NCERT Book for Class 12 English
NCERT Books for Class 12 English: NCERT Books are planned and designed under the National Curriculum Framework. Most schools affiliated to CBSE prescribe the NCERT books. NCERT book for class 12 English helps students to look into the CBSE class 12th syllabus and read accordingly. The students, especially the ones who are from the CBSE board are advised to study from NCERT Class 12th English book. This will help them to understand the course well and score high. Students are suggested to study all the subjects from NCERT books as these are designed for the better board exam and KVPY, JEE, NEET competitive exam preparation.
In 12th grade, students can opt for different streams like medical, non - medical, arts and commerce. However, English is a compulsory subject for all the students appearing for the class 12th board exam regardless of the stream they choose. The English paper is a little tricky and lengthy and students need to prepare well for it. In this article we will discuss in detail about the syllabus, marking scheme and importance of NCERT books for class 12th.
Benefits of NCERT Books for Class 12th English :
- All the NCERT books are written by the experts after in-depth research and thus these books help in giving authentic knowledge to every student. Each and every topic mentioned in the NCERT book is written in simple language for the comfort of students.
- NCERT books help in clearing the fundamental concepts of the students. The topics are explained keeping in mind its basic concept and then gradually the detailed information is put forth. This hierarchy of explanation makes it easy for a better understanding.
- The NCERT books for Class 12th English strictly follows the CBSE curriculum. This helps the students to score the best in CBSE class 12th board exam. This proves that NCERT books are the best for scoring good marks.
- The problems mentioned in the NCERT 12th English books are the sample questions that students should practise for their board examination. This will also make them aware of the question paper’s difficulty level.
How to Download NCERT Books for Class 12 English Pdf Free?
Students who want to access pdf of NCERT books class 12 English for free can either click the link given below or can visit the official website of NCERT to download the free NCERT book pdf. Steps to download NCERT English books for class 12th online :
- Click the below link of the respective chapter link or visit the official website http://ncert.nic.in/textbook/textbook.htm
- Select the desired class and subject.
- A pdf file will open on your screen.
- Students can click on the arrow given above to download the free pdf file of NCERT Class 12 English book
How to Purchase NCERT book for class 12 English Online?
From the academic session 2018-19, NCERT has initiated the provision to purchase the NCERT books online for students. To purchase the same, follow these steps :
- Candidates can visit the official website of NCERT, https://ncertbooks.ncert.gov.in/login to purchase the Class 12 English Books online.
- Register online by giving the basic info. before placing the order.
- Further, Click on the link "order NCERT textbooks online" and add the Class 12 English NCERT books in the cart
- Click on the option “proceed to payment” for paying the amount through online mode by using a credit card and debit card or net banking.
NCERT Book for Class 12 English
Below given table contains the NCERT Class 12th books name and chapters that students should read for their board examination-
NCERT English Books for Class 12th
Flamingo - Prose
Flamingo - Poetry
Vistas - Supplementary Reader
SHORT STORIES – INTRODUCTION
POETRY – INTRODUCTION
NON-FICTION – INTRODUCTION
DRAMA - INTRODUCTION
Class 12th English Syllabus keeps changing. As per the new updation, few chapters have been excluded from the class 12th English flamingo and class 12th English vistas. The excluded chapters are tabulated below:
Poets and Pancakes
A Roadside stand (poetry)
The third level
Journey to the end of the Earth
CBSE Class 12th English Marking Scheme-
CBSE design the question paper as per the guidelines of NCERT which contains a total of 100 marks. There will be three sections in NCERT Class 12th English paper that are reading, writing and grammar, literary textbooks and novels reading.
No. of Sections
Number of questions
- Reading Skills: This includes the conceptual understanding, decoding, interpreting and appreciating the literary conventions and vocabulary. It also enhances the vocabulary of the students and tests their overall understanding of English.
- Writing Skills and Grammar: This puts forth the evaluation of reasoning, appropriacy of tone and style, use of appropriate format and fluency, creativity, and comprehension using structures integratively.
- Literary Textbooks and Long Reading Text/Novel: Reading literary textbooks helps in the evaluation of literary conventions, inference, analysis, evaluation, creativity with fluency.
Detailed NCERT English Marking Scheme
MCQ – 1 marks
Very Short Answer Question – 1 marks
Short Answer Question – 3 marks
Short Answer Question – 4 marks
Long Answer: 1 (80-100 words) – 5 marks
Long Answer: 2 (120-150 words) – 6 marks
Very Long Answer (150-200 words) – 10 marks
- Students are advised to go through the latest English class 12th syllabus and study accordingly.
- Candidates should refer to the latest CBSE 12 sample papers and practise the same to know the exam pattern better.
- Students are also suggested to analyse previous year CBSE 12 question papers and get familiar with the difficulty level of the exam.
- Revise the NCERT book for class 12th English, class notes and refer to class 12th English chapters summary after reading the entire chapter.
CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Syllabus 2021 - CBSE releases the comp...
CBSE Class 12 Physics Syllabus 2021 - Students can download th...
CBSE 12th Admit Card 2021 - CBSE will release Class 12 admit c...
CBSE Class 12 Date Sheet 2021 - CBSE has postponed the CBSE da...
CBSE Class 12 Sample Papers 2021 – CBSE has released CBSE 12th...
Questions related to CBSE Class 12th
my score is 111 marks on 18 th march morning shift. I belongs to OBC category what will be my percentile according to my shift and expected rank?? Also pls suggest some colleges on this score I am from maharashtra.
If we go through the analysis of marks Vs Percentile Vs rank for JEE-Main 2020 then according to the marks mentioned by you in the question your percentile is expected to be in the range of 94.07 - 96.21 and your rank is expected to be in the range of 51150 - 57500, you can check out marks Vs ranks Vs Percentile from the link given below :-
You can also use JEE-Main Rank Predictor to predict your rank :-
So on such rank and category you have chances to get the enlisted NITs :-
You can check out previous year's cut-offs from the official website of JOSAA as given below :-
To have a list of all those colleges which you can get based upon your marks, category, and state you can use JEE-Main College Predictor:-
If you are preparing for JEE-Main 2021 or 2022 then I would recommend you to check the resources made by our experts to help aspirants like you in the best and smart preparation of JEE-Main 2021 or 2022 :-
I hope this information helps you.
I m in 12th PCM (CBSE) I have not given the pre board exam, and my school is threatening me that they will not give me those marks which are going from school. But i think the marks are given by the external examiner only on the basis of practicals which carry 30 marks.Am I correct?
In every school pre boards are a mandatory thing to give before your boards. It is a kind of sample test to check your preparation before your actual board exams.. Some schools also have rules for student to pass in the board exam in order to get the Admit Card.
Yes the marks are given by the external. But it's no loss if you talk to the school authorities calmly and come up with a solution to cope with problem.
All the very best for your Board exams.
I am in 12th PCM from CBSE board, and I am not giving the pre boards which have been started from tofay in my school because my JEE is on 25th. And they are saying that, they will not send those 20 (each subject) marks which will be going from school. What should I do.
If your JEE Mains examination is on 25th, definitely go and attend examination with full preparation.
Now, regarding the pre Board examinations in your school you can tell them in advance and ask for their permission and the School authority cannot restrict you from attending any examination.
Hope that this information was helpful for you.
All the best for your examinations!!
I passed I 11 in 2020 and want to take admission in class 12 as a regular candidate and Im from CBSE... can I take admission AS a regular candidate??
Your admission in 12th class in other school as a regular candidate will be possible if your parents transfer from one City to another city due to service or business. Your health problem is bound to change your city for you have to get regular treatment for unavailable reasons of ailment.
Your admission will be provincial and will be subject to the approval of CBSE board.
For this reason you have to submit a written affidavit on a 20 rupees stamp paper by your parents showing all the valid reasons for it. You have to submit documents like 11th result card ,11th registration card , document of your parents transfer due to service transfer or business transfer.
Hope this will be helpful.
hii, i have passed cbse class 12th examination in 2020 with 49%(pcb) .want to give neet exam,so i have applied for improvement in 2021 for chemestry and biology if my improved no. will less than previous one, then which will be valid. In case new one is less than previous one then what will happen?
Dont think too much dear. Improvement number is always higher than your previous year number. So just don't think negatively. You just focused on your study. And give the improvement examination. You will be passed with well number. You can get above 55% markd minimum. Thats your target and you will achieve it. Just prepare yourself.
All the best.