PRMO Registration 2020-21 - Check Application Dates, Fee, Details
PRMO Registration 2020-21 - HBCSE has closed the online registration form of Pre-RMO 2020 or IOQM exam on iaptexam.in. PRMO exam has been renamed to IOQM for this year only as the selection procedure has been condensed to three stages: IOQM, INMO and IMOTC. Students could register for the PRMO 2020 exam on or before December 5, 2020 in online mode only. This year, they could not fill PRMO registration form 2020-21 through the registered centres. Students studying in class 8 to 12 and who are born on or after August 1, 2001, were eligible for PRMO registration 2020-21. The application fee for PRMO 2020 is Rs 230. MTA (Mathematics Teachers’ Association) conducted the Mathematical Olympiad 2020 or IOQM exam on January 17, 2021. PRMO or IOQM is the first step for All India Mathematical Olympiad. Read the article for complete details of PRMO registration 2020, dates & fee.
PRMO Registration 2020-21 Dates
The calendar with the important dates related to PRMO 2020 is given below. Students must keep it handy so as not to skip any important event.
PRMO Registration Dates 2020-21 (Tentative)
|Start Date of PRMO Registration||November 1, 2020|
|Last Date to Register||December 5, 2020|
|Release of Admit Card||January 6, 2021|
|PRMO 2020 Exam||January 17, 2021|
|Declaration of Result||January 30, 2021|
|INMO exam||March 7, 2021|
PRMO 2020-21 Eligibility
- Students who born on or after August 1, 2001 and are studying in class 8th to 12th are eligible to apply for PRMO 2020.
- Only Indian citizens and students with OCI cards can fill the PRMO registration form.
Note- As per the orders of the Madras High Court, students with OCI status will not be eligible for selection to the Indian team in the International Mathematical Olympiad.
How to Apply for PRMO 2020-21?
Students who satisfy the above eligibility can register for PRMO 2020. Listed below are the steps that students must follow to fill PRMO registration form-
- In the case of students of registered school or college, they are required to fill the PRMO application form and submit it in school.
- The students are required to pay the registration fee to the school.
- Students from any other schools can contact registered ones and apply.
- These registration centres are expected to accept fees from such students and register them at the portal during students’ registration.
Click here to download PRMO student registration form of last year.
PRMO 2020-21 Registration Fee
- For the PRMO 2020 registration, students have to pay a fee of Rs. 230 to the registration centre.
- Registration fee should be paid offline through Cheque, Demand Draft or Cash deposit.
- In case of offline mode, collect NEFT /RTGS paying-in-slip from the bank.
Details to be filled in PRMO 2020-21 Registration Form
Students may note that they will be required to fill the fields listed below during PRMO registration 2020:
- Full Name as per School Record
- Date of Birth
- Date of birth
- Phone number
- Email ID
- School Type (KV, JNV, Others)
- School name
- Address for Open School (NIOS)
After filling the PRMO 2020 registration form, students must check for the accuracy, fill in the date and place and then sign the form. The registration centre will then acknowledge the receipt of PRMO registration form 2020 and hand over the acknowledgement slip to students.
Snapshot of the PRMO Registration Form for students’ reference:
If you have any further queries, please contact:
Help desk - 080-4908 7030
Timings: Monday to Friday: 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM and 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
Saturday:10:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Pre-RMO 2020-21 Exam Pattern
- PRMO 2020 will be of 3-hour duration and will be based on the high school syllabus.
- It will consist of 30 questions of 2 marks, 3 marks and 5 marks.
- Each answer will be a 1-digit or a 2-digit number.
- Candidates will be provided with an OMR sheet to mark their answers.
- After the exam, candidates can take the student a copy of the exam with them for later reference.
- MTA has released the answer key of PRMO on January 19, 2021.
The important topics that students should cover while preparing for Pre-RMO 2020 are listed below-
- Quadratic equations and expressions
- Co-ordinate geometry
- Finite series
- Complex numbers
- Linear equations
- Permutations and combination
- Factorization of polynomial
- Elementary combinatorics
- Probability theory and number theory
- Elementary graph theory
Registered students could download their admit card from January 6, 2021, through the official website, meta-secure.com. Every student should bring their hall ticket of Pre-RMO 2020 on the exam day. The admit card contains the exam date, time and venue details. All KVs and JNV schools will be exam centres.
Pre-RMO 2020-21 Preparation Tips
To prepare well for the Mathematical Olympiad exam, students must follow the tips given below:
- Go through the entire PRMO syllabus and cover each and every topic well.
- Solve as many previous years’ PRMO question papers and sample papers for better practice. These will make one familiar with the exam pattern and marking scheme of the exam. Also, one gets to know the difficulty level of the paper.
- Get all doubts sorted by your friends or teachers. Having clear concepts is very important for PRMO 2020.
- Maintain a copy of formulas and also note down all the important points in it.
The result will be announced in online mode on January 30, 2021. Students who will qualify the Pre-Regional Mathematical Olympiad will be eligible to appear for next stage i.e. INMO. Qualified students have to register for INMO separately. Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE) will start the INMO registration in the second week of February 2020. Below are the steps to apply for INMO 2021
Steps to Apply for INMO 2021
- Visit the official link given above.
- Enter roll number, date of birth and captcha code.
- Click on Login button.
- Fill INMO 2020 registration form and submit it.
Also, check -
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - PRMO Registration 2020-21 - Check Application Dates, Fee, Details
Question: Can NIOS students apply for PRMO 2020?
Yes, NIOS students are eligible for PRMO 2020
Question: What is the PRMO 2020 exam centres?
All KVs and JNV schools will be exam centres.
Question: What is the registration fee?
The registration fee for non-KV and non-JNV students is Rs 230/-. For KV students, the fee is Rs.125/- and for JNV students, the fee is Rs. 100/-.
RMO Admit Card 2020 - HBCSE will release RMO hall ticket in th...
Questions related to HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad
Why does the official site of hbcse and mta do not have any information about prmo 2020-21?
HBCSE has delayed the online registration form of Pre-RMO 2020 exam. It is expected to be issued in the last week of June 2020 on mtaexam.com
You can register for PRMO 2020 exam in online mode or through the registered centres.
Eligible students will be able to register for or Pre-Regional Mathematical Olympiad 2020 till the first week of July 2020.
Pre-Regional Mathematics Olympiad 2020 may help in the second week of August 2020.
I hope this helps.
sir , This is Tushar, i live in telangana state in Hyderabad how can i apply for pre rmo? and where i can get my center?
Tushar, HBCSE will release the online registration forms for PRMO tentatively from the first or second weeks of August. You can either register through your school if it has been registered or you can register on your own. Schools will start registering themselves for PRMO tentatively from the month of June. So you need to check if your School has been registered or not. Based on that, you can either register through your school or individually. At this point in time, you need to wait for official notification for the registration process to start. For more information, please read our article: https://school.careers360.com/articles/prmo-registration
Can I register for PRMO online?(I am already eligible).
Yes , you also can apply online for PRMO, here HBCSE will release online application window most probably in the first week of June (depends upon the conditions also) on mtaexma.com, as you didn't mention your anything so that we could check your eligibility for this so still you can see basic eligibility criteria which are mentioned here:
Candidate must be from class 8th to 12 .
Your age must be after 1 August 2001.
Only Indian citizen and students who are having OCI certificates can apply for PRMO 2020.
for more criterias and details you can refer given link:
Best of luck.
if i qualified prmo then can i give rmo? Whats the syllabus of prmo and rmo
The Pre-Regional Mathematics Olympiads is the first stage of the Mathematical Olympiad Examination. The Mathematical Olympiad exam comprises of six stages - Pre-regional Mathematical Olympiad, Regional Mathematical Olympiad, IMO Training Camp, Indian National Mathematical Olympiad, Pre-departure Camp, and International Olympiad. Upon clearing the PRMO, candidates will be eligible to appear in the second stage (RMO) and so on.
The syllabus for PRMO mostly covers the pre-degree college mathematics. The syllabus covers topics from Class 9 and Class 10 levels. Some of the various topics covered in the PRMO Examination are as follows:
Arithmetic of integers
System of linear equations
Permutations and combination
Factorization of polynomial
Quadratic equations and expressions
Finite series and complex numbers
Elementary graph theory
Statistics and Calculus are not included and the main areas that the syllabus covers are algebra, geometry, number theory and combinatorics.
There's no prescribed syllabus for RMO, it mostly covers the Class 9th and Class 10th Mathematics.
Hope this helps you. We wish you the best for your future endeavours!
what is kv and jnv in the admission points given in the prmo
Ahmed, KV refers to Kendriya Vidyalaya and JNV refers to Jawahar Navoday Vidyalaya. KV and JNV students have a lesser application fees as compared to non KV or non JNV students for PRMO.
Also their state/ zone is not considered while declaring the results. Instead, the top 5% of KV/ JNV students from classes 8 to 11 and top 1% of students from class 12 are selected for RMO.
That is why in the school type column in the PRMO application form, the options are KV, JNV or others. Hope it helps.