Stay up-to date with ZIO News
About ZIO 2023
Indian Association for Research in Computer Science (IARCS) conducts Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO) yearly to assess the ability of students in Computer Science. This is a nationwide competition that is organized to identify school students' skills in algorithms and computer programming.
- ZIO 2023 is open for all the students up to Class 12 who are enrolled in schools. There is no age limit to participate in ZIO 2023 exam.
- ZIO exam is the first round, in which students are selected to appear for INOI exam.
Application Form and Admit card
- The applications for ZIO 2023 has been started from October 1, 2022 and the last date to apply for ZIO is November 21, 2022.
- The registration form is made available online on iarcs.org.in.
- Students can download ZIO admit card 2023 by following the instructions which will be sent to them through Email/SMS by IARCS.
Exam and Result
- Zonal Informatics Olympiad 2023 will be held on December 4, 2022.
- The question paper consists of 4 questions containing 12 'cases' (or sub-questions). Each question carries 20 marks.
- The test duration is 3 hours. Students have to solve 80 marks' ZIO 2023 paper in the same.
- The result for ZIO 2023 will be released online.
ZIO 2023 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Zonal Informatics Olympiad|
|Short Exam Name||ZIO|
|Conducting Body||Indian Association for Research in Computing Science|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Application Fee (General)||472 Rs [Online]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
ZIO 2023 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
04 Dec, 2022
Exam | Mode: Offline
Past Dates and Events
01 Oct, 2022 - 21 Nov, 2022
Application | Mode: Online
ZIO 2023 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for Zonal Informatics Olympiad states the rules and regulations to be followed by appearing candidates. These are the minimum requirements which candidates should meet to be allowed for ZIO 2023:
- The candidate must be enrolled in a school in a class between 1 and 12.
- All schools and boards across India are accepted.
- There is no lower age limit for ZIO 2023 exam.
Also, check UCO
ZIO 2023 Application Process
Mode of Application : Offline
Mode of Payment : Other
Application form for ZIO 2023 is released and students can apply online. Students can register individually by submitting an application form in online mode. Follow the given steps to fill the ZIO 2023 application form:
- First of all, students will have to visit the online portal.
- Then, click on guidelines and read all the instructions carefully.
- Click on register now button and login/Signup using required credentials.
- Now click on the link named as "Apply for ZIO".
- It will lead to an application form. Fill all the details appropriately and submit it.
|SC, ST, OBC, General||Online||Male, Transgender, Female||₹ 472|
ZIO 2023 Preparation Tips
In ZIO 2023, Apart from determination and hard work, studying smart is also needed. These are some tips and tricks by exam experts which will be beneficial in your preparation for ZIO 2023:
- Study smart, not more: Studying smart is more important for studying more. Get a notebook and write down the complete syllabus. Sort out the topics into categories like 'Prepared, not Prepared, have to revise etc.". This will give you an overview of the amount of time you need to give to a particular topic and help you study smart.
- Make a Study Plan: Making a study plan makes you more consistent towards your studies and allows you to give a set amount of time for everything you do. This is important as most of our time is spent doing idle things. Making a study plan diminishes that chance of wasting your precious time.
- Learn the syllabus: By heart. Being aware of the complete syllabus and the important topics is the first step in realizing the areas of strongholds and the chinks in the armour of your preparation. Read the syllabus completely and analyse it accordingly.
- Practice from sample papers and mock tests: Sample papers and mock tests are very important as they help you analyse yourself. After completing a topic, make it strong by giving a mock test or solving a sample paper.
- Understand the standard of questions and the Exam Pattern: Understanding the standard of questions enables you to prepare for the topics accordingly. Exam pattern and previous year question papers show us that a total of 4 questions come in the ZIO 2023. These 4 questions are divided into 12 parts (3 parts or sub-questions for one main question).
Also, check NSP 2023
ZIO 2023 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for ZIO 2023 gives information on how the paper is set so that students can study accordingly. It is important for students to go through the ZIO 2023 exam pattern in order to prepare.
- Students will get 5 marks for each part that they solve correctly.
- If all three parts of a question is solved correctly, then 20 marks will be awarded.
ZIO Exam Pattern 2023
|1)||Question 1 (3 sub-questions)||20|
|2)||Question 2 (3 sub-questions)||20|
|3)||Question 3 (3 sub-questions)||20|
|4)||Question 4 (3 sub-questions)||20|
|Total||4 questions (12 sub-questions)||80|
ZIO 2023 Mock Test
Mock Tests and Sample Question Papers are advised by exam experts for their success in Zonal Informatics Olympiad. Aspirants must practise sample papers and mock tests before appearing for ZIO 2023 to have an extra edge over the competition.
Solving question papers also make you aware of the exam pattern, syllabus, standard of questions etc. Some of the most important topics for ZIO 2023 are divided into 'Basic' and 'Advanced' categories:
Basic Topics :
- Basic Graph Algorithm
- Dynamic Programming
- Greedy Algorithms
- Computing Shortest Paths
- Directed Acyclic Graphs
- Computing Prefix Sums
- Sliding Window Algorithm
Advanced Topics :
- Advanced Graph Algorithms
- Dynamic Programming on Trees
- Range Queries
- Network Flows
- Games and Strategies
ZIO 2023 Admit Card
- IARCS releases the instructions to download ZIO admit card 2023.
- These instructions are sent to applicants through email/SMS.
- Registered students should check their email/SMS to download their ZIO 2023 admit card.
ZIO 2023 Exam Centers
Documents Required at Exam
- Admit card
- School ID card
Indian Association of Research in Computing Science (IARCS) will be released the ZIO result in December 2022. Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO) Result 2022 will be declared online on the official website. Students can access the city-wise lists of selected students to check their result of Zonal Informatics Olympiad 2023.
Selected students will move on to Indian National Olympiad in Informatics which will lead to the International Olympiad in Informatics Training Camp.
How to check ZIO Result 2023?
- Go to the official website: www.iarcs.org.in/inoi/
- Click on the ZIO result 2023 link.
- Check the state-wise list to know if the student has been selected for the next stage or not.
- Download the result and keep it safe.
ZIO 2023 Cutoff
ZIO Qualifying Marks
Cut off Marks
Class 8 or below
20 marks or below
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:What is the full form of ZIO exam?
ZIO stands for Zonal Informatics Olympiad.
Question:What is the next stage after ZIO 2022 exam?
After the ZIO 2023 exam, selected students will appear for Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI – 2023).
Question:When will ZIO resgitration 2022 begin?
ZIO 2023 registrations will start from October 1 , 2022, tentatively.
Question:What is ZIO 2023 exam date?
ZIO 2022 exam will be conducted on December 4, 2022.
Question:Where can I appear for ZIO exam 2023?
Students can appear for ZIO 2023 exam at their allotted exam centre. They can check admit card to know address of the exam centre.
Question:Where can I register for ZIO 2023 exam?
Students can apply for ZIO exam 2023 in online mode on www.iarcs.org.in.
Question:What is the syllabus for INOI 2023 exam?
The second round is the Indian National Olympiad in Informatics (INOI) which involves programming in C++ language.
Question:When will ZIO admit card 2023 be released?
ZIO admit card 2023 will be released in December 2022.
Question:How can I download ZIO hall ticket 2023?
Students can download ZIO exam admit card 2023 online by following the instructions sent through Email/SMS.
Question:What is next stage after INOI 2023 exam?
After INOI exam, 30 students will be selected for the IOI Training Camp (IOITC) which is expected to be organized in May 2023.
Question:How many questions will be asked in ZIO 2023 exam?
A total of 4 questions are asked in ZIO 2023 exam for 80 marks in total.
Question:When will ZIO 2023 result be declared?
ZIO result 2022 will be declared in December 2022.
Question:Where can i check ZIO 2023 result?
ZIO result 2023 can be checked online on www.iarcs.org.in in form of state-wise selection lists.
Questions related to ZIO
At what time will the registration for Zonal Informatics Olympiad (ZIO) end on 24 November 2021?
Dear aspirant !
Hope you are doing well! The registration for zonal informatics Olympiad (ZIO) will be ended on 24th November 2021 till evening ,so you have enough time,if there is some more related query then ask us anytime.
Hope it helps you !!
I want to crack zonal informatics olympiad (zio) which is in 5 december 2021 please suggest me any hindi videos or any hindi youtube channel playlist that can surely help me to crack zio please i want to crack this olympiad. it is coming nearer. please guide me.
If you want to crack ZoI then first you have to be thorough about the syllabus and analyze each topic and figure out your strong points and weak points. Secondly,you have to study wisely and not just go on studying whatever someone suggests. You have to do smart study. Then,you have to make a study plan and stick to it. You cannot be fickle and deviate. Fourth and most important step is that you have to practice mock tests and sample papers. It is very essential as it will make you be sure of your preparedness. Then,you have to understand the question pattern and the kind of questions asked in the exam. In the previous year question,4 questions are asked which are divided into 12 parts. These are few steps that you ought to follow, to prepare properly for ZIO. For further assistance please follow the link given below:-
which is the most important topic for zonal Informatics Olympiad.please tell me any 2 or 3 topics which is most important for zonal Informatics Olympiad.please give name of only 2 or 3 topics.Its a request🙏🙏 because less time is left for ZIO thats why please tell me only 2 or 3 topics of zio🙏🙏🙏
Hope you are doing well.
At the ZIO, participants are not expected to know any standard algorithms. It is more of a test of the participant's ability to think and solve problems. Hence generally, problems are of an ad-hoc nature. So doing any particular topics is probably not going to help much. However, if you practice solving programming contest problems, it would be easier for you to think fast and think correct during the ZIO. So I would suggest you to try coming up with algorithmic solutions for Div 2 problems on Topcoder/Codeforces.
However try for these topics:
- <Data Structures>
- Linked List2
- Basic Knowledge for implementing loops and condition statements
- Graph Search Algorithms
- Sorting and Searching Algorithm
- Divide and Conquer
- Greedy Algorithm
- Dynamic Programming
Hope you got the answer to your question. Incase of any queries, feel free to question. Have a great day!
How to register for zonal Informatics Olympiad which was in 5 December 2021. Is the registration for zonal Informatics Olympiad opened?? please reply
ONLINE CUSTOME SERVICE 9749=375=216