NSEP Syllabus 2021 - Check IAPT NSEP Syllabus Here
NSEP Syllabus 2021- Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT) has provided the details of NSEP 2021 syllabus. Students are advised to cover CBSE Physics Class XI and Class XII syllabus to prepare for National Standard Examination in Physics. The syllabus of NSEP 2021 contains the important topics that students should cover for the exam. NSEP syllabus includes chapters of CBSE Class 11th & 12th physics such as Current Electricity, Electro-Magnetic Field, Geometrical Optics and more. Besides, students can refer to NCERT syllabus of 11th & 12th for more details information on topics and sub-topics. National Standard Examination 2021 in Physics will be conducted on February 7, 2021, to analyze the candidate's theoretical and experimental skills. Based on the last year's paper analysis by various coaching institutes, we have provided the syllabus of NSEP exam below. Read the entire content to know about the NSEP 2021 syllabus in detail-
Latest Update: IOQP admit card 2021 released. Download now.
NSEP Syllabus 2021
|Chapters||Important Topics||Total Marks as per the last year's analysis by Resonance|
|Geometrical Optics||Lens, Refraction by spherical surface, Refraction by Prism, Spherical mirror, Refraction in general, Refraction at the plane surface and TIR||39|
|Alternating current||Power consumed in an AC circuit, Resonance||12|
|Capacitor||A capacitor with a dielectric, Combination of Capacitors||6|
|Centre of mass, momentum & collision||Head-on collision, Motion of com||12|
|Circular Motion||Kinematics of circular motion, Circular motion in a vertical plane||9|
|Current Electricity||Instruments, Power, energy, battery, EMF, terminal voltage & Kirchhoff's law||21|
|Electro Magnetic Field||magnetic field due to a magnet and earth, magnetic field due to a straight wire, Magnetic field due to ring, Magnetic Force and torque on a current-carrying loop, dipole moment, Magnetic force on a charge||21|
|Electro-Magnetic Induction||Self-inductance EMF & magnetic energy density||3|
|Electrostatics||Coulomb's law, Electric potential and potential difference, Flux calculation and gauss's law, Conductor and it's properties, Electric pressure||12|
|Semi-Conductor||Diode, Logic Gates, Transistors||12|
|Work, power, Energy||Work done by a variable force, work-energy theorem||12|
|Simple harmonic Motion||Equation of SHM, Spring mass system||9|
|Thermodynamics||First law of thermodynamics, Root mean square velocity, kinetic energy||9|
|Heat Transfer||Thermal conduction in linear conductors||9|
|Modern physics-1||Electronic transition in the h/h-like atom/species, Photoelectric effect, X-ray||9|
|Newton's law of Motion||Calculation of force and acceleration||6|
|Fluid||Archimedes principle and force of buoyancy||6|
|Rectilinear Motion||Equation of motion and motion under gravity||6|
|Sound Wave||Doppler effect, Organ pipes and resonance||6|
|Gravitation||Universal law of gravitation||3|
|Rotation||Moment of inertia||3|
|Surface Tension||Excess pressure in drops and bubble||3|
|Wave optics||YDSE with monochromatic light||3|
NSEP Exam Pattern 2021
- NSEP Exam pattern provides an insight of the marking scheme, type of questions asked., negative marking and much more.
- The test duration is 02 hours.
- NSEP 2021 question paper is divided into two parts, part A1 and A2.
- Part A1 has 60 questions weighing 180 marks and part A2 has 10 questions weighing 60 marks.
- There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
|Part||No. of questions||Total Marks|
|A1||60||180 marks (3 marks each question)|
|A2||10||60 marks (6 marks per question)|
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Maths
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Physics
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Chemistry
- NCERT Solutions for Class 12 Biology
How to use NSEP Syllabus 2021 for Better Preparation?
Here are a few steps you can take to prepare yourself for the exam by using the NSEP 2021 syllabus:
- Analyse the NSEP 2021 syllabus: Students need to take a complete look at the syllabus of NSEP exam and important topics. They need to segregate the topics they know and don’t know and then make a study plan accordingly. It is also advised not to leave anything. Besides, cover the high-weightage topics prior to less important topics.
- Strategize the study plan: After segregating the topics, it is important to strategise how students will go about the preparation. It is advised to start early and prepare all topics of NSEP Syllabus at least a month before the exam.
- Use NCERT Books: Candidates should follow the NCERT books and prepare for the topics of NSEP 2021 syllabus. Test takers should also use reference books and go for more advanced topics once they are done with the syllabus.
- Solve Last year's question papers- IPAT releases the previous year NSEP question papers and answer key. Candidates can download them and practice with various kind of questions asked in the exam. These question papers are available on the official website of IAPT.
- Follow Right Reference Books: Students should also follow the Reference books for CBSE Class 12th Physics to know the different types of questions and detailed NSEP syllabus 2021. These books cover all sub-topics.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - NSEP Syllabus 2021 - Check IAPT NSEP Syllabus Here
Question: Is there any negative marking in NSEP 2021?
Yes, 1 mark is deducted from total scores for each wrong answer.
Question: What is NSEP?
NSEP stands for National Standard Examination in Physics which is held by IAPT.
Question: Which is tougher, KVPY or NSEP?
NSEP is tougher than KVPY.
CBSE Class 12 English Preparation Tips 2021 - Know the most im...
The CBSE class 12 Physics preparation tips 2021 are very helpf...
Students always search for how to prepare for class 12 maths b...
Best Reference Books for CBSE Class 12 Chemistry - Students ca...
With proper CBSE class 12 Biology preparation tips 2021 studen...
Questions related to CBSE Class 12th
I m in 12th PCM (CBSE) I have not given the pre board exam, and my school is threatening me that they will not give me those marks which are going from school. But i think the marks are given by the external examiner only on the basis of practicals which carry 30 marks.Am I correct?
In every school pre boards are a mandatory thing to give before your boards. It is a kind of sample test to check your preparation before your actual board exams.. Some schools also have rules for student to pass in the board exam in order to get the Admit Card.
Yes the marks are given by the external. But it's no loss if you talk to the school authorities calmly and come up with a solution to cope with problem.
All the very best for your Board exams.
I am in 12th PCM from CBSE board, and I am not giving the pre boards which have been started from tofay in my school because my JEE is on 25th. And they are saying that, they will not send those 20 (each subject) marks which will be going from school. What should I do.
If your JEE Mains examination is on 25th, definitely go and attend examination with full preparation.
Now, regarding the pre Board examinations in your school you can tell them in advance and ask for their permission and the School authority cannot restrict you from attending any examination.
Hope that this information was helpful for you.
All the best for your examinations!!
I passed I 11 in 2020 and want to take admission in class 12 as a regular candidate and Im from CBSE... can I take admission AS a regular candidate??
Your admission in 12th class in other school as a regular candidate will be possible if your parents transfer from one City to another city due to service or business. Your health problem is bound to change your city for you have to get regular treatment for unavailable reasons of ailment.
Your admission will be provincial and will be subject to the approval of CBSE board.
For this reason you have to submit a written affidavit on a 20 rupees stamp paper by your parents showing all the valid reasons for it. You have to submit documents like 11th result card ,11th registration card , document of your parents transfer due to service transfer or business transfer.
Hope this will be helpful.
hii, i have passed cbse class 12th examination in 2020 with 49%(pcb) .want to give neet exam,so i have applied for improvement in 2021 for chemestry and biology if my improved no. will less than previous one, then which will be valid. In case new one is less than previous one then what will happen?
Dont think too much dear. Improvement number is always higher than your previous year number. So just don't think negatively. You just focused on your study. And give the improvement examination. You will be passed with well number. You can get above 55% markd minimum. Thats your target and you will achieve it. Just prepare yourself.
All the best.
I want to know about distribution of those 20 marks which are given on the basis of Practicals and all in CBSE class 12th PCM
The partial questions for CBSE class 12th PCM is consists of :-
- Very Short Answer (VSA) – 1 marks (No. of question 2)
- Short Answer (SA) – 2 marks (No. of question 2)
- Long Answer – I (LA-I) – 4 marks (No. of question 2)
- Long Answer – II (LA-II) – 6 marks (No. of question 1)
Which ,makes the total mark of 20(marks).