About ZIO 2020
Indian Association for Research in Computer Science (IARCS) conducts Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO) yearly to assess the ability of students in Computer Science.
- ZIO 2020 is open for all the students who are enrolled in schools.
- The application forms for ZIO 2020 were released on August 25. The last date to submit the forms was November 1, 2019.
- ZIO 2020 admit card was released online on November 6, 2019.
- Zonal Informatics Olympiad 2020 was held on November 10, 2019.
- The question paper consists of 4 questions containing 12 'cases' (or sub-questions). Each question carries 20 marks.
- The test duration is 3 hours. Students have to solve 80 marks' ZIO 2020 paper in the same.
- The result for ZIO 2020 has been declared on November 25, 2019.
- Qualifiers of ZIO will appear for Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI – 2020) which will be held on January 12, 2020.
ZIO 2020 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Zonal Informatics Olympiad|
|Short Exam Name||ZIO|
|Conducting Body||Indian Association for Research in Computing Science|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Application Fee (General)||472 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
ZIO 2020 Important Dates
Past Dates and Events
25 Nov, 2019
Result - ZIO | Mode: Online
10 Nov, 2019
Exam | Mode: Online
06 Nov, 2019
Admit Card | Mode: Online
25 Aug, 2019 - 01 Nov, 2019
Application | Mode: Online
ZIO 2020 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for Zonal Informatics Olympiad states the rules and regulations to be followed by appearing candidates. These are the minimum requirements which candidates should meet to be allowed for ZIO 2020 :
- The candidate must be enrolled in a school and must belong to 12th standard or any standard lower than that.
- All schools and boards across India are accepted.
- There is no lower age limit for ZIO.
ZIO 2020 Application Process
Mode of Application : Offline
Mode of Payment : Other
Application forms for ZIO 2020 were released on August 25, 2019 and students can apply online till November 1, 2019. Students can register individually by submitting an application form in online mode. Follow the given steps to fill the ZIO 2020 application form:
- First of all, students will have to visit the online portal. Click here to access the ZIO 2020 online portal.
- Then Click on guidelines and read all the instructions carefully.
- Click on register now button and login/Signup using required credentials.
- Now click on the link named as "Apply for ZIO".
- It will lead to an application form. Fill all the details appropriately and submit it.
|General, SC, ST, OBC||Online||Transgender, Male, Female||₹ 472|
ZIO 2020 Preparation Tips
In ZIO 2020, Apart from determination and hard work, studying smart is also needed. These are some tips and tricks by exam experts which will be beneficial in your preparation for ZIO 2020:
- Study smart, not more : Studying smart is more important studying more. Get a notebook and write down the complete syllabus. Sort out the topics into categories like 'Prepared, not Prepared, have to revise etc.". This will give you an overview of the amount of time you need to give to a particular topic and help you study smart.
- Make a Study Plan: Making a study plan makes you more consistent towards your studies and allows you to give a set amount of time for everything you do. This is important as most of our time is spent doing idle things. Making a study plan diminishes that chance of wasting your precious time.
- Learn the syllabus: By heart. Being aware of the complete syllabus and the important topics is the first step in realizing the areas of strongholds and the chinks in the armour of your preparation. Read the syllabus completely and analyse it accordingly.
- Practice from sample papers and mock tests: Sample papers and mock tests are very important as they help you analyse yourself. After completing a topic, make it strong by giving a mock test or solving a sample paper.
- Understand the standard of questions and the Exam Pattern: Understanding the standard of questions enables you to prepare for the topics accordingly. Exam pattern and previous year question papers show us that a total of 4 questions come in the ZIO 2020. These 4 questions are divided into 12 parts (3 parts or sub-questions for one main question).
ZIO 2020 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for ZIO 2020 gives information on how the paper is set so that students can study accordingly. It is important for students to go through the ZIO 2020 exam pattern in order to prepare.
- Students will get 5 marks for each part that they solve correctly.
- If all three parts of a question is solved correctly, then 20 marks will be awarded.
ZIO Exam Pattern 2020
|1)||Question 1 (3 sub-questions)||20|
|2)||Question 2 (3 sub-questions)||20|
|3)||Question 3 (3 sub-questions)||20|
|4)||Question 4 (3 sub-questions)||20|
|Total||4 questions (12 sub-questions)||80|
ZIO 2020 Mock Test
Mock Tests and Sample Question Papers are advised by exam experts for their success in Zonal Informatics Olympiad. Aspirants must practise sample papers and mock tests before appearing for ZIO 2020 to have an extra edge over the competition. Solving question papers also make you aware of the exam pattern, syllabus, standard of questions etc. Some of the most important topics for ZIO 2020 divided into 'Basic' and 'Advanced' categories:
Basic Topics :
- Basic Graph Algorithm
- Dynamic Programming
- Greedy Algorithms
- Computing Shortest Paths
- Directed Acyclic Graphs
- Computing Prefix Sums
- Sliding Window Algorithm
Advanced Topics :
- Advanced Graph Algorithms
- Dynamic Programming on Trees
- Range Queries
- Network Flows
- Games and Strategies
ZIO 2020 Admit Card
- IARCS has released the instructions to download ZIO admit card 2020 on November 6, 2019 to applicants through email/SMS.
- Registered students should check their email/SMS to download their ZIO 2020 admit card.
ZIO 2020 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
- School ID card
- Indian Association of Research in Computing Science (IARCS) has released the ZIO result on November 25, 2019.
- Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO) Result 2020 is declared online on the official website.
- Students can access the city-wise lists of selected students to check their result of Zonal Informatics Olympiad 2020.
- Selected students will move on to Indian National Olympiad in Informatics which will lead to the International Olympiad in Informatics Training Camp.
ZIO 2020 Cutoff
ZIO Qualifying Marks
Cut off Marks
Class 8 or below
20 marks or below
Questions related to ZIO
I have written ZIO and going to write ZCO exam.. if i get selected in one of them, which college i will get. (I am from tamil nadu)
To be clear, the Zonal Informatics Olympiad and Zonal Computing Exams are not entrance exams and will not grant you admission to any college. These examinations are held for the selection of the national team to represent the country in International Olympiad in Informatics. If you get selected for any of those then you will have to give the Indian National Olympiad in Informatics.
while applying ZIO application form.. i committed a mistake..can i edit that
Dear Aswin, there is no correction window for ZIO application form. Please reach out to their helpdesk at: firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com) . They might be able to help you sort out the issues in your application form.
can we edit the form....i commited a mistake while filling the form
Dear Aswin, you haven't mentioned the exam application you are enquiring about. Neverthless, most application forms do have a correction window. Please check if this exam does have a correction window. Or do help us with the exam you are enquiring about and we shall help you with the relevant information. But if it is regarding ZIO 2020, there is no correction window for ZIO application form. Please reach out to their helpdesk at: firstname.lastname@example.org (mailto:email@example.com) .