CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus 2020-21 - Download Pdf Here
CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus 2020-21 - Central Board of Secondary Education has released the syllabus of Computer Science for Class 12. This year, the CBSE 12th computer science syllabus 2021 has been reduced by deleting some topics. The latest syllabus download link is given below:
Syllabus Link: Click here to download CBSE 12 Computer syllabus 2021 pdf (Link is to be activated shortly).
- CBSE Class 12 syllabus 2020-21 for all other subjects are also available.
Students can also download the CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus 2020-21 pdf from the official website of CBSE board, cbseacademics.nic.in. Students can check the important topics and marking scheme from the CBSE Class 12 Computer Science syllabus 2020-21. To pass the CBSE 12th exam with flying colours, it is important to follow the syllabus strictly. The CBSE Class 12 Computer Science syllabus 2020-21 provides an insight into the contents of the Computer Science subject. The total marks for CBSE 12th Computer Science are 100, which is segregated into theory and practicals. Check the complete syllabus and links to download the syllabus in this article.
CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus 2020-21
As per the CBSE 12th Computer Science syllabus 2020, the theory paper will be of 70 marks and practicals will be of 30 marks. The detailed 12th class Computer Science syllabus of CBSE for both theory and practicals are given below.
Also, check preparation tips for Class 12 Computer Science.
CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus for Theory
Some of the topics of the 12th class Computer subject are provided below:
Unit I: Computational Thinking and Programming - 2 (40 Marks)
- Revision - Python basics covered in Class XI.
- Functions: scope, lists, tuples, parameter passing, default parameters, passing strings, positional parameters, functions using libraries, return values, etc.
- File handling, Types of file
- Text File: Basic operations on a text file: Open, Close, Reading and Manipulation of data, Appending data into a text file, relative and absolute paths, etc.
- Binary File: Basic operations: Open, Close, Pickle Module; Read, Search, Append, Write/Create and Update.
- CSV File: Import CSV module, functions – Open, Close, Read and Write using csv.reader ( ) and csv.writerow( ).
- Using Python libraries: Import Python libraries.
- Data-structures: Lists, Stacks – Push, Pop using a list.
Unit II: Computer Networks (10 Marks)
- Evolution of Networking: ARPANET, Internet, etc.
- Data Communication terminologies: Data transfer rate, Bandwidth, Concept of Channel, etc.
- Network devices: Modem, Ethernet Card, Gateway, Switch, RJ45 connector, Router, WiFi card, etc.
- Transmission media: Coaxial cable, Twisted pair cable, optical fiber, infrared, radio, microwave and satellite link.
- Network Topologies and types
- Network Protocol: TCP/IP, FTP, PPP, HTTP, SMTP, POP3, Telnet, Internet, etc.
- Mobile Telecommunication Technologies: 1G, 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G;
- Mobile processors, Protocols for Chat and Video Conferencing
- Network Security Concepts
- Introduction To Web services: WWW, HTML, XML, HTTP, URL, Domain Names
- Website, Web browser, Web 8 Servers; Web Hosting.
Unit III: Database Management (20 Marks)
- Database Concept
- Relational data model: Relation, attribute, concept of domain, tuple, cardinality, degree, key;
- Candidate key, foreign key, primary key and alternate key
- Structured Query Language (SQL): General Concepts, Advantages, Data Manipulation Language and Data Definition Language
- Data Types: number/decimal, character/varchar/varchar2, date;
- SQL commands covered in class XI (2019-20)
- Joins: equi-join and natural join
- Interface of Python with an SQL database
CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus 2020-21 for Practicals
Report File: Minimum 21 Python programs.
Download Other Subjects' Syllabus
How to download CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus 2020-21?
Follow the below-given steps to download the CBSE syllabus for Class 12 Computer Science syllabus 2020 in PDF format.
- Step 1 - Visit the website cbseacademic.nic.in.
- Step 2 - Now click on the ‘Senior secondary curriculum (XI-XII)’
- Step 3 - Select option of ‘Academic Electives - (Group-A)’ and then select the ‘Computer Science New XII’
- Step 4 - CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus 2020 will be available to download. Save the syllabus for further reference.
Prescribed Books for CBSE Class 12 Computer Science
CBSE Board prescribes NCERT Books for Class 12 to cover the CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus 2020-21. The NCERT books are easily available and students can understand all the topics quickly from the NCERT. Computer Science is a practical subject, hence students must excel in the practicals as well. For this, students can refer to practical books as prescribed.
Preparation Tips for CBSE Class 12 Computer Science
- To prepare for computer science, students need to read the complete CBSE Class 12 Computer Science syllabus 2020-21 and check all the important topics.
- Read the standard books as prescribed by NCERT only. If required then only refer to other books.
- Solve CBSE Class 12 question papers 2020, to check the examination pattern and marking scheme.
- Practice as much as you can. With regular practice, students can check their weak areas and work on them in the meantime.
- Attempt CBSE Class 12 sample papers 2020 to increase your speed and accuracy in the board examination.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus 2020-21 - Download Pdf Here
Question: What are the passing marks for CBSE class 12th exams?
At least 33% marks are required to score in order to pass the exam.
Question: Where can I download CBSE 12th Computer Science syllabus 2021?
Students can download Class 12 Computer Science syllabus of CBSE 2021 here in form of a pdf file.
Question: Is CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus the same all over India?
Yes, CBSE Class 12 computer syllabus 2021 is the same for all the CBSE students across India.
CBSE Class 12 Physics Sample Papers 2021 - CBSE Board will rel...
CBSE 12th Admit Card 2021 - CBSE will release the Class 12 adm...
CBSE Class 12 Maths Syllabus 2020-21 - CBSE has released the C...
CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Sample Papers 2020-21 - Download last ...
CBSE Class 12 Previous Year Question Papers are provided here ...
Questions related to CBSE Class 12th
what is the registration fees for cbse class 12th 2020-21?
Since the year 2019, CBSE has implemented new policy to increase its fee for registration of class X and XII students.
The Fee for Class XII for registering in CBSE is Rs. 1500/-. for general Category students. However, is is a bit less for reserved candidates.
Got 93.75% in best 4 subjects in CBSE class 12th in humanities streem . Please let me know prediction for Delhi Universitys best colleges like St Stefan, lady Sri Ram , Hindu , Mary, Miranda
Hope you are doing well.
As per your question, as you are good marka in your academics you can get good college as well as per your academics marks. Some of the good colleges in delhi are :-
1) Hindu college:-they have fees structure of 52.68k
2) st Stephen college:- having fee structure of 1.21lakh
3) miranda house :--having fees structure of 48.3k
4) hansraj college:-having fee structure of 62.386k
5) gargi college:-having fees structure of 36.38k
6) ramjas college:-having fee structure of 40.4k
As per my opinion you can go for having a degree in St stepen college or gargi college as per your financial as well as per convinience .
As all the colleges mentioned above are good colleges so can choose any of the college for your futher academics or degree.
Hope this information helps you out. Thank you
i have given compartment exam in music, and improvement exam in 4 main subject except music, now while getting admission in college they ask me to give total marks in 500, but i have given improvement for 400 marks, which subject marks should i add in 400 to make it 500
Improvement exams can only be given by passed out students. You can use any of your result for applying in colleges i.e. improved result or one that you got earlier. If you have given exam in 4 subject then you have to mention marks of music as 5 subject which you have got in your compartment examination that will sum up to 500 marks.
Hope this will help
Hey there, I want to register for NSEP and I am seriously confused about the registration part! Is it online or offline? If its online then from where can I fill up the form for NSEP, Help please! :)
IAPT (Indian Association of Physics Teachers) has delayed the registration process until August 30, 2020. IAPT will release the application form of NSEP 2020 on iaptexam.in. Students can register directly through centre registration or can submit applications online for NSEP 2020 till the last date. The application forms are not yet available. Once the form is released in the official website you need to fill the following details.
- Name of the Student
- Father's Name/ Mother's Name
- Date of Birth
- School Name & Address
- Student's Postal Address
Students will have to pay the registration fee to the school authorities in order to complete the NSEP registration 2020. Please click the below link to know more.
In CBSE class 12th i failed in maths which was my main subject but passed in 6th subject i.e. Physical Education so my overall result is PASS am i eligible for B.A Degree ?
For few board of education such as CBSE , if one fails in any one of their subjects whether it is main or extra then he/she will be regraded to be a fail. Every board takes the re-exam on the given time. This is called supplementary/compartment exam. After giving this exam one can improve his/her marks in that subject.
As per CBSE Examination rules, a student is declared pass if he passes in English and 4 other subjects. So, if you fail in 2 subjects then you will be considered failed and need to appear for compartment exams. Hence you will not be eligible for admission to undergraduate courses in any university. But don't worry give your best to improve your marks this time
Hope your query is resolved.