CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21 (Reduced) - Download Pdf Here
CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21 - Central Board of Secondary Education has released the reduced syllabus for Class 12 Biology. Students can download the CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21 using the link given below. Also, they can access CBSE 12th Biology syllabus 2020-21 from the official website cbseacademics.nic.in.
Syllabus link - Click here to download CBSE 12th class Biology syllabus 2021 pdf.
Latest: CBSE Class 12 syllabus 2021 is available for all other subjects.
- Also, check NCERT solutions for Class 12 Biology
The syllabus consists of all the units, chapters, and topics for the theory exam along with the details of the practicals. Students can check the mark allotted for each unit from the CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21. The syllabus is available in the pdf format, which students can refer to while preparing for the CBSE 12th exams. Students will be able to check all the important and high weightage topics from the syllabus and prepare accordingly for the exams. The CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21 will be helpful in academics as well as competitive exams. Read the complete article to know the syllabus.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21
There are a total of 5 units in the syllabus of Biology. The theory papers consist of 70 marks and practical exams will be of 30 marks. Check the complete syllabus below.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus for Theory
Unit VI - Reproduction
Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants
Unit VII - Genetics and Evolution
Principles of Inheritance And Variation
Molecular Basis of Inheritance
Unit - VIII
Human Health and Disease
Microbes in Human Welfare
Unit IX - Biotechnology and Its Applications
Biotechnology: Principles and Processes
Biotechnology and its Applications
Unit X - Ecology and Environment
Organisms And Population
Biodiversity and Conservation
Related Subjects' Syllabus
|CBSE Class 12 Pysics syllabus||CBSE Class 12 Computer Science Syllabus|
|CBSE Class 12 Chemistry syllabus||CBSE Class 12 Maths syllabus|
What are the important topics of CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21?
Some of the topics of each chapter are given below for the ease of syllabus. For detailed syllabus, students can download the pdf file using the link given above.
- Sexual Reproduction in Flowering Plants:
- Flower structure
- Pollen-pistil interaction
- Post fertilization events, etc.
- Human Reproduction
- Menstrual cycle; fertilisation,
- microscopic anatomy of testis and ovary,
- parturition (elementary idea); lactation (elementary idea), etc.
- Reproductive Health
- IVF, ZIFT, GIFT,
- contraception and medical termination of pregnancy, etc.
- Principles of Inheritance And Variation
- Multiple alleles and inheritance of blood groups,
- Sex determination - in humans,
- Birds and honey bee, haemophilia, colour Blindness, etc.
- Molecular Basis of Inheritance
- Genetic code, Translation,
- Gene expression and regulation,
- Structure of DNA and RNA, etc.
- Human Health and Disease
- Pneumonia, the common cold,
- Basic concepts of immunology - vaccines;
- Cancer, drug and alcohol abuse, etc.
- Microbes in Human Welfare
- Production, sewage treatment,
- Energy generation, etc.
- Biotechnology: Principles and Processes
- Genetic Engineering (Recombinant DNA Technology).
- Biotechnology and its Applications
- Gene therapy;
- Genetically modified organisms, transgenic animals;
- Biosafety issues, etc.
- Organisms and Population
- Mutualism, competition,
- Predation, birth rate and death rate,
- Age distribution, etc.
- Biodiversity and Conservation
- Red Data Book,
- Biosphere reserves, patterns, importance;
- Loss of biodiversity, etc.
CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2021 for practical
One Major Experiment
One Minor Experiment
Practical Record+Viva Voce
Project Record + Viva Voce
How to Download CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21?
Follow the steps given below to download the CBSE 12th syllabus for Biology 2021 from official website:
- Step 1 - Go to the official website, cbseacademics.nic.in.
- Step 2 - On the home page, click on the ‘Curriculum’ option.
- Step 3 - Click on the ‘Senior Secondary Curriculum (XI-XII)’.
- Step 4 - Select Academic Electives - (Group-A).
- Step 5 - Now click on the Biology tab. The CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21 will get displayed on your screens. Save the syllabus in pdf format.
Prescribed Books for CBSE Class 12 Biology
CBSE prescribed NCERT Books for Class 12 Biology to complete the CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21. It is important to refer to the NCERT book as it covers the entire syllabus in a simple and easily understandable language. Relevant diagrams are also provided with each topic for better understanding. Below is the list of prescribed books by CBSE:
- Biology, Class-XII, Published by NCERT
- Other related books and manuals brought out by NCERT (including multimedia)
- Biology Supplementary Material (Revised). available on CBSE website.
What chapters have been deleted in CBSE 12th Biology Syllabus 2020-21?
- Reproduction in Organism
- Strategies for Enhancement in Food Production
- Environmental Issues
CBSE Class 12 Biology Preparation Tips 2020-21
While preparing for the CBSE Class 12th, students must implement some simple but effective tips and tricks to score well in the same. Coming to Biology, it is a subject which will help you score very well in case you take it seriously and give your best. Go through some of the best preparation tips for CBSE 12th Biology.
- Complete the CBSE Class 12 Biology syllabus 2020-21 as soon as possible so that you can give maximum time for revision.
- Students must refer to the CBSE class 12 time table 2020 and plan their studies accordingly.
- Do not mug up the theories of Biology, instead, try to understand the meaning of the same and make personal notes. These notes will help you to revise at the last moment.
- After completing the CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21, students must solve the CBSE Class 12 question papers. This will help them to know the exam pattern, marking scheme and important topics.
- Dedicate maximum time for the revision and do not ignore any doubts. Clear them right away. Seek help from others in case of confusion. Also, do not stress about the board, instead, give your best and score well in CBSE class 12 result 2020.
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs) - CBSE Class 12 Biology Syllabus 2020-21 (Reduced) - Download Pdf Here
Question: What are the passing marks in CBSE Class 12th exams?
Students must score at least 33 per cent marks per subject in order to pass the CBSE Class 12 exams.
Question: Where can I get the solution of topics given in CBSE 12th Biology syllabus?
Students can access topic-wise solutions using the links available on this page.
Question: Is NCERT book enough to prepare for the exams?
Yes, NCERT books are enough to prepare for the exams and cover CBSE class 12 Biology syllabus 2020-21.
Question: Is this CBSE 12th syllabus 2020-21 latest?
Yes, this syllabus is the latest syllabus, as released by CBSE after reduction.
CBSE Class 12 English Syllabus 2020-21 - Download the latest C...
CBSE Class 12 Accountancy Syllabus 2020-21 - Students can down...
CBSE Compartment Result 2020 Class 12- CBSE will release CBSE ...
CBSE Class 12 Sample Papers 2020– CBSE has released CBSE 12th ...
CBSE Class 12th Question Papers 2020 are provided here in pdf ...
Questions related to CBSE Class 12th
hello Sir/madam I got compartment exam in my account subject in CBSE class 12th can i get admission in college of kolkata like Bhawanipur Education Society College for b.com course??
i hope you are doing well
so you want to take admission for the course B.com (//B.com) and you got compartment , it is not possible to take admission in any of the college if you are passed in your 10+2 or having compartment any of the core subject , being a student of commerce stream you better know account stands as core subject to further pursue any of the course in stream of commerce.
you first need to clear your compartment then only you would be eligible to take admission
hope this helps
if i take 6 subjects in Class 12 and fail in 1 subject (say math).But i passed overall in marksheet. So which exam i have to give Compartment or improvement exam to pass in the failed subject? Or is it only for students who failed overall in marksheet?
You have passed in 5 subjects but failed in 1 subject then you can give compartment exam in that particular subject next year.
As you mentioned that you had 6 subjects in 12th and you are passed in 5 subjects so even if you have failed in one subject, you will still be considered pass but if you want to get passed in the subject you have failed then you have the chance of giving compartment exam next year.
Improvement exam is for those students who want to improve their grades, and compartment is for those who have failed in any subject.
Hope this helps, all the best.
I am Class 12 pcmb student with total 6 subjects. I passed in 5 subjects(English, Physics, Chemistry,Biology, Painting).But failed in Maths. My marksheet says i passed. So can i give Compartment exam in math this year as i want to study B.tech? .Or i have to give improvement exam next year?
Hello student as 5 subjects are enough to get passed in class 12 as 6th subject is optional subject. If you want to appear in compartment examination and get passed in Mathematics subject sure you can appear in the compartment examination.
If you're willing to pursue engineering from top engineering colleges like NIT's IIITs CFTIs IITS and many others college you need to appear in jee main entrance examination.
Eligibility - Candidates must Candidates must passed or appearing class 12 with physics chemistry and mathematics with minimum 75 percent marks aggregate from a recognized board.
Feel Feel to comment if you have any doubt
i lost my admit card of class 12 th
You just inform your school that you had lost it somewhere.They would take the measures for an alternative.
CBSE offers the service for online generations of duplicate admit cards on to the official website. The duplicate admit card can be obtained by entering your affiliation code as user-id and school code as password. Here is the link to get the duplicate admit card.
May be it helpful for you
In regards to the recent tweet made by Dr.Ramesh Pokhriyal..where he stated that Only 12 passing certificate is needed for admission to NITs and IITs...Does that mean i can get admission in NIT with my JEE rank even if i failed in maths but passed overall in certificate due to 6th subject..
There is no minimum percentage required to get admission in NITs/CFTIs/IITs. But you must pass in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry from a recognised board. You can get admission irrespective of you percentage in class 12 provided you must qualify in JEE Main. If you have not passed in Mathematics you are not eligible to get admission. But if you pass in supplementary exam this year you will be eligible. You need to provide passing certificate.