Arts stream is the stream full of opportunities. Although there is a perception that Arts stream is for weak students, which is not true. On the contrary, Arts provide a lot of career opportunities after graduation. B.A. (Bachelor of Arts) is the most popular course among top courses after 12th Arts. But there are many other courses available which have better career options for CBSE 12th Arts stream students. Choosing the best course after class 12th Arts stream is the main decision of one’s career and Careers360 will help students to know more about various courses after 12th Arts.
Arts and Humanities are considered the same, but Arts has two subdomains- Humanities and Fine Arts.
Humanities- Humanities deal with understanding “Human Condition”. It is described as the study of how people describe their experience. This includes language, psychology (human behavior), history (past experience), Economic and political systems in society.
Fine Arts - Fine Arts is an art form that is practiced simply for its aesthetic appeal. It includes Visual Arts, Performing Arts and Literary Arts. Fine Arts helps in the development of the thought process and creative skills.
Know your values, interests, soft skills, and aptitudes, in combination with the personality type and others completely inappropriate.
Explore the occupations on the list, find job descriptions and educational, training and licensing requirements in published sources.
Arrange to meet with people who work in the occupations in which you are interested. They can provide firsthand knowledge about the careers on your short list.
Finally, after doing all your research, you are probably ready to make your choice.
Candidates can opt an undergraduate course or diploma course after CBSE class 12th arts as per their interest. Refer to the table below for the list of courses after 12th Arts consisting of eligibility, average fee, and some high-paying career opportunities:
Course name &
High Paying Career Options
Bachelor of Arts (BA) -
10+2 from a recognized educational board
INR 10K to 25K
Assistant Dietician, Health Educator/ Counselor,
INR 1.5 to 6 LPA
Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) -
10+2 from a recognized board with minimum marks as per the university
INR 1.5 to 6 Lacs
System Analyst, Software developer,
INR 2 to 20 LPA
Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) - 5 years
10+2 from a recognized board with 50% marks (Through NATA entrance test)
INR 1.5 to 5 Lacs
INR 2.5 to 4.5 LPA.
Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Legislative Law (BA-LLB) - 5 years
10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks
INR 1 to 10 Lacs
INR 1.5 to 18 LPA.
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) - 3 years
10+2 from a recognized board with 50% marks + (through entrance test)
INR 1 to 2.5 Lacs
INR 2 to 14 LPA
Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) - 3 years
INR 1 to 5 Lacs
INR 2 to 8 LPA
Bachelor of Business Administration & Bachelor of Legislative Law (BBA + L.L.B) - 5 years
10+2 from a recognized educational board with minimum 45%- 50% marks
INR 4 to 16 Lacs
INR 2 to 18 LPA
Integrated BBA-MBA program - 5 years
10+2 from a recognized board with 50% marks
INR 6 to 20 Lacs
Supply Chain Manager
INR 5 to 25 LPA
Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
INR 3 to 8 Lacs
Front Office Manager,
INR 2 to 5 LPA
Retail Management (Diploma) - 1 year
10+2 from a recognized educational board with aggregate 50% (through entrance exam)
INR 17K to 3 Lacs
Senior Sales Manager,
Retail Account Manager,
Fashion and Designing Courses - 3 to 4 years
INR 1 to 8 Lacs
Bachelor of Journalism & Mass Communication (BJMC) - 3 years
10+2 from a recognized educational board with minimum 50-60% marks + minimum 17 years in age
Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA) - 3 years
10+2 Arts from a recognized educational board with minimum 50-60% marks
INR 75K to 5 Lacs
Advertising Art Director,
INR 2.5 to 8 LPA
Bachelor of Elementary Education (B.El.Ed) - 4 years
10+2 from a recognized board
INR 20K to 1.5 Lacs
Associate Education Developer,
Bachelor of Physical Education (B.P.Ed) - 3 to 4 years after 10+2 and 1 to 2 years after graduates.
10+2 examination qualified or Graduation
INR 10K to 60K
Physical Education Trainer, Fitness Trainer,
INR 2.5 to 5 LPA
Bachelor of Hospitality Management (BHM) - 4 years
INR 3 to 10 Lacs
Hotel and Resort Manager,
INR 3 to 15 LPA
Arts streams offer multiple degree programs and Diploma courses after 12th. Mentioned below are details of the courses after 12th Arts:
1. Bachelor of Arts (BA) - B.A. is the 3-year undergraduate degree program for students after class 12th. It can be pursued as both full- time and part time and is composed of many articulated disciplines and offers various subject combinations. Students can pursue a BA in various subjects like English, Hindi, Psychology, History, Sociology, Philosophy, History, Religious Studies, and more subject areas.
St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
University of Delhi
Hindu College, University of Delhi
Fergusson College, Pune
2. Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA) - BCA is 3 years undergraduate degree for those who wish to delve into the world of Computer languages after 12th Arts. The eligibility for the same is 10+2 from a recognized educational board with minimum aggregate marks as per the institute’s requirement.
Top Institutes that offer admission to BCA course are:
Christ University, Bangalore
Presidency College, Bangalore
National Institute of Management, Mumbai
DAV College, Chandigarh
Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies and Research, Pune
3. Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch) - Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) is a 5 years undergraduate program which student can opt as a career option after 12th. B. Arch candidates are licensed to work in private and government constructions. Students learn designing models of the building, preparing the blueprint and other physical structure of any land and building.
Top Institutes offering B.Arch. :
Centre For Environmental Planning & Technology, Ahmedabad
Chandigarh College Of Architecture, Chandigarh
Jadavpur University, Kolkata
School Of Planning & Architecture, New Delhi
NIMS University, Jaipur
Sir J.J.College of Architecture, Mumbai
4. Bachelor of Arts & Bachelor of Legislative Law (BA-LLB) - BA LLB is a five-year program which requires 10+2 or equivalent exam from a recognized board with a minimum of 50% on aggregate. It is one of the best courses after 12th arts a student can opt. Admission to most of the law schools/universities is through a national level or university level law entrance test (MH CET, CLAT, LAWCET).
Top colleges offering BA LLB courses are:
ILS Law College, Pune
Army Institute of Law, Mohali
National Law School of India University, Bangalore
Sharda University, Noida
KLE Society’s Law College, Bangalore
5. Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) - Bachelor of Business Administration is a 3-year degree program after class 12th in any of three streams i.e. Science, Commerce, Arts. Student can do BBA full-time as well as in correspondence mod in any of the specializations like Human Resource Management, Finance, Sales & Marketing, and Information Technology. Admission to BBA is granted on the basis of an entrance test conducted by the institute/college offering the course. The top entrance exams are NPAT, UGAT, IPMAT, FEAT, AUMAT, BHU UET
The list of Top BBA colleges :
Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), Mumbai
Loyola College, Chennai
Madras Christian College, Chennai
Symbiosis Centre for Management Studies (SCMS), Pune
St. Xavier College, Ranchi
6. Bachelor of Management Studies (BMS) -Bachelor of Management Studies is a 3-year undergraduate course, one needs to have 12th from a recognized board with minimum aggregate marks of 50%. BMS includes the study of management policies used in corporate firms, in-depth knowledge of human resource management, economics, labor relations, and business studies. Management courses for arts students after 12th has been proved as an asset.
Top Institutes that offer admission to BMS course are:
Jai Hind College, Mumbai
Shaheed Sukhdev College of Business, New Delhi
Gargi College, New Delhi
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College, New Delhi
GIBS Business School, Bangalore
7. Bachelor of Business Administration & Bachelor of Legislative Law (BBA + L.L.B) - BBA LLB is 5 years integrated law program wherein candidates are taught subjects related to Business Administration and Law. It is one of the pre-eminent professional courses after 12th arts. Key skills required for BBA+LLB are fluency, ability to work long hours, good judgment of situation/people, hard-working, Interest in research, intellectual, convincing power, clarity of speech, objectivity, persuasiveness, confidence, good presentation skills, ability to assimilate and analyze facts.
Top Institutes offering admission to BBA- LLB courses are:
SLS - Symbiosis Law School, Pune
GNLU - Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar
New Law College, Bharati Vidyapeeth Deemed University, Pune
GGSIPU - Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
K.L.E. Society's Law College, Bangalore
8. Integrated BBA-MBA program - Integrated BBA- MBA is 5 years management program where candidates learn about business administration. The aim of the Integrated program is to prepare a candidate for managerial job profiles from class 12 onwards. In the five-year program, no courses or subjects will be repetitive while students progress to advanced levels of management education after two years. In case of pursuing an MBA after BBA, candidates will have to repeat core subjects.
Top Institutes that offer admission to BBA+MBA integrated course are:
Xavier University, Bhubaneshwar
Nirma University Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
9. Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM) - BHM is the most popular Hotel Management courses and is 3 -4 years undergraduate course which helps students to learn the various fundamentals of hotel management and catering. technology. This course focuses on teaching students the very nuances of hotel management and the deep knowledge too. The course curriculum includes topics like Methods of Cooking, Food Commodities, Food and Beverage Services, Control Methods, Restaurant Planning, Oral Skills, Computer Applications, Hotel Accounting, etc.
Top Institutes offering BHM Course are
Army Institute of Hotel Management and Catering Technology, Bangalore
Oriental School of Hotel Management Lakkidi, Wayanad
Subhas Bose Institute of Hotel Management, Kolkata
Institute of Hotel Management and Catering, Udaipur
Himalayan Institute of Technology, Dehradun
Babu Banarasi Das University, Lucknow
10. Fashion and Designing Courses - Designing is a vast domain for the art students, especially for the students who specialize in visual arts stream. Fashion and Designing courses include courses like Bachelor of Textile Design, Bachelor of Design (Accessory), Bachelor of Fashion Communication, Bachelor of Interior Designing, Bachelor of Product Design, Furniture and Interior Design course, Bachelor of Design (Leather),
Bachelor of Fashion Design and Technology. Most of these courses are 4 years expect Bachelor in Fashion Designing. Fashion Designing course is 3 years undergraduate program in which practical training is provided along with the theoretical knowledge.
Top Institutes offering Fashion and Designing Courses are:
Pearl Academy, New Delhi
National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), New Delhi
National Institute of Design (NID), Ahmedabad
Srishti School of Art Design and Technology, (Bengaluru, Pune, Trivandrum)
IDC, Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
MAEER'S MIT Institute of Design, Pune
Career and job opportunities for Arts stream students is the most important aspect which students want to know while studying. Arts stream provides plenty of career options and job opportunities. The teaching profession in the field or subject of their specialization is the most popular job for Arts students. Arts students become business managers, lawyers, musicians, dancers, artists, actors, businessmen, economist, statistician, architects, fashion designers, writers, historian, and archaeologist.
Arts stream provide a number of opportunities in government jobs in different departments and ministries. The UPSC civil services exam, exam conducted for qualifying IAS, IPS, IFS and other high-level bureaucrats, is the most preferred career option among the Arts stream students. Apart from this Arts students can build a career in the Banking sector. Arts students can appear in Banking recruitment exams, SSC / Staff Selection Commission Exams or State PCS exams to join the bureaucracy.
Your brochure has been successfully mailed to your registered email id .
Regular exam updates, QnA, Predictors, College Applications & E-books now on your Mobile