KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2020 (Revised) for SA, SB, SX- Check Age Limit, Minimum Marks Here
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2020- IISc, Bangalore has revised the eligibility criteria of KVPY 2020 for SA and SB streams. There are no changes in KVPY SX eligibility criteria. Only students who satisfy the KVPY 2020 eligibility criteria for SA, SX & SB are eligible to apply for the respective stream. KVPY exam eligibility 2020 includes the minimum marks, nationality and age limit. According to KVPY eligibility criteria 2020, students studying in class 11th, 12th and 1st year of UG courses in basic science are eligible for SA, SX and SB streams, respectively. Only Indian nationals are eligible to apply for KVPY 2020. Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana is a national level scholarship exam for meritorious students who want to pursue higher education in basic science. KVPY 2020 will be held on January 31, 2021. Read the article to get details on KVPY eligibility criteria 2020 for SA, SX and SB streams.
Latest- KVPY Application form 2020 is available. Apply now!|
Click here to download revised advertisement of eligibility criteria.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2020- Minimum Marks
Only students who are studying in a regular or full-time course are eligible to apply for KVPY 2020. Check the given section to know the minimum marks required for each stream before filling the application form.
KVPY 2020 Minimum Marks (Stream-wise)
|Stream||Minimum qualification||Marks required|
|KVPY SA Stream||Eligible to enrol in Class 11 during 2020-21||Aggregate 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) in Maths and Science subjects in 10th Board Exams 2020|
|KVPY SX Stream||Enrolled in Class 12 in 2020-21||Aggregate 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) in Maths and science subjects in class 10th exams.|
|KVPY SB Stream||Eligible to enrol in the 1st year of an undergraduate program in Basic Sciences during 2020-21||Aggregate 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) in Maths and science subjects in class 12th exams.|
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2020- Age Limit
IISc has not specified any minimum age limit to apply for KVPY SA, SB & SX. But we student must be studying in Class 11, 12 or 1st year of UG to be eligible for KVPY exam.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2020 for SA Stream
- Students who are eligible for Class 11 admission with Science subjects during the year 2020-21 are eligible for KVPY SA stream.
- According to KVPY 2020 eligibility criteria, he/she must have secured a minimum of 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in maths and science subjects in class 10 exams.
KVPY SA Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- The fellowship is awarded to selected students only if they join an undergraduate course in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S.) in the academic year 2022-23 and they must have secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in Science subjects in the class 12 exams
- During the interim period, students will be invited for the National Science (Vijyoshi) Camp and their travel and local hospitality expenses will be sponsored by KVPY.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2020 for SX stream
- Students enrolled in 12th standard with science subjects during the year 2020-21 are eligible for KVPY SX stream.
- He/She studying in 2nd year of Cambridge International Examination Board are also eligible for the SX stream.
- Besides, they must have secured a minimum aggregate of 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in maths and science subjects in the 10th standard to fulfil KVPY eligibility for SX.
KVPY SX Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- Selected students must score a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in maths and science subjects in 12th class exams.
- He/ She must join undergraduate program in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S.) in the session 2021-22 to get the fellowship.
KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2020 for SB stream
- Students who are eligible for admission in 1st year of an undergraduate program in Basic Sciences (B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S.) during the academic year 2020-21 can apply for KVPY 2020.
- They must be secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in total in maths and science subjects in 12th class exams.
KVPY SB Fellowship Eligibility Criteria
- To obtain fellowship, selected students must secure 60% (50% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in the 1st year final exam of their undergraduate program.
- Selected candidates who qualify the aptitude test with minimum KVPY cut off will receive the fellowship. However, those students first enroll in an undergraduate course in basic sciences which includes B.Sc./B.S./B.Stat./B.Math./Int. M.Sc./Int. M.S.
- According to KVPY eligibility criteria 2020, students can apply for any of the given trades: Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Cell Biology, Ecology, Molecular Biology, Botany, Zoology, Physiology, Biotechnology, Neurosciences, Bioinformatics, Marine Biology, Geology, Human Biology, Genetics, Biomedical Sciences, Applied Physics, Geophysics, Materials Science or Environmental Science.
KVPY Scholarship Amount
|Basic Sciences||Contingency Grant / Annum||Fellowship / Month|
|SA/SX/SB- during B.Sc./B.S./Integrated M.Sc. /M.S./B.Stat./B.Math.||Rs. 20,000||Rs. 5,000|
|SA/SX/SB – during M. Sc./Integrated M.Sc. /M.S./M.Math./M.Stat.||Rs. 28,000||Rs. 7,000|
KVPY 2020 Registration
Students who will satisfy the above mentioned KVPY eligibility criteria 2020 can apply for the exam. The application forms are available on the official website- kvpy.iisc.ernet.in. IISc Banglore will reject the application form of an ineligible student. Hence, carefully read the terms before filling the forms.
Steps to Apply for KVPY
Step 1- Online Registration
Step 2- Filling of Application form
Step 3- Uploading Documents & Application fee payment
Step 4- Downloading the confirmation page
KVPY syllabus consists of four sections to test candidates thinking ability. The syllabus covers the topics of physics, chemistry, mathematics and biology from the NCERT syllabus 2020 for class 11 & 12.
- The question paper will be available in English and Hindi languages.
- KVPY 2020 is a Computer Based Test.
- The exam duration for SA/SB/SX streams is 3 hours.
KVPY Paper Pattern Highlights
Type of questions
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology
Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology
Marks per question
Part I: +1
Part II: +2
Part I: +1
Part II: +2
Part I: -0.25
Part II: -0.5
Part I: -0.25
Part II: -0.5
For KVPY preparation students should follow the given tips-
- Solve KVPY question papers to know the pattern and important topics. These question papers also help in analysing the preparedness of a student.
- Make important notes while preparing for the exam. These notes will also help in revising the syllabus.
- Create a study schedule and strictly follow the same to complete the entire syllabus well before the exam.
- Revise the covered topics on a regular interval to retain the facts.
- Also, practice the KVPY mock test 2020 in stipulated time to know how online test works
Read More -
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - KVPY Eligibility Criteria 2020 (Revised) for SA, SB, SX- Check Age Limit, Minimum Marks Here
Question: How to know for which KVPY stream I am eligible for?
KVPY 2020 Eligibility for each stream is given below-
- SA - Students enrolled in class 11
- SX - Class 12 students
- SB - 1st-year students of an undergraduate program in basic science
Question: What are the minimum marks required to apply for KVPY 2020?
Students should have an aggregate 75% (65% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in Maths and science subjects in class 10th exams for SA/SX streams and for SB stream, the minimum marks are 60% for General, 50% for SC/ST/PWD in Maths and science subjects in 12th class board exams.
Question: Can class 11th students are eligible for KVPY?
Students of class 11 are eligible for KVPY 2020 SA stream.
Question: I am in Class 12th. Am I eligible for SX stream?
Yes, students enrolled in class 12 are eligible for KVPY 2020 SX stream. He/she should have 75%(65% for SC/ST/PWD) marks in aggregate in maths and science subjects in class 10 board exams.
Question: Can 12th pass students are eligible for KVPY 2020?
Yes, after class 12, if a candidate is enrolled in 1st year of an undergraduate program in basic science then he/she can apply for KVPY if he/she has the required marks. He/she will appear under SB stream of KVPY.
Question: I am pursuing B.Sc from IGNOU. Am I eliigible for KVPY 2020?
Students who are pursuing distance/correspondence courses are not eligible for KVPY 2020.
Question: Are droppers eligible for KVPY 2020?
No, students who have a gap in their education are not eligible for KVPY 2020.
KVPY 2021 Exam - IISc Bangalore has released KVPY 2021 registr...
KVPY Exam Date 2020 - Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has r...
How to fill KVPY 2020 Application Form - Check the steps for t...
KVPY Application Form 2020- IISC has extended the KVPY registr...
KVPY Cut off 2020-21- The IISc will release KVPY cut off 2020 ...
Questions related to KVPY
How many questions I can solve in kvpy SB stream in physics with neet or jee main level preparation?
If you have a well preparation of NEET or JEE Mains level then you will definitely do well. The key facts for physics is to have a imaginative mind , logical thinking and application of concepts. JEE and NEET both offers more or less logically intricate problems so with that you can solve problems in kvpy quite a lot.
I would also recommend you to have good info about theories so that you can attempt more conceptual problems if any come into the exam. Also practice a lot so that you can coup up the speed as a result your accuracy and speed both will increase.
I hope my answer helps you. All the very best for your future endeavors!
I am doing b.sc while repeating my class 12. Will it affect my kvpy scholarship ?
It is not possible technically to do a Bachelors in Science from a recognised university when you have not passed your 12th standard yet. To be eligible for admission in any course in any colleg in India recognised by UGC you have to score atleas 40% marks in your boards.
Even so, to meet the eligibility criteria of kvpy you need to have svored a minimum of 60% in science subjects in your 12th standard. For more details on eligibilty for KVPY you can click on http://kvpy.iisc.ernet.in/main/eligibility.htm
Is there mock tests for kvpy Sb stream?
Yes there are mock test for KVPY SB Stream. Students preparing for KVPY fellowship must take the online KVPY mock test SB/SX 2020 series. IISc Bangalore will release the KVPY 2020 mock test for the students to make them acquaint with the computer-based test. The KVPY mock test 2020 will be available in both English and Hindi medium for SA, SB and SX streams respectively. The KVPY exam will be conducted on January 31, 2021.
What is the meaning of additional cutoff percentage which is is written in iiser website through kvpy channel?
It states that students who are coming to get admission through KVPY channel should also have got the board through which students have given board exam and category-wise IISER cutoff. Because many students give KVPY exam while they are studying in 11th nd 12th and they qualify and after that if the don't get the required marks in board exam as given by the IISER officials so they cannot get admission if they don't meet the cutoff according to officials
is there any affordable online course for kvpy SB stream?
there are various websites that offer KVPY online classes. but it is costly. i agree. but there is no quality where there is no price. so if i have to suggest a low cost classes, i can suggest you, but it will be mostly waste of money.
so rather get help of free youtube videos and get yourself some books. these will be more than enough and better than any cheap online class