NCERT Book for Class 12 English 2022 - Download PDF
NCERT Books for Class 12 English: NCERT Books are designed under the National Curriculum Framework. Most schools affiliated with CBSE prescribe the NCERT books for class 12 English which help students to look into the NCERT class 12th syllabus and read accordingly. The students, especially the ones who are from the CBSE board are advised to study from NCERT Class 12th English book. NCERT Class 12 books will help them to understand the course well and score high.
In 12th grade, students can opt for different streams like medical, non - medical, arts and commerce. However, English is a compulsory subject for all the students appearing for the class 12th board exam regardless of the stream they choose. The English paper is a little tricky and lengthy and students need to prepare well for it. In this article, we will discuss in detail the NCERT 12th English syllabus, marking scheme and importance of NCERT books for class 12th English.
How to Download NCERT Books for Class 12 English Pdf Free?
Students who want to access the pdf of NCERT books class 12 English for free can either click the link given below or can visit the official website of NCERT to download the free NCERT book pdf. Steps to download NCERT English books for class 12th online :
- Click the below link of the respective chapter link or visit the official website: ncert.nic.in/textbook.php
- Select the desired class and subject.
- A pdf file will open on your screen.
- Students can click on the arrow given above to download the free pdf file of NCERT Class 12 English book.
Benefits of NCERT Books for Class 12th English:
- All the NCERT books are written by the experts after in-depth research and thus these books help in giving authentic knowledge to every student. Each and every topic mentioned in the NCERT book is written in simple language for the comfort of students.
- NCERT books help in clearing the fundamental concepts of the students. The topics are explained keeping in mind its basic concept and then gradually the detailed information is put forth. This hierarchy of explanation makes it easy for a better understanding.
- The NCERT books for Class 12th English strictly follows the CBSE curriculum. This helps the students to score the best in the CBSE class 12th board exam. This proves that NCERT books are the best for scoring good marks.
- The problems mentioned in the NCERT 12th English books are the sample questions that students should practise for their board examination. This will also make them aware of the question paper’s difficulty level.
How to Purchase NCERT book for class 12 English Online?
From the academic session 2018-19, NCERT has initiated the provision to purchase the NCERT books online for students. To purchase the same, follow these steps :
- Candidates can visit the official website of NCERT, https://ncertbooks.ncert.gov.in/login to purchase the Class 12 English Books online.
- Register online by giving the basic info. before placing the order.
- Further, click on the link "order NCERT textbooks online" and add the Class 12 English NCERT books in the cart
- Click on the option “proceed to payment” for paying the amount through online mode by using a credit card and debit card or net banking.
NCERT Book for Class 12 English
Below given table contains the NCERT Class 12th books name and chapters that students should read for their board examination-
NCERT English Books for Class 12th
Flamingo - Prose
Flamingo - Poetry
Vistas - Supplementary Reader
SHORT STORIES – INTRODUCTION
POETRY – INTRODUCTION
NON-FICTION – INTRODUCTION
DRAMA - INTRODUCTION
- NCERT Book for Class 12 Physics
- NCERT Book for Class 12 Maths
- NCERT Books for Class 12 Chemistry
- NCERT Books for Class 12 Biology
- NCERT Book for Class 12 Hindi
CBSE Class 12th English Marking Scheme-
CBSE design the question paper as per the guidelines of NCERT which contains a total of 100 marks. There will be three sections in the NCERT Class 12th English paper that are reading, writing and grammar, literary textbooks and novels reading.
No. of Sections
Number of questions
- Reading Skills: This includes conceptual understanding, decoding, interpreting and appreciating the literary conventions and vocabulary. It also enhances the vocabulary of the students and tests their overall understanding of English.
- Writing Skills and Grammar: This puts forth the evaluation of reasoning, appropriacy of tone and style, use of appropriate format and fluency, creativity, and comprehension using structures integratively.
- Literary Textbooks and Long Reading Text/Novel: Reading literary textbooks helps in the evaluation of literary conventions, inference, analysis, evaluation, creativity with fluency.
Detailed NCERT English Marking Scheme
MCQ – 1 marks
Very Short Answer Question – 1 marks
Short Answer Question – 3 marks
Short Answer Question – 4 marks
Long Answer: 1 (80-100 words) – 5 marks
Long Answer: 2 (120-150 words) – 6 marks
Very Long Answer (150-200 words) – 10 marks
- Students are advised to go through the latest English class 12th syllabus and study accordingly.
- Candidates should refer to the latest CBSE 12 sample papers and practise the same to know the exam pattern better.
- Students are also suggested to analyse previous year CBSE 12 question papers and get familiar with the difficulty level of the exam.
- Revise the NCERT book for class 12th English, class notes and refer to class 12th English chapters summary after reading the entire chapter.
Also read -
UP Board Result 2022 10th, 12th - Uttar Pradesh Board has rele...
UP Board 12th Result 2022 - UPMSP has released Class 12 UP boa...
NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics Chapter 1 Electric Charge...
HBSE 12th compartment result 2022 has been declared on August ...
HBSE Result 2022 - Haryana Board has released the bseh.org.in ...
HBSE 12th Result 2022 - Class 12 HBSE result for Science, Arts...
Odisha CHSE Time Table 2023 - Council of Higher Secondary Educ...
CBSE Class 12 Topper Answer Sheet 2022- CBSE releases the answ...
CBSE Class 12 Toppers 2022 - CBSE board will release the list ...
CBSE 12th Compartment Result 2022 - CBSE board will declare th...