Stay up-to date with NMMS News
About NMMS 2021
NMMS 2021-22: Department of School Education and Literacy, Ministry of Education (MoE) offers the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) annually to provide scholarships to students of economically weaker sections. Students studying in class VIII from any recognized board with parental income less than or equal to Rs. 1,50,000 are eligible to fill NMMS application form.
- NMMS exam will held in January 2022 for most of the states. States such as Chhattisgarh, and Chandigarh will be conducting on January 16, 2022.
- NMMS 2022 exam will be conducted for 180 marks which include two papers - Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Ability Test (SAT).
- NMMS 2022 answer keys are released for the MAT and SAT exam soon after the exam.
- State-level exam will release NMMS 2022 result.
Who will be provided with NMMS Scholarship 2022?
- Students studying in “Kendriya Vidalayas and “Jawahar Vavodaya Vidyalayas” will not be eligible for the NMMS scholarship scheme.
- Students who qualify for NMMS 2021-22 will be awarded a scholarship of Rs. 1000 per month from class IX till class XII.
- Students should have attained a minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade in Class VII exams to apply for NMMS Scholarship 2022.
NMMS 2021 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||National Means Cum-Merit Scholarship|
|Short Exam Name||NMMS|
|Conducting Body||Ministry of Human Resource Development|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Mode of Application||Offline|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
NMMS 2021 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
16 Jan, 2022
Exam - Chhattisgarh | Mode: Offline
16 Jan, 2022
Exam - Chandigarh | Mode: Offline
16 Jan, 2022
Exam - Uttarakhand | Mode: Offline
Past Dates and Events
22 Sep, 2021 - 30 Oct, 2021
Application - Chhattisgarh | Mode: Offline
NMMS 2021 Eligibility Criteria
MHRD issues guidelines that are to be followed by students to be eligible for NMMS and avail scholarship further as well. NMMS 2022 eligibility criteria are given below:
- Students must be studying in class VIII and must have a minimum 55% score (50% for reserved categories) in class VII.
- The annual Income of the applicant’s parents must not be more than Rs. 1,50,000.
- In order to continue the scholarship, students must obtain 55% (50% for reserved categories) in class IX and XI and 60% (55% for reserved categories) in the class X exam.
- Students of Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya, Kendriya Vidyalaya and Sainik Schools cannot apply for the scholarship.
- Students studying in residential schools run by state government institutions with facilities like boarding, lodging and education cannot apply as well.
- Students pursuing their studies in private schools cannot apply for NMMS 2022 exam as well.
Mode of Application : Offline
Mode of Payment : Other
NMMS 2022 application form is available for Haryana, Odisha, Goa, Uttarakhand and Chhattisgarh states. Students can access the application form through the official website of state/UTs’ SCERT. The last date to submit the application form varies as per state. Read the key points of the application process of NMMS 2022:
- Students can download the NMMS application form 2022 online but it has to be submitted in offline mode only.
- Students can also get the application form from the school they are enrolled in itself, thus, ask the teachers for information about NMMS 2022 first.
- Depending on the state, candidates will have to submit a fee of Rs. 50/100.
NMMS Application form Link (State-wise)
|Andhra Pradesh||Click here||Meghalaya||-|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||-||Mizoram||-|
|Dadra & Nagar Haveli||-||Sikkim||-|
|Daman & Diu||-||Tamil Nadu||-|
|Himachal Pradesh||Click here||Uttarakhand||Click here|
|Gujarat||Click here||Uttar Pradesh||-|
|Goa||Click here||West Bengal||Apply here|
|Jammu & Kashmir||Know more ||Lakshadweep||-|
|Jharkhand||Apply here||Madhya Pradesh||-|
|Karnataka||Apply here ||Maharashtra||Apply here |
NMMS 2021 Syllabus
Mental ability test
Reasoning and critical thinking
Scholastic aptitude test
Social studies and mathematics
NMMS 2021 Preparation Tips
To be well prepared for the NMMS Exam, it is important to follow strategies and try different methods to see which you feel comfortable with. You will be able to study with focus and concentration only when you are comfortable with your surroundings and study strategy. Here are a few nifty tips and tricks to help you with your preparation of NMMS Exam:
- Analyse the syllabus: NMMS 2022 does not a specific syllabus and the questions come from a few outlined topics and subjects. The difficulty level is the syllabus of class VII and VII. Thus, you need to analyse the syllabus of class VII and VIII along with previous year question papers and syllabus provided by MHRD.
- Go through the exam pattern: Now that you have figured out the syllabus for NMMS 2022, you should go through the syllabus to prioritise which topics you will begin to prepare for first and which topics you will prepare later on. Once you have done that, things will be much easier for you.
- Make a study plan: After dividing the syllabus for NMMS 2022 exam, you need to allot time to it according to its weightage, the time required and overall importance of the topic/subject. If it has less weightage, you can do it at the end of your preparation, before you start revising. This study plan will give discipline to the way you study and help you succeed.
- Practice from sample papers: Following your study plan, after you have finished your entire syllabus, you should start solving sample question papers for NMMS 2022 or the previous year's question papers. Turn on a stopwatch and track how long it takes you to complete an exam. This will help you in self-evaluation, through which, you can work on weak parts of your preparation.
- Take ample rest and eat healthily: Remember a healthy body is a home to a healthy mind. Thus, to succeed in the NMMS 2022, it is important to take care of your physical as well as mental health. Add short breaks in your study plan and follow your hobbies for some part of the day.
NMMS 2021 Exam Pattern
NMMS 2022 exam pattern is important for success in the NMMS exam. Exam pattern guides students about the standard of questions, number of questions, marking scheme, syllabus and much more. This helps students plan their studies according to weightage and time required for any particular topic. NMMS 2022 exam will have two sections, Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Abilities (SAT). For more details on these two particular topics, read below:
- MAT - The Mental Ability Test section will have 90 objective types, multiple-choice questions. Each question is for one mark. These questions will be based on analogy, pattern perception, classification, hidden figures etc. and they will test a student’s reasoning and critical thinking skills.
- SAT - Scholastic Ability Test also consists of 90 objective type, multiple-choice questions of one mark each. These questions will come from subjects and topics taught in class VII and VII Science, Social Science and Mathematics and will test the scholastic aptitude of a student.
To succeed in a competition like the NMMS exam, students need to have an edge over the competition. To do that, they need to solve question papers and get familiar with the types of questions that will come in the NMMS 2022 exam. Students can also practice from previous year question papers to get a better idea about the question paper. Students can visit the link provided on this page to download free sample papers, previous year question papers and ebooks for NMMS 2022 free of cost.
- The admit card of NMMS 2022 will be released in December 2021, tentatively in the offline/ online mode. Students whose applications were accepted before the last date can download the NMMS 2020 admit card from their schools/institutions. Some states release the NMMS admit card 2020 in online mode.
- NMMS admit card 2022 consist of details about the student’s name, centre details, the schedule for the exam, roll number etc.
- It is crucial to carry the admit card of NMMS 2022 to the exam hall as students are not to be allowed to give the exam if they don't have their admit card.
- After the exam ends, students need to submit their NMMS admit card to the invigilator, thus, they are advised to keep a photocopy of the admit card beforehand.
Documents Required at Exam
- NMMS Admit Card
- Govt. Issued Photo ID card or School ID card
- Aadhar card
NMMS 2021 Answer Key
- The SCERTs of some state/UT are releasing the NMMS 2022 answer key for MAT and SAT exams.
- Students can access the answer key through the above-given link and calculate their tentative scores.
NMMS Answer Key 2022 - Important Instructions
- To calculate their result using the NMMS answer key, candidates need to download the answer key and analyse the correct answers.
- They need to mark all the right answers and add them together as each question weighs one mark.
- This will be done for both MAT and SAT sections. After this procedure is complete for both sections, candidates will be able to see their tentative NMMS 2022 result.
NMMS result 2021-22 will be released in February 2022, tentatively. Students can check the NMMS 2022 result in online mode. They need to enter their roll number and school code to search for their result. Some states/UTs announce a final merit list that includes the names of students who qualified NMMS 2022. Steps to check the result are given below:
Step 1: Go to the official website of the state SCERTs
Step 2: Enter your roll number and school code as mentioned in your NMMS 2022 admit card.
Step 3: Click on submit.
Step 4: NMMS result will load on your screen.
Step 5: Download and save the result for future references.
NMMS result will consist of information like the applicant’s name, roll number, qualifying status, section-wise marks obtained against total marks etc.
NMMS 2021 Cutoff
State/UT SCERTs publishes the NMMS cutoff along with the result. NMMS cut off will be released state-wise and will carry the marks against which students will be granted NMMS scholarship. The cutoff of NMMS 2022 will be released online in pdf format and students will be able to check the state-wise NMMS cutoff using the link provided on this page. Steps to download NMMS cut off 2022 are given below:
Step 1: Click on the link provided on this page.
Step 2: A page will load. On the page, find the link titled ‘Check NMMS 2022 Cutoff here’. Click on it.
Step 3: Pdf of NMMS cutoff will load on your browser.
Step 4: Find the download button or a downward arrow and click on that.
Step 5: Save the cutoff for further uses.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:What is NMMS?
NMMS stands for National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship. This is a scholarship exam for class 8 students to provide financial assistance to deserving students for high studies.
Question:Who can apply for NMMS exam?
Students who are studying in 8th class and whose parents income is less than 1.5 lakh can apply for NMMS 2022 exam.
Question:Where can I apply for NMMS 2022?
Students can apply for NMMS 2022 exam through respective schools in online or offline mode as per the provision of their state-level exam conducting authority.
Question:What is the selection process for NMMS scholarship?
First of all, NMMS exam is held by respective States/UTs authority and results are declared in the form of merit lists. The selected students need to register on the National scholarship portal to receive scholarships.
Question:How many stages in NMMS 2022 exam?
NMMS exam is a single level exam which is held at the state-level.
Question:When will the NMMS 2022 cutoff be released?
Several SCERTs releases the NMMS cutoff along with the NMMS result. The qualifying marks for the NMMS exam 2022 is 40% marks (32% for SC/ST).
Question:Is NMMS admit card mandatory at exam centres?
Yes, students should carry the NMMS exam hall ticket at exam centres. No student is allowed to enter the exam premises without the admit card.
Question:Will I have to renew my NMMS Scholarship?
Yes, students need to apply for renewal of NMMS scholarship each year through the National Scholarship portal.
Question:Where can I get the hard copy of the the NMMS application form?
The application forms are also made available at schools. Students can contact their respective school administration sections to get the hard copy.
Question:Can open school students apply for NMMS 2022?
No, only regular students are eligible for NMMS 2022.
Question:What are the qualifying marks for the NMMS 2022 exam?
The qualifying marks of MAT & SAT are 40% in each (32% for SC/ST).
Question:Who can fill the NMMS application form?
Students studying in Class 8 can apply for NMMS exam by filling the application form in online/offline mode as specified by conducting authority of State/UT.
Question:Is there any negative marking in the NMMS scholarship exam?
No, there is no negative marking in the NMMS exam.
Question:How many students are finally selected for NMMS scholarships?
A total of 100,000 are being selected every year for NMMS scholarship.
Question:How to get the details of NMMS exam centres?
The address of the examination centre is mentioned on the NMMS admit card.
Questions related to NMMS
Nmms West Bengal question paper 2019
You can download previous years paper of NMMS West Bengal of year 2017 and 2018 by visiting our page at https://school.careers360.com/articles/nmms-question-papers, this will help you in becoming familiar with thee exam pattern, marking scheme, important topics, through regular practice you can analyze your strength and weakness, and as a result this will improve upon your speed, calculation, and time management skills.
question paper in nnms previes year
I believe your query is for NMMS, it has basically two sections: MAT which tests reasoning ability and critical thinking skills of a candidate, and SAT which is basically to test the scholastic aptitude, both the section consists of 90 MCQs each, you can access the previous year paper of NMMS at https://school.careers360.com/articles/nmms-question-papers, by going this you will become familiar with the pattern of the exam, important topics, marking scheme etc, and through consistent practice you can analyze your level of preparation in terms of strength and weakness, and thereby improve your speed, calculation and time management skills.
I want nmms model papers in english
You can download NMMS model paper by going through the link given below:-
Solving these papers will be very beneficial for you, it will help you to :-
------) know the pattern of the examination.
------) know the kind / types of questions which are there in your examination.
------) it will give you an idea of the difficulty level of the examination .
------) you will get to know the important topics which are covered and asked often in the exam , so that you can accordingly plan for your examination.
------) it will help you to check and gauge your level for preparation for the examination,
------) it will let you know your areas or the topics you are weak at so that you can work on them and can perform even better in your examination.
------) will help you to improve your time management skills so that in your actual examination you can solve questions with better speed and accuracy .
Good luck for your examination preparation.
I hope that you find this helpful.
NMMS Odisha Sample Paper 2018-19
I hope you are doing well.
How to download the NMMS Question Papers?
Students eligible for the NMMS Exam can follow the below-listed steps to download the NMMS question paper.
Click on the link that reads ‘MAT & SAT sample paper’
A new Careers360 page will open on the screen
Click on the download link
Enter login details
NMMS Question paper will start downloading
Save it and take a print of NMMS Question Papers for practicing
Here is the link, just click on the link given below and download the paper.
how to nmms application form download
Hope you are doing well.
Candidates/students can obtain the NMMS Application form through online mode from the official website and two attested hard copy of the application form with essential documents has to be submitted to the respective school.
Application form is not yet released.
Tentative dates for NMMS:
Application Form ::31st October 2020
Last Date to Verify Institute/school ::15th January 2021
Release of Admit Card:: 14th January 2021
Date of Entrance Exam ::21st January 2021
Date of Declaration of Result :: January to March 2021
All the details regarding NMMS:(go to the link below)
Hopefully this will help you.
Best wishes for future endeavours.