Stay up-to date with HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad News
About HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad 2022
Mathematical Olympiad 2021-22- Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Mathematics (IOQM) is organised by the Mathematics Teachers’ Association (India) – MTA with support from the Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT) and Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE). Students studying in class 8th to 12th are eligible for Mathematical Olympiad 2022. Open school students can also apply for Mathematical Olympiad. Students need to register at all the stages separately after qualifying one. HBCSE is responsible for all the selection processes of the Indian Mathematical Olympiad after IOQM.
- Students can enrol for IOQM 2022 from September 25 to November 15, 2021.
- Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Mathematics (IOQM) will be held on January 9, 2022.
- Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO) will be conducted on February 27, 2022.
- Students who qualify INMO appears for International Mathematical Olympiad Training Camp (IMOTC) to be organised by HBCSE.
HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad 2022 Highlights
|Full Exam Name||Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education Mathematical Olympiad|
|Short Exam Name||HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad|
|Conducting Body||Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education|
|Frequency of Conduct||Once a year|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Application Fee (General)||200 Rs [Offline]|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad 2022 Important Dates
Upcoming Dates and Events
09 Jan, 2022
Exam - IOQM | Mode: Offline
27 Feb, 2022
Exam - INMO | Mode: Offline
Past Dates and Events
25 Sep, 2021 - 15 Nov, 2021
Application - IOQM | Mode: Online
HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Students should note that only eligible students will be allowed to apply for Mathematical Olympiad 2022. If the exam conducting authority finds any ineligible students, then he/she will be disqualified without any further information.
- Students should be born on or after August 1, 2002
- Class 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12 students are eligible to sit for IOQM 2022 exam.
- Open school students can also apply for the exam.
Also, check the list of scholarships in India
HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad INMO Eligibility Criteria
The best-performing students from the RMO (around 900) qualify for the third stage – the Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO).
The INMO is tentatively held on the third Sunday of January at 28 centres across the country.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Other
- The application form has been released on September 25, 2021.
- Students can apply directly apply online through the official portal.
- All Kendriya Vidyalaya, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya and Atomic Energy Central Schools may also register as registration centres and may accept to register students from other schools.
- Students need to enter their Name, Date of Birth and school details in the IOQM 2022 application form.
- Along with the application form, also pay the fee through offline or online mode.
IOQM Registration Fees: Rs 200 per subject
|OBC, General, SC, ST||Offline||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 200|
Arithmetic of integers
Quadratic equations and expressions
System of linear equations
Permutations and combination
Factorization of polynomial
Probability theory and number theory
Finite series and complex numbers
Elementary graph theory
HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad 2022 Preparation Tips
Students preparing for Mathematical Olympiad 2022 should follow the below-given smart tip to score good marks-
- Cover all the topics of IOQM syllabus till June, when registration for Mathematical Olympiad will commence.
- Solve at least one previous year's papers of Pre-RMO & RMO daily. It will help students to know the important topics and difficulty level. Solve as many question papers or sample papers as possible.
- Ask experts and teachers in case of any doubt. Aspirants should have strong basics to get good marks.
- Take appropriate breaks and regular sleep.
- Eat healthy.
- IOQM 2022 is a 3-hour examination with 30 questions.
- The answer to each question is either a single-digit number or a two-digit number and will need to be marked on an OMR sheet.
- Mathematical Olympiad will be held in offline or pen and paper mode.
- The question paper will be in English and Hindi.
- IOQM 2022 syllabus is broadly equivalent to senior secondary level (up to and including Class 12th) of CBSE.
HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad RMO Exam Pattern
- The second stage exam, the Regional Mathematical Olympiad (RMO) is a 3-hour examination.
- The RMO question papers consist of six descriptive questions in English, Hindi and other regional languages
- Difficulty level of the examination is higher than Pre-RMO.
- The syllabus of RMO 2020 remains the same as Pre-RMO.
HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad INMO Exam Pattern
- INMO contains descriptive questions on Mathematics.
- The main topics from which questions are provided are algebra, combinatorics, geometry and number theory.
- The difficulty level is higher than RMO.
- HBCSE releases the previous year's IOQM question papers on the official website.
- Students can download and practise the last year's question papers to be aware of exam pattern, types of questions asked in the exam and difficulty level of the exam.
- These help candidates to analyze their preparation level.
- These question papers are available to download for the years from 2012 along with answer key and solutions.
Previous Years' Question Papers
|Question Paper||Download Links|
|PRMO 2019 Question Paper for First Round||Download Here|
|PRMO 2019 Question Paper for Second Round||Download Here|
|PRMO 2018 Question Paper||Download Here|
|PRMO Question Paper 2017||Download Here|
|PRMO Question Paper 2015 (Set A)||Download Here|
|PRMO Question Paper 2015 (Set B)||Download Here|
|PRMO Question Paper 2014||Download Here|
|PRMO Question Paper 2013||Download Here|
|PRMO Question Paper 2012||Download Here|
Mathematics Teachers’ Association (India) will release the admit card of IOQM 2022 in December 2021. Students can either collect the same through the registered centres or can download it from the official website. It is mandatory to carry admit card to the exam hall on exam day. Without it, no candidate will be allowed to enter the exam hall.
Steps to Download IOQM Admit Card 2022 Online
- Visit the official website of MTA
- Click on the student registration link
- Enter registration number and date of birth
- Now, click on the "Submit" tab
Documents Required at Exam
- Hall Ticket
MTA will release the answer key of IOQM a week after the exam in online mode. The answer key will contain the correct answers of all the questions asked in the exam.
Candidates can calculate their probable score using the answer key. However, the official answer key will be available after a week but candidates can access the unofficial answer key on the same day, which is released by various renowned coaching institutes.
The result of IOQM 2022 will be declared online in February 2022 on www.mtai.org.in. Students who attain the minimum cutoff marks are eligible for INMO 2022 exam. To check the result, students need their roll number and date of birth. MTA also releases the merit list along with the IOQM result 2022. Below are the steps to check the IOQM result online
Steps to Check Online IOQM 2022 Result
- Visit the official website, mtaexam.com
- Click the "IOQM result 2022" link
- Enter Roll number and date of birth in specified fields
- The result will appear on the screen.
HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad RMO Result
- RMO Result is announced in online mode.
- Qualified students will be eligible for INMO registration.
- Students will be able to check their scores by entering the Roll Number and Date of Birth.
- Approximately 900 best-performing students are selected for the next round.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question:What are the best books for Mathematical Olympiad?
Challenge and Thrill of Pre-College Mathematics and Problem Primer for the Olympiads are highly suggested books.
Question:How many students will be selected in this exam?
Top 300 students from Classes 8, 9, 10, 11 are selected from each region. While the top 60 students from Class 12 from each region are selected for RMO (Regional Mathematics Olympiad).
Question:Can NIOS students apply for Mathematical Olympiad 2020?
Yes, NIOS students are eligible for Mathematical Olympiad.
Question:What is the IOQM 2021 exam centres?
All KVs and JNV schools will be exam centres.
Question:How many students are selected from RMO?
Approximately 900 top students are selected for INMO.
Question:What are the stages of International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) 2022?
For 2022, there will be three stages in International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO), as given below:
- Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Mathematics (IOQM)
- Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO)
- International Mathematical Olympiad Training Camp (IMOTC)
Question:When will IOQM online enrollment 2022 be started?
The online enrollment for IOQM 2022 was started on September 25, 2021.
Question:Who will conduct first stage of International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) 2022?
The IOQM exam or the first stage of International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) 2022 is organised by the Mathematics Teachers’ Association, India.
Question:What is IOQM 2022 exam date?
IOQM exam 2022 will be conducted on January 9, 2022.
Question:What is the duration of first stage exam of International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO)?
The total duration for first stage exam is 3 hours.
Question:Who will appear for INMO 2022 exam?
Students selected in IOQM 2022 exam appears for the Indian National Mathematical Olympiad (INMO).
Question:How many questions will be asked in IOQM 2022 exam?
There are a total of 30 questions in IOQM exam 2022 which are to be answered with a digit between 0 and 99.
Questions related to HBCSE Mathematical Olympiad
where is the application form and how to apply ?
HBCSE is expected to release the PRMO online registration form by September 25, 2021. Students can complete PRMO online registration 2021 through the official website, mtai.org.in and iaptexam.in. The officials have not yet released the application forms yet. The application forms could be released tomorrow. Keep an eye on the official website for the latest information. Students studying in class 8 to 12 and who are born on or after August 1, 2002, will be eligible for PRMO registration 2021
what is clearing INMO is it passing the cutoff or qualifying as an INMO awardee ?
Hope you are doing well.
1. Candidates who were born on or after August 1, 2001 and are currently enrolled in Class VIII, IX, X, XI, or XII are eligible to sit for the IOQM examination.
Individuals pursuing their education at Kendriya Vidyalayas (KVs) and Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas (JNVs) are ineligible to sit for the IOQM.
2. Candidates for the INMO 2020 Merit Award and all INMO awardees from 2020 or earlier are allowed to write the INMO 2021 exam WITHOUT qualifying via the IOQM, providing they meet the eligibility requirements for the IMO 2020 and EGMO 2022 exams.
3. The applicants must be citizens of the Republic of India.
Students holding OCI cards are allowed to write the IOQM on a provisional basis, subject to the criteria outlined below, which include:
Following a decision by the Madras High Court, students having OCI status will be disqualified from consideration for selection to the Indian team for the International Mathematical Olympiad in Japan.
Such students, on the other hand, are provisionally eligible for selection at ALL previous levels, up to and including the IMOTC, if they meet all other requirements.
They are also entitled to write the selection exams at the IMOTC, although on a temporary basis.
This policy is subject to modification at any time without prior notice if any additional orders are made by the courts or by a government body with appropriate jurisdiction.
4. It is the student's duty to verify that all of the eligibility requirements listed above are met before enrolling.
Students who do not satisfy the eligibility requirements at any point throughout the programme may be excluded from participation if it is discovered at a later time that they did not meet them.
Criteria for advancement from the IOQM to the INMO.
1. The following rule will be used in the preparation of the list of students who have qualified for the INMO 2021:
If they achieve a minimum cut-off score of 5 percent of the total marks in the IOQM paper, the top 300 (class XI or lower category)+ 60 (class II category) from each area in IOQM will be awarded a certificate.
However, this is not a qualifying requirement for the INMO programme.
• The top 540 on the IOQM merit list will be eligible for INMO, regardless of whether they are from a regional quota.
The total number of students in this pool (a) will be 90 from class XII.
(a) There will be 450 pupils in each of the classes VIII, IX, X, and XI.
• A minimum of 30 students (from the class XI or below category) plus 6 students (from the class XII category) plus 5 students (from the class XII category), regardless of the number of female students qualifying in the class XI or below category.
It is not possible for any girl student from class XII to qualify for INMO in the girls category.) from each region will qualify for INMO regardless of their scores (provided that each qualifying candidate has a score greater than a minimum cut-off score of 5 percent of the total marks of the IOQM paper.)
Hope you got the answer to your question. Incase of any queries, feel free to question. Have a great day!
Why does the official site of hbcse and mta do not have any information about prmo 2020-21?
HBCSE has delayed the online registration form of Pre-RMO 2020 exam. It is expected to be issued in the last week of June 2020 on mtaexam.com
You can register for PRMO 2020 exam in online mode or through the registered centres.
Eligible students will be able to register for or Pre-Regional Mathematical Olympiad 2020 till the first week of July 2020.
Pre-Regional Mathematics Olympiad 2020 may help in the second week of August 2020.
I hope this helps.
sir , This is Tushar, i live in telangana state in Hyderabad how can i apply for pre rmo? and where i can get my center?
Tushar, HBCSE will release the online registration forms for PRMO tentatively from the first or second weeks of August. You can either register through your school if it has been registered or you can register on your own. Schools will start registering themselves for PRMO tentatively from the month of June. So you need to check if your School has been registered or not. Based on that, you can either register through your school or individually. At this point in time, you need to wait for official notification for the registration process to start. For more information, please read our article: https://school.careers360.com/articles/prmo-registration
Can I register for PRMO online?(I am already eligible).
Yes , you also can apply online for PRMO, here HBCSE will release online application window most probably in the first week of June (depends upon the conditions also) on mtaexma.com, as you didn't mention your anything so that we could check your eligibility for this so still you can see basic eligibility criteria which are mentioned here:
Candidate must be from class 8th to 12 .
Your age must be after 1 August 2001.
Only Indian citizen and students who are having OCI certificates can apply for PRMO 2020.
for more criterias and details you can refer given link:
Best of luck.