NSEP Syllabus 2020 - Check IAPT NSEP Syllabus Here
NSEP Syllabus 2020- Indian Association of Physics Teachers (IAPT) has provided the details of NSEP 2020 syllabus. Students are advised to cover CBSE Physics Class XI and Class XII syllabus to prepare for National Standard Examination in Physics. The syllabus of NSEP 2020 contains the important topics that students should cover for the exam. NSEP syllabus includes chapters of CBSE Class 11th & 12th physics such as Current Electricity, Electro-Magnetic Field, Geometrical Optics and more. Besides, students can refer to NCERT syllabus of 11th & 12th for more details information on topics and sub-topics. National Standard Examination 2020 in Physics will be conducted on November 22, 2020, to analyze the candidate's theoretical and experimental skills. Based on the last year's paper analysis by various coaching institutes, we have provided the syllabus of NSEP exam below. Read the entire content to know about the NSEP 2020 syllabus in detail-
NSEP Syllabus 2020
|Chapters||Important Topics||Total Marks as per the last year's analysis by Resonance|
|Geometrical Optics||Lens, Refraction by spherical surface, Refraction by Prism, Spherical mirror, Refraction in general, Refraction at the plane surface and TIR||39|
|Alternating current||Power consumed in an AC circuit, Resonance||12|
|Capacitor||A capacitor with dielectric, Combination of Capacitors||6|
|Centre of mass, momentum & collision||Head-on collision, Motion of com||12|
|Circular Motion||Kinematics of circular motion, Circular motion in a vertical plane||9|
|Current Electricity||Instruments, Power, energy, battery, EMF, terminal voltage & Kirchhoff's law||21|
|Electro Magnetic Field||magnetic field due to a magnet and earth, magnetic field due to a straight wire, Magnetic field due to ring, Magnetic Force and torque on a current-carrying loop, dipole moment, Magnetic force on a charge||21|
|Electro-Magnetic Induction||Self-inductance EMF & magnetic energy density||3|
|Electrostatics||Coulomb's law, Electric potential and potential difference, Flux calculation and gauss's law, Conductor and it's properties, Electric pressure||12|
|Semi-Conductor||Diode, Logic Gates, Transistors||12|
|Work, power, Energy||Work done by a variable force, work energy theorem||12|
|Simple harmonic Motion||Equation of SHM, Spring mass system||9|
|Thermodynamics||First law of thermodynamics, Root mean square velocity, kinetic energy||9|
|Heat Transfer||Thermal conduction in linear conductors||9|
|Modern physics-1||Electronic transition in the h/h-like atom/species, Photoelectric effect, X-ray||9|
|Newton's law of Motion||Calculation of force and acceleration||6|
|Fluid||Archimedes principle and force of buoyancy||6|
|Rectilinear Motion||Equation of motion and motion under gravity||6|
|Sound Wave||Doppler effect, Organ pipes and resonance||6|
|Gravitation||Universal law of gravitation||3|
|Rotation||Moment of inertia||3|
|Surface Tension||Excess pressure in drops and bubble||3|
|Wave optics||YDSE with monochromatic light||3|
NSEP Exam Pattern 2020
- NSEP Exam pattern provides an insight of the marking scheme, type of questions asked., negative marking and much more.
- The test duration is 02 hours.
- NSEP 2020 question paper is divided into two parts, part A1 and A2.
- Part A1 has 60 questions weighing 180 marks and part A2 has 10 questions weighing 60 marks.
- There will be a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
No. of questions
180 marks (3 marks each question)
60 marks (6 marks per question)
How to use NSEP Syllabus 2020 for Better Preparation?
Here are a few steps you can take to prepare yourself for the exam by using the NSEP 2020 syllabus:
- Analyse the NSEP 2020 syllabus: Students need to take a complete look at the syllabus of NSEP exam and important topics. They need to segregate the topics they know and don’t know and then make a study plan accordingly. It is also advised not to leave anything. Besides, cover the high-weightage topics prior to less important topics.
- Strategize the study plan: After segregating the topics, it is important to strategise how students will go about the preparation. It is advised to start early and prepare all topics of NSEP Syllabus at least a month before the exam.
- Use NCERT Books: Candidates should follow the NCERT books and prepare for the topics of NSEP 2020 syllabus. Test takers should also use reference books and go for more advanced topics once they are done with the syllabus.
- Solve Last year's question papers- IPAT releases the previous year NSEP question papers and answer key. Candidates can download them and practice with various kind of questions asked in the exam. These question papers are available on the official website of IAPT.
- Follow Right Refrence Books: Students should also follow the Reference books for CBSE Class 12th Physics to know the different types of questions and detailed NSEP syllabus 2020. These books cover all sub-topics.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - NSEP Syllabus 2020 - Check IAPT NSEP Syllabus Here
Question: Is there any negative marking in NSEP 2020?
Yes, 1 mark will be deducted from total scores for each wrong answer.
Question: What is NSEP?
NSEP stands for National Standard Examination in Physics. NSEP Exam will be held by IAPT
Question: Which is tougher, KVPY or NSEP?
NSEP is tougher than KVPY.
Question: When can I apply for NSEP 2020?
NSEP Registration 2020 will start in August 2020 online on iapt.org.in.
CBSE Class 12 Sample Papers 2020– CBSE has released CBSE 12th ...
CBSE Class 12th Question Papers 2020 are provided here in pdf ...
NSEP Registration 2020 - Indian Association of Physics Teacher...
CBSE Class 12 English syllabus 2020-21, CBSE 12th English syll...
Questions related to CBSE Class 12th
i am national level player in cbse football nationals, will any extra be rewarded to me in my cbse class 12th marksheet this year?
i want to know that whether i can appear for CSEET 2020 but my CBSE class 12th bst exam is left
Yes the eligibility criteria states that candidate appearing in Senior Secondary examination (10+2 exam) or equivalent examination are also eligible to give CS Executive Entrance Test. So you are eligible to give the CS Executive Entrance Test. Please click the below link to know more.
Latest cbse class 12th syllabus updates
I am providing you a link from which you access to the all syllabus and you can download it for every subjects like physics , chemistry ,maths, language ,business and other subjects.
So look for the post for which you want the syllabus .
I just want to ask that if a student of cbse class 12th 2020 predicted the score of chemistry -70/100 biology 79/100 and in physics ge predicted 21/70 so CBSE can give him gracing by seeing others subject marks???
No, your marks from other subjects will not have any impact on the marks in other subject. However, it is being noticed that the physics paper of 2020 was a bit on the tougher side and whenever such things happens, CBSE do lenient marking so if you are sure of 21 marks, you might as well expect passing marks.
Hope this helps. Thank you.
I can get below 75% in 12th 2019, then i go for improvement exams for all 5 subjects in 2020, but i give only 1 subject exam due to some personal reasons and absent in other 4,, then I eligible to give improvement exams in 2021.
Hello Aspirant !
As per the CBSE , improvement exam. can be taken only in the successive year of passing Class XII exams
So , you cannot appear for the exam in 2021.
For more information you can visit :
Hope it helps !