PSEB 10th Syllabus 2020-21 - Check Punjab Board Class 10 Subject wise Syllabus Here
PSEB 10th syllabus 2020-21 - PSEB or Punjab Board has released PSEB syllabus for class 10 2020-21 for students. The syllabus of PSEB 10th class 2020-21 is available on the official website- pseb.ac.in. Students can download PSEB 10th class syllabus 2021 in a pdf format. PSEB 10th 2020-21 syllabus contains different topics that need to be studied for class 10 board exams. The board also provided exam pattern along with Punjab Board 10th syllabus 2020. For better exam preparation, students must prepare all topics of PSEB 10th syllabus 2020-21. They can check and download subject-wise Punjab board 10th syllabus 2021 in this article. PSEB 10th 2021 exams will be held in March 2021. It is advised that students must complete cover entire PSEB 10th Syllabus 2021 at least 2 months before the exams. In such a way, they will have ample time for preparation. Also solve, PSEB 10th model papers 2020-21 to understand the complete Punjab 10th class syllabus. Students can check the entire article to get detailed information on PSEB class 10 syllabus 2020, exam pattern, important topics etc.
Latest: Check PSEB 10th date sheet 2021 and devise a strategy to cover entire syllabus at least 2 months before the exams. Download PSEB syllabus 2021 now.
PSEB 10th Syllabus 2020-21 - Highlights
- A student will have to appear for the exam of eight subjects which comprises six subjects from group A and two from group B.
- As per PSEB class 10 syllabus, it is mandatory for all students to pass all the subjects of group A.
- In Group B, students need to appear for two subjects from which they can choose one subject as per their own choice.
- Punjabi (A and B) Or Punjab History and Culture (Part-A and B)
- Hindi/ Urdu (in lieu of Hindi)
- Social Science
- Computer Science
- Students can choose one subject from elective, pre-vocational or NSQF subjects from the list:
Important Note:- Evaluation of Computer Science is done at the Board level, whereas Evaluation of Elective, PreVocational and NSQF subjects is done at the school level.
Also, check PSEB result 2020.
How to download PSEB 10th Syllabus 2020-21?
Students can easily download class 10 PSEB syllabus from the official website by following the given steps:
- First of all, visit the official website: pseb.ac.in.
- Click on the link of Syllabus, given under the section of important links.
- It will open a page of PSEB latest syllabus.
- Click on the link of PSEB class 10 syllabus.
- A pdf file will start to download which comprises 10th class syllabus.
- Now, students can open and printout it.
PSEB 10th Syllabus 2020-21 Download Links
|Syllabus name||Download link|
|PSEB Class 10 Agriculture syllabus 2021||Click here|
|PSEB Class 10 Computer Science syllabus 2021||Click here|
|PSEB Class 10 Drawing syllabus 2021||Click here|
|PSEB Class 10 English syllabus 2021||Click here|
|PSEB Class 10 Health and Physical Education syllabus 2021||Click here|
|PSEB Class 10 Hindi syllabus 2021||Click here|
|PSEB Class 10 Home Science syllabus 2021||Click here|
|PSEB Class 10 Maths syllabus 2021||Click here|
|PSEB Class 10 Music syllabus 2021||Click here|
|PSEB Class 10 Punjab History and Culture syllabus 2021||Click here|
|PSEB Class 10 Punjabi syllabus 2021||Click here|
|PSEB Class 10 Sanskrit syllabus 2021||Click here|
|PSEB Class 10 Science syllabus 2021||Click here|
|PSEB Class 10 Social Science syllabus 2021||Click here|
PSEB 10th Syllabus 2020-21 for English
- Mainly, PSEB class 10 English syllabus comprises Literature, Reading section, Vocabulary, Writing section and grammar syllabus.
- The syllabus provides details information about what to study, which book to be chosen. It also specifies which type of questions will be asked in the exam.
- Overview of the PSEB 10th English exam pattern is provided in the following image:
PSEB Class 10 English Prescribed Books
- English Main Course Book for Class-X, published by PSEB.
- English Literature Book (Supplementary Reader) for Class-X, published by PSEB.
- A Practice Book of English Grammar & Composition for Class X, Published by PSEB.
PSEB 10th Syllabus 2020-21 for Hindi
- Hindi is one of the compulsory subjects for PSEB class 10 students.
- The exam for this subject is held for 100 marks which is further divided into 80 marks for theory and 20 marks for internal evaluation.
- Refer the following image to get an overview of PSEB class 10 Hindi syllabus:
PSEB 10th Syllabus 2020-21 for Mathematics
Here’s the list of chapters that are included in PSEB 10th Maths Syllabus
- Real numbers
- Pair of linear equations in two variables
- Quadratic equations
- Arithmetic progressions
- Triangles and circles
- Coordinate geometry
- Introduction to trigonometry
- Some applications of trigonometry
- Areas related to a circle
- Surface areas and volumes
Overview of PSEB 10th syllabus 2020 for Maths is given below:
PSEB 10th Syllabus 2020-21 for Science
Here’s the list of chapters that need to be studied for class 10 Science exam:
Chemical reactions and equations
Acids, bases and salts
Metals and non-metals
Carbon and its compounds
Periodic classification of elements
Control and coordination
How do organisms reproduce?
Heredity and evolution
Light reflection and refraction
The human eye and colourful world
Magnetic effects of electric current
Sources of energy
Sustainable management of natural resources
PSEB 10th Syllabus 2020-21 for Social Science
PSEB prescribed the syllabus of Social science subject which comprises four parts: Geography, Economics, History and Political Science. Students can download Social Science PSEB class 10 syllabus in Punjabi and English using the links given above. PSEB 10th Syllabus of Social Science for all 4 parts is tabulated below:
PSEB Class 10 Social Science Syllabus
PSEB Class 10 Syllabus 2020-21 for Computer Science
PSEB 10th Syllabus 2020-21 for Punjabi Language Subject
- Punjabi the first and mother language of Punjab. It is mandatory for all the students to appear in this subject in paper A & paper B.
- Students who do not know the Punjabi language can opt for Punjab History and Culture. As per PSEB class 10 syllabus 2020, this subject comprises two papers (Paper A & B).
PSEB 10th Exam Pattern 2021
|Subject name||Theory marks||Practical/INA marks||Total marks|
PSEB 10th Board Exam 2020-21 Preparation Tips
- After knowing the PSEB class 10 syllabus 2021 and exam pattern the next step it choosing books. You can refer PSEB prescribed books which are available at nearby book shops at reasonable prices.
- Go through date sheet and prepare a study time table accordingly to cover the entire PSEB 10th syllabus 2021 at least 2 months before the exam. Thus, you will have enough time for revision.
- Understand the concepts instead of cramming the topics and make basics strong.
- Solve previous year question papers and model papers which actually tells you about your preparation level and makes aware of important aspects of the exam.
- Keep all distractions away such as Social media, games, etc. and concentrate on study.
- Do light exercises to keep the mind fresh and do not stress yourself.
Referring to PSEB 10th syllabus 2021 and compiling these tips while preparing for the exams will help you to score well in PSEB class 10 Result 2020.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - PSEB 10th Syllabus 2020-21 - Check Punjab Board Class 10 Subject wise Syllabus Here
Question: How many subjects a student can choose in PSEB 10th?
Each student can choose 8 subjects in PSEB 10th out of which 7 subjects are compulsory and one subject to be chosen by a student as per his/her wish.
Question: What is PSEB 10th syllabus of English subject?
Literature, reading, writing, vocabulary and grammar are the integral parts of PSEB 10th English syllabus 2021.
Question: Can I choose any other subject instead of Computer Science?
No, you can not choose any other subject instead of computer science as it is mandatory for each student.
Know if the PSEB class 10th & 12th 2020 exams will be postpone...
Punjab 10th Compartment Result 2020 will be released in Septem...
Questions related to PSEB 10th
how can I get English question paper in exam
You can have many websites in which model papers are available. Or there might be some books outside with lots of previous year papers. I'm giving you the official link visit it and see the model papers and practice them .You will surely get good marks.
Hope this is useful.