About ZIO 2019
Indian Association for Research in Computer Science (IARCS) conducts Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO) yearly to assess the ability of students in Computer Science. ZIO 2019 is open for all the students who are enrolled in schools. Qualifying ZIO makes you eligible for Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI – 2019). ZIO is held on November 18, 2018. The question paper of ZIO consists of 4 questions made up of 12 'cases' (or sub-questions). These 4 questions are of 20 marks each. Candidates get 3 hours to solve this 80 marks paper.
|Conducting Body:||Indian Association for Research in Computing Science|
Download all details about ZIO 2019Download Brochure
ZIO 2019 Important Dates
ZIO 2019 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for Zonal Informatics Olympiad states the rules and regulations to be followed by appearing candidates. These are the minimum requirements which candidates should meet to be allowed for ZIO 2019 :
- The candidate must be enrolled in a school and must belong to 12th standard or any standard lower than that.
- All schools and boards across India are accepted at ZIO 2019
- There is no lower age limit for ZIO
ZIO 2019 Preparation Tips
As highly competitive as ZIO 2019 is, there is some serious studying involved. But apart from determination and hard work, studying smart is also needed. These are some of the tips and tricks by exam experts which will be beneficial in your preparation for ZIO 2019 :
- Study smart, not more : Studying smart is more important studying more. Get a notebook and write down the complete syllabus. Sort out the topics into categories like 'Prepared, not Prepared, have to revise etc.". This will give you an overview of the amount of time you need to give to a particular topic and help you study smart.
- Make a Study Plan : Making a study plan makes you more consistent towards your studies and allows you to give a set amount of time for everything you do. This is important as most of our time is spent doing idle things. Making a study plan diminishes that chance of wasting your precious time.
- Learn the syllabus : By heart. Being aware of the complete syllabus and the important topics is the first step in realizing the areas of strongholds and the chinks in the armor of your preparation. Read the syllabus completely and analyse it accordingly.
- Practice from sample papers and mock tests : Sample papers and mock tests are very important as they help you analyse yourself. After completing a topic, make it strong by giving a mock test or solving a sample paper.
- Understand the standard of questions and the Exam Pattern : Understanding the standard of questions enables you to prepare for the topics accordingly. Exam pattern and previous year question papers show us that a total of 4 questions come in the ZIO 2019. These 4 questions are divided in 12 parts (3 parts or sub-questions for one main question).
ZIO 2019 Exam Pattern
Exam pattern for ZIO 2019 gives information on how the paper is set so that students can study accordingly. It is important for students to go through the exam pattern of ZIO 2019 in order to prepare for the exam better. Exam pattern for ZIO 2019 is given below
|1)||Question 1 (3 sub-questions)||20|
|2)||Question 2 (3 sub-questions)||20|
|3)||Question 3 (3 sub-questions)||20|
|4)||Question 4 (3 sub-questions)||20|
|Total||4 questions (12 sub-questions)||80|
ZIO 2019 Mock Test
Mock Tests and Sample Question Papers are advised by exam experts all over for their success in Zonal Informatics Olympiad. Aspirants must practice from sample papers and mock tests before appearing for ZIO 2019 to have an extra edge over the competition. Solving question papers also makes you aware of the exam pattern, syllabus, standard of questions etc. The following are some of the most important topics for ZIO 2019 divided in 'Basic' and 'Advanced' categories :
Basic Topics :
- Basic Graph Alogrithm
- Dynamic Programming
- Greedy Algorithms
- Computing Shortest Paths
- Directed Acyclic Graphs
- Computing Prefix Sums
- Sliding Window Alogrithms
Advanced Topics :
- Advanced Graph Alogrithms
- Dynamic Programming on Trees
- Range Queries
- Network Flows
- Games and Strategies
Indian Association of Research in Computing Science (IARCS) will release the Zonal Informatics Olympiad result in the first week of December, 2018. Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO) Result 2019 will be declared online on the official website. Applicants will get a list of selected students state-wise and they will have to check their result of Zonal Informatics Olympiad 2019 under their respective states. Selected students will move on to Indian National Olympiad in Informatics which will lead to the International Olympiad in Informatics Training Camp.
Questions related to ZIO
News and Articles
ZIO Result 2019 (Zonal Informatics Olympiad)
ZIO Result 2019 - IARCS has released the result of ZIO 2019 in the online mode. Candida...
Download the Careers360 App on your Android phone
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile