CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21 (Reduced) - Download Pdf Here
CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21 - Central Board of Secondary Education has released the reduced syllabus for Class 12 Biology. Students can download the CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21 using the link given below. Also, they can access CBSE 12th Biology syllabus 2020-21 from the official website cbseacademics.nic.in.
Syllabus link - Click here to download CBSE 12th class Biology syllabus 2021 pdf.
Latest: CBSE Class 12 syllabus 2021 is available for all other subjects.
- Also, check NCERT solutions for Class 12 Biology
The syllabus consists of all the units, chapters, and topics for the theory exam along with the details of the practicals. Students can check the mark allotted for each unit from the CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21. The syllabus is available in the pdf format, which students can refer to while preparing for the CBSE 12th exams. Students will be able to check all the important and high weightage topics from the syllabus and prepare accordingly for the exams. The CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21 will be helpful in academics as well as competitive exams. Read the complete article to know the syllabus.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21
There are a total of 5 units in the syllabus of Biology. The theory papers consist of 70 marks and practical exams will be of 30 marks. Check the complete syllabus below.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus for Theory
Unit VI - Reproduction
Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
Unit VII - Genetics and Evolution
Principles of Inheritance And Variation
Molecular Basis of Inheritance
Unit - VIII
Human Health and Disease
Microbes in Human Welfare
Unit IX - Biotechnology and Its Applications
Biotechnology: Principles and Processes
Biotechnology and its Applications
Unit X - Ecology and Environment
Organisms And Population
Biodiversity and Conservation
Related Subjects' Syllabus
|CBSE Class 12 Pysics syllabus||CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry syllabus||CBSE Class 12 Maths syllabus|
What are the important topics of CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21?
Some of the topics of each chapter are given below for the ease of syllabus. For detailed syllabus, students can download the pdf file using the link given above.
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants:
- Flower structure
- Pollen-pistil interaction
- Post fertilization events, etc.
- Human Reproduction
- Menstrual cycle; fertilisation,
- microscopic anatomy of testis and ovary,
- parturition (elementary idea); lactation (elementary idea), etc.
- Reproductive Health
- IVF, ZIFT, GIFT,
- contraception and medical termination of pregnancy, etc.
- Principles of Inheritance And Variation
- Multiple alleles and inheritance of blood groups,
- Sex determination - in humans,
- Birds and honey bee, haemophilia, colour Blindness, etc.
- Molecular Basis of Inheritance
- Genetic code, Translation,
- Gene expression and regulation,
- Structure of DNA and RNA, etc.
- Human Health and Disease
- Pneumonia, the common cold,
- Basic concepts of immunology - vaccines;
- Cancer, drug and alcohol abuse, etc.
- Microbes in Human Welfare
- Production, sewage treatment,
- Energy generation, etc.
- Biotechnology: Principles and Processes
- Genetic Engineering (Recombinant DNA Technology).
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Gene therapy;
- Genetically modified organisms, transgenic animals;
- Biosafety issues, etc.
- Organisms and Population
- Mutualism, competition,
- Predation, birth rate and death rate,
- Age distribution, etc.
- Biodiversity and Conservation
- Red Data Book,
- Biosphere reserves, patterns, importance;
- Loss of biodiversity, etc.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021 for practical
One Major Experiment
One Minor Experiment
Practical Record+Viva Voce
Project Record + Viva Voce
How to Download CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21?
Follow the steps given below to download the CBSE 12th syllabus for Biology 2021 from official website:
- Step 1 - Go to the official website, cbseacademics.nic.in.
- Step 2 - On the home page, click on the ‘Curriculum’ option.
- Step 3 - Click on the ‘Senior Secondary Curriculum (XI-XII)’.
- Step 4 - Select Academic Electives - (Group-A).
- Step 5 - Now click on the Biology tab. The CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21 will get displayed on your screens. Save the syllabus in pdf format.
Prescribed Books for CBSE Class 12 Biology
CBSE prescribed NCERT Books for Class 12 Biology to complete the CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21. It is important to refer to the NCERT book as it covers the entire syllabus in a simple and easily understandable language. Relevant diagrams are also provided with each topic for better understanding. Below is the list of prescribed books by CBSE:
- Biology, Class-XII, Published by NCERT
- Other related books and manuals brought out by NCERT (including multimedia)
- Biology Supplementary Material (Revised). available on CBSE website.
What chapters have been deleted in CBSE 12th Biology Syllabus 2020-21?
- Reproduction in Organism
- Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
- Environmental Issues
CBSE Class 12 Biology Preparation Tips 2020-21
While preparing for the CBSE Class 12th, students must implement some simple but effective tips and tricks to score well in the same. Coming to Biology, it is a subject which will help you score very well in case you take it seriously and give your best. Go through some of the best preparation tips for CBSE 12th Biology.
- Complete the CBSE Class 12 Biology syllabus 2020-21 as soon as possible so that you can give maximum time for revision.
- Students must refer to the CBSE class 12 time table 2020 and plan their studies accordingly.
- Do not mug up the theories of Biology, instead, try to understand the meaning of the same and make personal notes. These notes will help you to revise at the last moment.
- After completing the CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21, students must solve the CBSE Class 12 question papers. This will help them to know the exam pattern, marking scheme and important topics.
- Dedicate maximum time for the revision and do not ignore any doubts. Clear them right away. Seek help from others in case of confusion. Also, do not stress about the board, instead, give your best and score well in CBSE class 12 result 2020.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21 (Reduced) - Download Pdf Here
Question: What are the passing marks in CBSE Class 12th exams?
Students must score at least 33 per cent marks per subject in order to pass the CBSE Class 12 exams.
Question: Where can I get the solution of topics given in CBSE 12th Biology syllabus?
Students can access topic-wise solutions using the links available on this page.
Question: Is NCERT book enough to prepare for the exams?
Yes, NCERT books are enough to prepare for the exams and cover CBSE class 12 Biology syllabus 2020-21.
Question: Is this CBSE 12th syllabus 2020-21 latest?
Yes, this syllabus is the latest syllabus, as released by CBSE after reduction.
CBSE Class 12 Physics Sample Papers 2021 - CBSE Board will rel...
CBSE Class 12 Date Sheet 2021 - CBSE will release the time tab...
CBSE 12th Admit Card 2021 - CBSE will release the Class 12 adm...
CBSE Class 12 Maths Syllabus 2020-21 - CBSE has released the C...
CBSE Class 12 Chemistry Sample Papers 2020-21 - Download last ...
Questions related to CBSE Class 12th
what is the registration fees for cbse class 12th 2020-21?
Since the year 2019, CBSE has implemented new policy to increase its fee for registration of class X and XII students.
The Fee for Class XII for registering in CBSE is Rs. 1500/-. for general Category students. However, is is a bit less for reserved candidates.
Got 93.75% in best 4 subjects in CBSE class 12th in humanities streem . Please let me know prediction for Delhi Universitys best colleges like St Stefan, lady Sri Ram , Hindu , Mary, Miranda
Hope you are doing well.
As per your question, as you are good marka in your academics you can get good college as well as per your academics marks. Some of the good colleges in delhi are :-
1) Hindu college:-they have fees structure of 52.68k
2) st Stephen college:- having fee structure of 1.21lakh
3) miranda house :--having fees structure of 48.3k
4) hansraj college:-having fee structure of 62.386k
5) gargi college:-having fees structure of 36.38k
6) ramjas college:-having fee structure of 40.4k
As per my opinion you can go for having a degree in St stepen college or gargi college as per your financial as well as per convinience .
As all the colleges mentioned above are good colleges so can choose any of the college for your futher academics or degree.
Hope this information helps you out. Thank you
i have given compartment exam in music, and improvement exam in 4 main subject except music, now while getting admission in college they ask me to give total marks in 500, but i have given improvement for 400 marks, which subject marks should i add in 400 to make it 500
Improvement exams can only be given by passed out students. You can use any of your result for applying in colleges i.e. improved result or one that you got earlier. If you have given exam in 4 subject then you have to mention marks of music as 5 subject which you have got in your compartment examination that will sum up to 500 marks.
Hope this will help
Hey there, I want to register for NSEP and I am seriously confused about the registration part! Is it online or offline? If its online then from where can I fill up the form for NSEP, Help please! :)
IAPT (Indian Association of Physics Teachers) has delayed the registration process until August 30, 2020. IAPT will release the application form of NSEP 2020 on iaptexam.in. Students can register directly through centre registration or can submit applications online for NSEP 2020 till the last date. The application forms are not yet available. Once the form is released in the official website you need to fill the following details.
- Name of the Student
- Father's Name/ Mother's Name
- Date of Birth
- School Name & Address
- Student's Postal Address
Students will have to pay the registration fee to the school authorities in order to complete the NSEP registration 2020. Please click the below link to know more.
In CBSE class 12th i failed in maths which was my main subject but passed in 6th subject i.e. Physical Education so my overall result is PASS am i eligible for B.A Degree ?
For few board of education such as CBSE , if one fails in any one of their subjects whether it is main or extra then he/she will be regraded to be a fail. Every board takes the re-exam on the given time. This is called supplementary/compartment exam. After giving this exam one can improve his/her marks in that subject.
As per CBSE Examination rules, a student is declared pass if he passes in English and 4 other subjects. So, if you fail in 2 subjects then you will be considered failed and need to appear for compartment exams. Hence you will not be eligible for admission to undergraduate courses in any university. But don't worry give your best to improve your marks this time
Hope your query is resolved.