KVPY 2021 - Application Form Started
KVPY 2021 Exam - IISc Bangalore has released the KVPY 2021 application form on July 12, 2021. The last date to apply is August 25, 2021. As per the KVPY eligibility 2021, Class 11, 12, and 1st-year students of UG in basic science are eligible for the KVPY exam 2021. IISc Bangalore conducts the KVPY Aptitude test once a year to provide scholarships.
Latest Updates for KVPY
- 06 Sep 2021:
KVPY registration 2021 last date for payment extended to September 9 for registered students.
Stay up-to date with KVPY News
Candidates should go to the KVPY official website, kvpy.iisc.ernet.in to download for KVPY 2021 hall ticket. This year, the Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna exam is held in one stage only. KVPY Scholarship exam 2021 is scheduled to be held on November 7, 2021. This year, no interview will be conducted and selection will be done solely on the basis of aptitude test. Scroll down to know more about the KVPY exam 2021 date, KVPY registration, syllabus, result, etc.
What's new in KVPY 2021
- In 2021, the selection will be made on the basis of the KVPY aptitude test only. No interview will be held this year.
- Students eligible for Class 11 study or 1st year of UG course are also eligible for their respective streams. But they will have to produce their study certificate after provisional selection.
- Last year, the KVPY application fee 2021 has been increased to Rs. 1250 for general and Rs. 625 for SC/ST/PWD candidates.
KVPY 2021 Introduction
KVPY Aptitude Test 2021 is a national level fellowship program for Science students. KVPY Full Form is Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna. KVPY scholarship is provided to encourage eligible students to study in the field of science and make a career in research. The KVPY 2021 exam is segregated into three streams: SA, SX and SB. All stream exams and results are announced simultaneously.
KVPY 2021 Highlights
|Exam Full Name||Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojna|
|Commonly Known as||KVPY|
|Conducting body||Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore|
|Exam Level||National level|
|Exam Mode||Computer-based test (CBT)|
|Exam Type||Scholarship Exam|
|Streams||SA, SX and SB|
|Exam timings||SA - 9:30 am to 12:30 am|
SB/SX - 2 pm to 5 pm
KVPY 2021 Exam Date
Students should know about KVPY 2021 dates to track all forthcoming events. All important dates of the KVPY exam are tabulated below.
KVPY Important Dates
|Registration Start Date||July 12, 2021 at 5 pm|
|KVPY Registration Last Date||August 25, 2021|
|Last Date to Pay Fee||August 25, 2021|
|Admit Card Release Date||October 2021|
|KVPY 2021 Aptitude Test date||November 7, 2021|
|Release of Official Answer Keys||Second week of November 2021|
|KVPY 2021 Result date||December 2021|
|Fellowship begins||First week of August 2022|
KVPY 2021 Eligibility
Only students who fulfil the given KVPY eligibility criteria can apply for KVPY 2021 exam:
|SA||Eligible for or enrolled in 11th class with Science stream|
|SX||12th class with Science stream|
|SB||Eligible for or enrolled in 1st year of a UG program in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S.)|
KVPY application process comprises 4 major steps, as given below:
- KVPY Registration 2021
- Filling KVPY 2021 application form
- Upload photo and signature
- Application fees payment
- KVPY 2021 registration: Go to the official website: kvpy.iisc.ernet.in and click on the registration link. Now register as a fresh candidate by entering basic details and contact details as asked in KVPY application form 2021. The user ID and password will be sent to the candidate's mobile number and email ID.
- Filling KVPY 2021 application form: After registration, students will have to proceed to KVPY login and fill the remaining form by entering all the required details, then submit it.
- Upload photo and signature: On the next screen, students will be asked to upload soft copies of their passport-size photograph and signature. So, upload the same and save it.
- Application fees payment: After document submission, students will have to pay the prescribed fee as given below to submit the form finally. Note down the transaction number or reference number to refer later.
KVPY 2021 Application Fee
KVPY application fee 2021 can be paid online via Credit Card, ATM-Debit Card or Net Banking. The fees vary as per the category of candidates as tabulated below.
KVPY Application Fees 2021
General & OBC
The KVPY exam is held across the country through various exam centres. Students do not have the option to choose exam centres, they can choose up to 4 exam cities while filling in the KVPY 2021 form. On the basis of students preferences and available exam centres, the authority can also assign any alternate exam centre. Refer to the table given below to check the list of exam cities for KVPY 2021 aptitude test.
State-Wise KVPY Test Centres
|Bihar||Patna, Bhagalpur, Muzaffarpur,|
|Jharkhand||Dhanbad, Bokaro, Jamshedpur, Ranchi|
|Orissa||Bhubaneshwar, Rourkela, Sambalpur, Cuttack, Berhampur|
|Assam||Guwahati, Silchar, Dibrugarh, Tezpur|
|West Bengal||Asansol, Burdwan, Kalyani, Durgapur, Hoogly, Kolkata, Siliguri|
|Haryana||Ambala, Faridabad, Karnal, Kurukshetra, Panipat, Gurugram, Hisar, Sonipat|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Jammu|
|Punjab||Jalandhar, Patiala, Ludhiana, Amritsar, Bhatinda, Mohali|
|Rajasthan||Ajmer, Jodhpur, Sikar, Jaipur, Udaipur, Bikaner|
|Uttar Pradesh||Aligarh, Gorakhpur, Jhansi, Moradabad, Meerut, Muzaffarnagar, Prayagraj, Agra, Noida, Varanasi, Greater Noida, Bareilly, Ghaziabad, Kanpur, Lucknow,|
|Uttarakhand||Dehradun, Haldwani, Roorkee|
|Andhra Pradesh||Rajahmundry, Vijayawada, Tirupathi, Visakhapatnam, Kurnool,|
|Karnataka||Haliyal, Belagavi, Bengaluru, Chikkamangaluru, Davanagere, Bidar, Chikkaballapura, Dharwad, Kalaburagi, Mandya, Hassan, Hubballi, Mangaluru, Mysuru, Udupi, Puttur, Shivamogga|
|Telangana||Hyderabad, Karimnagar, Warangal|
|Kerala||Alappuzha, Ernakulam, Idukki, Kannur, Kasaragod, Kollam, Kottayam, Kozhikode, Malappuram, Palakkad, Pathanamthitta, Thiruvananthapuram, Thrissur|
|Tamil Nadu||Tiruchirappalli, Tirunelveli, Vellore, Chennai, Coimbatore, Kanchipuram, Madurai, Nagercoil, Salem|
|Goa||Mapusa, Panaji, Madgoan|
IISc Bangalore does not prescribe any specific KVPY syllabus. This exam is held to test the analytical ability and understanding of candidates rather than their factual knowledge. So students should cover all topics of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology of class 10, 12 and 1st year of B.Sc., B.S., B.Stat., B.Math., Int. M.Sc. or M.S., depending on the stream applied for. KVPY 2021 syllabus comprises the topics from class 11 and 12 NCERT syllabus.
KVPY 2021 Syllabus
|Subjects||Topics for SA Stream||Topics for SB & SX Stream|
|Mathematics||Introduction to Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, Statistics, Quadratic Equations, Statistics and Probability, Polynomials, Surface Areas & Volumes, etc.||Vectors and 3-D Geometry, Relations and Functions, Probability, Real Numbers, Statistics and Probability, Linear Programming, Vector Algebra, etc.|
|Biology||Heredity and Evolution, Reproduction, Plant Physiology|
Diversity of Living Organisms, Life Processes, Cell: Structure and Function, Human Physiology, etc.
|Plant Physiology, Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution, Life Processes, Cell Structure, Biotechnology, Genetics, etc.|
|Chemistry||Chemical Reactions, Bases and Salts, Thermodynamics, Periodic Classification, Carbon Compounds, States of Matter, Metals and Non-Metals, etc.||Carbon compounds, Acids, Bases and Salts, Isolation of Elements, Surface Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Periodic Classification, Solid State, Chemical Kinetics, Thermodynamics, Chemical Bonding, Noble Gases, Chemical Reaction, etc.|
|Physics||Kinematics, Work, Law of Motions, Energy & Power, Thermodynamics, Electromagnetic Induction, Gravitation, Reflection, etc.||Sources of Energy, Thermal Physics, Electricity & Magnetism, Waves & Optics, Physical Measurement, Thermodynamics, Magnetic Effects of Current, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, etc.|
To prepare for the exam, it is important to know the KVPY exam pattern which gives the details like the number of questions asked, marking scheme, total marks, the medium of paper, duration and so on. The KVPY 2019 exam pattern is as follows
KVPY 2021 Exam Pattern for SA Stream
|Particulars||Part 1||Part 2|
(all sections are mandatory)
|Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology||Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
|Marking Scheme||Right Answer- +1|
Wrong Answer- -0.25
|Right Answer- +2|
Wrong Answer- -0.50
|Total questions asked||60||20|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Total Marks||100 marks|
KVPY 2021 Exam Pattern for SX and SB Stream
|Particulars||Part 1||Part 2|
|Subjects||Attempt any three from Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology||Attempt any two from the Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology|
|Marking Scheme||Right Answer- +1|
Wrong Answer- -0.25
|Right Answer- +2|
Wrong Answer- -0.50
|Total questions asked||20 questions from each section||10 questions from each section|
|Language||English and Hindi|
|Total Marks & Questions||100 marks & 80 questions|
Here are some useful tips to prepare for the KVPY 2021 exam. These tips are compiled from the KVPY toppers interview.
- Know the syllabus and exam pattern: Before starting the preparation, students should go through the syllabus and exam pattern to have an overview of the exam. Thus, they will identify important topics.
- Candidates should grasp all the basic concepts first and then proceed further to problem-solving to practise with questions.
- They should solve previous year papers and KVPY sample papers as much as possible. This will make them aware of exam pattern, important topics of the KVPY 2021 exam.
- Also, solve mock tests to have an insight into the real exam.
- Keep revising and improve all the shortcomings to strengthen the concepts.
However, NCERT books are the best books to prepare for the KVPY 2021 exam. But apart from this, students should refer to the reference books for advanced preparation. Thus they will be able to practise with various questions on a topic. Here, we have tabulated the KVPY 2021 books as per the recommendation of the previous year’s toppers and experts.
Recommended KVPY 2021 Books
|Biology||Elementary Biology Volume 1 by KN Bhatiya and MP Tyagi|
|Physics||Concepts of Physics By H. C. Verma (11 and 12)|
|Mathematics||Mathematics For Class XI & XII by R. D. Sharma|
|Chemistry||Physical Chemistry by OP Tandon|
Practising with previous years’ question papers of KVPY helps to be familiar with the important aspects of an exam.
By solving various papers students can boost their confidence, as it helps them to analyze important topics and difficulty levels of the test.
Students can download the previous 10 years KVPY SA, SX and SB question papers and answer keys using the link above.
KVPY 2021 Mock Test
IISc Bangalore provides a free mock test to all students. This mock test can be accessed in online mode. Students can have insight into real exams by solving this KVPY 2021 mock test. Thus they will be able to know about their problem-solving speed and can work on to improvise them. They can analyze their preparation level on the basis of total time to solve the paper, type of questions taking longer to solve, accuracy levels etc.
IISC, Bangalore will release the admit card of KVPY 2021 through the official website. The KVPY 2021 admit card will be released in October 2021. Candidates need to carry a KVPY admit card 2021 along with their ID proof to appear for KVPY 2021. They can download KVPY admit card 2021 by following the given steps without any hassle.
Steps to Download KVPY Hall Ticket 2021
- Visit the home page of KVPY official website.
- Click on the link of KVPY 2021 admit card. Alternatively, students can click the link given above.
- Enter application number and date of birth.
- Click on the “Submit” tab.
- KVPY 2021 admit card will open on the screen.
- Take at least two printouts of the KVPY hall ticket 2021.
- The exam conducting authority releases the official KVPY answer key after 2-3 days of exam for SA, SX and SB
- The KVPY 2021 answer key will be released online for all streams along with the question papers.
- The KVPY answer keys 2021 are made available in pdf format which comprises correct answers to all the questions asked.
- Students can calculate their probable scores by matching their answers with the answers mentioned in the KVPY answer key 2021 SA, SX and SB.
KVPY 2021 Result
- IISc, Bangalore releases KVPY result 2021 for the aptitude test.
- The KVPY result 2021 for the aptitude test will be declared in December 2021 which can be accessed in the form of pdfs for each stream and category.
- There will be no interview this year. The students will be selected for the fellowship on the basis of their performance in the aptitude test KVPY 2021 result only.
Along with the KVPY result 2021, IISC, Bangalore also publishes the cutoff marks for the aptitude test. The KVPY 2021 cut off is released stream-wise and category-wise which are separate for the aptitude test and final selection. The KVPY 2021 cutoff marks are the minimum required marks to get selected for an interview. The final KVPY cut off 2021 are released along with final merit list. Students can refer to the following tables to know about KVPY aptitude test and final cutoff:
KVPY Aptitude Test Cut Off 2020
KVPY Interview 2021
KVPY interview will not be held in the year 2021, however, this is expected to continue from the next year onwards. Students who qualify the aptitude test are eligible for the KVPY interview 2021. They need to download the call letter through the KVPY 2021 login window. They can check KVPY interview tips to know about the tips & tricks to crack the same. They need to carry the following documents while appearing for the KVPY interview -
- Attested copy of class X & XII marks sheet
- Category Certificate (if required)
- Interview Call Letter
- A Self-Appraisal Form
- Study certificate Form
- Teacher Recommendation Form (in a sealed envelope)
- Medical certificate (if applicable)
KVPY Toppers Interview
Check the following table and click on the respective toppers interview link to read their strategies of KVPY exam preparation. It will provide an indication about the exam and good tips to crack the KVPY 2021 exam.
Interviews of KVPY Toppers
KVPY Scholarship 2021
Finally selected students will be provided with KVPY 2021 scholarship as per norms. They will be able to avail scholarships after getting admission in a UG program in basic sciences. Initially, the KVPY scholarship 2021 will be awarded for only one year to be renewed only if candidates pass the first year with 60% or equivalent (50% for SC/ST & PwD candidates).
KVPY Scholarship Amount Details
Course name & Year
Contingency Grant / Annum
Fellowship / Month
During 1st to 3rd years of B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math. / Integrated M.Sc. /M.S.
During M. Sc. / 4th to 5th years of Integrated M.Sc. /M.S./M.Math./M.Stat.
KVPY 2021 Contact Details
Address: The Convener
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
Indian Institute of ScienceBangalore - 560 012
Official Website: kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
For queries related to the application: email@example.com
For queries related to fellowship: firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - KVPY 2021 - Application Form Started
Question: What is KVPY SA?
SA is a KVPY exam stream. Students studying in 11th class come under this stream.
Question: Are KVPY SX & SB the same?
No, both are different streams of the KVPY 2021 exam. But the syllabus and exam pattern is the same for both.
Question: Can I appear for KVPY 2021 in Hindi?
Yes, you can appear for the KVPY exam in Hindi by choosing Hindi as the exam medium.
Question: Can I carry a calculator to the KVPY 2021 exam hall?
No, students can not carry calculators to the exam hall. But they can use a virtual calculator which will be available on their computer screen.
Question: Is KVPY an offline exam?
No, KVPY is a computer based online test.
Question: Can I correct my name in my application form?
No, KVPY authority does not allow any modifications after final submission.
Question: Will the KVPY 2021 exam be difficult?
The difficulty level of KVPY exam 2021 is kept moderate.
Question: Will I get the fellowship if I join any other course like engineering?
No. the KVPY scholarship cannot be availed in engineering courses.
Question: What kind of questions will be asked in the KVPY interview?
The questions in the interview are asked from the topics in science and students may be asked to explain some concepts, elaborate on topics that they like and so on.
Question: Can I avail the KVPY Fellowship along with any other scholarship?
No, you will have to surrender your previous scholarship to avail KVPY scholarship.
How to fill KVPY 2021 Application Form - Check the steps for t...
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2021 - Students can check here eligi...
KVPY Login 2021 - Check the step by step login process for KVP...
Questions related to KVPY
what are the best books for kvpy sx 2021
Here is a list of best books for KVPY for SX stream:
1. A Das Gupta by RD Sharma
2. Mathematics of class 12th by RD Sharma
3. Problems in IIT maths
4. NCERT class 10th book
5. NCERT class 11th book
6. NCERT class 12th Book
1. Fundamentals of Physics written by David halliday, Robert resnick, jearl Walker
2. Concept of Physics written by DC Pandey
3. Principles of Physics written by resnick and halliday
4. Tata mcgraw hill's book written by HC Verma
5. NCERT class 10th science book physics portion
6. NCERT class 11th physics book
7. NCERT class 12th Physics book
1. NCERT physical and organic Chemistry by op Tandon
2. Modern ABC of chemistry for class 11th with CD written by modern publishers
3. NCERT chemistry for class 11 and 12 written and published by Arihant Publications
4. NCERT class 10 science book chemistry portion
5. NCERT class 11 Chemistry book
6. NCERT class 12th chemistry book
1. Biological sciences by Taylor green and stout published by Cambridge publications
2. Elementary Biology volume 1 by K N Bhatia, MP Tyagi, and trueman
3. NCERT class 10th science chemistry portion
4. NCERT class 11 Chemistry book
5. NCERT class 12th chemistry book
For more relevant information, you may visit here:
Hope this helps, all the best.
is giving kvpy for bsc admissions necessary? can i give it next year once my 12th is over?
Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana(KVYP) is an National Program of Basic Fellowship in Basic Sciences funded by Department of Science and Technology to attract exceptionally highly motivated students for pursuing basic science courses and research career in science.
If you want to study Bsc with fellowship then you need to clear the exam which is a two way process.Selection of the students is made from those studying in XI standard to 1st year of any undergraduate Program in Basic Sciences namely B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./M.S. in Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Biology having aptitude for scientific research.
The advertisement for the KVPY Fellowship appears in all the national dailies normally on the Technology Day (May 11) and the Second Sunday of July every year.
If you want to give the exam after 12 then it would cost you a complete year. I would suggest you to take this exam this year.
Hope it helps.
hello sir how can i edit my kvpy form there are mistake
I am sorry to answer you that you can't make any changes now as once the form of Kishore vaigyanik protsahan Yojana filled, there can't be any changes make according to the rules and regulations of KVPY. Students have to to fill all the required details carefully without making any mistake.
For more details click on below link:
How to change KVPY exam test city ?
KVPY exam centres are assigned based on students preferences on the application form and availability of seats in the centre. The KVPY exam centres are given out on a first come, first serve basis. So, it does not really allow applicants to seek for a change of KVPY test centres. So, requests to modify the exam centre after the authorities have assigned it to the applicant will not be considered under any circumstance. However, if a student has any questions regarding the KVPY exam centre, the applicant can contact the helpdesk of KVPY.
is kvpy is applicable for 11 the standard
Yes the candidates are advised to appear for kvpy twice in there class 11 and 12 , to increase there chances of passing. They can also appear thrice if they persue a science course after 12th. Thnks for the question with regards careers360.