KVPY Scholarships 2020 for School & College Students
KVPY Scholarship 2020 - Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore or IISc provides a good amount of scholarship for science students. This scholarship is called the KVPY fellowship program. Students of class 11, 12 and 1st year of UG in basic science can apply for KVPY scholarship. Students who are selected in the KVPY exam are provided with KVPY scholarship amount up to pre-Ph.D level. They are awarded Rs. 5000 and Rs. 7000 per month during graduation and post-graduation respectively.
Latest: KVPY Application Form 2020 will be out in the last week of July 2020. Check details here.
As per KVPY 2020 scholarship, SA student’s fellowship will start from August 1, 2022. While SB/SX students can avail benefits of KVPY scholarship from August 1, 2021. The fellows of KVPY 2020 will also get other KVPY benefits along with scholarship amount. Read below to know more about KVPY 2020 Scholarship, selection process, eligibility, amount details, etc.
KVPY Scholarship Dates 2020
Students should check the following table to know the dates and events of KVPY scholarship for science students. It will help them to track upcoming events:
KVPY Fellowship Dates
KVPY application start date
Last week of July 2020
Last date to apply for KVPY scholarship
August 31, 2020
November 1, 2020
Aptitude test result date
December 10, 2020
3rd week of January to the third week of February 2021
Final result date
KVPY scholarship starting date for SB/SX students
August 1, 2021
Last date to Intimate for admission to Undergraduate Course
September 5, 2021
KVPY fellowship start date for SA students
August 1, 2022
Eligibility for KVPY Scholarship 2020
The eligibility conditions to apply for KVPY exam and availing KVPY fellowship are different for SA/SB and SX students which all are defined below:
Marks required in the previous class
Enrolled in 11th standard
Aggregate 75% marks for general and 65% for SC/ST/PWD in Maths and science subjects in class 10th exams.
Enrolled in 12th standard
Aggregate 75% for general and 65% for SC/ST/PWD in Maths and science subjects in class 10th exams.
Enrolled in the 1st year of an undergraduate program in Basic Sciences
Aggregate 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) in Maths and science subjects in class 12th exams.
Eligibility Conditions to Avail KVPY 2020 Scholarship
Only students who are selected in the final KVPY result 2020 can avail the benefits of KVPY scholarship.
The student must have enrolled in an undergraduate course in basic sciences.
He/she must have secured at least 60% marks for general and 50% marks for SC/ST/PWD in aggregate in class 12 science subject exams.
- The application form of KVPY scholarship 2020 will be released in the second week of July 2020.
- Students will have to fill the form online through official website.
- The registration is the first step to apply for KVPY 2020 scholarship followed by filling of application form, documents submission and pay the fees.
- Students who fill the form successfully will be able to download KVPY admit card 2020.
KVPY Scholarship 2020 Selection Process
- Aptitude Test: This is the first stage of KVPY scholarship selection process. students will have to appear for KVPY aptitude test on November 1, 2020.
- Interview Test: After the result of aptitude test, shortlisted students will have to appear for interview test. The final result of KVPY will be declared in the month of April 2020 and selected students will be provided with the KVPY 2020 scholarship.
- The scholarship is started from the August 1 of next year i.e. 2021 for SB and SX students. In the case of SA students, the KVPY fellowship 2020 will be effective from August 1, 2022.
- The KVPY benefits can be available by students only if they will enrol in an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences.
KVPY 2020 Scholarship Amount Details
Students selected for KVPY fellowship will have to send an email to KVPY officials on email@example.com to intimate about their admission to UG course. They will have to send Email by September 5, 2021(tentatively). Then KVPY officials will send required forms to students to fill up and submit to KVPY office to get their KVPY 2020 scholarship activated. The students will be provided with monthly and annual scholarship amount as given below:
KVPY Scholarship Amount
Contingency Grant / Annum
Fellowship / Month
SA/SX/SB- during B.Sc./B.S./Integrated M.Sc. /M.S./B.Stat./B.Math.
SA/SX/SB – during M. Sc./Integrated M.Sc. /M.S./M.Math./M.Stat.
Benefits of KVPY 2020 Scholarship
- Selected students are provided with KVPY scholarship money during the graduation and post-graduation as per rates tabulated above.
- They can also apply for admission to IISc and IISER through their KVPY ranks.
- During the counselling of IITs admission, KVPY fellows are given preferences over others.
- During the mentoring period of one year, SA students will be invited for National Science (Vijyoshi) Camp and their travel and other related expenses will be funded by KVPY.
- From the second year of UG course, KVPY fellow will be invited to participate in the summer programme/Project in an approved research lab.
- Each student who is selected for KVPY 2020 scholarship, will be issued an ID card using which he/she can access the library, laboratory facilities, etc. at National Laboratories/ Universities.
Contact Details for KVPY scholarship 2020
(080) 22932975 / 76, 23601008, 22933536
(080) 2360 1215
Read More -
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - KVPY Scholarships 2020 for School & College Students
Question: How much money is provided as KVPY scholarship?
Rs. 5000 per month and Rs. 20000 per annum is provided during graduation. While for post-graduation, Rs. 7000 per month and Rs. 28000 per year is provided as scholarship amount.
Question: What to do after selecting for KVPY scholarship 2020?
Students will have to intimate KVPY officials about their admission to UG course before the last date and submit the required forms which are sent to students after selection.
Question: Which is the best scholarship for science students?
KVPY scholarship provides good amount of money and career opportunities so it is the best scholarship for science students.
Question: How many students are selected for KVPY scholarship?
Around 2800 students of SA, SX and SB streams are selected for KVPY fellowship.
KVPY Admit Card 2020 - IISc Bangalore will release the KVPY ha...
How to prepare for KVPY 2020 - Students appearing for the KVPY...
How to fill KVPY 2020 Application Form - Check the steps for t...
Questions related to KVPY
how can I get good practice of plane geometry for KVPY SA currently, even if I try to solve questions of plane geometry questions of previous papers of KVPY , Im not able to solve it please help
First clear your basic concepts of plane geometry and solve some basic questions from ncert, then try to solve the advanced level questions without looking at the solution. Once you are done with the practice of same, then solve the previous years problems.
For more information you can go through this link
If i clear SA stream of kvpy exam will I be able to get admission in IISC college Bangalore or will I have to answer SB stream exam again?
No you don't have to answer SB again, you can get admission into IISC with these scores.
But it is better if you depend on the scores of JEE, NEET or any other exams for the IISC preparation as the KVPY cutoffs tend to be really high.
IISC follows a very tough selection procedure so be prepared.
All the Best!!!
Will KVPY 2020 be postponed or it will be in November ?
KVPY will be held on November, 2020.
KVPY 2020 is scheduled for November 3 in two shifts, for Stream SA 9:00AM to 12:30PM and for stream SB/SX 2PM to 5PM.
All The Best.
What is KVPY ? Can I apply for it if I am a NEET aspirent and a class 12th PCB student ?
The Kishore Vaigyanik Prosthan Yojana is an on going National Program of fellowship. This examination is scholarship examination and all about motivate students about to study with Basic science and for further search on it.
Yes, a neet aspirant or 12th PCB student can able to apply for KVPY. After that, the student can able to do the integrated courses then. To be a KVPY scholar is highly appreciative and a very good mark in your career also.
Hope for the best.
what is kvpy ? I am class 12th PCB student and a neet aspirent.
kvpy means (Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Exam KVPY Exam)
it is ongoing program for basic science aspirant initiated by department of science and technology ,govt of india to attract students how are higly aspirant in basic science,
still more information you can view this portal : http://www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/main/about.htm
it has programmed with various intresting programs and even summer program ,it provides you a funded scholarships also.
the applications are still not currently open you can use the above link to view the portal to apply ,
and also as NEET aspirant ,please concentrate on that field also,
i hope you found your answer.
all the best