Career Options after 12th
Career Options after 12th: Selecting a good career opportunity after 12th is a nerve-racking task. The career should be of their interest areas and it should also fetch a handsome salary. Students pursue their 12th standard in different streams namely Science, Commerce, and Humanities based on the career fields attract them the most. However, it is imperative to do comprehensive research on career options after 12th available in their domains which align with their interests too. We have listed down various career options available in different streams to pursue a bright start to your career. However, before we go ahead and explore the career opportunities after 12th, we have to make sure that our 12 board results are on par with the stream that we want to pursue. With CBSE 12th results and state boards like UP Board around the corner, students must do thorough research on the courses listed above keeping in mind their interests and scores. Along the mentioned Boards, boards of states like Kerala Board and Rajasthan will also declare the results for 12th in May. One needs to plan and apply for admission in a good college/institute based on 12th board result as in the case of certain fields, your score in Class 12th also determines your eligibility for admission.
Medicine and Engineering are the two most popular and sought-after careers after completing courses after 12th in Science but there are other thriving careers too. Students with interest in Biology can opt for MBBS, BDS, Optometrist, Pharmacist, Forensic Science, Microbiology and many more. Those with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) can opt from B.Tech, B.E, B.Arch, Aeronautics etc.
Best Careers Options After 12th Science
Expected salary (Per annum)
Rs. 3 Lakhs to upto 10 Lakhs
Rs. 5 Lakhs to Rs. 12 Lakhs
Rs. 4 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs
To become a Pilot at the Indian Air Force (IAF), they need to clear the NDA examination.
Rs. 6 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs
B.tech from IT or computer science
Rs. 3.5 Lakhs to 9 Lakhs
Rs. 2.5 Lakhs to 5 Lakhs
masters degree in Agri-Botany/ Agri-Biotechnology/ Agri-Chemistry/ Agri-Economic/ Social forestry.
Rs. 5.5 Lakhs to 11 Lakhs
Bachelor's degree in Biomedical Engineering
Rs. 3 Lakhs to 10 Lakhs
Rs. 3.2 Lakhs to 7.8 Lakhs
Bachelor's degree in any field.
Rs. 3 Lakhs to 7 Lakhs
- MBBS- After clearing your 12th in Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB), you can become a part of the healthcare industry. This field not just suits your subjects but also makes a good career option after class 12th. You can prepare for medical entrance exams to get admission to a top medical college to pursue your MBBS degree. There are various entrance exams for admission to MBBS/BDS courses like NEET, AIIMS, JIPMER which candidates can take to get admission to the college of their choice. After obtaining the MBBS degree, you can either go for an MD to specialize in your area of interest or choose to practice medicine.
- Pharmacist- A course in Pharmacy deals with teaching students how to dispense and prepare medicines. The course also makes the student aware of drug-related information. The students of this course will be able to give advice on health care programmes as they will be more aware of the prescriptions given by doctors. They will also be able to evaluate drugs and drug use patterns. To become a pharmacist, you will have to pursue a 4-year B.Pharma programme. Many colleges/institutes conduct entrance exams for entry into this course.
- Architecture- The demand for career options after 12th as an Architecture is on the rise. Architects are licensed professionals who design and plan structures that are attractive, functional and safe. They can be involved in every phase of a building's development from conception to construction. To become an architect, one can pursue a Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.) program, which typically takes five years to complete after class 12th. Aspiring architects who have already earned a bachelor's degree in another field, like architectural history or construction management, can apply to a Master of Architecture (M.Arch.) program. These advanced programs are also open to applicants who have professional B.Arch. degrees and want to specialize in historic preservation, design theory, solar design, or another related field.
Chartered Accountant (CA), Company Secretary (CS), Cost and Management Accountant (CMA) are a few professional courses after 12th commerce one can choose after completing 12th in Commerce. Some regular courses include Bachelors in Business Administration (BBA), Bachelors in Economics, Bachelors in Commerce (B.Com).
Best Careers Options After 12th Commerce
Starting Salary* (per annum)
Rs. 1.3 Lakh to Rs. 5.8 lakh
Financial Analyst and Advisor
Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh
Investment Banking Analyst
Rs. 3 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh
Rs. 4 lakh to Rs. 20 lakh
Rs. 4 lakh to Rs. 20 lakh
Rs. 3 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh
Tax Auditor and Consultant
Rs. 2.3 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh
Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 8 lakh
Government Jobs/Banking Jobs
Rs. 3 lakh to Rs. 5 lakh
Rs. 2 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh
- Chartered Accountant (CA)- This is the most sought-after professional course for building a successful career in commerce. A profession of Chartered Accountant opens various doors to exciting career opportunities in diversified sectors. One can act as a Tax Consultant, an auditor, an advisor, a financial officer and much more. One can choose to work with a corporate or practice privately. This professional course is provided by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI).
- Cost and Management Accountant (CMA)- This course is provided by The Institute of Cost Accountants of India or ICWAI. Certified Cost Accountants maintain cost accounting records, do cost auditing, helps in planning, controlling and costing of products. One can do his/her own practice as CMA or hold managerial positions in public as well as private enterprises. The role of Cost Accountant goes beyond that of Financial Accountant by helping in production operations and processes. You can choose the cost audit area, certification and consulting areas.
- Bachelors in Economics- Bachelors in Economics provides practical knowledge on various economic concepts, economic policies, analytical methods and programs etc. You should certainly go for this programme if you are keen in economics and want to gain specialization about the economic framework. Graduating in economics can prove to be an added advantage if you want to prepare for Indian Administrative Services (IAS).
Students passing out of 12th Humanities stream can choose from plenty of career options available for higher studies. One can choose from a course after 12th arts like law, journalism and mass communication to others like fashion design, hotel management, graphic design etc.
Top 10 Careers in Arts
Expected Starting Salary
INR 1.5 to 6 LPA
INR 1.5 to 4 LPA
INR 2 to 20 LPA
Creative Director/Media Manager/Journalist
INR 2 to 18 LPA
INR 30k to 60k per month
INR 15k to 30k per month
INR 2.5 to 3 LPA
Social Media Manager
INR 1.7 to 6 LPA
INR 20k to 40k per month
INR 4 to 6 LPA
- Law- Students are given exposure to number of legislation and are also given the opportunity to participate in moot courts. Graduates can practice litigation or opt for corporate law. BA LLB, BBA LLB, B.Com LLB (5 years) and B.Tech LLB (6year) courses available to students across law colleges in the country.
- Fashion Design- This four year Bachelor of Design (B.Des) or Bachelor of Fashion Technology programme introduces the subjects that deal with Elements of Textiles, Pattern Making, Fashion Studies, Design Management, Fashion Forecasting etc. After completion of the course, graduates can either work as a fashion designer, interior designer, work in fashion house etc.
- Hotel Management- With consistence growth in the tourism sector of India every year, the Hospitality sector is also growing by leaps and bounds. The 3-year course trains students to take on managerial responsibilities in hotels. Guest Service Management, Housekeeping Management, Kitchen Management, Communication Fundamentals, Hotel Engineering etc. are some of the subjects taught in this course.
CBSE Class 12 English syllabus 2020-21, CBSE 12th English syll...
CBSE Compartment Result 2020 Class 12- CBSE will release CBSE ...
CBSE Passing Marks for Class 10th & 12th 2020 - CBSE passing c...
CBSE Class 12 Physics Syllabus 2020-21 - Students can download...
Questions related to CBSE Class 12th
i am national level player in cbse football nationals, will any extra be rewarded to me in my cbse class 12th marksheet this year?
i want to know that whether i can appear for CSEET 2020 but my CBSE class 12th bst exam is left
Yes the eligibility criteria states that candidate appearing in Senior Secondary examination (10+2 exam) or equivalent examination are also eligible to give CS Executive Entrance Test. So you are eligible to give the CS Executive Entrance Test. Please click the below link to know more.
Latest cbse class 12th syllabus updates
I am providing you a link from which you access to the all syllabus and you can download it for every subjects like physics , chemistry ,maths, language ,business and other subjects.
So look for the post for which you want the syllabus .
I just want to ask that if a student of cbse class 12th 2020 predicted the score of chemistry -70/100 biology 79/100 and in physics ge predicted 21/70 so CBSE can give him gracing by seeing others subject marks???
No, your marks from other subjects will not have any impact on the marks in other subject. However, it is being noticed that the physics paper of 2020 was a bit on the tougher side and whenever such things happens, CBSE do lenient marking so if you are sure of 21 marks, you might as well expect passing marks.
Hope this helps. Thank you.
I can get below 75% in 12th 2019, then i go for improvement exams for all 5 subjects in 2020, but i give only 1 subject exam due to some personal reasons and absent in other 4,, then I eligible to give improvement exams in 2021.
Hello Aspirant !
As per the CBSE , improvement exam. can be taken only in the successive year of passing Class XII exams
So , you cannot appear for the exam in 2021.
For more information you can visit :
Hope it helps !