courses can be of 3 months, 6 months, or 1 year as per the requirement and student's preference. Some of the vocational streams after 10th standard examinations are
- Interior Designing
- Fire and Safety
- Fashion Designing
- Jewelry Designing
- Dialysis Technician
- Health/ Sanitary Inspector
- X-Ray Technician
For every Class X student selecting a stream after CBSE Class X is an important question that must be answered in a simplified way so that students can decide about what stream they must select.
NCERT Books for Class 10 Social Science 2020-21 - Download cha...
NCERT Books for Class 10 2020-21 PDF (All Subjects) - NCERT pu...
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Science Chapter 13 Magnetic Effec...
NCERT Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 Polynomials solve...
CBSE Class 12 Economics Syllabus 2020-21 - Download latest CBS...
Questions related to CBSE Class 10th
I got 85% in CBSE class 10th , I am from open category. on the basis of merit list can I get admission in government polytechnic college, Aurangabad for computer science
Government Polytechnic College Aurangabad is a public college which was established in the year 1955. It has student capacity of 2042 students and has 87 faculty members.
This college offers 11 courses in 2 streams and 8 specializations. You have scored excellent in your board examination. Therefore you can surely get admission here.
For more information please check the link below: https://www.careers360.com/colleges/government-polytechnic-aurangabad/amp
but I think I can rewrite the paper
If you are talking about the CBSE class 10th exams and you have already appeared for the exams and are willing to re-appear . The reason mentioned by you is not clear and so I am supposing that this is because , you have got less/unexpected marks in your exams. To be honest, it's really difficult for you to rewrite the paper in this pandemic situation where every school and college is closed yet.
I would ask you to check out once our country deals effectively with the virus and the vaccine is out, then only something can be said with surety, until then it's just the assumptions.
Hope that helps
All the best.
I not satisfied in only one subject is this wrong or correct to go for re-vaulution
If you are totally confident about this subject then go for re-valuation. At first talk to your school or college authority about this and after being sure and knowing all the things then apply for this. May it will help you.
CBSE class 10th compartment online forms Apply 2020
CBSE Class 10th compartment result is provided through the official website: cbseresults.nic.in. Students failing in a subject in annual exams of CBSE will be able to apply for compartment exam in the third week of August 2020. Last date to submit CBSE 10th compartment form is third week of August 2020. Please click the below link to know more.
result 10th cbse ka chahiye or uska marksheet bhee
- Go to the website.
- Click on CBSE 10th result 2020.
- Enter your credentials like roll number, school no., enter centre no., admit card number etc.
- Click on submit button.
- Your result will be displayed on the screen. Take a screenshot of your result.
- Open SMS application.
- Type SMS: cbse10<space>RollNumber<space>AdmitCardID
- Send it to 7738299899.
Students can also check their results through Umang and DigiLocker app. http://news.careers360.com/cbse-10th-result-2020-live-updates-check-cbse-class-10-results-cbseresultsnicin